awful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: awful

In Response to Re: awful:
    Are you kidding me?  Really?  I am actually starting to believe that you guys think the colts should never ever get a call.  Last week the Jags got 5 downs to get a first down and ultimately that 5th down got the job done which resulted in points.  No flag seen anywhere, and not a peep out of pats fans - of course. This week on both of the Raiders PI calls, the Raiders were holding down an arm of the receiver impeding his progress - classic PI.  If this happened to a Patriot receiver without a corresponding call, you guys would be howling about how the NFL hates the pats (correction: you do that anyway).  The calls were clearly PI, unless you are pats fans who think any call the colts get is wrong or if it had occurred against the pats d. 
    Posted by UD6

Hey guys...would any of you be willing to buy a used car from UD6??

LOL!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: awful : never left.  Was here through the losses as well.  check the threads.  You'll see.  Addai being back will help.  Picking up Rhodes will also help.  Did you know that in the colts game vs. the pats earlier this year, they had 6 penalties called against them while the pats only had one.  How come that does not fit into your theory?
    Posted by UD6

~Dogg

Stop the garbage, o.k.?  I personally, already discussed this after the Indy/NE game...  Jesus, first time in something like 9 contests that NE had LESS penalties/penalty yards than Indy, and it was Indy=6 Penalties for 48 yards vs NE=1 Penalty for 15 yards, and what amounted to 3 of Indy's Penalties for 23 Yards were during Spercial Teams play/Turnover in downs, AND therefore were in ZERO way drive extended penalties/yards with added yards and/or plays tacked on during when the teams's actual Offenses & Defenses were on the field of play...  So what's that?  3 Penalties for 25 yards called against Indy vs 1 Penalty for 15 yards called against NE...  Good lord, I know getting less penalties than whomever the oppossing team Indy's playing on ANY & EVERY given week for a decade now, Must feel now almost as IF it's a god-given birthright for Indy and their fans, but at least attempt to stay in touch with reality man. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: awful : Of course, when your receiver would have otherwise been open but for interference on the defense, you'd say where's the call.  I love the honor comment coming from a pats fan who defends the "honorable" (snort) Bill Belichick.  Is there a less honorable coach in the league?
    Posted by UD6

There are 31 of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Why is a Colts fan posting in a Patriots forum?  Why do Jets, Chargers, Colts or fans of any other team come in here?  I don't get it.  Go away!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: awful : please pass the crack pipe - where do you see an open hand?  And the defender's arm is on branch and the ball is at least a yard away. rationalize it all you want, but the picture shows a text book PI that wasn't called. 
    Posted by robertebishop

no no, I think its time you laid off that thing Robbie.  There is no need for me to rationalize anything.  It was beautifully played defense and correctly deserved no call. 

You can clearly see that he does not have his hand on branch's arm or his hand.  Further in the play he batted the ball with his open hand.  Remember that whole thing about that ball being to the receiver in 2/100 of a second.  Do you really think a person could move his hand from "in" to out in 2/100 of a second?  Finally, look where the colts player's elbow is.  It's up which clearly shows his hand is turned out.  If your hand is turned in, then your elbow is "down". 

Man that is great d. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Indy - 4 for 42 yards...   Oakland - 10 for 116 yards and Oakland was the HOME team.  Manning's passer rating was 76.9.  From this string, if one were outside looking in, it appears there is an inference the Colts were aided by some timely yellow flags against Oakland?  My, oh my, is this something new?  Plus, UD6 is here to debunk this myth the Colts are a favorite of the yellow flag tossers.  The comment string for this game on the ESPN gamecast also has a number of comments regarding the disparity in penalties favoring the Colts.  But, we just have to chaulk it up to a disciplined Colts team versus an undisciplined Raiders team, as UD would say.  Colts fans love it, won't admit to it and call everyone else sore losers!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: awful : I guess all seemingly equitable, well meaning rules can be perverted by savvy players - hey, every one knows the NFL PI rules - and Peyton Manning has mastered the art of the deep underthrow that generates most of those PI calls - defender trailing a step runs into a receiver who has stopped to catch the underthrown ball - whether that pass could ever be completed is irrelevant to Manning and Company - because they get all the yardage on the play anyway - in fact, it is to Manning's advantage that the ball can not be caught by receiver, because it is ALSO likely that the defender can't catch it either  - when he is too busy running over the receiver who has stopped dead - legal yes, sporting, not really I fail to see how this is any different than the deliberate basketball foul - I'd like to see Indy drive the ball down the field legitimately with receivers catching passes instead of drawing penalties
    Posted by qball369

Your position assumes Manning is looking for PI which is debateable.  One of the most effective throws in football is the back shoulder throw and all good QB's including Brady do it. 

In order for your theory to be meaningful, you must eliminate your bias first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Nick - Weddle had Wayne hooked.  Look at the picture, the colts defender's "back" arm is nowhere near branch.  Your arguement is apples and oranges.

You do have a point about yardage though, the branch throw was within the 5 yard "chuck" area while Wayne was well beyond that.  The colts defender can have his hands on branch in that area, although he did not.

Finally, if a defender has his hand on the forearm of a receiver deep in a go route and the ref sees it (not handchecking) the ref is going to call it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

In Response to Re: awful : no no, I think its time you laid off that thing Robbie.  There is no need for me to rationalize anything.  It was beautifully played defense and correctly deserved no call.  You can clearly see that he does not have his hand on branch's arm or his hand.  Further in the play he batted the ball with his open hand.  Remember that whole thing about that ball being to the receiver in 2/100 of a second.  Do you really think a person could move his hand from "in" to out in 2/100 of a second?  Finally, look where the colts player's elbow is.  It's up which clearly shows his hand is turned out.  If your hand is turned in, then your elbow is "down".  Man that is great d. 

Posted by UD6

really ck back in 5 min

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: awful : You sanctimonious clown - you are the one who introduced Belichicks honor into this discussion - now you are going to act like you didn't?
    Posted by qball369

QBall - maybe you should read a little before spewing. 

Here is what bostontrollspanker said:
    I care less about whether the calls are right or wrong, and more about how I hate to see games won by such cheap penalties. And no, I don't even enjoy it when the Pats get a long PI call go their way. If I were you, I'd want my team to win with honor, not with a cheap penalty that is no way worth 30-50 yards.

I responded with:  "I love the honor comment coming from a pats fan who defends the "honorable" (snort) Bill Belichick.  Is there a less honorable coach in the league"

That's not sanctimonious.  That's calling a spade a spade, and if BTS had not tried to suggest that the colts were somehow dishonerable, I never would have brought it up.  Blame your own. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Nick - .... Finally, if a defender has his hand on the forearm of a receiver deep in a go route and the ref sees it (not handchecking) the ref is going to call it. 
    Posted by UD6

Watching the Giants-GB game and there was a PI call in that one in which both the defender and the receiver were playing "arm" tag.  Both had their arms stretched out yet the defender gets the PI call.  The type of "arm" action a defender applies to a receiver invariably results in a PI call, but, when the receiver applies the same action against a defender who has better position on the ball, the offensive PI call is rarely seen.  If not for the Colts crying a few years ago about the physicality of the Patriots defenders, we'd still have the PI call only when the ball is in the air, at which point the receiver can't be touched, while until then, the receiver can be chucked all the way down the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to awful:
    watch nfl network - why, why, why, are two of the colts high lights questionable pass interference calls.....  it never ends as much as i love the pats, stuff like this, and the bs helmet to helmet calls, are really starting to turn me away from this sport - sickening.....
    Posted by robertebishop

Little bit of a Colts obsession here isn't there Bub? The Colts are playing with Peyton Manning and about ten guys named Joe on offense. They couldn't beat the mighty Patriots could they? Methinks you're a little nervous about the Colts..............could it be because ole' Peyt shredded your defense for 4 td's like he was taking candy from a baby? Can't blame you though. I wouldn't want to face the Colts if I were one of the favorites. How'd you like Peyton's bootleg today? Not a bad call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Now I remember why I try to keep your many screen names on ignore - you don't thoughtfully pay attention to what is going on. 

"Of course, when your receiver would have otherwise been open but for interference on the defense, you'd say where's the call."

I have never complained about the lack of a PI call against my team because I can't stand winning with a PI call they way they are called now. If it were a college PI rule(10/15 yards) then I will revisit the issue, but for now I can't stand the combination of the subjectivity of the non-reviewable PI call and the massive yardage it awards.You will not find any posts amongst the 1,000+ I have posted complaining about a PI non-call. Of course, you ignored this point in my thread, because you realize how much these long PI penalties have benefitted your team in particular over the years. 

"I love the honor comment coming from a pats fan who defends the "honorable" (snort) Bill Belichick.  Is there a less honorable coach in the league?" I have actually criticized Bill on a number of occasions, but I guess you haven't paid attention to my posts. I always want my teams to win with as much honor as possible, and I am disappointed when they don't. I would hope you would want the same from your team. If that Pats win the Super Bowl this year, and a key play is a pass interference call that advances my team 50 yards, then it will leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I don't want to win that way. If you do, that's your option.

OK, you're back on ignore. Next time read the posts and don't lump all fans into the same generic category in your stereotyped brain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

One more thing. Last year they thought it would be interesting to "poll" the 16 living Hall of Fame quarterbacks on the Monday Night {or Sunday Night} Football game which the Colts and Patriots played. The question for the 16 living Hall of Fame quarterbacks was a simple one. Who is better, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? The result?
    Manning is better..........12
    Brady is better...............2
    Abstentions...................2

He!He!He!He!He!He!He!SmileSmileCoolCool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Nick - Weddle had Wayne hooked.  Look at the picture, the colts defender's "back" arm is nowhere near branch.  Your arguement is apples and oranges. You do have a point about yardage though, the branch throw was within the 5 yard "chuck" area while Wayne was well beyond that.  The colts defender can have his hands on branch in that area, although he did not. Finally, if a defender has his hand on the forearm of a receiver deep in a go route and the ref sees it (not handchecking) the ref is going to call it. 

Posted by UD6

it was a 3rd and 4, Branch ran 2 yards past the 1st down marker.     wrong again

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

In Response to awful :                   Little bit of a Colts obsession here isn't there Bub? The Colts are playing with Peyton Manning and about ten guys named Joe on offense. They couldn't beat the mighty Patriots could they? Methinks you're a little nervous about the Colts..............could it be because ole' Peyt shredded your defense for 4 td's like he was taking candy from a baby? Can't blame you though. I wouldn't want to face the Colts if I were one of the favorites. How'd you like Peyton's bootleg today? Not a bad call.
    Posted by walton

Not quite as obsessed as you are about the Pats.  You don't see me trolling over to a colts board.........  And I don't "look forward" to seeing most of the teams left in the hunt, because you never know what can happen in the playoffs (see 2001 Patriots, or the jets last year for that matter).  That being said with home field advantage, I like our chances as good, if not better, than any other team in the division to go to the super bowl, and any other team in the league to win the super bowl. 

I have a ton of respect for Manning can do, as he is often a freak of nature, but I also take a fair amount of comfort in his ability choke (see Super Bowl XLIV and the earlier game this season against the Pats).  That's a large part of the reason why TB has 3 rings, and the forehead has 1.

If I am a betting man, I'll take the guy with 31 touch downs and 4 interceptions this year. 

Oh, and I love this song - http://video.filestube.com/watch,fa505c30b5577ab203ea/Poutin-Manning-peyton-colts-lose-loss-loser-fail-cry-baby-pout-pouting-sad-patriots.html

Happy holidays,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Posted by ohyes

Haha. Yeah NE got jobbed on that one. Only a true homer would think that was anything but PI. 

It is the very definition of pass interference in the rules and would have been PI 30 years ago before the rules were collectively softened. 

Quite literally holding someone's arm down while they are trying to catch a pass. 

Its more like tackling than pass defense.

But then I suppose some people think they deserve that right and all of NE's receivers should be forced to catch with one hand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

One more thing. Last year they thought it would be interesting to "poll" the 16 living Hall of Fame quarterbacks on the Monday Night {or Sunday Night} Football game which the Colts and Patriots played. The question for the 16 living Hall of Fame quarterbacks was a simple one. Who is better, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? The result? Manning is better..........12 Brady is better...............2 Abstentions...................2 He!He!He!He!He!He!He!
    Posted by walton

As I recall the multi SB winning QB's were the ones who voted for Brady.  The ones with one SB or less (like Marino) voted for Manning (There are not very many multi SB winning QB's).  Essentially voting for themselves by saying stats were more important than SB's.  Ofcoulrse and QB who reached the HOF based on stats would be reluctant to name Brady because it would we like Marino admitting that Bradshaw, Aikman, and Montana were better QB's. 

Regardless, they are entitled to their opinion but that was prior to Manning's SB losing pick six and subsequent poor performance this year (and Brady's excellent performance this year) which would probably change things quite a bit. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

who cares what BB is?  He wins games, better than any other coach out there now. Pats best team last decade and starting a new record this decade.  Colts on way down this decade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I really don't care about the call. All teams get them and all teams have them missed. But when UD comes here crying about any PI. This is coming out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to awful:
    watch nfl network - why, why, why, are two of the colts high lights questionable pass interference calls.....  it never ends as much as i love the pats, stuff like this, and the bs helmet to helmet calls, are really starting to turn me away from this sport - sickening.....
    Posted by robertebishop

it's going to take a lot more than that to thow me.  BUT it needs to be fixed.  Bob Kraft needs to get someone in place on the rules committee.  If you want to cut down on helmet to helmet stuff, let guys defend the pass.  Then they won't have to try to knock it loose after the catch.

And who cares what Hall of Fame quaterbacks think?  Really? Not me.  All I care about is the Lombardi, and Tom has helped us get 3.  Peyton only got one.  THAT is the measure.  That is the ONLY measure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: awful : Of course, when your receiver would have otherwise been open but for interference on the defense, you'd say where's the call.  I love the honor comment coming from a pats fan who defends the "honorable" (snort) Bill Belichick.  Is there a less honorable coach in the league?
    Posted by UD6

Maybe if you stopped snorting that Drano you wouldn't be so stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: awful : it was a 3rd and 4, Branch ran 2 yards past the 1st down marker.     wrong again
    Posted by ohyes

it was a 6 yard pass route.  the first 5 the db was on him, then off then took a perfect angle to the ball.  Beautiful defense.  Pats fans think their receivers deserve a 3 yard cushion, but play defense into the chest of the receiver.  Pure hypocrisy.  Pure. 

Sections
Shortcuts