B. Llyod HOMEBOY!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

B. Llyod HOMEBOY!

Hasn't played a snap and after seeing this I now may hate the guy. Don't get me wrong I hope he catches alot of bombs but this is terrible. Check out his lyrics nevermind the feel good article.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/brandon_lloyds.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: B. Llyod HOMEBOY!

Does it reallyl surprise you?  How come black people can call us crackers and no one cares, but if it's the othe way around?  Didn't work out too well for Imus did it?!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

I just threw this together. Hope you all like it.

Chillin at work in my Carhartt Dungarees
    Lookin out my window checkin out the trees
    With the way the wind blow
    I don't get hit with no snow
    These managers think they can micro manage me
    I just shrug em off as if they were a flea
    aint gotta scream and shout
    just keepin my head down 9-5 and be out
    Just drank a cup of coffee to get loose
    Time to grab the paper and get paid as I drop a deuce!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Re: B. Llyod HOMEBOY!:
    [QUOTE]I just threw this together. Hope you all like it. Chillin at work in my Carhartt Dungarees Lookin out my window checkin out the trees With the way the wind blow I don't get hit with no snow These managers think they can micro manage me I just shrug em off as if they were a flea aint gotta scream and shout just keepin my head down 9-5 and be out Just drank a cup of coffee to get loose Time to grab the paper and get paid as I drop a deuce!
    Posted by Wilforkfitinham[/QUOTE]
    WOW! you rapped without talking about shooting people and being a racist bigot!!
    B Lloyd could learn a thing or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

Continued...

chilin here with my knees bent
    its a damn good thing I got a place to vent
    throwin the paper down on the floor
    as I read the graphiti on the stahl door
    tweetin from my iphone
    as the sucka next to me grunts and groans
    no shame in his game playin the fool
    must have not gotten the memo on the every other stahl rule
    time to finish up not be in a rush
    don't forget to give a homey a curtesy flush
    washin my hands reachin for a towel
    shakin my head in disgust as if my name were Simon Cowell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Do any of you know any white person who has ever been offended by being called a 'cracker'?

There's not even a clear origin of the word nor meaning, but it is pretty much accepted as meaning southern, poor, uneducated white people.

Black people use 'cracker', white people, from the south, lacking education happily call themselves rednecks. Proudly even. What's the difference?

N----- has a stronger meaning, but it's laughable how black people can throw it around to each other, but get highly offended if a white person uses it. It's a word, it is either offensive, or not, regardless on who is saying it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

I like the word pronounced 'Hon Kee' not sure why folks didnt stick with that. Anyways not trying to get into a racial slur war, just wanted to see what people thought of his lyrics and wrote some of my own to see if I could qualify as an aspiring star?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Do any of you know any white person who has ever been offended by being called a 'cracker'? There's not even a clear origin of the word nor meaning, but it is pretty much accepted as meaning southern, poor, uneducated white people. Black people use 'cracker', white people, from the south, lacking education happily call themselves rednecks. Proudly even. What's the difference? N----- has a stronger meaning, but it's laughable how black people can throw it around to each other, but get highly offended if a white person uses it. It's a word, it is either offensive, or not, regardless on who is saying it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

+1

I've actually been called a cracker and instead of being offended I just started breaking out in laughter. Honestly it is really silly. I actually think he was more offended at me laughing at him calling me a cracker then I was at being called one.

BTW Redneck is a term to be proud of. The original meaning of the term is a person who worked long, hard hours outdoors (usually in fields) and typically developed "permanent" sun burns on the back of their necks from all the sun exposure. Being a redneck use to mean that you were extremely hard working, so I never understood how or why it became a term meant for offense. True typically those with rednecks were less educated but I always judged a person by how much pride and effort they put into their work, not by what the work is (unless it's illegal then I judge)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ah who cares.....if you are proud of your race, you shouldnt care what silly racist names people call you......there is obviously a double standard. but there is no reason to get upset over a silly racist comment unless the person saying those things is trying to get you upset.....then there is a reason to beat the hell out of em!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I like the word pronounced 'Hon Kee' not sure why folks didnt stick with that. Anyways not trying to get into a racial slur war, just wanted to see what people thought of his lyrics and wrote some of my own to see if I could qualify as an aspiring star?
    Posted by Wilforkfitinham[/QUOTE]

Not to fond of it. Not because he used crackers cause honestly I could care less about the "mans bringing me down" type of stuff I just didn't think it was very good. I like late 80' - mid 90's style of rap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B. Llyod HOMEBOY! : WOW! you rapped without talking about shooting people and being a racist bigot!! B Lloyd could learn a thing or two.
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

who says rap is all about shooting people and being racist?  Im white.  it and i love the nig nog word and am not a poser but rap is art.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Who cares!! Any white person that is offended by any of this needs to find a remote island to live on alone. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B. Llyod HOMEBOY! : who says rap is all about shooting people and being racist?  Im white.  it and i love the nig nog word and am not a poser but rap is art.
    Posted by getdrunkstupit[/QUOTE]

Nevermind all that noise son! What did you think of my lyrical breakdowns?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If he wasn't a football player he certainly wouldn't make it as a professional rapper, or maybe he would, nowadays it requires very little talent to make it as an MC, see Rick Ross, Fabulous, etc... 

Not to date myself but back in my day a rapper actually had to be able to rhyme and have a large vocabulary. Now they can make up words altogether or alter existing words so they rhyme... hacks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8wNnA4tSw

"I'm ready to lose my mind, but instead I use my mind"

Thats deep.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Do any of you know any white person who has ever been offended by being called a 'cracker'? There's not even a clear origin of the word nor meaning, but it is pretty much accepted as meaning southern, poor, uneducated white people. Black people use 'cracker', white people, from the south, lacking education happily call themselves rednecks. Proudly even. What's the difference? N----- has a stronger meaning, but it's laughable how black people can throw it around to each other, but get highly offended if a white person uses it. It's a word, it is either offensive, or not, regardless on who is saying it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

The first portion you discuss here ma6dragon, is dead-on true:  The term "Cr#cker" is utterly hollow...it brings with it no tragedy afforded by any historical event(s); And you're right, even it's derivation is utterly meaningless in it's total uncertainty.  There is no added weight of any polarizingly negative single person, nor any group's ill-wills back- whenever...There's nothing.  "N#gg#r, on the otherhand, was the common term of derision used by white slave owners, In this same Country we're now standing in, When refering to their less-than-human property that they owned, by law- And whipped, and worked, and whipped, and worked some more (i.e. African Americans).  So when it's used BY a White American of European descent...yea, It's got a bit more derogatory "weight" than the pointless usage of "Cr#ck#r."

But your 2nd take ain't the complete tale...  African Americans, in refering to each other and the friends whom are in their closest circle of friends, acquantences, and kin, As: "N#gg#r"- Is Complimentary...  And we know that.  But most White Americans- He!!, I'm sure even most Black Americans, don't fully understand the full reasoning WHY it's such an acceptable & extremely commonplace term used by 1 African American towards another.  HERE's WHY & HOW:  Like I said, when "N#gg#r" is used in a complimentary way, 1 black dude to another, It often is, a term MOST applied to not simply some black stranger they pass by on the street, or anything...It is applied within their CLOSEST group of comrades, confidants, people they trust...People whom you would call friends, and whom they would consider as the definition of "a friend." 

So that's even MORE confusing, right?  I mean WhyTH call your very closest of people surrounding you in your life, such a horrible & derogatory term?!?  The Answer to this complimentary use of the word, is the exact same answer to why they throw it out in such a commonplace and cavalier manner:  

~It's because there IS no way whatsoever, that this term could or in the distant future-Can, be hidden, or denied, or swept under the rug by nothing less than 100% of Every White American NEVER ever using it, Ever Again...  Won't happen.  Didn't happen.  And it wasn't gonna happen...By 100% of ALL Americans?!?  No.  Silly notion.  BUT, once it's applied, and then OVER-applied, and then voiced loudly by the very same who's slave ancestor white property were condescendingly referred to as "N#gg#r", and used in excess, In a flooding usage...1 black guy to another black guy...And not just in a complimentary light, But in THE most complimentary manner, far more often than not, Towards the closest of comrades and tightest of acquantences (i.e. "friends")- the term, which would NEVER have been denied otherwise, Instead begins to take on a positive note- A VERY positive note- A note of respect and togetherness, no longer in the hands of those white folks, who are the color and sometimes even the actual ancestors of the persons who beat their OWN ancestors into forced labor- Mmm-mm, It ain't their's anymore...  Not as much as it always had been, even well after the abolishment of black slavery-  It starts to become YOUR term...  And guess what?  Can anybody else come up with a better idea, how to water down such a term, and place a positive, and group unifying spin to it's label...?  I can't.  We may not know it, and even they might not know it...But whatever single black dude first came up with angling it in this direction, WAS Brilliant...hands down-BRILLIANT way to defeat such a classless phrase with all the tragic notes that had always, and would have always (for a He!!uva'lot longer at least)- came with it's use in day to day situations, during the practice of slavery and for 100 years+ afterwords.  

...so now (and not you ma6dragon) let's see how some of you fellas b#llsh#t THIS take into deep left field territory... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

But I DO have to ask now...  Hey, Wilforkfitinham!?  I gotta know: Are you black?  Just wonderin', because: IF you are, then those lyrics are good enough to make you a double platinum multi-multi millionaire (I actually get into this same discussion with my younger brother time and time again).  But IF you're white, now...Then: Just throw 'em in the rubbish heap...'cause it ain't gonna ever happen.

See, this might not have been the case in the 1990's when ya had to compete with: Dre, Snoop, Cypress, ODB, Mobb Depp, 2pac, JayZ (when he was good), Eminem (when he was good), Biz, Naughty by-, Coolio, Busta, Biggey, Ice T, Cool J- there's about a dozen more often freakishly talented rappers during that era, not so long ago...  You wouldn'ta had a chance, Black OR White back then with those lyrics...It was a time when scary talented rappers were swallowed up by the big boys- Nas, Big L=Nobodies and exceptionally talented.  But Nowwwww!!!  Like I said, If you're african american, scribble your rap down on any random used dinner napkin and head out so ya can pick up an agent this afternoon...If ya get a head start this moment, chances are when you open your mailbox come morning=Bam, The 1st $100,000 advance should be there and already waiting for you.  

I'm not even sure IF what you wrote is actually TOO Good, according to the industry standards right now.  Maybe, split those lyrics up into 3 parts for 3 different people, then after all ya need is 12 more back-up guys doin' some "Yeaa-yeah- Hey! Say what?! Huh!", finally throw in some painfully repetive techno garbage, and lastly just rip off someone who had the smallest degree of real talent, and had a 1-hit wonder...BAM=Ya now got your chorus (i.e. their song)-  There's the current blueprint.  That's all you'll ever currently need in order to pay cash on the 50 mil mansion in Malibu within a month's time.        

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow, I knew there was a reason I didnt click on this, and now I regret doing so.

All I will say on this is I didnt see any response from anyone that actually made any sense to me.

1.) being called a cracker has what meaning? I dont know but Most here have said none.

2.) being called the "n" word by a white person holds stronger meaning as it applies to how racist people talk to blacks and also was prevelant in the slave days.

3.)Before anyone attacks me. My great grandfather Abner Ruffin was a slave who also served in the civil war and was one a few black men who recieved a pension from the U.S. army while being a slave, so I think I have some knowledge on this and I am not just speaking. MY family were slaves.

4.) Any Rap music you hear Now a days on radio, video's is garbage and if you didnt know, most major labels are owned by whites who used our music culture against us(in the 90's there were lots of positive rapper who were weeded out when the industry used NWA to negate all the positivity happening and it worked) So wozzy is right, R.Ross, Wayne, etc dont represent black people, they are sellouts using music to dumb down our youth and happily take the money in return) Laz, sorry you are wrong. Eminem is a great rapper and even he was USED to screw up white youths with his suicidal  pill popping rants. The fact is there arent that many great white rappers. That is not being racist.

5.) My ipod has no new rap music. Only old school stuff with a message.

6.) This is why I dont get involved in athletes lifes outside of football, if you followed around athletes there would be a lot you didnt like. Doesnt have to be brandon Lloyd. You ever hear Meriweather rap. There is a reason they play football and dont rap. People were all up in arms about Vick and his dogs not knowing more than half of the league(whites and blacks) attended them and supported them.

7.) Lesson for the O.P. - Just stick to sports and stay out of their personal lives if you dont want to "offended"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Wow, I knew there was a reason I didnt click on this, and now I regret doing so.  All I will say on this is I didnt see any response from anyone that actually made any sense to me."

Can anyone read my posts...I'm curious now, are they showing on this thread?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]" Wow, I knew there was a reason I didnt click on this, and now I regret doing so.  All I will say on this is I didnt see any response from anyone that actually made any sense to me ." Can anyone read my posts...I'm curious now, are they showing on this thread?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you guys want to here lyrics with intent then listen to "Moment of Truth" The Guru.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8wNnA4tSw

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

R.I.P to a legend. Guru grew up in the same neighborhood as I did.

I cant respect that. Wish he would have mentioned it more instead of claiming N.Y. all the time, but to his credit, thats where he made it. Boston has too many haters and we never support local artists here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jay- just got your note...  Nah, for me- 2 songs my Eminem are as good as ANY rapping, by anyone, ever:

"The Way I Am."
    and, especially:
    "Soldier"
    (not his hit "Toy Soldiers" or whatever it was, I never actually listened to it; usually if it makes the airwaves, odds are it's the sh#ttier and definitively the more shallow, "pop-ey", and more sellable number).

Gimme, Big L's "Put it On", and "Ebonics"; Nas's "New York Stae of Mind" (arguably one of the best rap songs ever made, and barely known); Cypress's 1st album with "P!gs", "Hand on the Pump," "Latin Lingo,", and "Hole in the Head" (whole album's sick I'm sure you already know); After that, they lost their street edge, and became Idk- Studio gangstas focusing on how much base to put into each song...After "I ain't goin' out like that" and "Roll it up, Light it up," they stopped having any voice to me.  Jay, check out Lil' Kim's release just about only 1 year ago, in response to Nicki Minaj's challenge hype to try to say she's a better artist than Kim.  Hilarious...I could listen to it until my ears bled, THAT good.  And it comes off as like, she just threw it down on the spot=Crazy.  Called "Black Friday" (find the 1 with no dj/and hopefully no intro- find the ones that the recording producer didn't try to wreck by doing what seems to be the common theme in today's rap industry: Place as much sh#t into the song as HUMANLY possible-ANY-thing and everything to make it sound like a jumbled piece of garbage...And then It's GOTTA Be Good!).

Could never get into Biggie that much...  Wanna know why he blew it up with "Juicy"?  A:  Because that light poppy, dance, MC Hammer background rif they placed as Juicy's chorus and beat, actually countered Small's gruff, mumbling, hardened ghetto slur (no offense inteaded towards Biggie).  

Yea, that's what I always USED to love about good rap:  Bare bones, brutally sincere in it's message and therefore- the song's Overall FEEL.  Barren, brutal, hard, and beautiful in it's pain-  East Coast offered the most simplest of pure drumbeat tracks (with the least amount of music frills, comparatively): Lay a beat down, and I'll take it over with my own voice skill (yea, rappers can't do this any more; It's not that it's changed...it's that they svck, but Disney & P-Diddy thought they might be marketable, so=Here they are).  Loved West Coast when it offered that latino flare, Cypress did it, and even Dre did it when he was the most successful (like: "Let me ride").  Same simplicity but with that nasty latin groove thrown in...gotta dig it.

He!!, Jay Z's best album was his first or second one, right (Black Album).  99 problems, Dirt off your shoulder, Big Pimpin'...  Sad thing is "Empire State of Mind" woulda actually been twice as good without Alicia Keyes bellowing out her lengthy overstated chorus every 30 seconds...  But it's the norm now- If your lyrics are cr#p to begin with, probably best to not even make any attempt to sing your own chorus- just outlet it to someone else's regurgitation on that part...    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I thought Hip-Hop was the real thing, where MC's used to express their evereyday life struggles, where they had a TRUE message in their lyrics. Where they talked about the important issues within the society, that's why I prefered Hip-Hop instead of RAP (today's gangsta rap)in which they focus more on drugs and violence. Back in the late 80's gangsta rap was a way to spread political and social messages to those who weren't aware of all the things that were happening in the ghetto. Now all we hear is insulting womens,guns,drugs,popping bottles etc...real shame though.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abereyes1. Show abereyes1's posts

Cracker - refers to the person holding a whip. The whip makes the cracking noise. "

"I cant whistle if I eat too many crackers." -Butters

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

[QUOTE]7.) Lesson for the O.P. - Just stick to sports and stay out of their personal lives if you dont want to "offended"
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Nah I am not easily offended at all. The article was posted here on Boston.com, all I was looking to do was point out how silly I thought this mans lyrics were, luckily he is loaded and can afford to finance himself in the music business. I am just a fat white middle aged man who works in a corporate IT world. I had fun coming up with those lyrics myself and maybe thats what it is all about with B. Lloyd. As for the people defining words and such guess I had to figure thats what the trolls would turn this post into. I think everyone who has posted up to this point should put that all aside and each come up wtih a funny ryme. Maybe we can have a Pats Boston.com rap battle!

Sections
Shortcuts