Baalke Looks To BB For Guidance

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Baalke Looks To BB For Guidance

I knew it would be deleted.  Note how Bustchise swings in with his two different board names he's using more regularly now.  Like clockwork.  I predicted it in the "Account Deletion" thread.

Priceless.  

Here it is again, which is bad news for the Cupcake Guild here. Their worst nightmare:

Patriots' influence in San Francisco
    May, 29, 2014
    MAY 29
    5:00
    AM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com
    RECOMMEND4TWEET6COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    In his 15 years with the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick has always focused on turning over the roster and using a variety of avenues to acquire talent at various times on the calendar. The same approach has been adopted with the 49ers, as general manager Trent Baalke explained to Dan Pompei of SportsonEarth.com.

"The way he uses all elements of transactions to improve the team and create competition within the team has impacted what we do here," Baalke tells Pompei. "Free agency, the draft, trades, every avenue possible the Patriots have done and they've done it very well. He's somebody I think a lot of people study."

Baalke's comments got us thinking about a chart detailing how the current Patriots' 90-man roster was constructed (how the player first joined the team):

Draft -- 37
    Rookie/first-year free agency -- 35
    Veteran free agency -- 13
    Waivers -- 5
    Trades -- 0

Last year, the Patriots had three players on the roster acquired in trades -- cornerback Aqib Talib, running back LeGarrette Blount and defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga. None are still with the club, and no other players on the roster have come to New England via a trade in which they had previously been playing for another team.

The numbers, which will be revisited when the team cuts down to 53 players at the end of the preseason, highlight the importance of developing younger players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4763459/patriots-influence-in-san-francisco

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Read this earlier. Not surprising at all, when you set up a program like this that sustains success for 10+ years people will copy. You only see consistent success in football like this in college with big programs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This cannot be true. BB the GM is a "fool" as 1 prominent poster says. I suppose in turn the Niners GM is equally as foolish as are the "many people who study" Belichick's team building philosophy. Plus we all know you can only get good players in the draft, undrafted FA'S suck, and trades don't count.

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am quite sure Bill Walsh was doing the same prior to BB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This cannot be true. BB the GM is a "fool" as 1 prominent poster says. I suppose in turn the Niners GM is equally as foolish as are the "many people who study" Belichick's team building philosophy. Plus we all know you can only get good players in the draft, undrafted FA'S suck, and trades don't count.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wow, you have devolved into Rusty True. I thought I never see it. Take a comment out of context and use it to troll. Seriously True, you need to take a step back and see what you've become.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill was not a gm and he was not in the cap era.  Next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no, but he had complete control over the draft, trades, and final roster..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wow, you have devolved into Rusty True. I thought I never see it. Take a comment out of context and use it to troll. Seriously True, you need to take a step back and see what you've become.

[/QUOTE]

I believe he was being sarcastic.  Note the "as 1 prominent poster says" and the "fool" being in quotes.  Those should have been giveaways to you.  Of course SDNWOTN  (Sarcasm Does Not Work On The Net).

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I believe he was being sarcastic.  Note the "as 1 prominent poster says" and the "fool" being in quotes.  Those should have been giveaways to you.  Of course SDNWOTN  (Sarcasm Does Not Work On The Net).

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That poster was me and it was in relation to a comment I made that I thought BB was foolish for not getting proper backups for known injury prone players. True and I have had this running debate about injury prone players where I feel certain players have a track record of being injured so I said it was foolish not to get them better quality backups compared to more durable players and True believes there is no such thing as players being injury prone and used my comment to say I feel BB is a fool period. Hence the out of context part. So, it wasn't sarcasm it was a direct dig.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That poster was me and it was in relation to a comment I made that I thought BB was foolish for not getting proper backups for known injury prone players. True and I have had this running debate about injury prone players where I feel certain players have a track record of being injured so I said it was foolish not to get them better quality backups compared to more durable players and True believes there is no such thing as players being injury prone and used my comment to say I feel BB is a fool period. Hence the out of context part. So, it wasn't sarcasm it was a direct dig.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a direct dig by using sarcasm.  It was not, however, as it seemed you thought, that he was agreeing that BB was a fool.  That was why I posted what I did.  (BTW, I have no idea what you meant by that Rusty comment.).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he did not.  John McVay was the gm and had complete control.  Walsh was never gm.  He had say, sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he did not.  John McVay was the gm and had complete control.  Walsh was never gm.  He had say, sure.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Queenie, tell us more about your knowledge of the inner workings of other football teams from the past power structure and who made what decisions.  And tell us how great teams of the past have acted in a purely autocratic manner, never allowing great football minds to collaborate on decisions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, Queenie, tell us more about your knowledge of the inner workings of other football teams from the past power structure and who made what decisions.  And tell us how great teams of the past have acted in a purely autocratic manner, never allowing great football minds to collaborate on decisions. 

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what RKrap did originally by saying Walsh had "total control", Princess?  LOL!  What a moron. You don't even know when you walk right into the wall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what RKrap did originally by saying Walsh had "total control", Princess?  LOL!  What a moron. You don't even know when you walk right into the wall.

[/QUOTE]

Pointing out that you are both arrogant and ignorant is "walking into a wall"?  Ok, sure.  

Aren't you the idiot that continually claims to know how BB goes about his decisions, what he means when he speaks and what he doesn't mean.? Yeah, you are. If I had to guess, I'd say that the pillow talk you fantasize about having with BB, where he shares all his secrets with you is becoming harder and harder to separate from the reality of your pathetic basement dwelling life.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Thanks again to BB for all of this. True Pats fans appreciate what is going on.  It's been a dream come true for those who suffered through a Jets-like embarrasssment in the 1980s and early 1990s.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks again to BB for all of this. True Pats fans appreciate what is going on.  It's been a dream come true for those who suffered through a Jets-like embarrasssment in the 1980s and early 1990s.

[/QUOTE]

80's & 90's?  How about the first 40 some years of existence?  And I do understand that you think the winning the AFC east = winning a superbowl.  The rest of the NFL doesn't agree.  It's been a decade, Queenie.  Get with the times.  It's not 2004.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

80's & 90's?  How about the first 40 some years of existence?  And I do understand that you think the winning the AFC east = winning a superbowl.  The rest of the NFL doesn't agree.  It's been a decade, Queenie.  Get with the times.  It's not 2004.

[/QUOTE]

You will never see a SB in your lifetime, Princess just like you will never get laid. How does that one feel?

Please share with the board what that reality means for you. LMAO

"Final Four"

bawhah

awbahaha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

I am quite sure Bill Walsh was doing the same prior to BBg

Bill was not a gm and he was not in the cap era.  Next.

[/QUOTE]

the Bellichick Method is the Parcells/Young Method.

go ahead start ur revisionism

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read this earlier. Not surprising at all, when you set up a program like this that sustains success for 10+ years people will copy. You only see consistent success in football like this in college with big programs

[/QUOTE]

Basically this. People can say whatever they want regarding not winning a Super Bowl since 2004, but the Pats are in contention every year...heck the only year they missed it was in 2008 at 11-5 and with Cassel at QB...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You will never see a SB in your lifetime, Princess just like you will never get laid. How does that one feel?

Please share with the board what that reality means for you. LMAO

"Final Four"

bawhah

awbahaha

[/QUOTE]

Another prediction, Queenie?  How many superbowl wins did you predict for BB in the last decade?  How many wins did you predict for the Jets last year? A max of 4 + "will not win a game after the bye week"?  Ok, Nostadumbass, you've got quite the track record.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Thanks again to BB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Different era.  No FA.  The approach would had been different.

Sections
Shortcuts