Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Because the Patriots have not made the Super Bowl in the last 6 years, BB is crazy and irrational...One of the stupidest comments you have ever made and you have made many. Love to here you commentson which GM's are not "crazy" and "irrational"! Maybe it is time for you to jump off the "bandwagon" if BB drives you "crazy" and makes you this angry!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

A little punch drunk there Rocky? Show me where I said BB is crazy and irrational? Is english a second language or something? You people are stark raving mad, LMAO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]bab(e) contradicts himself at every turn....   and karp...BB hasnt done anything different this year than in the past... he brings in fa's that will fit in supplementing the draft and trades and udfa's... as well as waiver wire pick ups   this sh*t is tiring....   but I have noticed alot of long time socalled "fans" starting to question every move... i guess they will just change their avatars later in the year...per usual
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

I'm not coming to the defense of Babe, but he does have some valid points. Where is it written that to be a true fan we cannot question any moves BB makes or his record since 2007?
    I think Babe is like the rest of us...just wants to see this organization win in the post season, and knows our best opportunity to do so is while TB and BB are still here. You can't conjur up that kind of magic everyday, so when we talk windows, it's true.
    BB has done a magnificent job making our team competitive for over a decade. Every year we have a shot at making the big  one. I don't think there are many teams that can say that. For that I cheer him.
    BB builds his team like no other and he does it in many ways as you point out.
    I'm trying to pinpoint when the wheels fell off the bus and why. I thiink it was the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts. No way egghead should have been able to rally his team back by that much and beat us. So why did he? What changed in 2006 and what has plagued us since.

To me, there are 2 key reasons why we lost that game;
    1. We waited too long to address the defense by adding youth. A lot of guys got old fast, and we just couldn't keep up with egghead in the dome. A shift in defensive philosophy like we have seen this year would have paid dividends in 06'...applying more pressure to egghead.
    2. We let Branch walk. We entered that AFCC game without a good receiver. I think we had bugeyes Caldwell and Gaffney, and that aint' getting it done. Branch should have been retained at all costs. I think when QB has to reacclimate himself everyyear with new WR's, it's difficult at best...even for the great one. Continuity at the WR position is something that has killed us from time to time.

ANyhow, BB has done a lot more good than anything else and I am grateful as all. Just want to see this team capitalize and take advantage of TB here and get back to our postseason winning ways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : A little punch drunk there Rocky? Show me where I said BB is crazy and irrational? Is english a second language or something? You people are stark raving mad, LMAO.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Home you get over your anger issues....Show your comments to your Therapist...I am sure it will make their job much easier in your DSMV

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Home you get over your anger issues....Show your comments to your Therapist...I am sure it will make their job much easier in your DSMV
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

What comments should I show a therapist? The ones where you said I called BB crazy and irrational when I didn't do anything of the sort?

You people are too much. I say BB is an average GM and now you say I need to see a therapist because of that. YOU need the therapist you bunch of wang dang doodles!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : What comments should I show a therapist? The ones where you said I called BB crazy and irrational when I didn't do anything of the sort? You people are too much. I say BB is an average GM and now you say I need to see a therapist because of that. YOU need the therapist you bunch of wang dang doodles!

Most of your comments in every thread.......Passive Aggressive behavior....I am sure  he/she can offer different coping skills.  The anger and narcissitic behavior must be overwhelming for those around you on a day to day basis!  Please get help!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : I'm not coming to the defense of Babe, but he does have some valid points. Where is it written that to be a true fan we cannot question any moves BB makes or his record since 2007? I think Babe is like the rest of us...just wants to see this organization win in the post season, and knows our best opportunity to do so is while TB and BB are still here. You can't conjur up that kind of magic everyday, so when we talk windows, it's true. BB has done a magnificent job making our team competitive for over a decade. Every year we have a shot at making the big  one. I don't think there are many teams that can say that. For that I cheer him. BB builds his team like no other and he does it in many ways as you point out. I'm trying to pinpoint when the wheels fell off the bus and why. I thiink it was the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts. No way egghead should have been able to rally his team back by that much and beat us. So why did he? What changed in 2006 and what has plagued us since. To me, there are 2 key reasons why we lost that game; 1. We waited too long to address the defense by adding youth. A lot of guys got old fast, and we just couldn't keep up with egghead in the dome. A shift in defensive philosophy like we have seen this year would have paid dividends in 06'...applying more pressure to egghead. 2. We let Branch walk. We entered that AFCC game without a good receiver. I think we had bugeyes Caldwell and Gaffney, and that aint' getting it done. Branch should have been retained at all costs. I think when QB has to reacclimate himself everyyear with new WR's, it's difficult at best...even for the great one. Continuity at the WR position is something that has killed us from time to time. ANyhow, BB has done a lot more good than anything else and I am grateful as all. Just want to see this team capitalize and take advantage of TB here and get back to our postseason winning ways.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Do not dare to come to my defense or they will be telling you to get a therapist too.

I say BB is an average GM and has been scrambling to put a decent D on the field yet listening to these fans you would think I said he was involved in a Satanic cult involved in human sacrifice.

(Now watch, somebody will say I accused BB of human sacrifice.)

You make very good points and I agree with them.  I appreciate the good BB has done but I think he needs to get some help in acquiring talent for the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Most of your comments in every thread.......Passive Aggressive behavior....I am sure  he/she can offer different coping skills.  The anger and narcissitic behavior must be overwhelming for those around you on a day to day basis!  Please get help!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rocky. I only take advice from persons who can read.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]I have Babe P on my ignore list because he's an anti-BB troll. The trollishness is not because he doesn't like BB but because he is here to grind an axe relentlessly and get a reaction. It's too bad because he does have quite a bit of football acumen if he was willing to take a more nuanced approach. In this regard he is very similar to "Softy" on the Sox boards though Softy has about a half dozen targets rather than just one. They are similar in that anyone who disagrees with them has less intellectual integrity than them and is likely a "Kool Aid drinker" or some other demeaning insult. Therefore they are impossible to argue intelligently with, thus the ignore list.  In Babe P's case the irony is that he is a Kool Aid drinker of a different variety - the Tom Brady Koolaid. Whereas more objective viewers realize they both have tremendous resumes and also some flaws.  It's understandable to support a franchise that has done so much winning, why that amounts to KoolAid drinking is anyone's guess. I resent that crud because I form my own opinions. In my case to offer one criticism of each I think BB really made some poor decisions around Spygate that shamed and hurt the franchise. In recent years Tom Brady has not stepped up as much as he needs to in the playoffs and has shown a baffling lack of intensity and take charge leadership from the sidelines during those losses. It doesn't change the hall of fame credentials of either one, but to get to the true Mount Rushmores both are seeking and deserve they need at least one more ring and preferably two.  It's possible to admire and to criticize, and it's possible to think for yourself on this board without being put down as a KoolAid drinker.  But if you're going to call someone that you have to suck it up and face the same scrutiny. One big warning you are dealing with a troll on this board: when they put down certain people with dehumanizing name calling (re: Hoodie, etc). This is a form of childish trollish emotionalism that prevents a mature back and forth football discussion. But as we know, this type of troll is not interested in that type of discussion, they are here for other reasons.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

BTS, interesting post.  I have also noticed the parallel between Babe P and Softy (on the Red Sox board) and at one point, wondered if they were the same person (I'm sure they are are not).  Both are knowledgeable, intelligent posters, who marginalize their message because of their trolling approach and their attacks (name calling, emotional responses, etc.) on anyone who takes an opposing view.  The sad part is they often make strong points and generate what could be interesting discussions, but I think in each case their behavior, and the fact that the board has tired of them and instantly responds negatively, makes meaningful discussion impossible at this point.                

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : BTS, interesting post.  I have also noticed the parallel between Babe P and Softy (on the Red Sox board) and at one point, wondered if they were the same person (I'm sure they are are not).  Both are knowledgeable, intelligent posters, who marginalize their message because of their trolling approach and their attacks (name calling, emotional responses, etc.) on anyone who takes an opposing view.  The sad part is they often make strong points and generate what could be interesting discussions, but I think in each case their behavior, and the fact that the board has tired of them and instantly responds negatively, makes meaningful discussion impossible at this point.                
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

This just isn't so DC. I don't call people names until they attack me personally. I may characterize them as a kool-aide drinker but that is just a label for somebody who ignores the facts to propel a delusional agenda. It's a common term used to describe such blind faith and is not necessarily derogatory.

As far as a meaningful discussion about the merits of BB - that is never going to happen here whatever the approach. The fact is most of the people who do have criticisms of BB are afraid to voice them lest they be beset by the crazed mob.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Alright tiger. I'm way way out there saying BB is an average GM.  It is easy to see why most people hate Pat's fans.

Here's my challenge to such folly: "Prove your point! Do your homework and show me a list of teams that have drafted MUCH BETTER than the Pats over, say, the past half-decade." Oh, and after you have finished preparing that list...show me the WON-LOSS records of those teams versus the Pats'. I await the results of your research with baited breath.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Right, it's CRAZY, IRRATIONAL, INSANE, DEMENTED, BONKERS and NUTS to say a guy who hasn't won a SB in 6 years and has had a no show and two one and outs in the last 3 is an average GM. Wipe the foam from your mouth.

An udefeated season followed by a heartbreaking loss.

Followed by 11-5 with a backup QB.

Followed by 10-6 and a loss in the 1st round.

Followed by 14-2 (best record in NFL) and a loss in the 1st round.

So... What coach has been better in that time frame?  How many NFL teams have been clearly superior in this time frame?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Look how he frames his premise with drama as if BB is middle of the road GM or Matt Millen, though. He acts like this is torture and NE is a laughingstock organization, which could not be further from the truth. The reason why is points are weak is because he does whatr every troll does and that is completely ignore contexts in order to spin an agenda. When confronted with data, contexts and facts, they ignore those, pretending spin trumps facts and contexts. If you listen to Felger and  listened to him yesterday, he did the same thing. he does it for ratings, trolls do it for attention because they have personal issues in real life.  That';s another story. A caller called up and referenced Seymour's 14 million and how that would never help this team right now, and they cut him off, mocking the idea you have to weigh finances. Felger started saying it's impossible to go into cap hell, etc.   What?  How can Felger be a guy who hosts a show and pretends the cap doesn't matter?  70% of the NFL is dying to make the playoffs in successive years specifically because of this issue/problem. You overpay players who don't produce or pay the wrong position in the formula and you ain't winning a SB.  YOu make 2 big mistakes or keep repeating those mistakes and you join the Al Davis/Snyder/Mike Brown/Jerry Jones group. 8-8 for the Jets and 11-5 doesn't impress me.  Sorry, Felger. That doesn't mean you built a base for your team correctly.    FAIL Dopes like him who think they did their homework, but didn't, leave out contexts to protect their weak premise. It's so true.  All trolls do that.  And when you say Branch should have been retaind "at all costs", I disagree. I think that is where you miss the point. Once the player dictates, you set a precedent or overpay, it gives agents and players leverage, and that's it. You lose focus within the formula and the team isn't built as well. Blame Branch for being greedy and not honoringn his deal as well as not realizing his SB MVP is BEACUASE of the team BB built and some guy named Tom Brady. He ain't Jerry Rice. $100 Branch regrets how he handled that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I want some of this action if someone can prove it.  Why woud he regret it?  He got his money upfront as well as nice base salary for 4 years and still got to come back and be a Patriot and didnt miss any championships while he was gone and is primed to win another this year.  It worked out perfect for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]bab(e) contradicts himself at every turn....   and karp...BB hasnt done anything different this year than in the past... he brings in fa's that will fit in supplementing the draft and trades and udfa's... as well as waiver wire pick ups   this sh*t is tiring....   but I have noticed alot of long time socalled "fans" starting to question every move... i guess they will just change their avatars later in the year...per usual
    I am not questioning every move. I am agreeing with what BB is doing and has done. I am also begrudingly acknowledging that there are other ways to win. Unfortunately the past 2 years, the Jets have been showing us how. I cannot sit here and denigrate the Jets when they have extended their season longer than the Pats the past 2 years. While Russ continues to throw find fault in the way the Jets have put together a team, and Russ seems certain that the wheels will fall off this year, I disagree. While I feel the Pats are the better team, come playoffs, it does not mean much.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : What a crock. You're trying to tell us that BB has every year brought in three starters from other teams for the D, changed the entire defensive concept and sent a two time pro-bowl defender packing during his rookie contract. Pure BS.

you are a tool  there are 16 new players on the team this year...these 6 veterans below came from other teams and I only see 1 that was a starter...
    two were trades and the other FA'S along with idehbo
    the rest are either drafted by us... or first or second year players cut by someone else and claimed with the exception ihedbo   6 veterans tool... to augment a serious youth movement through drafting...   karp take note

WR Chad Ochocinco
    DL Albert Haynesworth
    DE Andre Carter
    DE Shaun Ellis
    DE Mark Anderson
    OL WATERS

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jets havent won anything... dont 16 teams get to the dance??.... only 2 get to the super bowl only one wins.. they havent even been there in this era...
    and getting close means nothing... except i guess to you

sorry the playoffs are a tournament... luck plays a role in it as much as talent.... you could have the most talented team and be unlucky or an average team and be lucky...

look at the packers...good team LUCKY to even make the TOURNAMENT...
    but when they got in they got on a role and the rest is history....

your spouting the jets...ok... lets see what they do... i think their oline...is going to be a major weakness... I dont see anything they did to make that better...where maybe ours hasnt been as good as needed...but I def. think BB made moves to address that for the future and the present...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]the jets havent won anything... dont 16 teams get to the dance??.... only 2 get to the super bowl only one wins.. they havent even been there in this era... and getting close means nothing... except i guess to you sorry the playoffs are a tournament... luck plays a role in it as much as talent.... you could have the most talented team and be unlucky or an average team and be lucky... look at the packers...good team LUCKY to even make the TOURNAMENT... but when they got in they got on a role and the rest is history.... your spouting the jets...ok... lets see what they do... i think their oline...is going to be a major weakness... I dont see anything they did to make that better...where maybe ours hasnt been as good as needed...but I def. think BB made moves to address that for the future and the present...
    I didn't say that the Jets have won anything. I didnt say getting close means anything. I said that the past 2 years the Jets have extended their season longer than the Pats have. Based on that fact, I am saying tghere are other ways to win a SB than what the Pats are doing.
    Tell me, why is it a good thing that the Pats win 14 games but not the SB, yet the Jets go to the championship game and it is NOT a good thing?
    I am not concerned with "positioned coming out of the strike"....or "rebuilding". Every year is a new year and anything can happen. Winning the SB is the goal, not winning 11 or 14 games.
    I have also said I prefer the way the Pats are trying to win the SB. I 100% think BB's way is the best way to proceed. That being said, there are other ways to win the SB, and I simply acknowledge that fact.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Rkarps point is you do a lot of smack talking to Jets trolls, and entertain everything they throw at you and you wonder why theys tay here is because the last 2 years they have gone futher than us...what good is winning the division if you are one and done?

I sit here and watch you clown every jets move in the offseason and update the board w/ everything negative about the jets from off field issues to little ankle sprains w/ wishful thinkng that the Jets will fall apart this year.  I see a Jets team that has a young improving Qb and a tandem at CB thats dang good and a great d coordinator as a coach that is gunning for our team and a pickup in Plax that will pay didivends, and you are wishing Plax falls on his face, but looked pretty good in game 3.

Sooo, I think this is why you get the Homoer tag a lot.

I used to hate Peyton Manning, but I'd be a fool to say he  su cks just because I dont like him.  He is the Sherrif, as Gruden would say.

Just call it like it is, and stop making the Pats the be only team that knows how to win and you would get more support.  Making a poll on a guy that everybody argues with anyway is sort of tooting your own horn..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]This poll might as well be; Yes = I don't guzzle the Hoodie kool-aide. No = I'm a Hoodie Zombie. No, he's absolutely crazy and irrational = I have 2 brain cells and no facts to add so I'll call people smarter than me a troll.

As you know Babe, you and I haven't always agreed on Patriot matters. But, let me say that I admire your patience in dealing with the likes of the self proclaimed "Rational Pats' Fan", Rusty, a/k/a The Burger King...or whoever the hell he intends himself to be.

I for one have grown tired of his rude, childish posts.  

Sections
Shortcuts