Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans

Well . . .   I'm certainly not going to waste my time reading five pages of a thread dedicated to a whiny, narrow-minded troll, but the minute you point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 10 years we can at least agree that there's a discussion to be had.

Until then . . .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]Let's end this thread once and for all: Is Babe correct in saying that BB hasn't done a good job rebuilding this team and is scrambling around last minute?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Come on King. That's a rhetorical question, but I do agree with points from both sides of the aisle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Great photos, startrightnow and Russ...LOL!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]given that rebuilding usually doesn't equal winning the division and getting to the playoffs, I would have to say BB did a MASTERFUL job of it.  Argue about the mechanics of it all you want, but the fact is, we are at the top of the league year in and year out.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Never responded to your question from some time back. I acquired my degree at 'red stick'. Fluent in parisian french makes this easy for me. Geaux Tigres. Assistant coached on a high school team that has gone nearly 40 years with 10+ wins. I completely comprehend your passion as a Pats' fan, so would I. And coming from such a distinguished program, I feel your passion. I may be a Giants' supporter, but I do appreciate great football and that the Patriots are. I'm generally a lover of the NFL and dislike no team. I just want to see hard nose clean play and give kudos to the winning teams. I'm just here from abroad trying to be rational and converse in football parlance. Good luck to N.E. this year, my Gents are going to need plenty with this decimation of players, which is part of the game. No excuses here. BB says 'it is what it is', and he's had and seen his share of outstanding talent go to the IR. Cajun or Creole? Peace!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans:
    [QUOTE]Let's end this thread once and for all: Is Babe correct in saying that BB hasn't done a good job rebuilding this team and is scrambling around last minute?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    You are right in the fact that BB presses the matter of putting talented players in a position to succeed, not restricting them within the scheme. Merri went beyond the Patriot Way parameters and in so gets jettisoned. Don't mess with Bill. I liked that song. Make sense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : An udefeated season followed by a heartbreaking loss. Followed by 11-5 with a backup QB. Followed by 10-6 and a loss in the 1st round. Followed by 14-2 (best record in NFL) and a loss in the 1st round. So... What coach has been better in that time frame?  How many NFL teams have been clearly superior in this time frame?
    Posted by mar10[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, the Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers? Or would you rather have regular season wins than a Lombardi Trophy over that time?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I still have yet to see ANYONE come up with a team/coach that has been a better organization than the Pats in the last DECADE??? Why is it that nobody can come up with that info? We continue to win year after year...so I don't care where the players come from. If believing in my team after this incredible run which seems to be better than ANY OTHER TEAM in the last decade makes me a Kool-aid drinker....pass the pitcher my way cuz I'm thirsty!!
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

Why is it always the last "decade"? What will it be next year, "the last 11 years"?

How about the last 6 years? Let's try that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : you are a tool  there are 16 new players on the team this year...these 6 veterans below came from other teams and I only see 1 that was a starter... two were trades and the other FA'S along with idehbo the rest are either drafted by us... or first or second year players cut by someone else and claimed with the exception ihedbo   6 veterans tool... to augment a serious youth movement through drafting...   karp take note WR Chad Ochocinco DL Albert Haynesworth DE Andre Carter DE Shaun Ellis DE Mark Anderson OL WATERS
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

I'm sure over there in da da land when you replace 30% of your roster, cut two 1st round picks and acquire 3 DLs, your rebuilding plan was complete and you just did a last minute "tweak". If being a non-tool is being you I'll stay a tool thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans :      As you know Babe, you and I haven't always agreed on Patriot matters. But, let me say that I admire your patience in dealing with the likes of the self proclaimed "Rational Pats' Fan", Rusty, a/k/a The Burger King...or whoever the hell he intends himself to be.        I for one have grown tired of his rude, childish posts.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the kind words TP. I like Rusty and appreciate that he is a good Pat's fan. Let him hammer away at me all he likes but it won't change the fact that we have a  GM who isn't getting the job done. Nobody here wants him to get the job done more than me. I have said I like the moves he has made as of late to try to get the D up to snuff. Heaven knows the plethora of high draft pick busts he has accumulated weren't going to do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Am I happy about the last two years playoffs going one & done? Of course not!! Will I go to my grave with a slight pain down deep about 2007? With out a doubt!! My point is that a handful of posters here seem to come off almost like Felger....meaning all they see is the "doom & gloom". Sure we haven't had a title in a few years, and I want to see it happen again while we still have Brady. But these last few years have been far from complete failures. We all wanted better results in the post season. I understand people concerns over issues & needs each year, but there is a way to voice concern and then there is the "sky is falling" rants that make Felger look positive. I trust Bill....I trust Brady....I trust this team to have a legit shot each year to go to the big dance.....if that makes me a Koolaid drinker...I'm good with that.
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

It's all good then. You can watch the team make the playoffs and exit again, maybe after one, again. Then next year you can say, "who is better than BB in the last 11 years?". Then in 3-5 years after Brady is gone and Bledsoe, err I mean Mallet is the QB you can talk about how we were one of the best over the last 15 years.

Honestly, I am glad you can be happy with that. I'm just not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Nail on the head. Facts; 1. NE is the team of the past decade 2. NE always puts a competitive product on the field, always challenging to make the playoffs and get to the big dance. 3. BB is a master of managing his team, roster, FA, etc. based on the salary cap. 4. Pats have not won a playoff game since the loss to the Jints in the SB. Questions; 1. How do we define success? Winning record, winning the division, winning a playoff game, winning the SB?....Any takers? because to me this is the big question and 1 point of contention. I don't think those of us who criticize do so with belief that we should be winning the SB every year. that is downright crazy. However, what good is a 14-2 record if you can't win a playoff game?

RESPONSE: Brady, BB, and the success of this great franchise has raised the bar for what is considered to be a successful season...to the point where success is defined by winning championships.   

2. Why haven't the Pats won a playoff game since 2007/08 season? And a SB since 2005?

RESPONSE: The team got old...especially of the defensive side of the ball. In the 2006 season, but for biased officiating calculated to gift-wrap a championship for the Manning led Colts, the Pats would have won the SB that year. In 2007, the Pats' magical season was derailed in the SB by distracting media hacks (spygate), a good, determined NY Giants team, and some divine intervention.
         But, why the Pats haven't won a playoff game since 2008 is more complicated. The 2008 season was ruined when Brady went down with his knee injury...in 2009, the Pats were beaten at home by a better Ravens' team...and in 2010, the twin flaws on the team, their lack of a pass-rush and poor pass defense, were laid bare by the Jets.
         Other reasons are that Tom Brady appeared to lose some of his swagger after that gut-wrenching SB loss, and continued to lose confidence in the subsequent loss to the Ravens.
         The blueprint for beating the Pats is to apply pressure to Brady, up the middle of the Pats' OL.   This plan was executed successfully by the Giants, Ravens, and Jets.
         Finally, poor drafts from 2006-09 have really hurt this team. Though it hasn't prevented success in the regular season, it has contributed to the Pats' failures against the better teams in the play-offs.    

3. Have we solved the problem(s) via the 2010, 2011 drafts and FA to make us successful in the postseason?

RESPONSE: The successful 2010 draft certainly put the Pats back on the SB contending track. Don't know enough about the 2011 class to judge. I'm of the opinion that Albert Haynesworth will be a great addition to the defense. But...can you imagine how much better the Pats "D" could be if Clay Matthews was a Patriot?     

Have we done enough to to expect a different outcome this year?

RESPONSE: This remains to be seen. The OL is a concern. Job one is keeping defenders off Tom Brady. The Pats also have serious question marks in their secondary, and at WR. But, as long as BB and Brady are dealing, the Pats will be a playoff team. 

Very good and sober responses TP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : It's all good then. You can watch the team make the playoffs and exit again, maybe after one, again. Then next year you can say, "who is better than BB in the last 11 years?". Then in 3-5 years after Brady is gone and Bledsoe, err I mean Mallet is the QB you can talk about how we were one of the best over the last 15 years. Honestly, I am glad you can be happy with that. I'm just not.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

This is what I was just saying in the communist post about the 07 draft.

Why would you be happy just making the playoffs after dominating the reg. season and having expectations to go far and get taken out by an inferior division rival?  Whats cool about that? It S UCks!!  Have to listen as Jets trolls prance around here. If We really do have the best QB and Coach in the league armed w/ mulitple picks each year, why would you thinks it ok just to compete?  We have squandered 2 very legit chances at a Lombardi in the last 5 years...Period

And yes its due to poor drafting in this time...something as simple as not having a good enough nickel back to stop the bleeding on a slot WR, all it takes sometimes is ONE MORE PLAY as in 06' when we had T.Brown trying to be a # 1 and counting on him in Indy or Watson or having H.Evans in your two minute offense as a back due to depth issues... One player miss can be the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Well . . .   I'm certainly not going to waste my time reading five pages of a thread dedicated to a whiny, narrow-minded troll, but the minute you point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 10 years we can at least agree that there's a discussion to be had. Until then . . .
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

In 2008 it was, "point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 7 years".

In 2009 it was, "point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 8 years".

In 2010 it was, "point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 9 years".

And now it;s, "point out the coach who has equalled his success over the last 10 years".

Guess what's coming next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Queenie is an embarassing homer with a massively over-inflated sense of his own "genius" but then Babe-who actually knows a thing or two-is soooo over the top with his anti-Bellichick agenda it borders on psychotic...gotta give Queenie this one in a split decision
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

And YOU are lost, again.  Go home, your mom is calling, she needs you to find something in her underwear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans :      Nobody is disputing that the Pats have been the Team of the Decade, from 2001-2010. The debate lies over whether they'll continue to have success in this new decade, 2011-2020...and why the Patriots haven't won a playoff game since 2008.       

Now it's the last "decade" TP. I used to say the same things, but just stopped somewhere after I realized I just kept upping the number; and recent history was rather lacking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Ahhh, the Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers? Or would you rather have regular season wins than a Lombardi Trophy over that time?

NO.  Bad math, and you know it.  Those teams only won it all ONCE in that period, exception the Steelers.  Fact is, we consistently fielded a team that competed.  You just mad we didn't win it all?  I thought you were a fan from long ago.  How many years did you have to put up with not winning it all?  I think you would be more appreciative.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : This is what I was just saying in the communist post about the 07 draft. Why would you be happy just making the playoffs after dominating the reg. season and having expectations to go far and get taken out by an inferior division rival?  Whats cool about that? It S UCks!!  Have to listen as Jets trolls prance around here. If We really do have the best QB and Coach in the league armed w/ mulitple picks each year, why would you thinks it ok just to compete?  We have squandered 2 very legit chances at a Lombardi in the last 5 years...Period And yes its due to poor drafting in this time...something as simple as not having a good enough nickel back to stop the bleeding on a slot WR, all it takes sometimes is ONE MORE PLAY as in 06' when we had T.Brown trying to be a # 1 and counting on him in Indy or Watson or having H.Evans in your two minute offense as a back due to depth issues... One player miss can be the difference.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Just a FEW less bad decisions and we would have SO much more to show for the last 6 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : I'm sure over there in da da land when you replace 30% of your roster, cut two 1st round picks and acquire 3 DLs, your rebuilding plan was complete and you just did a last minute "tweak". If being a non-tool is being you I'll stay a tool thanks.

Yeah, that about sums it up, I think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : NO.  Bad math, and you know it.  Those teams only won it all ONCE in that period, exception the Steelers.  Fact is, we consistently fielded a team that competed.  You just mad we didn't win it all?  I thought you were a fan from long ago.  How many years did you have to put up with not winning it all?  I think you would be more appreciative.  

Honestly, I don't get much satisfaction from winning the division. If we go 5-11 or 11-5 has little difference in impact for me. There are only 3 years since the 60s that have been really satisfying. But it's always fun to watch and root for the team, win or lose.

I understand other fans are thrilled to just be "competitive". I'm not. I measure success by SB wins. Period.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Yeah, that about sums it up, I think.

Look at yourself. Your biggest contribution here is personal attacks on people. Look at your signature. Your damned signature is even a personal attack on someone. That's lame and pathetic dood. You're like Rusty but half as smart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Why is it always the last "decade"? What will it be next year, "the last 11 years"? How about the last 6 years? Let's try that.

Seems that you're a bit of a front-runner, Babe. But for some extreme home-town officiating, and some devine intervention in the final two minutes of SB 42, the Pats would have won two more championships...making it 5 in seven years...and you'd have nothing to say.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

You know, if the refs don't rob them blind at Indy in 2006 (or if Harrison, Seau, and other key defenders are healthy for that game). Or if, in 2007, Samuel catches the interception that Eli threw almost right to him; or if Thomas manages to bring down Eli instead of letting him get away; or if Harrison rips the ball out of Tyree's hands for an INT; or if the refs call the offensive holding (facemask) against the Giants when Seymour was being restrained from tackling Eli, then we're not holding any of these "BB doesn't know what he's doing" discussions that are so common on this board, because they'd have 5 Lombardi's, and everyone would have been OK with them taking a year or two to step back and rebuild in 2008-2009. People would even be OK with their post-season "growing pains" after a 14-2 season in 2010.

Good fortune plays a big role in the NFL these days when it comes to the difference between winning a Super Bowl and not winning one. It just does.

The talent gap between the upper echelon teams is very small nowadays, and good fortune, be it with health, officiating, or lucky bounces, plays a role.

The Steelers' two titles this past decade have been quite fortunate: in 2005 they had perhaps the worst officiated Super Bowl in history go completely in their favor, and in 2008 they faced 8-8 and 9-7 teams as part of their post-season run (and they barely survived the 9-7 team because Kurt Warner threw a boneheaded pass at the end of the first half, and then half the Arizona team somehow failed to tackle James Harrison before he ran 100+ yards to the end zone as the first half clock ran out).

The Packers would have missed the playoffs entirely in 2010 if Tampa Bay had just managed to beat Detroit, at home in Tampa, late last season. But they lost, and GB got in on a tiebreaker.

The Saints were outplayed by the Vikings in the 2009 NFC title game, but Minnesota's offense shot itself in the foot all game long, culminating with Favre's moronic cross-body INT at the end of regulation that prevented Minnie from even attempting the GW field goal. Minnesota's mistakes were the ONLY reasons why the Saints even got to OT that day, and yet two weeks later they were holding the Lombardi Trophy, and now no one remembers how much the Vikings completely handed over that NFC title game to N.O.

The Pats had the good fortune in the first half of the last decade; in the last six years, they haven't.

Maybe it's time for things to swing back in their favor now, eh?

They certainly appear to have the talent to get it done this season. No question.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Here's my challenge to such folly: " Prove your point! Do your homework and show me a list of teams that have drafted MUCH BETTER than the Pats over, say, the past half-decade ." Oh, and after you have finished preparing that list ... show me the WON-LOSS records of those teams versus the Pats' . I await the results of your research with baited breath.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Here's my research.

XLV
    Green Bay Packers Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 Dallas, TX
    XLIV
    New Orleans Saints Indiana Colts
    31-17

Miami, FL

XLIII
    Pittsburgh Steelers Arizona Cardinals
    27-23

Tampa, FL

XLII
    New York Giants New England Patriots
    17-14

Glendale, AZ

XLI
    Indianapolis Colts Chicago Bears
    29-17

Miami, FL

XL
    Pittsburgh Steelers Seattle Seahawks
    21-10

Detroit, MI

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Babe Parilli vs Rational Pats Fans : Look at yourself. Your biggest contribution here is personal attacks on people. Look at your signature. Your damned signature is even a personal attack on someone. That's lame and pathetic dood. You're like Rusty but half as smart.

LOL I must have hurt your little feeling.  Your entire post history here is a personal attack on BB.  So, pot, meet kettle, then.  Please note my personal attack consisted of quoting YOU.  When people can attack you by cutting and pasting your own statements, you have an issue.

IF you truly measured success by SB wins, you would WORSHIP BB because he is the only coach that got the Patriots ANY.  So what you mean is that is all that matters to you, and you are a whiny complainging brat when you don't get a trophy EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  

Oh, and I talk about football too.  Often.  And sometimes I personally attack people.  Usually only if they are tools.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

This is getting nuts its fun talking about football  and stuff ,but this is overboard when does a fan think they know more then pro coaches!Its crazy to analyze every little thing teams do!!Cant they play the games and dicuss it after not whos going to trade this person sucks ,we need this person blah blah!If you knew so much you would be coaching in the NFL,but it sounds like some kid who sucks at sports and in compensating here for sucking or not making it big.

this is not directed at anyone just in genral!!!

Sections
Shortcuts