Back to Crable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Back to Crable?

I guess when you are down to peanuts anything is worth a shot even if it will be one play and then out for the season.  How much can this guy really help?

Tallent alone doesn't get you sacks, kind of have to be on the field.  If he plays to potential he's an upgrade over Tully and Nink but does anyone expect him to stay healthy or get back to Michigan form days?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/crable_to_be_ac.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Back to Crable?

In Response to Back to Crable?:
    [QUOTE]I guess when you are down to peanuts anything is worth a shot even if it will be one play and then out for the season.  How much can this guy really help? Tallent alone doesn't get you sacks, kind of have to be on the field.  If he plays to potential he's an upgrade over Tully and Nink but does anyone expect him to stay healthy or get back to Michigan form days? http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/09/crable_to_be_ac.html
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I don't even remember what his injuries were?  Something to do with his shins?  If the injuries weren't chronic, then why can't he get his mojo back?  He hasn't done anything at the NFL level though, so even assuming decent health, we don't know if his game translates yet.  He's on the roster presumably because they think he can help, so we will probably find out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know.  I would say there's a big difference between just making the roster and being an impact player.  I'd love to see him do something but my expectations are low.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I do know that when he came in on his 1 or 2 plays he was a physical presence on the end of our line. He looked like he was 6'8 compared to the rest of our midget pass rushers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'd be happy if he became a very good situational rusher, I don't think as pf76 says with his lower body he can take the abuse of setting the edge.  He has a tone of speed so put him in some stunts ect to get to the QB.

Problem with that is that until the DEs command a double team Crable will find it tough to get a running lane.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mike Reiss did a Play by Play breakdown of every snap crable was on the field for and what his contribution was to the play.

He was in for 9 snaps.

Here's his take.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BitBenClot. Show BitBenClot's posts

Crabo gonna show hes wirth the waite. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd love to see Crable actually get a sack but then again so would most Pats fans I would guess.  Really like to see what happens when all of these guys get accustomed to playing together.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hey, leave TBC alone.  I don't think any of us were excited about him coming back to the team but he has surpassed all expectations and is playing pretty decent.

As for Crable, I'll be happy if he can simply be an adequate backup.  Cunningham is starting to come on.  Cunningham and TBC won't be bad...assuming Cunningham continue to make progress each week as he has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

TBC is a below average OLB and can be blocked effectively by a single OL or even a single TE.  I don't know why opposing offenses don't run right at him on every play, like the Ravens did in last year's debacle.

If Cunningham or Crable or even Woodhead has a chance of doing a better job I'd like to see them get a chance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

2010 Defensive player of the year- Shawn Crable

No, but it sounded from Reiss' breakdown like he did OK considering it was his first 9 snaps ever in an NFL game.  He won some matchups he lost some.  I know Brace looked like poopoo his first game, but he's looked pretty good lately. 

I still think it's a long shot especially for this season.  If he plays well he probably gets in on the nickel package or something but for now he's a backup, probably because he's been outplayed in practice by TBC, Cunningham, and Ninkovich.  If he's not outplaying them in practice there's not much reason for BB to throw him into a full time role in a game.  We'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to add I've read some analysis on the 2008 draft and how weak it was, not just for the Pats but for everybody with there being a low number of people even first rounders doing anything in the NFL (I think the Colts Ugoh was in that draft also, packing groceries or something now).  Another reason why I'm skeptical of a 3rd rounder from that group.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

He's also the skinniest of the OLB based on weight. Maybe there was a reason he was red-shirted for two years and cut in training camp? Did anyone forget that happened? The guy played 9 plays. He was IR'd for bruised shins! I don't think they IR an all-pro potential guy for a small injury like that (see Nick kaczur this year, and Kaczur stinks).

I'd rather have a smurf that can get to the QB (like Brandon Graham or Jerome Harrison) than a guy who has sticks for legs (and can't handle the grind of even practicing in Crable's case). Let me know when Crable actually hits a QB then maybe I'll get hysterical like the rest of the pack here. 

In Response to Re: Back to Crable?:
    [QUOTE]I do know that when he came in on his 1 or 2 plays he was a physical presence on the end of our line. He looked like he was 6'8 compared to the rest of our midget pass rushers.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't expect much from Crable until week 8-10. He's basically a wise rookie. He knows the playbook, but he's not facing college tackles our there. He's facing men and he is two years removed from football.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I hope Crable turns into a great OLB. We don't know what this guy can do when healthy. Everybody was high on him in the preseason of his rookie year. He certainly has the intangibles that Belichick looks for at that position, height, speed, and he has supposedly added a few pounds of muscle since he's been here. BB must see something in him to give him all the opportunities that he has. I know the guy has been injured but lets give him a chance.
    Also I would like to see Dane Fletcher get a chance to see what he can do. It can't hurt with this defense. He was extremely productive in college, kind of like Danny Woodhead on defense.