Back to the o-line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Back to the o-line

Vollmer pre injury, had his worse game. Wendell cleanly beaten on 5 plays. Nice running lanes, but Brady sacked 5 times and hit 7 times. 

Mankins solid. Solder ok, beat cleanly 2 times, bull rushed backwards 2 times. Connolly solid.

Awoe info on the injuries to Mankins and Vollmer? Hearing Vollmer is a sprain, 3-4 weeks? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Back to the o-line

5 times? Either I have been really nonobservant or it was 3 times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Brady's pocket awareness seemed off today, as he moved towards the side of pressure at least twice. Usually, he's pretty awesome at stepping or ducking the right way

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I had Miller with 2, Elvis with 1, Wolfe with 1 and Wwodyard with 1

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty=undelightful moron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

They almost got Brady killed a few too many times today

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Vollmer pre injury, had his worse game. Wendell cleanly beaten on 5 plays. Nice running lanes, but Brady sacked 5 times and hit 7 times. 

Mankins solid. Solder ok, beat cleanly 2 times, bull rushed backwards 2 times. Connolly solid.

Awoe info on the injuries to Mankins and Vollmer? Hearing Vollmer is a sprain, 3-4 weeks? 

In fairness to Vollmer, he was up against one of THE best pure pass rushers in the game today.  Miller was a beast, the only Denver defender to show up.

Wendell really had a cover your eyes awful game.  I like him, hope it was just an aberration.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

On the other hand, back-to-back rushing games of more than 250 yards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

In fairness to Vollmer, he was up against one of THE best pure pass rushers in the game today.  Miller was a beast, the only Denver defender to show up.

Wendell really had a cover your eyes awful game.  I like him, hope it was just an aberration.

Don't say that or Rusty will think you are a moron. 

Miller dominated. Tough game for Vollmer. Wendell should be a backup. Surprisingly, I thought Koppen had a better game than Wendell did.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

What did Vollmer sprain?

fingernail

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Miller allows 250 yards off the edge on a D and he "dominated". Not to mention a myriad of 3rd down conversions and an all time record for a Pats offense for 1st downs.

Yes, VOn Miller "dominated".

Do you get paid to be a moron? I'd actually somewhat respect that if you did.

Dumervil and Miller, two of the league's best on the edge, did next to nothing and guess what? Our O Line didn't hold on every play like Denver's did?!

My god, are you a raging moron.

[/QUOTE Miller made some plays, but im willing to bet Fox wasnt very happy with a defense that got GASHED by the run and 10 yard passing routes to WW, Lloyd and Gronk! O ine 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yes, Miller allows 250 yards off the edge on a D and he "dominated". Not to mention a myriad of 3rd down conversions and an all time record for a Pats offense for 1st downs.

Dumervil and Miller, two of the league's best on the edge, did next to nothing and guess what? Our O Line didn't hold on every play like Denver's did?!

[/QUOTE Miller made some plays, but im willing to bet Fox wasnt very happy with a defense that got GASHED by the run and 10 yard passing routes to WW, Lloyd and Gronk! O ine 

First, on Miller. He had 8 tackles, 5 for loss. He had 2 sacks. He had 5 hits on Brady. He was past Vollmer at will. You can say that 250 yards were on Miller, but I would say he dominated.

i would also say that Fox thought his defense gave the Pats a short field 3 times, and were in a position in the 4 th quarter to make it a game. I would also say that Fox thinks this loss is on his offense with their turnovers. 

Regarding the o line. I actually draw the analogy of the o line to Ridley. Ridley rushed for 150 yards. But he fumbled at a crucial point in the game, and was put on the bench. The oline allowed the team to rush for 250 yards, but Vollmer had a very tough game, as did Wendell. Like the one play fumble, the 4-5 plays Wendell was beaten, and the over all rough day for Vollmer must be the focus if the o line is to continue to improve. I assume Vollmers day can be excused for going up against  very tough match up in Miller. One can assume that might be Vollmers worse day of the year. Wendell on the other hand has had 3 poor games now. Interesting to see how the C position unfolds as the season progresses.

i find it funny, that many on this board can't see flaws and errors past the 250 yards, and against playoff caliber teams, these flaws are huge.  The Pats are winning and that is the bottom line. But these issues need to be fixed to get to the ultimate goal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

First, on Miller. He had 8 tackles, 5 for loss. He had 2 sacks. He had 5 hits on Brady. He was past Vollmer at will. You can say that 250 yards were on Miller, but I would say he dominated.

i would also say that Fox thought his defense gave the Pats a short field 3 times, and were in a position in the 4 th quarter to make it a game. I would also say that Fox thinks this loss is on his offense with their turnovers. 

Regarding the o line. I actually draw the analogy of the o line to Ridley. Ridley rushed for 150 yards. But he fumbled at a crucial point in the game, and was put on the bench. The oline allowed the team to rush for 250 yards, but Vollmer had a very tough game, as did Wendell. Like the one play fumble, the 4-5 plays Wendell was beaten, and the over all rough day for Vollmer must be the focus if the o line is to continue to improve. I assume Vollmers day can be excused for going up against  very tough match up in Miller. One can assume that might be Vollmers worse day of the year. Wendell on the other hand has had 3 poor games now. Interesting to see how the C position unfolds as the season progresses.

i find it funny, that many on this board can't see flaws and errors past the 250 yards, and against playoff caliber teams, these flaws are huge.  The Pats are winning and that is the bottom line. But these issues need to be fixed to get to the ultimate goal.

great post, lots of o-line issues to discuss but I believe they are a work in progress. Miller is a stud def. player. fast strong and brings a great pass rush.  Run blocking was fine all night but worried about the size in the middle. I would love to see cannon work on playing guard along with mankins but with Vollmer we may need him to stay at tackle. Center might be a draft day decision.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

does anyone want to talk about on a couple of sacks that tom lost the time clock in his head and held the ball far too long?  There appeared to be at least two of the sacks where that happened

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

does anyone want to talk about on a couple of sacks that tom lost the time clock in his head and held the ball far too long?  There appeared to be at least two of the sacks where that happened

Yes, I'd also like to discuss how much Ridley sucks because on two plays he didn't get positive yardage.  I'd also like an explanation why Ninkovich was able to force fumbles on two plays, but he didn't do it on the other 64 plays?  Was he not trying on the other plays?  We should cut him for not trying.

I just want to remind everyone that every silver lining has a cloud.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

My point was that the OLine was not totally responsible for the sacks incurred; some was attributable to Tom. Overall, very happy with the W

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to provpats's comment:

My point was that the OLine was not totally responsible for the sacks incurred; some was attributable to Tom. Overall, very happy with the W

I agree with this. Sure they missed some blocks. You have to give credit to the Denver defense for making some good plays. We aren't going to dominate every single down. But when your offense runs for 250+, and you have a record number of 1st downs, I find it hard to complain much.

No doubt in my mind Brady didn't move as well as he could have to avoid pressure. This Oline is far from perfect, but they are doing a pretty good job the way I see it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Doing a VERY good job. I give credit to Fox for flipping Miller to the strong side, but as you can see, he's not a run stopped and NE just ran at Miller. I could care less  what Miller did in the interum, because as you can see, he refuses to tackle. It's like Clay Matthews. You run 50 times into a backfield and sure, a blind squirrel will get a nut once in a while.

That was their approach, nice try Fox, but in the end, it didn't do anything.

They were gassed as a defense by halftime. Their players said so after the game.  Success.

Before the game I said that Vollmer could handle Dumervil on his own. I was right, except they moved Dumervil mostly to the other side to get more Miller on Vollmer.  Nice job bby Denver, but again in the end, a few quick penetrations by Miller and some a couple garbage sacks from him meant jack squat.

RKarp makes it seem like Miller took over the game and NE lost. LOL

Over 200 yards rushing again from the RBs and numerous 3rd down conversions = O LINE SUCCESS

Get a clue, RKarp. Stick to tiddlywinks.

I agree Vollmer is a good player - now can you get over to the Benny week five thread so we can all make fun of you?! Come on it's Monday - we need some good old fashion Rusty bashing before the day gets going. Pleeeease???

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Doing a VERY good job. I give credit to Fox for flipping Miller to the strong side, but as you can see, he's not a run stopped and NE just ran at Miller. I could care less  what Miller did in the interum, because as you can see, he refuses to tackle. It's like Clay Matthews. You run 50 times into a backfield and sure, a blind squirrel will get a nut once in a while.

That was their approach, nice try Fox, but in the end, it didn't do anything.

They were gassed as a defense by halftime. Their players said so after the game.  Success.

Before the game I said that Vollmer could handle Dumervil on his own. I was right, except they moved Dumervil mostly to the other side to get more Miller on Vollmer.  Nice job bby Denver, but again in the end, a few quick penetrations by Miller and some a couple garbage sacks from him meant jack squat.

RKarp makes it seem like Miller took over the game and NE lost. LOL

Over 200 yards rushing again from the RBs and numerous 3rd down conversions = O LINE SUCCESS

Get a clue, RKarp. Stick to tiddlywinks.

Field Yates weighas in after reviewing game tape and disagrees with Rusty. What a surprise. Maybe Field likes tiddlywinks? Like I said, the oline allowed the rb's to gain 250 yards, in general playing well. But Vollmer struggled, and Wendell had his 3 rd game with a handful of clearly bad plays ( Wendell did have some nice plays as well, but he is making too many mistakes in general)

7. The Patriots had done well to neutralize Von Miller in each of their meetings with the Broncos in 2011, but he was a force on Sunday. Not only did Miller twice sack Brady, but he was a difference-maker against the run. That continued to show up throughout the film, and it's easy to understand why he's widely regarded as one of the top young defensive players in football. His performance isn't to say the Patriots offensive line was not good on the whole on Sunday, because it was roundly successful, but it pays credence to his talents. Miller's power and ability to disrupt at the point of attack really stood out. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts