Bad Calls During 2013 Super Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Bad Calls During 2013 Super Bowl

Throughout the past season, there was so much extra pass interferance by the players, the refs only called part of them.  SF was cheated out of a possible win.  A chimpanzee could have called the pass interferance on SF's last offensive play.  They should have been 1st and goal at the Raven one yard line near the end of the game.  In my mind, NFL football has lost a lot of its credibility.  Unless the game goes back to more honest playing and better reffing I probably won't watch too much next year.  "Letting them play" is back alley cheatball.  The game is becoming like WWF wrestling.  Maybe I will switch the channel to Amish Mafia.  Just as much credibility.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Bad Calls During 2013 Super Bowl

I am a Pat fan(all Boston teams) first as first 21 years in Maine but now live in SF.

First, I blame Harbaugh for the loss as if 49ers scored at the end, all the calls/non calls issues would have been moot ! First and 7 he calls a running play & gets 2. So has 3 downs to get 5 yards. It's 2 min 20 sec and he lets clock run down burning the 20 secs. This is tremendous overconfidence they are to score & he wants no time left on the clock. I prefer to get the score and then, yup, there's still a min or so where good defense is needed as they did in the Atlanta game. But if they don't score & hold Balt as they did from the 5 yard line, they would have had 20 more secs & maybe 2 pass plays Hail Mary's or not.

Ok, the egregious non holding call on 4th down as defender had his arms around Crabtree as if Dancing with the Stars. How about 1st and goal with 1 min left ?

But on the 4th down Kaep should have called the last time out as he saw the defense was going to blitz and he was rushed in the pass to Crabtree.

On the safety play, Balt was holding...no call...& penalty would have left clock at 11 sec & not 4 sec so time for 1 Hail Mary.

I felt Balt was holding on the 2 pt conversion the 49ers did not make.

How about Rice's run which was 1 yard short & they were given a 1st down. Harbaugh threw the flag & won the call but they did get the 1st on the next play.

On the 106 yard kick off return a block in the back was not called.

Again, if they scored in the last minute all these bad calls/non calls wouldn't have mattered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Bad Calls During 2013 Super Bowl

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I am a Pat fan(all Boston teams) first as first 21 years in Maine but now live in SF.

First, I blame Harbaugh for the loss as if 49ers scored at the end, all the calls/non calls issues would have been moot ! First and 7 he calls a running play & gets 2. So has 3 downs to get 5 yards. It's 2 min 20 sec and he lets clock run down burning the 20 secs. This is tremendous overconfidence they are to score & he wants no time left on the clock. I prefer to get the score and then, yup, there's still a min or so where good defense is needed as they did in the Atlanta game. But if they don't score & hold Balt as they did from the 5 yard line, they would have had 20 more secs & maybe 2 pass plays Hail Mary's or not.

Ok, the egregious non holding call on 4th down as defender had his arms around Crabtree as if Dancing with the Stars. How about 1st and goal with 1 min left ?

But on the 4th down Kaep should have called the last time out as he saw the defense was going to blitz and he was rushed in the pass to Crabtree.

On the safety play, Balt was holding...no call...& penalty would have left clock at 11 sec & not 4 sec so time for 1 Hail Mary.

I felt Balt was holding on the 2 pt conversion the 49ers did not make.

How about Rice's run which was 1 yard short & they were given a 1st down. Harbaugh threw the flag & won the call but they did get the 1st on the next play.

On the 106 yard kick off return a block in the back was not called.

Again, if they scored in the last minute all these bad calls/non calls wouldn't have mattered.

I understand what you are saying.  What I mean is something different.  The credibility of NFL football has sank some.

Sections
Shortcuts