Bad Calls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaxFBLover. Show JaxFBLover's posts

Bad Calls

As a non New Englander, I have to say the Patiots got royally screwed.  It was obviously a first down by Faulk.  I told a friend that the NFL was not going to give Belichick anything at the half and they would find a way for their golden boy Manning to win. I am disgusted by the calls made by the NFL refs that decide outcomes of games. Patriot fans have a right to be disgusted!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Re: Bad Calls

Nope not going to blame the refs or BB. The Pats pulled a Dennis Green " we let'em off the hook" The Pats were not aggressive enough offensively in the 4th quarter. Peyton has proved he can score alot of point quickly so you need to score, score,score and score some more running up the score be damned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You may not be from NE, but as a Jax fan you are probably are letting your Peytonhating get in the way.  Both calls that have been called into question in this forum (and nowhere else that I've seen) were correct calls.  That was PI on Butler and that was no first down.  This loss sticks in everyone's craw around here, but it's time to stop blaming the refs and take it for what it is - a tough loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Bad Calls:
    [QUOTE]You may not be from NE, but as a Jax fan you are probably are letting your Peytonhating get in the way.  Both calls that have been called into question in this forum (and nowhere else that I've seen) were correct calls.  That was PI on Butler and that was no first down.  This loss sticks in everyone's craw around here, but it's time to stop blaming the refs and take it for what it is - a tough loss.
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

See, Jules, there you go again. You keep saying the PI call was correct, but when given the actual rules, you refuse to indicate what part of the rule made it PI. You pretty much don't know jack and you are more than kind of a joke.

Aside from that, you must not be watching tv. Eisen, Sanders and Mariotti all stated the Pats made the first down and Eisen and Sanders both said the PI call was bogus - Mariotti was not directly asked and Sanders said it while they were showing the play. They are saying the same things at ESPN. So, just who are you listening to that isn't calling these two examples of extremely biased officiating to question?

You can keep your head in the sand and pretend all you want that this was a legit win by the Colts, but the simple fact is that it wasn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

[QUOTE]You may not be from NE, but as a Jax fan you are probably are letting your Peytonhating get in the way.  Both calls that have been called into question in this forum (and nowhere else that I've seen) were correct calls.  That was PI on Butler and that was no first down.  This loss sticks in everyone's craw around here, but it's time to stop blaming the refs and take it for what it is - a tough loss.

I have been reading some of your posts too..........and you defend the PI call.........you don't believe that was a bad call?

So you think it was a BLATANT pass interference call that should have been called....especially towards the end of a big game like that???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bad Calls : I have been reading some of your posts too..........and you defend the PI call.........you don't believe that was a bad call? So you think it was a BLATANT pass interference call that should have been called....especially towards the end of a big game like that???
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

I think it was an according to Hoyle PI call.  I agree that Butler did not have the intention of taking Collie out - I think he was trying to play the ball.  But regardless, you can't knock the receiver down before the ball arrives.  That's PI.  Enoch keeps saying he's explained the rule to me and I refuse to see logic.  Problem is: Enoch calls that "incidental contact".  While that term may apply to two players getting their feet tangled, it doesn't apply to one player knocking another down or running him over...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3158817. Show user_3158817's posts

The calls were correct. The Colts won. It was a horrendous coaching decision.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bad Calls : I think it was an according to Hoyle PI call.  I agree that Butler did not have the intention of taking Collie out - I think he was trying to play the ball.  But regardless, you can't knock the receiver down before the ball arrives.  That's PI.  Enoch keeps saying he's explained the rule to me and I refuse to see logic.  Problem is: Enoch calls that "incidental contact".  While that term may apply to two players getting their feet tangled, it doesn't apply to one player knocking another down or running him over...
    Which is why the flag came out immediately because the contact was so obvious (your reference - one player knocking another down or running him over).  The flag came out far too late on that one.  It either is a penalty or it isn't.  It isn't like something transpires after the play to make the ref realize there was a penalty.
    Maybe the NFL will begin to listen when Vegas starts having spreads on which quarter Manning will get a 30+ yard PI call.
    Now I've said this before and I'll say it again:  We all know its going to happen, so the Pats know it's going to happen.  As such, you have to add 7 Points to the Colts score in the back of your head and realize the game is too close to play conservatively.  The defense and offense went too conservative too quickly and let the Colts back into the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bad Calls : I think it was an according to Hoyle PI call.  I agree that Butler did not have the intention of taking Collie out - I think he was trying to play the ball.  But regardless, you can't knock the receiver down before the ball arrives.  That's PI.  Enoch keeps saying he's explained the rule to me and I refuse to see logic.  Problem is: Enoch calls that "incidental contact".  While that term may apply to two players getting their feet tangled, it doesn't apply to one player knocking another down or running him over...

That is just a total demonstration of your desire to remain ignorant.

I don't call it incidental contact. The NFL does. 

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

Earlier, you wrote Butler intentionally hit him. Now you are realizing that they are both going for the ball. Both players have a right to the ball. Both players were playing it. You actually agree with the rule, but aren't willing to admit that it wasn't PI. How much denial can one person hold?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

What is more perplexing are all the non-pi calls or offensive holding calls.  these refs screwed indy the entire game. 

Belichick got exactly the game he wanted out of the officials.  Maybe he took a page from Ocho and slipped them a bill, because the non-pi calls on the pats were egregious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaxFBLover. Show JaxFBLover's posts

I actually like Peyton Manning and enjoyed watching him play at Tennessee.  I think the Manning boys have been groomed from day one to be super quarterbacks.  I say day one because I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the recipients of growth hormone in their youth.  Did you notice how much taller they are than their parents?  Archie planned their futures at conception!!!
    That said, I still think the Patriots were screwed royally and I predicted they would be at half time.   I have always thought that Bellichick pissed off the powers to be in the NFL.  By the way, I am not a Jaguars Fan as assumed.  I just love a great game of football and I enjoy watching Brady, the Mannings, Favre, Palmer and Brees play.  I love watching Moss, Fitzgerald and Maurice Drew play.  They elevate the play on the field.  That said - the consensus of my friends who watched the game all thought Faulk made a first down!!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"That is just a total demonstration of your desire to remain ignorant.  I don't call it incidental contact. The NFL does. 

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference."

That definition does NOT say that you can do anything you want to a receiver as long as you're looking back for the ball.  An example that is absolute proof of that fact is that arm bars are consistently called PI.  Are you familiar win arm bars?  They are when the CB (usually while looking back for the ball) prevents the receiver from raising his arms to catch the ball.  According to your application of the above, arm bars would be legal, but the officials call them consistently. By the way, the above still doesn't define what contact is incidental, so I wouldn't keep pointing to that rule...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Its a 50-50 call.  Root wants a 100% call, and you don't always get that.  The correct response to Root is the Belichick got EXACTLY the kind of officiated game he wanted.  He was allowed to let his db's bump the colts receivers well beyond 5 yards throughout the game without a single call.  Not one. 

The call that Collie got would have and could have happened in any and every other game in the league. 

The fact of the matter is that the pats are more focused on the refs than the fact that they gave up 3 td's in the 4th Quarter (all of which were necessary) in order to beat the pats.  The pats used up their T.O.'s so that they could not challenge a spot (and wouldn't have gotten a reversal because they did not have the angle).  

There are more than enough items that the pats could focus on, but they refuse to.  As I said in another thread, its a good thing the pats aren't fans, because the way fans are still reacting they would never be prepared to play the Jets on Sunday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Obviously the Pat DBs should learn from their counter parts how not to get flagged for PI (as obviously Indy DBs do never ever have illegal contact with the WR they defend) and the Pat LBs should also learn that brand new rule about pushing back a receiver after the reception for yard loss...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Not that anyone cares about actual analysis or valid points, but there is one very good reason why Colts CBs would be called for PI much less than the Pats.  The Colts' strategy is to get to the QB very quickly so the CBs don't have to be isolated on an island for a long time.  The Pats do not have a strong pass rush and consequently require their CBs to cover on an island for a longer time.  End result: the Pat CBs have the pressure of having to maintain close man-to-man coverage for extended plays, whereas the Colt CBs know they only have to cover for a very short time.  It would be surprising if the Pats weren't flagged waaayyyy more than the Colts for PI or defensive holding. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Obviously the Pat DBs should learn from their counter parts how not to get flagged for PI (as obviously Indy DBs do never ever have illegal contact with the WR they defend) and the Pat LBs should also learn that brand new rule about pushing backwards a receiver after the reception for yard loss...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

i find it extremely hard to justify that PI call if you look at the rule as stated above. 
    at the time, i thought the spot on 4th and 2 was legit because of the bobble but the more i look at it, the more i realize that spot was crap too.  having said that, you need to have a time out in your pocket to make a challenge (which probably would not have resulted in a change of call, but still...)