Bad day....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Bad day....

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

+1

And that continued today... In a big way for Dobson and Thompkins helped out the 31st ranked red zone offense by getting two TD's today.  Could have been 3 if TB was looking down field when he threw that pass to Sudfeld when he was double teamed.  Thompkins literally had no defenders near him for about 20 yards.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Brady sucks.

[/QUOTE]

That is not even close to the point I was trying to make... not at all tcal.  TB did have an off day though, but he was still better than Freeman today which is all that matters.  I was alluding to the fact the receivers are continuing to get seperation, and Thompkins could have close to 100 yards receiving and 3 TD day... that's the point I was trying to drive home, with all the haters on the board picking on the WR's.  That's what I mwas trying to get at.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I was at the game and have not yet had a chance to watch the replay on tape yet. I thought TB was clearly the best player on the field. He was in total control, did not rush and found the open WR's, and numerous times took matters to his own hands with QB sneak run's. This game was played to the Bucs favor for the first quarter or so, but TB took it away from them. 

Also game ball IMO to Talib, Ghost, Blount and Gregory. Thought Jones plyed well. Best game to date for both Vince and Nink. 

To be fair and say it both ways, I thought Hightower and McCourty made some mistakes today, but none leading to TD's

Tom Brady was "clearly" the best player on the field? Is this the same Brady Zolak called horrible in the 1st qtr and on that INT in the end zone?

Tears!

There is no way you watched this game.   The run game and the D won this game. Not even close.

Brady has yet to be Brady so far this year. Period.

A guy like Bolden, someone who you said was on the bubble, was arguably our best player today. Or, Thompkins. Not Brady.  The game should have been a runaway, but Brady's mistakes made it not be the case.

Next time you are at the game, open your eyes and watch it. Unreal.

I was at the game, and IMO he was clearly the best player on the field, the only player totally in control of the game. The difference in this game was Brady as opposed to Freeman

I thought Blount p,aged very well today, and most likely bought himself some more time. If and when every RB is healthy, I still expect Blount to be #5 on the depth chart, and inactive some games.

I never said Bolden was on the bubble. I always thought his ST had him on this team from day 1

Thompkins made the plays today, as did Dobson. But they were plays the any WR should make in the NFL, and the QB could not have put the ball in better spots for them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how the all is right with the offense comes out in a home game where all they can do is generate 2 FGs in the second half.  The team looked ALOT better then last week but god i hope they would since last week was as bad as you can be. 

Brady. INT in the end zone and he missed two WRs deep who were both wide open because Sudfeld was his first read.

He's still not playing the way he could be.

[/QUOTE]
    i'm starting to believe pats will never win another superbowl as long as brady is QB

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

We are 3-0, Awesome!  I love it!  Bills, Jets, Bucs... Shouldn't we be though? 

The season starts next week with a run of 3 tough games in a row.  I have always figured on going 1-2 in the next 3 games, if we can go 2-1 I will be thrilled.  3-0 I will chew on my smelly Patriot socks.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Shouldn't we?

The question was appropriate before Amendola and Vereen went down. Nobody expected 3-0 after they went down.

I did...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

The season starts next week with a run of 3 tough games in a row.  I have always figured on going 1-2 in the next 3 games, if we can go 2-1 I will be thrilled.  3-0 I will chew on my smelly Patriot socks.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Shouldn't we?

The question was appropriate before Amendola and Vereen went down. Nobody expected 3-0 after they went down.

I did...

[/QUOTE]

so did I !!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Shouldn't we?

[/QUOTE]

Really?  I don't think so, who has said that?  I have not seen any of that from anyone here.  I think the question has been since Amendola went down was and still is... can we get a win or two in the next 3 games Falcons, Bengals and Saints?    Remember, we are talking about beating the Bills, Jets and Bucs.  All games we should have won big.  Today was a good day.  Need at least 1 over the next 3 weeks.  2 would be great and of course 3 would be unbelievable.  The question remains is can Amendola stay healthy enough to be on the field to help win games against the tougher teams.  We shall find out begining next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

If it was raining money, they'd be complaining the quarters were hitting them on the head.

D@mn right!   Why couldn't it rain Benjamins!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here is a list of names who won't be trolling this week, especially if Buffalo beats the Jets:

Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, TFB12, TCal, Shizzles aka TripleOG, PatsEng, Section  136, Anonymis, Bustchise (and his many other board names), Gunty, UD6, and many more.

Just think of how well this board will go without these gutless puukes ruining it for the rest of us here on the board on a weekly basis.

I am sure I am forgetting many troll names, but you get the idea. It's really their worst nightmare.

The board was very good yesterday.  Where were you?  Sorry you missed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Perspective folks....perspective....

Just as there was no reason to jump off a cliff after 2 games there is certainly no reason to book a trip to New Jersey.....yet...

As a Research Chemist one never draws conclusions from limited samples but to pay attention to data along the way.

Was there reason to be a bit concerned after 2 games...certainly.

Is there reason to be hopeful after today....certainly.

What we did see today was what we didn’t see the first 2 weeks,,,progress, and that was good to see.

Next week in Atlanta will certainly be a yardstick as to where the team really is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Pretty sad when simple competence evokes gloating from the Positive Petunias. LMAO

This describes you to a tee, old man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The rookies should have yelled at Tom for some of those lame passes he gave them. Left 21 points on the field.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

They should be 4 and 0 :(

lol...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I have always figured on going 1-2 in the next 3 games, if we can go 2-1 I will be thrilled. 

Agreed - me too..

PS: I don't have any smelly patriots socks - you will have to excuse me if i refrain from joining you when we go 3-0..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pretty sad when simple competence evokes gloating from the Positive Petunias. LMAO

This describes you to a tee, old man.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.. exactly what I see when babe posts lately... all negative.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I liked what both sides of the ball did today.  D was solid once again.  6 players with receptions.  156 yards rushing against a team that's supposed to be tough against the run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is a list of names who won't be trolling this week, especially if Buffalo beats the Jets:

Mt Hurl, Babe, Pezzy, TFB12, TCal, Shizzles aka TripleOG, PatsEng, Section  136, Anonymis, Bustchise (and his many other board names), Gunty, UD6, and many more.

Just think of how well this board will go without these gutless puukes ruining it for the rest of us here on the board on a weekly basis.

I am sure I am forgetting many troll names, but you get the idea. It's really their worst nightmare.

The board was very good yesterday.  Where were you?  Sorry you missed it.

[/QUOTE]

Still haven't learned how to use the quote tool, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Still haven't joined the human race, huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Bad Day ? Is this a thread about Manning and the Giants?

Living well is the best revenge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the defense needed to win these games for us and to their credit that have...we need more of it...it'll get tougher and the offense isn't there yet (but it's heading there). If we are 6-2 halfway through the season - getting some injury guys back - I like our chances. I like the young receivers we have right now, I'm hoping Gronk and Vareen will really open things up later in the year. Who knows? The Ravens looked like crap for most of last season, but they got better and peaked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Perspective folks....perspective....

Just as there was no reason to jump off a cliff after 2 games there is certainly no reason to book a trip to New Jersey.....yet...

As a Research Chemist one never draws conclusions from limited samples but to pay attention to data along the way.

Was there reason to be a bit concerned after 2 games...certainly.

Is there reason to be hopeful after today....certainly.

What we did see today was what we didn’t see the first 2 weeks,,,progress, and that was good to see.

Next week in Atlanta will certainly be a yardstick as to where the team really is.

+1 this is what we've been saying. I think we all thought they'd be 3-0 after this week 2-1 at worst considering the competition given. It will really be the next 3 weeks that we will see what this team is made of. I really hope all the ruby glass guys are right but just as much good as we've seen there has been that much bad. Now I think this week was positive all around for all 3 sides of the ball but they really have to start scoring in the redzone and need to tighten up the D a bit between the 20's. Overall it's looking good but the next couple of weeks will be the ones where we will actually know what we have for a team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The point is not that they're a flawless team or they're the best team in the league or above criticism. It's just tiresome to read the same negative stuff over and over about the 2007 draft or the salary cap or why didn't they sign this guy instead of that one and on and on. They didn't, move on. The Red Sox gave away Babe Ruth and Jeff Bagwell, that's about as relevant as the 2007 draft.

This is a team that is 3-0 and has as much chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl as any other. I'm not seeing any super teams out there, heck Miami might be the toughest competition. They look pretty good. Maybe Cinci. I like that they're doing it with a bunch of no-name rookies, it makes it all the more interesting.

It's a free country, you can devote thread after thread to bashing BB or finding fault with something if that's your life's purpose. I guess I don't see what the point is, BB aint reading this board. I'd prefer to talk about the games and the team that they have, and deal with drafts and personnel stuff in the offseason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I liked what both sides of the ball did today.  D was solid once again.  6 players with receptions.  156 yards rushing against a team that's supposed to be tough against the run.

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Bad Day ? Is this a thread about Manning and the Giants?

Living well is the best revenge.

That is a bad month!!!!:)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

The point is not that they're a flawless team or they're the best team in the league or above criticism. It's just tiresome to read the same negative stuff over and over about the 2007 draft or the salary cap or why didn't they sign this guy instead of that one and on and on. They didn't, move on. The Red Sox gave away Babe Ruth and Jeff Bagwell, that's about as relevant as the 2007 draft.

This is a team that is 3-0 and has as much chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl as any other. I'm not seeing any super teams out there, heck Miami might be the toughest competition. They look pretty good. Maybe Cinci. I like that they're doing it with a bunch of no-name rookies, it makes it all the more interesting.

It's a free country, you can devote thread after thread to bashing BB or finding fault with something if that's your life's purpose. I guess I don't see what the point is, BB aint reading this board. I'd prefer to talk about the games and the team that they have, and deal with drafts and personnel stuff in the offseason.

Great points, if only people would listen

Sections
Shortcuts