Bad feeling about the game now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bad feeling about the game now...

I keep reading articles about how easy a game this should be for the Patriots and the more I read, the less I like our chances. This has all the making of a trap game to me and I hate it when the Pats are heavily favored. It seems like that's when the Pats are at their worst since the other team comes out swinging and the Patriots are shocked for a quarter. 

Man, I hope I'm not jynxing this, but I'd really like the Patriots to come out full throttle and not try to play it cool. These guys are out for blood, we should get to them first. I hope BB is showing them the games against the Cardinals, Jaguars, Bills and Jets to show them they can be beaten by lesser teams if they don't play at their best. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Bad feeling about the game now...

Well, I get all that, but my contention is that the Jests debacle of 2010 will be kept in mind enough to have this team on edge for this one. They blew Houston out a few weeks ago, just like 2010. It's all about health and preparation--and that's what BB would tell you. If the team is as healthy as we think they may be, that will be a big factor. Prepare, execute, destroy. NE is a better team, and if they do these things and execute proplerly, there is nothing Houston can do about it. For the record, I don't really think it will be a blowout. The Titans will come to play, and THAT is one thing I think just about everybody is saying. The Pats tend to do better when up against a challenge. BB will hopefully make sure they understand this Houston team will be a challenge. Ignore the media and execute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

All that matters is how the Pats execute on Sunday. They are the better team; play smart, mistake-free football and they will win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I expect a close game. The Texans defense actually played pretty good for a good stretch after the first quarter and can Schaub really play that bad again. I reckon it will be a dog fight with the Pats winning 21-17.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

If it makes you feel better,

Pretty sure no one gave Notre Dame a fighter's chance and that 'bama would win easily...'bama lived up to the hype. Saban prepped his players to show up and they did.

Quite frankly, I expect the players to come out. It's the playoffs. The one time they came out absolutely sluggish was in 2010 against the Jets, who:

1. Were division rivals and knew the Pats well

2. Actually beat the Pats during that season prior to the playoff game. If the Pats are really a Super Bowl caliber team, articles talking them up should not affect them

Any given sunday. Pats very well could lose this game, any team can lose in any game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Brady doesn't turn it over, we win. That simple. In fact, we'll win the SB if he doesn't throw a pick vs Houston, Denver (if it is Denver) and in New Orleans.

6 TDs and 0 INTs will be just what the doctor ordered this postseason for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Depends on who we play. Den and GB could be shootouts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If Brady doesn't turn it over, we win. That simple. In fact, we'll win the SB if he doesn't throw a pick vs Houston, Denver (if it is Denver) and in New Orleans.

6 TDs and 0 INTs will be just what the doctor ordered this postseason for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we have the No. 1 ranked offense (by a good margin). So theoretically, we should win the shootouts if we don't turn the ball over.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Notice how an average of 2 TDs per game from Brady, actually signify that we are running the ball with a lead back.

If we run the ball well (and don't turn it over), there won't be shootouts. We might blow a team out, but there won't be shootouts.

[/QUOTE]

I hope so, Brady is 0-4 his last 4 playoff games that he's thrown 2 TDs.

Don't think a running game is absolutely necesarry against HOU, but it will be needed against Den

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Houston is a dangerous team...regardless how they played last time around.  Shaub has been absolutely pedestrian lately, but at some point that turns around....right?  Foster's still a beast and if he gets going...Shaub gets a lot better.

Either way...i'm not expecting a blow out and nor should any of us.  I think the boys will come out on top, but I'm thinking something like a 30-20 game or something along those lines.  As long as Kubiak and Co. have their head so far buried into that playsheet, I'll be a happy camper.  Down by 10 with four minutes left????  Yep, punt it Gary, punt it away...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

This is a big game for the Pats defense, Cincinnati further exposed Houston's redzone offense holding them to 3 fgs in 4 attempts. They need a big game from Wilfork and the linebackers. Hold them to fgs in the redzone.

On offense its pretty simple, don't turn it over. Make Ridley an important part of the game. Work the beat up Houston linebackers with Gronk, Hern and Welker and get the play action going.

I love the Pats in this game if they mix it up early and most importantly keep Watt out of Brady's face.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If both teams come out with energy, then the more talented team should win.  That being said the pats are more talented and have home field in their possession. 

Any given Sunday, but I feel confident Pats should prevail.  Would I be surprised if otherwise.... we all know anything can happen. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Snap out of it man.  GRONK will have 3 TD's and we win by +17.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

im confident they will win, but i dont think it will be nearly as easy as it was the first game....i could see it being a close game to the end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Didn't we have this same conversation before the stretch of games with the Texans and 49ers?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't we have this same conversation before the stretch of games with the Texans and 49ers?

[/QUOTE]

If we did that is good news for the Patriots vs the Texans and bad news for the Patriots vs the Ravens/Broncos...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I keep reading articles about how easy a game this should be for the Patriots and the more I read, the less I like our chances. This has all the making of a trap game to me and I hate it when the Pats are heavily favored. It seems like that's when the Pats are at their worst since the other team comes out swinging and the Patriots are shocked for a quarter. 

Man, I hope I'm not jynxing this, but I'd really like the Patriots to come out full throttle and not try to play it cool. These guys are out for blood, we should get to them first. I hope BB is showing them the games against the Cardinals, Jaguars, Bills and Jets to show them they can be beaten by lesser teams if they don't play at their best. 

[/QUOTE]

Dont think so 49, i am on the other side... reading articles that really give the texans a very good chance of winning.

Media is crazy... i think PAts are gonna win a close game... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we have the No. 1 ranked offense (by a good margin). So theoretically, we should win the shootouts if we don't turn the ball over.

[/QUOTE]

josh can bog the offense down at times forgetting about the run and letting teams tee off and only play pass

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Schaub starting his 2nd playoff game, Brady starting his 24th. That should make you feel pretty darn good going into this game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Schaub starting his 2nd playoff game, Brady starting his 24th. That should make you feel pretty darn good going into this game.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to point out all the players with playoff experience on the Pats.   The texans have only ever beat the bengals so how confident do they feel?    They better hope foster can do something.  He looked dinged up last game, so did ray rice.  Anyone else notice this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I think the Pats win a close one, but they lose someone big to an injury that may or may not keep that player off the field for the remainder of the playoff run.

Seems to be what keeps happening to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Houston would have a better chance to win if they were at home,but they're not.Patriots need to stop Foster and make Schaub pass to win the game.New England's offense is too versatile for the Texans defense to cover all the options available to Brady.Look for Gronk to have a big day.

I think it'll be closer than the 42-14 beatdown the Texans got last time,but the Pats pull it out 31-20.  

Sections
Shortcuts