Bad feeling about the game now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Endeavour805. Show Endeavour805's posts

Re: Bad feeling about the game now...

First time posting here guys...long time reader.  One question...

How much of a factor will be the workload that Foster had in the Wildcard game vs. Cincy?  He had 40 touches I believe.  I have to think he will be feeling the effects of that game this Sunday.

Thought?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Endeavour805. Show Endeavour805's posts

32 carries for 140 yards and 8 receptions for 34 yards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

With all due respect 49Patriots, this is a playoff game, one and done. I'm pretty sure this isn't a trap game.  Patriots know what this game means, they aren't taking this game lightly, enough people on the team to remember what happened against the Jets in the playoffs after routing them in regular season. 

I think that Texans play better then they did in the first game, really they couldn't play any worse.  It is going to be a closer game, that's to be expected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miSOXfan. Show miSOXfan's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Snap out of it man.  GRONK will have 3 TD's and we win by +17.

+1, at least the "snap out of it" part

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No playoff game can be a 'trap game' unless the coaching staff is smoking some really high end stuff.  The Pats will be ready and, I suspect, so will Houston.  The Pats are a better team, are getting healthier by the minute and will be focused.  The Texans are not to be taken lightly but I see the Pats winning by a touchdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Patriot's offense is tougher now, no more finesse, if they're anything like past BB teams the team will improve it's play in the playoffs not regress...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pats CRUSH these fools. TOM knows its time to get that very evasive SB Championship right now. His window is closing and nothing is gonna get in his way this time! Poor, poor Texans!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to user_4374829's comment:

First time posting here guys...long time reader.  One question...

How much of a factor will be the workload that Foster had in the Wildcard game vs. Cincy?  He had 40 touches I believe.  I have to think he will be feeling the effects of that game this Sunday.

Thought?

I don't think it will be a big factor but you never know.  He probably got tackled 30 times that his body might be feeling that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pats CRUSH these fools. TOM knows its time to get that recently evasive SB Championship right now. Been EIGHT YEARS NOW! I wonder what the longest period between Super Bowl wins is for the same QB? His window is certainly closing and nothing is gonna get in their way this time! Poor, poor, poor Texans!!! They just aren't good enough to beat US!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pats CRUSH these fools. TOM knows its time to get that recently evasive SB Championship right now. Been EIGHT YEARS NOW! I wonder what the longest period between Super Bowl wins is for the same QB? His window is certainly closing and nothing is gonna get in their way this time! Poor, poor, poor Texans!!! They just aren't good enough to beat US!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I keep reading articles about how easy a game this should be for the Patriots and the more I read, the less I like our chances. This has all the making of a trap game to me and I hate it when the Pats are heavily favored. It seems like that's when the Pats are at their worst since the other team comes out swinging and the Patriots are shocked for a quarter. 

Man, I hope I'm not jynxing this, but I'd really like the Patriots to come out full throttle and not try to play it cool. These guys are out for blood, we should get to them first. I hope BB is showing them the games against the Cardinals, Jaguars, Bills and Jets to show them they can be beaten by lesser teams if they don't play at their best. 

It is natural to feel this way since on any given Sunday any team can win. I do expect this to be a lot closer than the blowout during the regular season. The Pats though will find a way to pull it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are reacting like a FAN.  You think the team thinks like a fan?  Of course not!  They know their jobs and will do their best to win.  A fan always has insecurities about their team and throws out this stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to kevin13130's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

If Brady doesn't turn it over, we win. That simple. In fact, we'll win the SB if he doesn't throw a pick vs Houston, Denver (if it is Denver) and in New Orleans.

6 TDs and 0 INTs will be just what the doctor ordered this postseason for Brady.

Depends on who we play. Den and GB could be shootouts

Yeah, but we have the No. 1 ranked offense (by a good margin). So theoretically, we should win the shootouts if we don't turn the ball over.

josh can bog the offense down at times forgetting about the run and letting teams tee off and only play pass

Haven't seen that as much this year though. McDaniels does seem to prefer throwing the ball, and so do I, but I think he has done a decent job of maintaining a balanced offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If Brady doesn't turn it over, we win. That simple. In fact, we'll win the SB if he doesn't throw a pick vs Houston, Denver (if it is Denver) and in New Orleans.

6 TDs and 0 INTs will be just what the doctor ordered this postseason for Brady.

Yeah, but we have the No. 1 ranked offense (by a good margin). So theoretically, we should win the shootouts if we don't turn the ball over.

josh can bog the offense down at times forgetting about the run and letting teams tee off and only play pass

Haven't seen that as much this year though. McDaniels does seem to prefer throwing the ball, and so do I, but I think he has done a decent job of maintaining a balanced offense.

When you have BRady of course you prefer to pass. But they are running the ball fairly often when they are running well. One of the better running teams in the league now. It will hopefully make a difference in the last 20 minutes or so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

When you have BRady of course you prefer to pass. But they are running the ball fairly often when they are running well. One of the better running teams in the league now. It will hopefully make a difference in the last 20 minutes or so.

True, but I think he preferred the pass even with Sam Bradford and Kyle Orton as his QB's. Either way, McDaniels is a fairly competent offensive coordinator, to say the least. O'Brien was pretty good last year, but I'm glad Josh is back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Fair enough, Houston is a legitimate NFL, but I don't know how you can ignore their recent performance. No . . .   I do not expect anything like we saw a few weeks ago, but quite simply the Pats are superior and there is no way they should lose this game.

This business about the Texans being "out for blood" is preposterous.

This team embarassed itself in epic fashion down the stretch is there is absolutely no reason to believe it will play its best game of the season -- which is what it's going to take for them to hang with New England -- Sunday afternoon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I keep reading articles about how easy a game this should be for the Patriots and the more I read, the less I like our chances. This has all the making of a trap game to me and I hate it when the Pats are heavily favored. It seems like that's when the Pats are at their worst since the other team comes out swinging and the Patriots are shocked for a quarter. 

Man, I hope I'm not jynxing this, but I'd really like the Patriots to come out full throttle and not try to play it cool. These guys are out for blood, we should get to them first. I hope BB is showing them the games against the Cardinals, Jaguars, Bills and Jets to show them they can be beaten by lesser teams if they don't play at their best. 

The Pats should beat Houston, and go on to win the SB this year. They have the talent to get it done. The question is, do they have the heart? It's been 8 long years since the last title. 

Looking at the teams remaining, I don't see any squad with more talent than the Pats. They need to execute, and take it this season...no excuses! This is their most talented team since 2007. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The Pats should beat Houston, and go on to win the SB this year. They have the talent to get it done. The question is, do they have the heart? It's been 8 long years since the last title. 

Looking at the teams remaining, I don't see any squad with more talent than the Pats. They need to execute, and take it this season...no excuses! This is their most talented team since 2007. 

I would argue that Denver and Green Bay have plenty of talent, enough to match or even exceed the Patriots. But we have a legend of a coach, we have good team chemistry, and we have leaders on this team that know how to win in the playoffs.

We SHOULD beat Houston, and we SHOULD win the Super Bowl. It just depends, as you said, on their heart and minds.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Pats win 31-17.  Balt takes Denver 24-21 on turnovers.  AFCCG at the Razor.  Pats 28 Balt 21. Pats over SF 35-27.

Sections
Shortcuts