Bad move cutting Llyod.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Bad move cutting Llyod.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hty239. Show hty239's posts

Bad attitude in the locker and not what they expectd or emanated on the field...seems pretty logical.  Victor Cruz ice coming to town....mark my words.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

it's not out of the realm of possibility that he finds little market for his services and re-signs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

it's not out of the realm of possibility that he finds little market for his services and re-signs

probably end up in Cleveland

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If they do resign him then I guess the locker room issues weren't so bad.  We'll see.  I suspect they didn't think his performance was equal to his cap hit.

I do sometimes wish the Pats would hire clear talent rather than question marks.  But it almost seems that since Adalius Thomas they don't have confidence in their ability to evaluate top free agents. I really thought Garcon was the guy for them last year, not Lloyd.  Garcon went for more money than I thought he would get (and maybe too much at $8 million per) and then got injured during the season, but a guy like that at 6 million per year would maybe have a future with the team rather than being a one-year rental of mediocrity, which is what Lloyd is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I'm not sure about it being a bad move, Llyod just didn't seem to connect with the team. You can't force it it is either there or it isn't. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

If they do resign him then I guess the locker room issues weren't so bad.  We'll see.  I suspect they didn't think his performance was equal to his cap hit.

This from Reiss:

I feel like former Patriots receiver Brandon Lloyd got a bad rap when it came to the possible reasons for his release. I believe it was mostly tied to production as it relates to economics, not personality. Yes, he is wired a little differently, not always the easiest guy to read. But if Lloyd was making the veteran minimum instead of due a $1.9 million salary and $3 million bonus this year, or if he produced at a higher level last year, I think he would still be on the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This from Reiss:

I feel like former Patriots receiver Brandon Lloyd got a bad rap when it came to the possible reasons for his release. I believe it was mostly tied to production as it relates to economics, not personality. Yes, he is wired a little differently, not always the easiest guy to read. But if Lloyd was making the veteran minimum instead of due a $1.9 million salary and $3 million bonus this year, or if he produced at a higher level last year, I think he would still be on the roster.

That also fits with the reports that they were trying to restructure his deal. It's more a cost-for-production issue than a behaviour issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why do I feel like if the Pats trade a 7th round pick for Fitzgerald you would say it is a bad move?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

This from Reiss:

That also fits with the reports that they were trying to restructure his deal. It's more a cost-for-production issue than a behaviour issue.

Yeah, he could also be back if he doesn't get a deal he likes elsewhere. Problem is, many teams would love a WR with 75 catches and 900 yards.

I think with the thin group of receivers on the market, he's got a pretty good chance of getting signed elsewhere.  His problem, though, may be that he hasn't stuck anywhere long (which will raise flags) and the fact that the Pats (who have a shortage of receivers) cut him after a year in which he got a reasonable number of catches, but also had a lot of drops and was rather one-dimensional.  It seems like the only thing he was consistently good at was catching the back shoulder pass on the sideline and then rolling around on the ground. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I thought Lloyd was worth bringing back, but the fact that he was due a lot of money sealed his fate.  I wish they could have restructured his deal.  He wasn't great but 900 yards receiving and decent production means something after seeing a lot of other WRs fail in the Pats' system. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

there were issues with brady and lloyd all season long that for whatever reason never got ironed out. right up until the finish it appeared they were never quite on the same page. while no one should have expected him to be a stretch receiver (he is not fast), it is reasonable to expect that an nfl receiver is not allergic to contact. his YAC is a serious issue. he absolutely refuses to go over the middle and anytime anyone gets near him he goes to the ground. in fact, he often goes to the ground regardless if anyone is around him or not. he is very effective on the sidelines - a magician reaching for the ball and staying in bounds. he twists his body, slides to makes cathces, and in that way is very athletic. at the same time, though he jumps well he rarely beats anyone for balls up top and just simply doesn't compete hard enough for the ball. I think if it weren't for the $ hit maybe he's back (and maybe he even finds his way back anyway), but it's likely someone will value his ability and numbers. he has skills and is not without value as a receiver, but he's simply not a #2 guy on a superbowl contending team. his lack of toughness is the real issue and likely led to some of the issues with brady. is welker is a ten on the toughness scale; lloyd is about a 2. about as non-physical as a non-kicker can get in the nfl. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he did okay. Made some catches, missed a few. Very much a finesse player and avoids physical contact and extra YAC like an STD. I'm not gonna miss him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.