Bad weather super bowl? What say you.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Bad weather super bowl? What say you.

Hey everyone, so with the talk of a possible super bowl being played in New York sometime this decade what do you guys all think about that? Would you be happy to see a snow game in the super bowl? Lots up people love going to sunny locations cause they use it as a vacation so playing in New York wouldnt be good for those people. And some people dont want to see a team have an advantage like say a dome team was to play the Pats in a snow game for the super bowl? That wouldnt be "fair" or would it? What do you guys think? Me? I think the idea of playing the super bowl in the weather of the North East would be stuff of legend if the weather was bad enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Bad weather super bowl? What say you.

It would be cool to see But I wouldn't want weather to play a factor in the out come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'd be okay wit it.  Would be fun seeing the game played in snow :)

Since both teams are affected equally, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure the dome teams would be livid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Personally, I think it's an excellent idea, but don't expect it to happen.

I don't think introducing potentially adverse weather to the game would necessarily be a bad thing -- football should be played outside and bad weather affects both teams equally, it would seem to me. But the reason this won't happen has less to do with the game and the players than it does with the fans. Asking the most well-heeled (and perhaps not the most ardent) portion of your fan base to pay top dollar to sit outside for four or five hours in February at certain lattitudes does not make practical sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Polian will never let this happen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am all for it, snow and football is great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Bad weather super bowl? What say you.:
    Polian will never let this happen
    Posted by sirpinochle

Bingo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Can-Boston-Fan. Show Can-Boston-Fan's posts

The most exciting super bowl actually had bad weather games.  It made the smart coaches adjust.  I would be all for it.  It also gives every team the chance to hold a super bowl.  I sick of Tampa, Miami, New Orleans, Cali and Texas and Dome's. Dome football is not real football..period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Can-Boston-Fan. Show Can-Boston-Fan's posts

Polian will never let it happen.  (good point).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

From what I've heard it's a done deal.  New York needs the Superbowl for their new stadium.  They already had one in sucky detriot, so New York is certainly going to get theirs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I cannot understand why they do not rotate the location among the 32 team cities.  Why should dome teams always have an advantage, since they are built to compete in ideal conditions?  Why should a few cities get all of that revenue.  You think Buffalo could not use some tourism dollars more than Miami?

As for a Super Bowl in NYC (actually, Meadowlands, NJ), I think it is awesome.  The greatest team sports event in the Western Hemisphere played in the greatest city (metropolitan area) in the Western Hemisphere - a perfect fit. If you were going to a SB, would you rather hang out in Houston, Dallas, Jacksonville?  Or NYC?  No brainer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Bad weather super bowl? What say you.:
    Hey everyone, so with the talk of a possible super bowl being played in New York sometime this decade what do you guys all think about that? Would you be happy to see a snow game in the super bowl? Lots up people love going to sunny locations cause they use it as a vacation so playing in New York wouldnt be good for those people. And some people dont want to see a team have an advantage like say a dome team was to play the Pats in a snow game for the super bowl? That wouldnt be "fair" or would it? What do you guys think? Me? I think the idea of playing the super bowl in the weather of the North East would be stuff of legend if the weather was bad enough.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

on tv its fine, but if i'm going to the game the last place I want to be in the winter is detroit, Kansas City, Indy etc.  I'll take sunny california or florida anyday in the winter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Hey everyone, so with the talk of a possible super bowl being played in New York sometime this decade what do you guys all think about that? Posted by MVPKilla2009

i'd be surprised if it happens alot of teams play in domes and couldn't deal with that type of weather in february. i bet the dome team owners don't go for it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yes and im sure the international media and fans from the world abound would love to sit in the snow...this idea is trash...football was meant to be played outside but you dont play the biggest sports event of the year in terrible conditions...this idea gets an epic fail

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Teams play in bad weather in the regular season and playoffs. All stadiums should be fair game when it comes to the superbowl. It's football, the teams can handle it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

Too many corporate types attend the games w/o any real allegiance to either team.  Those ticket prices are huge and are often bonuses/perks given to top brass, etc.  I don't see them willing to shiver in the cold at Lambeau or anywhere else.  Not that it wouldn't be nice for the real fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nvrgivuponPATS. Show nvrgivuponPATS's posts

I think it's a GREAT idea.  That's the way the games used to be played.  I think every stadium should have the chance to get a super bowl held there.  Why not have a great owner like Mr. kraft get a super bowl in his stadium.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'm all for it. If you have it in any outdoor venue down south there's always a potential for a rain storm. So snow or rain I'd rather sit in the snow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The only time the Colts won a superbowl was in the rain. Baltimore colts dont count in this situation. Polian should remember that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bad weather super bowl? What say you.:
    I couldn't disagree more Jimmy, I know its a huge event and people from all over come to see it but the game was meant to be played and watched in bad weather or good so if they are from another country then they can watch first hand how the game is played and maybe find a new love for the game. And fans from around the country that don't want to sit in the snow can....not buy tickets and instead let the fans who do want to see that kind of game buy the tickets instead.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

first of all...its the biggest event in all of sports around the world...and for that reason alone...it should not be played in bad weather

secondly, the superbowl doesnt make its money by the people actually going to the game as most of the tickets in a superbowl are corporate seats or have like wise been bought by someone who isnt the average NFL fan

and lastly, its held in areas that are quite reliant on tourism as a part of their natural economy...if places like tampa, arizona, miami lost the super bowl hosting privelages, it could very well prove extremely damaging to the local economies of those areas...places in north(ie bad weather cities) have industry that does not rely on tourism and therefore are uneffected by not having the game and you need to look no further than the two areas most effected by foreclosures to see this

so because of the reasons i listed, the super bowl will never be held in a domeless/cold weather city unless its held in NY for the purposes of NY having a new football stadium and its the media capital of the world...those are the only reasons

having a super bowl at the razor would be career suicide for any commissioner who agrees to do so

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

If we had bad weather super bowls, as in snowy weather. i recall the pats are undefeated in the snowy season, so i would love to see teams struggle to keep the ball as the pats luagh and score 6 Tds like there playing the Titians or backyard football. IM ALL FOR IT!=)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"first of all...its the biggest event in all of sports around the world...and for that reason alone...it should not be played in bad weather

secondly, the superbowl doesnt make its money by the people actually going to the game as most of the tickets in a superbowl are corporate seats or have like wise been bought by someone who isnt the average NFL fan

and lastly, its held in areas that are quite reliant on tourism as a part of their natural economy...if places like tampa, arizona, miami lost the super bowl hosting privelages, it could very well prove extremely damaging to the local economies of those areas...places in north(ie bad weather cities) have industry that does not rely on tourism and therefore are uneffected by not having the game and you need to look no further than the two areas most effected by foreclosures to see this

so because of the reasons i listed, the super bowl will never be held in a domeless/cold weather city unless its held in NY for the purposes of NY having a new football stadium and its the media capital of the world...those are the only reasons

having a super bowl at the razor would be career suicide for any commissioner who agrees to do so " - Jimmy

Jimmy first of all I never said that we should have a super bowl in NE, re read my first post and you will see I was clearly talking about a super bowl in New York which you admit WILL HAPPEN.

So according to you they only hold super bowls in tourist areas? So you are telling me that Detroit is a tourist destination? are you f*cking kidding me? Detroit? get a grip. Oh and New York which is the city I was talking about in the first place is a tourist destination so again you clearly were not paying attention.

And I was saying it would be nice for them to have ONE super bowl up North in bad weather i never once said from now on or anything like that so no one is saying lets take the privilege of holding a super bowl away from places like Miami permanently so i dont know where you got that from but no one was saying lets take away their right to hold a super bowl I was saying it would be cool if they did it once in a while. You clearly just respond with out really reading what other people post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Really if we never wanted a Super Bowl in bad weather all the games would be in a indoor temperature controlled atmosphere. Therefore any outdoor football game could have bad weather (rain, high winds, lightning, sleet).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd pay to see it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Two seperate issues here... #1 the game itself would be legendary for many reasons, #2. will never happen in my opinion because it would be hard to sell to the fans who travel to see a Superbowl regardless of the teams playing because it is played in a warm clime and they use it as a winter vacation.