baiting Richard Seymour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

baiting Richard Seymour

What's up with big rich?

Currently a free agent , big rich guy.  30mil extension in 2010...  We know he's still big.  not mr. Big, necessarily but perhaps he thinks so.

He must think he is quite the player, of the system that is.  The business.  How high is his stock right now ?  Who knows ...  33 years old,  big. And we know from Vince that DT is a punishing position for old big guys.  maybe as the 3-4 DE he could hold up...?

So the bait is the incentive laden contract based on production and staying healthy on a sub package rotation.  but there needs to be a kicker to make it more attractive.

Thoughts...?

How about induction to pats hall of fame and retire as a Patriot and the all time best DL in the league, with a chance to get another ring...?   his ego might just go for that.... Then there's Bills ego...  Hmmmm...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: baiting Richard Seymour

He's said multiple times he wouldn't play for the Pats again. Not going to happen. That bring was burnt down, the ashes made into bread, the bread eaten by hogs, the end product used are cement for another bridge specifically built to be burned down a second time for good measure, and the ashes of that second bring launched into the sun.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He is not coming back here.

The 2 parties BB and Sey are not exchanging xmas cards and there is not nor will there be a kiss and make-up meet betwen them regardless of contract structure or amount..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Nope. Not happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

He's said multiple times he wouldn't play for the Pats again. Not going to happen. That bring was burnt down, the ashes made into bread, the bread eaten by hogs, the end product used are cement for another bridge specifically built to be burned down a second time for good measure, and the ashes of that second bring launched into the sun.

Clever use of words in your posted opinion but so few actual reasons or facts to support it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

He is not coming back here.

The 2 parties BB and Sey are not exchanging xmas cards and there is not nor will there be a kiss and make-up meet betwen them regardless of contract structure or amount..

Wow, so very sure of yourself in that post.  As in not very open minded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"Richard Seymour, currently a free agent, told the Boston Herald that, if called, he would decline any advances from his old team.

"No way," he said, chuckling."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-seymour-says-no-way-reunion-england-patriots-211123236--nfl.html

"Another day closer to the parade"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Coolade

http://nesn.com/2013/09/richard-seymour-says-no-way-when-asked-about-potential-return-to-patriots/

Some of Richard Seymour‘s best seasons were spent as a member of the New England Patriots. But don’t expect him back in a Patriots uniform anytime soon.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/09/richard-seymour-says-no-way-when-asked-about-potential-return-to-patriots/ Some of Richard Seymour‘s best seasons were spent as a member of the New England Patriots. But don’t expect him back in a Patriots uniform anytime soon. Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork suffered a season-ending Achilles injury on Sunday night, leading to speculation that Seymour could be fit for a return. As it turns out, he’s not in the least bit interested, according to Ron Borges of the Boston Herald. When asked about even the possibility of a return to the Patriots on Monday, Seymour responded with a laugh and simply said “no way.” Seymour, 33, is a seven-time Pro Bowler and five-time All-Pro selection. He spent his first eight seasons with the Patriots, winning three Super Bowls, after they selected him sixth overall in the 2001 NFL draft. He recorded 496 tackles and 57.5 sacks in his 12-year NFL career, the final years of which were spent with the Oakland Raiders.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/09/richard-seymour-says-no-way-when-asked-about-potential-return-to-patriots/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Clever use of words in your posted opinion but so few actual reasons or facts to support it. 

[/QUOTE]

When asked if he'd come back to the Patriots, where he was part of all three Super Bowl championship teams, Seymour chuckled, responding "No way." - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/09/richard_seymour_not_thinking_about_return_to_patriots#sthash.Atcl2DED.dpuf

That was 2 days ago. He's not coming back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Seymore laid down on us last time he was here. No thanks. Guy always was injured at the end of the season.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Consider this a brainstorming thread.  I read the articles but to me that is just posturing.

He's a free agent.  What he says to the press and what he says to his agent are 2 different things.  Put yourself in his shoes.  People evolve in their thinking all the time.  Its called a brain. 

I'm suggesting appeal to it.

Answer the other question.  How high is his stock?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It seems he has not responded to overtures from any team since he's currently unsigned.  He has the luxury of waiting until the legit contenders separate themselves from the pack.  Whatever happend in the old days could be forgotten if there were two parties willing to move past it.  I'm getting the sense that neither has moved on even though the Pats need a DT and Seymour needs a job.

It would be nice to see them "make nice" and have it be a win-win.  Assuming it is posturing, I doubt Seymour would play for incentives, and I doubt the Pats would overpay him.  So do you give him a decent base with reachable incentives?  If he's 75% of the Seymour that he used to be then he's still better than a lot DTs.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

How high is his stock? 

As high as a buyer is willing to pay. He's in the catbirds seat. He's rich, older, has rings and doesn't have to prove anything. How do you appeal to that? Hey Rich...are you bored? 

I get what you are saying but people do things for a reason. What reason does he have for a return assuming BB wants him? People generally are not logic driven no matter how smart they think they are it all comes down to emotions. You have to trigger an emotion with sey...what is it? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

How high is his stock? 

As high as a buyer is willing to pay. He's in the catbirds seat. He's rich, older, has rings and doesn't have to prove anything. How do you appeal to that? Hey Rich...are you bored? 

I get what you are saying but people do things for a reason. What reason does he have for a return assuming BB wants him? People generally are not logic driven no matter how smart they think they are it all comes down to emotions. You have to trigger an emotion with sey...what is it? 

Short of BB publicly groveling for him to come back and dumping a boatload of cash on him I don't think there is any trigger that will bring Seymour back to NE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

How high is his stock? 

Short of BB publicly groveling for him to come back and dumping a boatload of cash on him I don't think there is any trigger that will bring Seymour back to NE.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. And that ain't happening. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not sure if I'd call coolade's idea 'brainstorming'. More like just storming. Don't see much brain. 

Seymour ain't coming back for so many different reasons, many of them facts which coolade then dismisses as 'posturing'. 

How many couples who get divorced get remarried? Very, very few. Same deal here.

I'll add one more: he stinks now. Can't help us. Let...it...go

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I lost a ton of respect for him, his holdout, his laziness at the end, his entitlement, etc.  Once he resigned with Oakland for 14 million, it solidified what he wanted out of the league.

He was pretty much cooked as the Seymour we all knew by 2008. He lived off the name on his jersey for these last 4 years, which is what I said about what he was doing taking Al Davis to the cleaners.

It's why he was traded. He was looking for irrational contract numbers, BB tried to get him under contract all summer long in 2009 and then shipped him off, fleecing Al Davis.

It's Seymour's loss. I don't think he belongs in the HOF here, to be honest. He doesn't reflect a true Patriot, IMO.

At least when Ty Law was being all belligerent at the end, he was at the end of his career and BB was ready to move on anyway. He'd spent a decade here already. Seymour didn't quite to that point.

If Seymour wanted a ring, he'd have already called BB for a workout.  That simple. You can lead a horse to water, can't make him drink.

I agree with most of this, but he was also the guy who got hurt playing fullback, which he probably never should have been playing.  In some ways, at least in my recollection, that was when things went downhill between BB and RS. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seymour would play anywhere, including here, for $$$$

What does he have left, has he been staying in shape, how long will it take for him (or anyone off the street) to be game ready? I am thinking 2 weeks.

IMO the issue is not will Seymour come back, but the issue is why are the PAts in this pickle with no depth on the DL? THis should have been addressed when Armstead was PUP'd.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Seymour would play anywhere, including here, for $$$$

What does he have left, has he been staying in shape, how long will it take for him (or anyone off the street) to be game ready? I am thinking 2 weeks.

IMO the issue is not will Seymour come back, but the issue is why are the PAts in this pickle with no depth on the DL? THis should have been addressed when Armstead was PUP'd.  

IDK. I think he will sign anywhere for $$$$, even here. Whether he will play hard for BB on a consistent basis, I doubt. If he is still harboring ill-feelings towards BB, what is a better way for him to stick it to BB than signing for big dollars and not give BB the effort expected? I can see him showing some brilliance every now and then, to appear to the public that he is doing his part, but not keep the effort all throughout. This smells like an AD Thomas situation waiting to happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sey's contract this year would have been $19 if he played a certain amount of snaps last year. So the Raiders shutting him down last year after 8 games certainly had financial implications....

Sey is being paid $13m this year by the Raiders, so he isnt coming back for $$$, only for love of the game, pride or a ring.

Many here criticize him for not resigning with the Pats, but they had 100% leverage on his 6 year rookie contract, making it smart for him to play hard ball while he had leverage. It's not his fault the Raiders gave him a stupid contract. I will let others here argue if the Pats might have won additional SB's if they had paid Sey.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What about this guy being as anal as they come does anybody here not understand?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When you shaft my team, you hold out, you don't honor the deal you signed - you are dirt to me.

Seymour, Branch and Mankins are dirt in my eyes. I loathed Branch coming back. I will cheer the day Mankins is gone (in the meantime I hope he plays well).

Now you bastards know how I feel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sey's contract this year would have been $19 if he played a certain amount of snaps last year. So the Raiders shutting him down last year after 8 games certainly had financial implications....

Sey is being paid $13m this year by the Raiders, so he isnt coming back for $$$, only for love of the game, pride or a ring.

Many here criticize him for not resigning with the Pats, but they had 100% leverage on his 6 year rookie contract, making it smart for him to play hard ball while he had leverage. It's not his fault the Raiders gave him a stupid contract. I will let others here argue if the Pats might have won additional SB's if they had paid Sey.  

Umm, they COULD NOT pay him. It was Wilfork in 2010 or Seymour. BB chose Wilfork. Clearly, without question, based on where each was in their careers, that was the slam dunk move. By 2009, Wilfork was clearly more important than Seymour.

The only argument that could be made for Seymour is if BB kept him in 2009, and dealt Mankins after 2009 to avoid his 8 mil per price tag.

There was no possible way to sign Mankins, Wilfork, Brady and Seymour into the lockout. No possible way.

Please do your homework. It has nothing to do with being cheap, margins or whatever garbage the morons on the Felger and Mazz show constantly babble about there.

You don't get it, many of our own fans refuse to get it or want to learn it.  

Go look at why Pitt and the Giants are 0-4.  There's your answer.  

[/QUOTE]

that is 100% false...each contract could have been structured to fit. Of course it would have been at the expense of some other players, but each of those 4 could have fit...TB was willing to go along. Mankins, Vince and Sey each played hard ball because the Pats played hard ball. Each was in their own right to do so, and I begrudge no one for getting as much as they can. But there was certainly ways to get it done, both parties simply didnt get it done...

The reason why Sey is upset with the Pats (Mrs Sey much more than Sey) is because they never shook hands and said they could not get a deal done, thanks for your time...the Pats dealt him while he was still negotiating. As with Vince and Mankins and Wes, BB's way or the high way...which I have no problem with...

Again, I will leave it to others to debate if this cost the PAts additional SB's...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wonder if Kyle Love is sorry for burning bridges with the Patriots.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The reason why Sey is upset with the Pats (Mrs Sey much more than Sey) is because they never shook hands and said they could not get a deal done, thanks for your time...the Pats dealt him while he was still negotiating.

It seems "Seymour Road" is a one way street.

It's okay for him to hold out and not keep his word on the rookie contract, but BB trading him is somehow foul play and he is all miffed for eternity about it.

They guy never made all-pro again once he got his new extorted contract.

Screw him forever and a day.

Sections
Shortcuts