Ballard, Demps and Armstead = 3 missing draft picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Ballard, Demps and Armstead = 3 missing draft picks

ARE WE GOOD OR WHAT ????

Same topic !!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739220/3-players-to-fill-void-of-3-picks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am excited to see Demps take over the KR duties (not sure if he can handle punts they are a different skill set and he only returned 2 punts in his time at Florida). Not sure where he fits in at RB is Woodhead resigns though. Since the Patriots play mostly one RB, people already get frustrated when Ridley goes extended periods without getting a carry. Vereen, Woodhead and Demps are all third down types. How many do you need? Bolden would have to be gone. Five running backs with none of them being a FB is just too many.

Ballard is interesting as well. He has played one NFL season. The one year he played though, he had decent numbers (15.6 yards per reception and 4 TDs on 38 catches). As an TE, I think he is better than Hernandez. He cannot do as many different things, but he blocks better and is a better receiver when actually lined up at TE. Really though, how many three TE sets can you run? Does he mean that Hernandez will be mostly a slot player next year?

Armstead is the real wildcard. He could be the equivalent to a first or second draft pick. I am excited to see what he can do, but I am waiting to see him against NFL competition before I judge.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

TE, Ballard can be a LEGIT backup for gronk and/or a nightmare in 2 and 3 TE sets, imagine those 2 huge TE´s blocking + Oline

RB, Demps can really run and its a football player, not a track star trying to get cute and play football. He can take over PR and KR, and help on third down. (camp its gonna be soooo competitive for vareen, demps and woodhead)

DT, Armstead, looks good on video, probably will need some time. He could be like having another 3rd round pick (i´m not buying he is 1st or 2nd round material) This addition to the team, gives BB room to use the 1st rounder in a Pass rusher or DB.

THE REST OF THE EQUATION ??? Just do the same than last year...

1.- have another good defensive Draft, just like last year.

2.- bring a good WR to this team, Just like last year.

3.- Take care of your players, Talib, Welker and Vollmer and its done !!!!

Its not a flashy offseason, but a great one if you ask me...

Not sure how you sign Talib, Welker & Vollmer plus fill the other 15 open roster spots with $18M in cap room. Bringing in another receiver making anything more that $1-2M will be impossible at that point.