Ballard off PUP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Ballard off PUP

Passed his physical and ready for camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Ballard off PUP

I suspect Armstead will be off just as soon as his cardiologist says he's okay to go. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That was quick. 

Hope Edelman is next up.

Gronk may be on it into the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Mooney12's comment:

That your dog?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

that was quick.  News is prolly the best news the Patriots have had in a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

What is the reason for putting guys on the PUP list before camp starts if they are still waiting to be cleared to play? Any ideas?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I suspect Armstead will be off just as soon as his cardiologist says he's okay to go. 

I concur, I don't think BB would have cut all that beef if he wasn't 100% sure Armstead was good to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

RKrap exposed. 

As suggested, with some misinformation earlier today, you can come off a preseason PUP at any time. It's different than the regular season one.

Every year guys come in listed as PUPd due to an issue of some kind their battling so they are listed until put through the proper stages of tests to come off of it.

I don't know why people do all this handwringing every year, with whining or even troll induced style threads here.

how was I exposed? are you now saying he wasnt limping at OTA's? make up your mind...you said he wasnt, then you said he was, now you say he wasnt? typical...

so, what did you expose?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

What is the reason for putting guys on the PUP list before camp starts if they are still waiting to be cleared to play? Any ideas?

You can't put guys on PUP after they've practiced, so if you have any doubt at all, you go ahead and put them on it till they clear physicals.  It's just BB being careful . . . and typically smart. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

They were PUPd when they left from May.  They come in, but until examined and put through the physical and tests, they can't come off.

It's nothing more than a formality of sorts to make sure whatever they were rehabbing from is now not holding them back.

This is nothing new.

For example, Bolden tweaked an ankle lifting weights, but it wasn't enough for him to be listed as PUPd coming back from May mini camp.

Other aspects are guys like Boyce. He had a toe issue which everyone knew about but he was expected to be fine by late July, which is why he wasn't PUPd on arrival.

Stuff like that.  Some guys were held back due to offseason surgeries aka they're likely locks and didn't need to be put through the rigors of mini camp, but will be ready to go now (MCCourty, Connolly, probably Edelman - even PUPd on arrival this week).

Ummmm NO ONE was PUP'd when they left from May.

They were PUP'd TODAY! 

More misinformation from the miss info king QUEEN

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe considers TE Jake Ballard (knees, active/PUP) "not a lock" for the Patriots' final roster.

We didn't think he was, but there's a perception that Ballard will have a big role in New England's offense. It's unlikely. Volin observed "stiff" movement from Ballard in OTAs, which is in addition to fellow Pats beat writers describing him as "rigid" and "slogging." The Late Round QB's JJ Zachariason has compared Ballard's running ability to a cross between Cam Cleeland and a dad.   Source: Ben Volin on Twitter Jul 23 - 8:57 AM

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

You can't put guys on PUP after they've practiced, so if you have any doubt at all, you go ahead and put them on it till they clear physicals.  It's just BB being careful . . . and typically smart. 

Pezzy disagrees with you.  LMAO

BB doesn't dictate who he thinks should come in from minicamp in May and prove they're ready to go before assuming so.

How dare you speak truth and fact with the reality of the PUP approach and process within the rules!

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't get on the PUP list except now.  So if BB even had the slightest doubt about a guy's readiness to play, he'd want to go ahead and get the guy on the PUP.  Otherwise, come start of season, if the guy still wasn't ready, BB's only options would be to cut the player or put him on IR. The most flexible option is PUP, though, so why lose that option now and be forced to have only the two less desirable options later?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do you sit there and drink all by your lonesome all day?

Is your 152 IQ failing?

What you said is babble.

Perhaps you meant they were PUP'd as a result of injuries that occurred prior to May, but that's not what you said.  God only knows.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

BB doesn't dictate who he thinks should come in from minicamp in May and prove they're ready to go before assuming so.

How dare you speak truth and fact with the reality of the PUP approach and process within the rules!

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree at all with Pro.  He is correct. They are put on

PUP as a precaution and without that, and if they practice, they will not have the option of active pup.  This was cleared up earlier as I incorrectly related NFI to reserve PUP.

What I disagree with is your incoherent statement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

PUP as a precaution and without that, and if they practice, they will not have the option of active pup.  This was cleared up earlier as I incorrectly related NFI to reserve PUP.

Sure. Nice backpedal, Pezzy. My comments were the same as Pros and even came before he elaborated on his original comments. Everyone else knew exactly what I meant. I even gave other examples like Boyce's situation to show how each player's injury and rehab are at differing stages.

Funny, all the trolls seem to all have poor reading comprehension or claim I "lie" or have terrible football analysis.

Very interesting.

Your incoherent statement about them being PUP'd after May was nothing like Pro's.

May had nothing to do with it as all the injuries were prior to then and prior to OTA's.

You seem to confuse a lot of months with MAY, lately.

Ballard practiced in May but was slow and unspectacular.   The others did not.

I guess when your mind is all jumbled, sentences would be, too.

Drinking at noon every day will do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sure. Nice backpedal, Pezzy. My comments were the same as Pros and even came before he elaborated on his original comments. Everyone else knew exactly what I meant. I even gave other examples like Boyce's situation to show how each player's injury and rehab are at differing stages.

Funny, all the trolls seem to all have poor reading comprehension or claim I "lie" or have terrible football analysis.

Very interesting.

Your incoherent statement about them being PUP'd after May was nothing like Pro's.

May had nothing to do with it as all the injuries were prior to then and prior to OTA's.

You seem to confuse a lot of months with MAY, lately.

Ballard practiced in May but was slow and unspectacular.   The others did not.

I guess when your mind is all jumbled, sentences would be, too.

Drinking at noon every day will do that.

How is pointing out Ballard or Edelman unable to go for different reasons in OTAs or mini camp, "incoherent"?

Every year in May and June, there are guys with various ailments, who then report to camp as PUPd players who need to pass the tests and physical.

End of story. It's not everyone else's fault that you forget this or don't know a coach's options within the rules of preseason. You already showed above you did not know the different between preseason and regular season PUP, so you lose there. Don't lecture those who know more, as you show what you don't know because you look foolish.

BB is infamous for communicating a plan and how he wants injuries handled. He's usually very conservative and likes to have all options on the table.   I explained to Frank above why a player would be PUPd before anyone else did, too. Prolate did as well. Once I saw Prolate's retorts, I responded to his and supported it, because it's what I said as well.

Your arrogance to proclaim anything I wrote above as "incoherent" is a joke.

[/QUOTE]

I did not say I didn't know the difference between active and preseason pup.

Again, put down the bottle.

What I said was that I made the mistake of equating NON FOOTBALL ILLNESS to that of active pup.  Non Football ILLNESS is not a distinction commonly used.  In listing to Hart and Perillo today, they even admitted to never hearing it before.

That was cleared up immediately.

What is not clear and basically amounts to a  pile of doodoo is your equating anything that happened in May, to having any bearing on what happened today.

The fact is they were pup'd as a precaution because they are, or may not (not May but may not) be ready NOW.

May had nothing to do with it.  Neither did Christmas or even the 4th of July.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Stout Pit bull!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

That your dog?

[/QUOTE]

Nope but its beautiful

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow - one of the guys that was so disastrously placed on the PUP/NFI lists was removed!!!  Does this mean that the sky is falling just a little less now??

Sorry for the sarcasm, guys, but a huge deal was made out of absolutely nothing in the first place. This forum can transition into panic mode in the blink of an eye and the pre-season PUP/NFI list was a classic example.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

RKrap exposed. 

As suggested, with some misinformation earlier today, you can come off a preseason PUP at any time. It's different than the regular season one.

Every year guys come in listed as PUPd due to an issue of some kind their battling so they are listed until put through the proper stages of tests to come off of it.

I don't know why people do all this handwringing every year, with whining or even troll induced style threads here.

how was I exposed? are you now saying he wasnt limping at OTA's? make up your mind...you said he wasnt, then you said he was, now you say he wasnt? typical...

so, what did you expose?

YOu were acting like him not being at 100% in May meant he was doomed for July. That's how you're exposed.

BB stole Ballard from the Giants, stashed him on IR for us, paid his salary (good thing he did with regards to Hernandez now gone), and it will KILL YOU if Ballard's presence here pays off. Kill you.

So, you saw a still rehabbing Ballard in May and implied he was cooked.

Don't play coy. The entire board, minus your allies here, know your game.

are you senile? or simply insane?

I said at OTA's the guy was limping. you said he wasnt, that I was a liar. then every reporter slowly but surely said the same thing.

many reporters since OTA's said Ballard may be a long shot at the roster, even if healthy. I ever said any such thing

Ballard was PUP'd and you concured he was limping at OTA's, and might be a long shot. I never said a thing.

Ballard removed from PUP. I never said a thing. you said he wasnt limping at OTA's and I am exposed and playing coy?

what sane mind thinks these things up?

to set the record straight. I hope Ballard is an all pro. the Pats need him to perform well. the truth is he was an ok TE for 1 year, and 1 year only. we was always slow and lumbering, but had soft hands. he had micro fracture surgery. he hasnt played in 18 months. since he was slow to begin with, did the surgery cause him to lose another step he could not afford to lose? I have seen him in person 1 time at OTA's, he was not moving well....we will see Friday if he is moving better, and he has 4-5 weeks to show he is healed. I hope he is, but IMO until I see it, he is still no sure thing to be 100% regardless of PUP or not...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As far as Ballard making the roster, that I agree is still to be seen. There's been a lot of hype around Ballard because of the way he was acquired, but people forget he's a TE who basically spent his rookie year on the practice squad, then had just one solid year (22nd in number of receptions for a TE that year) which ended with him blowing out his knee.  He could very easily turn out to be one-year wonder, especially if the injury has any lasting effects on his speed, agilty, or ability to push off on the injured leg. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ballard, if healthy, will make this team.  

He is a slower, plodding, blocking tightend whether he's injured or not, we've always tried to carry one "block first," road paving tightend on the roster and he is it.  

Whether it was Cam Cleeland, Christian Fauria or Kyle Brady, having a tightend who excels in the run game as an extra offensive lineman, who also has soft hands and is tall thereby effective around the goal line is a great thing.  

Many fans here only look at a potential receiver's ability to affect the passing game and fantasy football statistics in general, but the reality is that without blocking everything else breaks down.  

There are always a whole bunch of "nobodies" who help teams win Super Bowls every season, they don't get acclaim, they don't get huge contracts or always have long careers, but without them winning wouldn't be possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Ballard, if healthy, will make this team.  

He is a slower, plodding, blocking tightend whether he's injured or not, we've always tried to carry one "block first," road paving tightend on the roster and he is it.  

Whether it was Cam Cleeland, Christian Fauria or Kyle Brady, having a tightend who excels in the run game as an extra offensive lineman, who also has soft hands and is tall thereby effective around the goal line is a great thing.  

Many fans here only look at a potential receiver's ability to affect the passing game and fantasy football statistics in general, but the reality is that without blocking everything else breaks down.  

There are always a whole bunch of "nobodies" who help teams win Super Bowls every season, they don't get acclaim, they don't get huge contracts or always have long careers, but without them winning wouldn't be possible.

Possibly, but he's got competition as a blocker too.  They kept a lot of TEs last year because the TEs were key receivers. They really don't need a ton of blocking TEs. BB generally kept three TEs back in the Super Bowl years.  He's gone to four or five only because the TEs are so critical as receivers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Possibly, but he's got competition as a blocker too.  They kept a lot of TEs last year because the TEs were key receivers. They really don't need a ton of blocking TEs. BB generally kept three TEs back in the Super Bowl years.  He's gone to four or five only because the TEs are so critical as receivers.

The Patriot's started carrying more tightends when they unofficially phased out fullbacks after Heath Evans left in 2008.  Hernandez arrived in 2010, and while everyone loves calling him a tightend, he is no different from Keith Byers or Larry Centers in that he was a receiving fullback.  

If you add up all the fullbacks and tightends of years past it will equal the amount of tightends we carried last year.  

Only during 2008 through O'Brien's tenure did we get dangerously thin at blocking and not surprisingly our running and overall offensive toughness suffered, we are currently trying to regain that toughness lost, thus the signing of Ballard, Fells, Huey, Sudfeld and the rest.  If Ballard doesn't make it, it will be because BB thinks Sudfeld can do a comparable job for less money and money always plays into every football related decision.  

We had this same and/or similar conversations last off season and season's prior where Truechamp and I insisted this change in philosophy was happening, that we would see more power formations, more I formation, more tightends and we would run substantially more... at the time we were told it was bonkers because Tom Brady is our best player and "why would you take the ball out of your best players hands..." but in the end we were right, 2nd overall in rushing attempts in the entire NFL was the proof.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wozzy, dont forget possibly the best one....Crump!