Ballard Underwheling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Ballard Underwheling?

Well, if Ballard is performing as well as expected by the coaches, there would be no reason to really put him on the PUP. They'll have to get rid of a different TE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Welker came back in 6 months, Brady 1 year (including infection) and this guy's going on a Year and a half.  I'm no Dr. Oz but I did stay at a Staybridge once, which is owned by Holiday Inn, and I'd say he done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Welker came back in 6 months, Brady 1 year (including infection) and this guy's going on a Year and a half.  I'm no Dr. Oz but I did stay at a Staybridge once, which is owned by Holiday Inn, and I'd say he done.

well, that's what i was thinking when I started this thread.  Some folks think that Ballard has performed well enough to warrant making this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I have a question. If Ballard may be just as far away from looking good as Gronk is and there is talk of Pup for Ballard and maybe Gronk coming back in week 4, I dont get why we keep Ballard. I mean isnt he supposed to help fill gronks blocking role? If Gronk is Healthy, where does Ballard fit in? Fells can block too and is much better at catching. Is fells is hurt now too?

Gronk, Suds, Fells, Hooman(fb/te) Develin(fb),. How many we need?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

When Ballard stated a couple of weeks ago, that the extensive surgery on his knee left him with so much permanent nerve damage to the knee, that he no longer had any feeling in it... that's when I began to think he may not stick. Isn't running with a knee without feeling like eating after you have had novacain? You can see Ballard ain't right. If they aren't ready to give up on him the PUP buys a bit more time to see if he can ever fully recover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I have a question. If Ballard may be just as far away from looking good as Gronk is and there is talk of Pup for Ballard and maybe Gronk coming back in week 4, I dont get why we keep Ballard. I mean isnt he supposed to help fill gronks blocking role? If Gronk is Healthy, where does Ballard fit in? Fells can block too and is much better at catching. Is fells is hurt now too?

Gronk, Suds, Fells, Hooman(fb/te) Develin(fb),. How many we need?

I was thinking more about having Ballard complement Gronk being on the field at the same time. Ballard for blocking, Gronk as an eligible receiver. Will opponents think pass or run?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

When Ballard stated a couple of weeks ago, that the extensive surgery on his knee left him with so much permanent nerve damage to the knee, that he no longer had any feeling in it... that's when I began to think he may not stick. Isn't running with a knee without feeling like eating after you have had novacain? You can see Ballard ain't right. If they aren't ready to give up on him the PUP buys a bit more time to see if he can ever fully recover.

I had not read that. Was that just a rumor or is there a published link?  Thanks for posting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Either way, He should be done. If not, its because we are desperate,. We shouldnt have a TE that we are counting on , hobbling around on one leg with 2 weeks to start the season. He hasnt even been targeted in the passing game. Pats are just giving him a chance, which is fair, but Im concerned right now. This means we need to run more 3 WR sets and count on the rooks and our run game may suffer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

I had not read that. Was that just a rumor or is there a published link?  Thanks for posting

I do not recall the specific blog. Here is one that gives the gist of it though. The microfracture surgery is extensive and it's what's really set him back.

http://nwe.scout.com/2/1311069.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I do not recall the specific blog. Here is one that gives the gist of it though. The microfracture surgery is extensive and it's what's really set him back.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, did not ever see or hear about this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks.  Yep, some interesting bits of information in the link.