Balt. better O line, D line, WRs, DB's, Returner than pats, Why they won.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Balt. better O line, D line, WRs, DB's, Returner than pats, Why they won.

weve got areas we have to improve through draft and fa. to get to promised land

newsome gm been kicking our @ss.

specifically need big outside wr who can separate (draft)

pass rusher to complement jones (no pressure against better o line like ravens)

big cb to go along with talib, dennard, dowling.

cover lineabcker

improve o line runblock/and passblock

luxury ss upgrade who cna also cover (cnat have safeties in current nfl who cant cover even ss)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Balt. better O line, D line, WRs, DB's, Returner than pats, Why they won.

So pretty much improve everything but QB, RB, and TE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think those are the areas. TB needs a beefier o-line to protect him since he's not very mobile outside the pocket.

and i would like a couple megatron type WRs to go with out big TEs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

I think those are the areas. TB needs a beefier o-line to protect him since he's not very mobile outside the pocket.

Why do people keep saying this like there's an abundance of them in the NFL? You'd be lucky just to have one, let alone a couple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Quite an astute observation. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Why do people keep saying this like there's an abundance of them in the NFL? You'd be lucky just to have one, let alone a couple.

ever hear of the draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

ever hear of the draft?

Yeah, I have. How many have come by the 29th pick or later?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

ever hear of the draft?

how about #199? remember Ton Brady?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Ravens have a good team around a good Flacco. We have a MEDIOCRE team around a great Brady. That puts both teams in the mix and the Ravens happened to pull it off this time. We almost pulled it off last time.

But if you want a high chance to pull it off put a good team around a great Brady. If that had been the case we probably would have at least 4 Lombardis since 2005 and would be talked of as the greatest dynasty by far in the history of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

ever hear of the draft?

how about #199? remember Ton Brady?

Brady Is the biggest draft steal in NFL history. You don't go into draft expecting to find your next franchise Qb or Calvin Johnson type WR in the sixth round

There are more Qb busts in the 6th round than hits.

same thing with WR. For every TO there's like 30 Chad Jackson's. And most of the late WRs take time to develop. Unless the Pats are eextremely lucky, you're not going to find a "couple of Megatron type WRs" that late in draft. If they do, it's even more unlikely they're rookie contributors. There's a reason why the Falcons gave up so much to get Julio...those WRs are rare

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Flacco was the better quarterback on that day, too. Not saying he is better than Brady, but he was very much better in that game. It did not help that Gronk was out and Talib got hurt. Pats were dominating the game for the first 20 minutes, the offense should have put up more than 13 points in that half. Once Talib went down, the defense was cooked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the Pats had simply played better (which everyone agrees they didn't exaxtly bring their A game against the Ravens) would this be a topic?  Ravens were hot at the right time and the Pats got deflated at the wrong time.  What were your feelings in that game at halftime?  The Ravens were better then too or only AFTER the game?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

ever hear of the draft?

If the draft is so fruitful, why doesn't every NFL team have two wide receivers each with at least 2,000 yards receiving? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

weve got areas we have to improve through draft and fa. to get to promised land

newsome gm been kicking our @ss.

specifically need big outside wr who can separate (draft)

pass rusher to complement jones (no pressure against better o line like ravens)

big cb to go along with talib, dennard, dowling.

cover lineabcker

improve o line runblock/and passblock

luxury ss upgrade who cna also cover (cnat have safeties in current nfl who cant cover even ss)

To me, it's the complement to VW that is the missing link. Ninkovich was slightly more productive than Jones. What they need is another guy inside who either has the strength or athleticism that would force the opposing OLine to decide who to double team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

ever hear of the draft?

u ain't finding another calvin johnson in the draft so forget about it

and bellichick isnt that good at drafting WR anyway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

If the Pats had simply played better (which everyone agrees they didn't exaxtly bring their A game against the Ravens) would this be a topic?  Ravens were hot at the right time and the Pats got deflated at the wrong time.  What were your feelings in that game at halftime?  The Ravens were better then too or only AFTER the game?

no the ravens just  beat the pats a**...stop the rationalizing and silly nonsense and tip ur cap to the opponent ie: the better team

typical pats fan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ravens played much better than the Pats in 2nd half (same with Giants in the two SBs). They executed better and won.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To the team's needs, the O line is one of the best in the league. Could it be better?  Of course but it doesn't need an overhaul.  D-line could use an inside pass rusher and some depth.  Deep threat wideouts aren't stocked in a supply closet.  The team could use a deep threat but to suggest that it's just a matter of going out and finding the next Megatron is a bit of a reach.  Hardly a news flash that a strong safety and a cover corner would signficantly beef up the D.  

Now to this ongoing, never-ending, self-flagellating, and to my way of thinking, pointless analysis of the why the Pats got their a$$es kicked by the Ravens:  The Ravens got hot at the right time, came into the AFCCG on a roll and outplayed the Pats in the second half badly in every phase of the game.  Pats O sputtered in the Ravens end of the field.  Ravens O in the second half put the ball in Flacco's hands and he produced.   It is no more complicated than that.  Was there a talent mismatch in the secondary?  Anyone who's ever watched a football game with his or her eyes open could see that.  Did Flacco outplay Brady in this game?  As a matter of fact he did.

Rant complete.  Thank you.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Yep we know, you've been saying this for years.

I have?  Then I'd best shut up and stop repeating myself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think getting a good look at the Ravens throughout the season and playoffs - they had better recievers than us and a better group of runners. Rice is pretty special and it really helps their offense, then they bring in this young kid off the bench and there isn't a drop off...just a nice change of pace. So yeah, they're better there. Their recievers caught balls that not a lot of guys could get to - I don't know off the top of my head the size of these guys, but they all looked pretty big.

I'd say their secondary is better, but I'd say their front seven (at least with thier age and injuries) was even with ours. Here's the thing though - we are/were young and healthy at that spot - they were old and injured...yet I'd say we were pretty much the same. If Suggs and Haloti Ngata were healthy, it would of been a different story. Then again we didn't have Jones.

To say Flacco outplayed Brady would be an understatement. He did have outstanding protection and his skill players did make play after play, around him, but he was outstanding nontheless. He also had a better running game as well, but Flacco made plays. He kept drives alive that I didn't think he would be able to. There were times during the playoffs where he was so accurate that I didn't think anyone could beat him. I was totally wrong about him - I thought he was a third tier QB. Wrong.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Sorry ATJ, wasn't talking about you. Your one of good guys here.

Hey look, if the shoe fits and if I deserve a kick in the pants let me have it.  I've probably rambled a time or two.  But thanks and stay safe.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

ever hear of the draft?

A couple drafts ago we could've had wr D. Thomas (Denver) or Dez Braynt (Dallas) but BB kept trading down and we ended up with McCourty.