Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!

Pretty funny!

4 of 6 sports writers from Baltimore Sun pick their own team to loose. Wow, that's confidence. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravenspick02oct02,0,2157258.story

Judging by the quality of the posts put up by raven knuckleheads in this forum, I'm surprised there's 4 intelligent people in all of ballimer. 

Those 4 must commute from out of town.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!

Just goes to show you the Baltimore sports writers are among the most intelligent in the country.....Unlike their fans

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Smart writers!  They will get more respect if they choose based on facts rather than some hometown bias.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!:
    Pretty funny! 4 of 6 sports writers from Baltimore Sun pick their own team to loose. Wow, that's confidence. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravenspick02oct02,0,2157258.story Judging by the quality of the posts put up by raven knuckleheads in this forum, I'm surprised there's 4 intelligent people in all of ballimer.  Those 4 must commute from out of town.
    Posted by unclealfie

Hey Pats fans!

Why don't you go pahk yo cah at hahvahd yahd!

The Baltimore Sun writers are a bunch of morons. They're not Ravens fans, they just happen to work in Baltimore. You're talking about a bunch of morons who support the O's that are a horrible team, but will rip the Ravens who are among the elite of the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

PK, why is it that the professionals from your city, the people who are paid to do nothing but watch, listen and speak about sports pick the Pats? Are you smarter then they are? 
    I mentioned this same thing this afternoon and you and Samic both chose to ignore it. I'll give you one thing, at least you don't try to throw bogus stats at us like Samic because he hasn't gotten one right yet today. You just throw everyone from Baltimore under the bus and insult people from Boston.

Nice post though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Went to a Ravens game years ago at Memorial Stadium.  Place was packed with drunks, all shapes, sizes, ethnic persuasions, male, female - but really not a true football fan in the bunch.  Now, I enjoy a good scrum as well as the next guy, but this place was in full riot mode, fights everywhere, the stadium, the parking lot, the concession stand.  You know how dogs tend to look like their owners, I think fans tend to mimick their team, an undisciplined bunch that got whipped that day and will this Sunday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!:
    In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Hey Pats fans! Why don't you go pahk yo cah at hahvahd yahd! The Baltimore Sun writers are a bunch of morons. They're not Ravens fans, they just happen to work in Baltimore. You're talking about a bunch of morons who support the O's that are a horrible team, but will rip the Ravens who are among the elite of the NFL.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Yeah, my accent was horrible before I moved to Illinois.

You may be right about the sportswriters, but I have to take issue on the "elite' comment.  In order to be elite, I think a team needs to constistently successful.  The Ravens are excellent now, so far, but they have not been inconsistent.  Colts and Pats have been elite, IMO.  Maybe a case for the Giants.  I can't think of any other teams that have been winning regularly the past 10 years or so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

hey... koolaid on sunday while ur eating ur kidney stew the patriots will be beating the bejesus out of ur wannabe elite team ravens.. the ravens are a pethetic excuse for a quality football team. after were done doing so we wont have to deal with ur annoying little stupid rediculous comments.. count on it!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The question is why.  Here's one reason.  To quote the Baltimore Sun,

"Injuries to other teams' starters have been one of the reasons the Ravens sit atop the AFC North.

In the season opener, the Kansas City Chiefs played without their quarterback (Matt Cassel) and a cornerback (Brandon Flowers). In Week 2, the San Diego Chargers didn't have their running back (LaDainian Tomlinson), two offensive linemen (Nick Hardwick and Louis Vasquez) and a nose tackle ( Jamal Williams).

Last Sunday, the Cleveland Browns looked even more lost without their top running back ( Jamal Lewis), right guard ( Floyd Womack) and kicker ( Phil Dawson).

After three weeks, Ravens opponents have had nine starters sidelined while the Ravens have had the same starting lineup every time."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

This just in - The Pats Will Lose

The game line for Ravens - Pats is just 1 1/5 and getting thiner by the minute. Usually the home team gets automatic line of 3 because of the home field advantage, but considering the talent and prolific Ravens offense and legendary defense, people have come to realize if not a tossup this is leaning toward the Ravens. The pundits will be jumping off the NE bandwagon after this game, if they haven't already done so. One can already hear excuses being made about Brady's knee and his receivers coming back from injuries, and injuries in the secondary.

P.S Does anyone know where I can get an 18-1 T-shirt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Hey Pats fans! Why don't you go pahk yo cah at hahvahd yahd! The Baltimore Sun writers are a bunch of morons. They're not Ravens fans, they just happen to work in Baltimore. You're talking about a bunch of morons who support the O's that are a horrible team, but will rip the Ravens who are among the elite of the NFL.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Hey, Koolaid...  as I have seen here, when writers/pundits do not toe the line and keep to their home team as a winner, the fans, like yourself, call them non-fans, morons and the like.  Are the Ravens among the "elite", don't know if you can make that claim yet only three weeks into the season given who they have played to date.  They are a good team that has started this season very well, easily handling weaker competition, something you'd expect from a good team.  This game will be a good test for them.  Last week, the Pats faced a Falcons team a number of writers/pundits picked to beat the Pats in the Razor and we know that result.   This should be a good game.  Whoever executes wins...  I think the Pats have the edge in this game, homefield and a D that is actually better than you may think!  They shut Ryan down quite well and Flacco is in the same elements...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

PK, you should spend a little more time reading your own cities writers before you start trouble trolling. Actually, I don't know why I'm even sending this. After reading the last few posts I'm sure you're out changing the oil in your car or anything but getting slammed here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Elite!! Elite?? Excuse me, but I believe that you actually have to win something to even talk about being elite. Your ravens  haven't even had a sniff at a SB since 2000, while the Patriots have won 3 in that same time period. That's what elite means, knucklehead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

PK, you should spend a little more time reading your own cities writers before you start trouble trolling. Actually, I don't know why I'm even sending this. After reading the last few posts I'm sure you're out changing the oil in your car or anything but getting slammed here.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam, i think he must be related to leon. they both seem to enjoy being dumped on. i'm sure he'll be back at least up until sunday, then we'll never hear from him again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Yeah, my accent was horrible before I moved to Illinois. You may be right about the sportswriters, but I have to take issue on the "elite' comment.  In order to be elite, I think a team needs to constistently successful.  The Ravens are excellent now, so far, but they have not been inconsistent.  Colts and Pats have been elite, IMO.  Maybe a case for the Giants.  I can't think of any other teams that have been winning regularly the past 10 years or so.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

You mean getting to the AFC Championship, and following up with 34PPG does and blowing teams away, having the best defense of the decade and the top 2 offense this year, does not make you an elite team? Ok you got me. Having a (*) by your Superbowl wins does not make your team elite either. Ask Kurt Warner and the rest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Elite!! Elite?? Excuse me, but I believe that you actually have to win something to even talk about being elite. Your ravens  haven't even had a sniff at a SB since 2000, while the Patriots have won 3 in that same time period. That's what elite means, knucklehead.
    Posted by unclealfie

Isn't funny how those 3 Superbowls were won by a 3 point margin, despite the fact that "The Grinch who stole Xmas" spygated the heck out of those teams?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Isn't funny how those 3 Superbowls were won by a 3 point margin, despite the fact that "The Grinch who stole Xmas" spygated the heck out of those teams?
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

You've just lowered yourself into "troll" hell.  You couldn't keep your post to football and why your Ravens will win...  had to reference "spygate" and use the cheater words..   well, either way, be it 3 points or one point, the Pats do have THREE SB wins since the Ravens last went to the SB.  A heck of a lot more success to be considered "elite" than the Ravens this decade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

• Isn't it funny how the Ravens can't keep up with the big dogs.
    • Lost 3 times to the same team in the same season 2008 (Pitt).LMFAO.I forgot that was possible.
    • NEVER beat the Pats.
    • Lost to Colts 31-3 2008 and 44-20 2007
    • Now that's funny.Baltimore is a second level team.Good,not great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Hey Bill just took some pictures. Its not like he killed anyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

WOW!  cow just dominated!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

We have certainly met some interesting trolls from the Baltimore contingent this week, and it's been a lot of fun, but in their defense -- what do you expect them to do? Come in here and roll over? They believe the Ravens will win because that's what fans do -- they believe wildly improbable things will happen for no better reason than because . . .  well . . .  they believe it. I don't read any Baltimore papers, so I have no way of knowing if their sports writers have a clue or not, but it's kind of funny to come in here and see the same people who blast Ryan and Shaughnessy on a regular basis using out-of-town sports writers' opinions as a prop for their arguments. I am as confident that the Pats are going to win as I am that these wacky Ravens fans who have been so quietly amusing all week will never be heard from again come around about 3:00 p.m. (CST) this Sunday -- and I certainly don't need some hack's opinion (from either city) to bolster what I already believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Yea, well I just saw Bob Ryan on PTI give the Pats a 44% chance of winning, only because they're home.

Who the F cares what the writers say.. we'll see on Sunday... and I am putting my money on the Patriots...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from theravenator. Show theravenator's posts

In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!:
    Pretty funny! 4 of 6 sports writers from Baltimore Sun pick their own team to loose. Wow, that's confidence. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravenspick02oct02,0,2157258.story Judging by the quality of the posts put up by raven knuckleheads in this forum, I'm surprised there's 4 intelligent people in all of ballimer.  Those 4 must commute from out of town.
    Posted by unclealfie

Greetings to all you Patriot fans! First time flyer from the Ravens Nest, just arrived by way of the "FLAC-ATTACK EXPRESS", not here to "bash" fellow football affecionado's.....just to pay my respects and wish you the best this comming Sunday. No doubt two super bowl caliber teams, one elite team....the Patriots, and the other up and comming, soon to be an elite team.....my beloved Rayvens, will play all out smash mouth football on Sunday that will make fans of both teams proud. Life's to short to be mean and nasty to each other.....not life and death, like 9/11 and our brave soldiers fighting and dieing in Iraq and Afganistan to uphold our rigts as free citizens of this great free country of ours. Not about losing someone dearly loved to cancer (lost my wife to breast cancer, Dec. 25, 2006.......so please give to the breast cancer foundation, as this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ..............it's a game. So let's all just get along and play nice. Again......good luck on Sunday. (from someone who is not a knucklehead)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Now that's putting things in perspective... !

In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Greetings to all you Patriot fans! First time flyer from the Ravens Nest, just arrived by way of the "FLAC-ATTACK EXPRESS", not here to "bash" fellow football affecionado's.....just to pay my respects and wish you the best this comming Sunday. No doubt two super bowl caliber teams, one elite team....the Patriots, and the other up and comming, soon to be an elite team.....my beloved Rayvens, will play all out smash mouth football on Sunday that will make fans of both teams proud. Life's to short to be mean and nasty to each other.....not life and death, like 9/11 and our brave soldiers fighting and dieing in Iraq and Afganistan to uphold our rigts as free citizens of this great free country of ours. Not about losing someone dearly loved to cancer (lost my wife to breast cancer, Dec. 25, 2006.......so please give to the breast cancer foundation, as this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ..............it's a game. So let's all just get along and play nice. Again......good luck on Sunday. (from someone who is not a knucklehead)
    Posted by theravenator

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I can respect any fan who comes on and keeps it to football and not cities, politics, spygate like this ravenator guy but when trolls come on and do nothing but try to use bogus stats like samic, throw out personal threats like ravenmad acting like Leonitus bringing his 10,000 into the razor, bmorecityboy saying I don't know what because he can't write or most of all Leon being Leon. It just makes the fans from that team look like idiots.

That being said I still believe the Pats break out this week and show some of what they had in 07 and Flacco will be just as confused as Ryan was last week. TOP will dictate and the more the Ravens go three and out the more the Pats are going to open this up.

Good post ravenator but Pats 38-21 

Sections
Shortcuts