Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!

In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win!:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I don't know why I'm even sending this. After reading the last few posts I'm sure you're out changing the oil in your car or anything but getting slammed here.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    I've got two old Hondas and they'll keep running forever if I change the oil frequently. 

I don't know why you sent this either.  You desire to slam someone for nothing more than quoting the Baltimore Sun, for the edification of the readers.  Go to the source and slam the Sun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]Went to a Ravens game years ago at Memorial Stadium.  Place was packed with drunks, all shapes, sizes, ethnic persuasions, male, female - but really not a true football fan in the bunch.  Now, I enjoy a good scrum as well as the next guy, but this place was in full riot mode, fights everywhere, the stadium, the parking lot, the concession stand.  You know how dogs tend to look like their owners, I think fans tend to mimick their team, an undisciplined bunch that got whipped that day and will this Sunday.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

Dude. What you just wrote is the most ignorant remark I've ever heard. Football fans don't differ much from one city to another. Somehow because you are a Pats fan that is supposed to put you in some kind of blue-blood class of society is pathetic and laughable. By your logic I should compare you to cheater you have for a head coach?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]PK, why is it that the professionals from your city, the people who are paid to do nothing but watch, listen and speak about sports pick the Pats? Are you smarter then they are?  I mentioned this same thing this afternoon and you and Samic both chose to ignore it. I'll give you one thing, at least you don't try to throw bogus stats at us like Samic because he hasn't gotten one right yet today. You just throw everyone from Baltimore under the bus and insult people from Boston. Nice post though
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

The Baltimore Sun is a horrible paper. Ask anyone in Baltimore. These are the same people who picked San Diego to win over the Ravens, and we saw what happened. Why do they do that? I don't know, but I know that they get no respect from the city of Baltimore because of it. I'm not saying you have to be unreasonable, but the least they could do, even if forced, is to support the hometown team, especially when they actually might have a better than a 50-50 chance to win. Of course the game has to be played first; however it's  not unreasonable to pick the Ravens to win. It's sad when you have Sun writers that are probably Steelers fans. It's hard not to question their motives. I didn't see anyone from the Globe come out and pick the Ravens, even though it would probably make sense. This is not about being smarter than them, because real sports experts with real resumes are actually picking the Ravens to win. Again, nobody will know until the game is played, but the least these pieces of manure could do is cator to the city that feeds them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Dude. What you just wrote is the most ignorant remark I've ever heard. Football fans don't differ much from one city to another. Somehow because you are a Pats fan that is supposed to put you in some kind of blue-blood class of society is pathetic and laughable. By your logic I should compare you to cheater you have for a head coach?
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,spygate was the reason you NEVER beat the Patriots,lost 3 times to the same team in the same year 2008 Pitt,and lost to the Colts 31-3 in 2008 and 44-20 in 2007. BTW Belechick helped your coach get his job.He put in a few good words when your team's owner consulted BB about who he should hire.Don't believe me,look it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : You mean getting to the AFC Championship, and following up with 34PPG does and blowing teams away, having the best defense of the decade and the top 2 offense this year, does not make you an elite team? Ok you got me. Having a (*) by your Superbowl wins does not make your team elite either. Ask Kurt Warner and the rest.
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean. You have the looser's mentallity. Winners do not measure success by "getting to the AFC championship", padding their stats against lowlife teams such as cleveland and KC or bragging about their "top 2 offense" 3 games into the season. Success in New England comes from one thing only and that's super bowl championships. The fact that you don't even realize that tells me that you're  a total poser and not even a decent ravens fan.
    Our board has a great feature called the ignore user button. Consider yourself ignored from this point on, knucklehead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ormsfang. Show Ormsfang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : You mean getting to the AFC Championship, and following up with 34PPG does and blowing teams away, having the best defense of the decade and the top 2 offense this year, does not make you an elite team? Ok you got me. Having a (*) by your Superbowl wins does not make your team elite either. Ask Kurt Warner and the rest.

Umm, there is no "*" next to any of our superbowl wins anywhere but in your mind. You have a top offense in scoring...so far, but look at who you faced.  Two crappy teams and a SD team that is mediocre at best and who was without their nose tackle, and several starters on offense. Your team has not faced a challenge yet. Best defense of the decade?  For sure it has been good, but it hasn't gotten you anywhere, has it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: This just in - The Pats Will Lose

In Response to This just in - The Pats Will Lose:
    [QUOTE]The game line for Ravens - Pats is just 1 1/5 and getting thiner by the minute. Usually the home team gets automatic line of 3 because of the home field advantage, but considering the talent and prolific Ravens offense and legendary defense, people have come to realize if not a tossup this is leaning toward the Ravens. The pundits will be jumping off the NE bandwagon after this game, if they haven't already done so. One can already hear excuses being made about Brady's knee and his receivers coming back from injuries, and injuries in the secondary. P.S Does anyone know where I can get an 18-1 T-shirt?

They are in the bin next to the 5-11 t-shirts. 

'Elite'. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Baltimore sports writers pick Pats to win! : Greetings to all you Patriot fans! First time flyer from the Ravens Nest, just arrived by way of the "FLAC-ATTACK EXPRESS", not here to "bash" fellow football affecionado's.....just to pay my respects and wish you the best this comming Sunday. No doubt two super bowl caliber teams, one elite team....the Patriots, and the other up and comming, soon to be an elite team.....my beloved Rayvens, will play all out smash mouth football on Sunday that will make fans of both teams proud. Life's to short to be mean and nasty to each other.....not life and death, like 9/11 and our brave soldiers fighting and dieing in Iraq and Afganistan to uphold our rigts as free citizens of this great free country of ours. Not about losing someone dearly loved to cancer (lost my wife to breast cancer, Dec. 25, 2006.......so please give to the breast cancer foundation, as this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ..............it's a game. So let's all just get along and play nice. Again......good luck on Sunday. (from someone who is not a knucklehead)
    Posted by theravenator[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from a fan with perspective. It should be a good game today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

They're trying to jinx the Pats.  Leave the overconfident and brash remarks to the trolls.

We have Welker and Moss both active - we'll see what happens.