Baltimore targeting Edelman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Baltimore targeting Edelman

YAWN! Boyce, and even Amendola, > Edelman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The slower movement on Edelman getting a deal only proves what I've been saying all along--that he's not the talent people here say he is.  He's an average slot receiver whose stats were inflated because of the Pats's scheme last year, the QB he had throwing to him, and--most important--the fact that he was often nearly the only option to throw to.

I'd like to see the Pats re-sign him because he's nice depth and he's a good punt returner, but the Pats would be a much better team with better #1 and #2 receivers than Edelman. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

After Edelman turned down our offer i would have thought he signed already....does he have Welkers agent?

I don't believe the market for him is that strong.  A lot of teams may be interested, but I bet they're not offering all that much money (if they were I think a deal would have been signed already).  He's an excellent depth guy and good punt returner, but he's not a number one or two receiver. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Could be that the market is not as strong, or maybe other teams don't want to be used solely as leverage against the Patriots, because they think he'll eventually sign with them.

But Ravens, Browns, and now SF showing interest along with the Patriots. He may not get what he imagined, but he'll get a h*ll of a lot more than ever would be projected on a average college-QB turned KR/PR and slot receiver.

He'll get what he is worth, either here or some other place. Personally I want him back, because 1) I think he's a decent player, 2) he has tons of heart, 3) is currently the (healthy) receiver with the best chemistry with Brady, and 4) IMO he has quietly turned into a veteran leader in the lockerroom.

Can his production be replaced? Probably. Can his prescense/leadership among the WR's be replaced with a FA? Maybe not as easily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Could be that the market is not as strong, or maybe other teams don't want to be used solely as leverage against the Patriots, because they think he'll eventually sign with them.

But Ravens, Browns, and now SF showing interest along with the Patriots. He may not get what he imagined, but he'll get a h*ll of a lot more than ever would be projected on a average college-QB turned KR/PR and slot receiver.

He'll get what he is worth, either here or some other place. Personally I want him back, because 1) I think he's a decent player, 2) he has tons of heart, 3) is currently the (healthy) receiver with the best chemistry with Brady, and 4) IMO he has quietly turned into a veteran leader in the lockerroom.

Can his production be replaced? Probably. Can his prescense/leadership among the WR's be replaced with a FA? Maybe not as easily.

No, stop telling yourself what you KNOW isn't true. Last season for Brady only had faith in Edelman due to having worked with him for half a decade. Everyone else on the roster was a first year guy and Brady wasn't clicking with them.

Edelman got opened a lot due to picks and Brady putting the ball where he thought only Edelman could get it. Edelman IS NOT a good WR, he's below average, but benefits from having the legendary Tom Brady throw to him.

Next season, with Brady having a full offseason to work with guys like Boyce and Amendola, Edelman will be lucky to catch 30 balls.

Sections
Shortcuts