Baltimore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Baltimore

You tackle the guy with the football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

The years we won the super bowls we had a top notch defense.  Our D is getting better but its not going to win us every game like last week.  I remeber 06 without deion branch and I honestly think its going to be hard to pass to welker and dink and dunk if we want to stay in the ball game.   Its going to take a few games to gel I think.  Moss was on his down slope but brady is so used to spread offense that its going to be tough with no real deep threat.   We dont have a corey dillon or a A smith who can pound the ball. This team is young and I am excited about them and never give up hope.  Just feel like this could be a long season...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Same way we did last year.... Heavy blitzes on flacco, get him confused... I mean the reg. season, and not the playoffs where the pats didnt feel like showing up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

The Pats D is better versus the run than the pass this year. This game will see if they improved versus the run from 2009.

The Pats should (in theory) use a 4-man front to stop the run. Rice or McGahee could have a great day running/catching versus the Pats sub-packages.

The Pats had more time to scheme and practice so lets see if the team can keep momentum after the Miami game and the first game without Moss.

GO PATS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The Pats will contain the running game. They just need to get some pressure on Flacco. Flacco has shown a propensity for throwing the ball up for grabs. I look for the Pats to grab a couple more picks in this game and control the ball on offense. We're at home, coming of a bye week and should be able to pull this one out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Any given Sunday right?  However, it is going to be very tough to beat the Ravens this week.  That's just my opinion but the Ravens seem to be an upgrade from last year's group and that ain't good for the PATS.  I hope for the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It starts and ends with Wilfork.  If he gets dominated again they will run all over us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Putting the game in Flaaco's hands is key.  He's never played well against the Pats.  So if the defense focuses on the run and the offense gets us the lead the Pats should be okay with Flaaco going to the air.

Fixing the run defense is what the Pats did in the off season by acquiring G. Warren and drafting Spikes.  Having Chung start this year helps a bunch too.  McCourty is suppose to be a good tackler as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats Offense will have some difficulty running the ball, however, the real trick will be keeping the Ravens players off Brady (O LIne)long enough  to throw short-intermediate passes. Yes the Pats D needs to stop Rice and Mcgahee, but Flacco can still throw the deep ball to Mason or Boldin. I think Flacco is just okay as QBs go, if the Pats D gets pressure on him he'll make mistakes. Putting the Ravens O into third and longs would also help. Time to start playing great situational football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yes ... third and long.  Our D really shines on third and long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolinagrad. Show carolinagrad's posts

If you remember Flacco threw for 257 yards against the Pats in the regular season last year. He drove the team the length of the field in the last two minutes only to have Mark Clayton drop a perfect pass inside the five yard line. Playing at home coming off a bye week with Bill having two weeks to prepare favors the Pats. Baltimore's balanced run/pass offense will make it a tough challenge.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i expect us to be up for this game  as BB has no doubt shown them a replay of the playoff loss it will be a tough game but another statement game if we can comeout on top

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I have watched  most Ravens games this year and noticed a few things.

1. They are better then anybody thinks.

2. Ray Rice had a slow start but the 1-2 combo of Rice and Mcgahee has been very effective. Mcgahee comes in at the end of long drives and pounds it down the throats of tired d-linemen( I think we will be running lots of sub packages on D line in attempt to keep the big guys fresh)

3. In the 1st few games the Ravens made an effort to "sell" a pass heavy offense. Lots of 3 rec sets and lots of throws. I think they did this to shed the image of a run 1st team. It actually has not worked very well but considering they are 4-1 I guess they're not too upset about it.

4. Flacco when under pressure WILL throw the ball up for grabs. Many high lobs to Boldin/Housh and even Mason who is not very tall. We can get INT's if we can get to Flacco.

5. Ray Rice in the flat will be a determining factor for the Pats in limiting the Ravens O. If we bring pressure and Rice has a 1on1 with any of our defenders...we lose the battle.

6. I wish Fred Taylor was healthy for this one. I think Taylor could be more effective in this game then Lawfirm. He can handle a hit better then BJ can and the Ravens WILL hit RB's.

7. On a more positive note, I think Tom Brady can really do damage in the middle of the field. Our offense is designed for "BIG" Body defensive teams like the Ravens.

Go Pats. BB has to play up the revenge card in this one as I feel the Ravens are one of the best teams in football. They are better then we are right now, but that could change with a BIG win on Sunday!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Right now before the Jets/Minn game I have Baltimore rated at #1, 13.5 wins out of 16 and New England at #2, 13.0 wins.  With a great game the Jets at 12.8 might easily regain the #1 or #2 spot, but this info is previous to the game's start.  So, this one's for a big playoff tiebreaker.  Pats by 2.2 points only because this is a home game.

How the Baltimore Sun sees it:

"If the AFC continues to unfold like it has in the first five weeks of the season, it's definitely going to come down the New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers and Ravens."
    --10/11/10, http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-1012-20101011,0,4289664.column

Way to look past the next game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Baltimore:
    [QUOTE]5. Ray Rice in the flat will be a determining factor for the Pats in limiting the Ravens O. If we bring pressure and Rice has a 1on1 with any of our defenders...we lose the battle. 
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Guyton, Chung, Mayo, Ninkovich, even Merriwather could all handle Rice.  I think you overestimate their chances.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]The Ravens destroyed us at home in the playoffs.  It wasn't even a competitive game.  I don't see how we have improved any from then, unless dumping Moss improved our team.  Anything could happen, but my point is that the Ravens are a better team.  I'm not expecting a big Pats win.  
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]Not sure if the Ravens are a better team but if the Patriots play like they did in the playoffs last year they won't beat anybody. That game last year was the worst game the Patriots had played in ten years.

I'm not saying they will win next Sunday but that team on January 10 last year was not the same team that I watched play in the 16 previous games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good analysis TC. I think this is going to come down the edges. My feeling is they will rotate and put as many large bodies in the middle as possible with Chung roaming in box. What the determining factor will be is how the OLB's set the edge. If they can't keep containment then Rice is going to have a field day. This will be the truest test Cunningham has faced and will give us a decent idea of what kind of player he will become. Guyton might get a lot of playing time on the outside being the fastest LB we have. He might be needed to keep containment. Either way the name of the game for the D will be to not over pursue and put pressure on Flaco. Don't need to sack him just put enough pressure to make those feet of his dance like Maroney. He'll make enough mistakes himself.

For the O. We have to stick with the run even if the ypc is low. Why, because the Ravens secondary bits big on play action. Brady can chew them up with a steady mix of draws, play action, and screens. Hernandez should also be huge in this game. They can't afford to put a LB on him but at the same time their S's aren't good enough to keep him covered for any length of time. The key to the game for me is the Oline. We'll be seeing a lot of 2 TE sets to give extra protection to Brady as well as opening decent enough holes to have a running game and keep the D honest.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baltimore : Pateng, I agree with you, but can you remember the last time the Pats did a play action pass?  Brady is great at play action, but for some reason, they NEVER do it anymore.  Draw plays are a great rarity, and their screen pass execution is horrendous.  I think they just have one screen pass in their playbook, and it never works anymore. Back in the glory days, we did a great job at keeping the other team off balance.  Nowadays it's show run and run, show pass and pass.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

They've been playing the play action all this year (minus the Jets game). The played it to a T last week against Miami

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Afer The Jets Win lets night this game is going to be HUGE for the Patriots. Id love to see us destroy The Raves after what they did to us last playoffs. Although the Pats did not deserve to win that game the way the Run D played.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

I think we will see the no down linemen play on 3rd down to get to Flacco.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This is a very winnable game but it will require 2 things on D and 3 things on O.  On D: 1)  contain the run (not sure the Pats can actually stop it) so that Flacco has more 3rd and longs than 3rd and shorts; 2) pressure Flacco.  Pats D is not formidable but it is becoming opportunistic.  BB will have them ready.

On O:  1) Show the run, not necessarily gaining big chunks of real estate, but show enough to make the Ravens LBs respect it; 2) Protect TB long enough for him to shine in what he does better than anybody: the intermdediate passing game; 3) No turnovers.  No fumbles; no ints.

I believe that if the Pats can do those things (which are not all that easy to do against Baltimore) they have a better than fighting chance.

My 2 cents.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oh, and perhaps a play or two on special teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

mayo spikes and meriwiffer need to all have a solid tackling game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from speaksthetruth99. Show speaksthetruth99's posts

Who exactly looked past this game? The Baltimore Sun? In case you didn't notice the Baltimore Sun media staff isn't playing on Sunday. The Ravens are, and trust me, they aren't looking past the Pats.

[QUOTE]Right now before the Jets/Minn game I have Baltimore rated at #1, 13.5 wins out of 16 and New England at #2, 13.0 wins.  With a great game the Jets at 12.8 might easily regain the #1 or #2 spot, but this info is previous to the game's start.  So, this one's for a big playoff tiebreaker.  Pats by 2.2 points only because this is a home game. How the Baltimore Sun sees it: "If the AFC continues to unfold like it has in the first five weeks of the season, it's definitely going to come down the New York Jets , Pittsburgh Steelers and Ravens." --10/11/10, http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-1012-20101011,0,4289664.column Way to look past the next game!
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]