Baltimore's New Defense.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Baltimore's New Defense.

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

The Brady Ballwashers are all mentally ill.

Here is the real truth:

One of Tom Brady's biggest games of his career is on Sunday night. He can show that he can actually play well for 60 minutes against Baltimore. It's been a while.  2010's matchup was the best example of that and it was when Branch returned, Moss was gone, and the balance returned to the offense for first time since late in the 2008 season when Matt Cassell was at QB and getting hot.

You BWs BEST hope Brady has it together on Sunday. No INTs, or at least no more than 1 INT in the game.

If he does do that crap again and has to be bailed out again, all you're doing is backing yourself into a corner here.

Brady must be better this postseason in 2012 than he was in 2011.

Period.

The D will be, but will Brady? We don't know.

The D better be, or they will lose and that includes this Sunday..  No more gacking up 2 score  leads, twice in one game, against them.

Flacco loves the long ball and that is this D's biggest weakness, although better lately.

They have to remain better.  We shall see!

Nope. Ne's offense didn't do anything in the 4th qtr in Baltimore, JUST like the SB in February.

Hmm.

I could go on, but the D played closer to their ceiling last year just like I KNOW BB will have his D doing it again this year. Our offense did not in the AFC title game or SB with Brady far too reliant on Gronk. This year, he's been better than he was in 2011, so we'll see if he can answer the bell and atone for a subpar postseason last year. Bad in 2009, better in 2010, better in 2011, so he is trending up. 

It's all about Brady, our QB in a QB/Offfensive league.

His last two AFC title games at home?   5 INTs, which is clearly bad. You can't run from facts.

All about Brady.

Nope! The D didn't do anything the entire game.  Not 1 3 & out, not 1 turn over, not one stop in gints territory, allowed 10 play possessions all day long. 

Had the worst DPR of any super bowl team EVER!

Yup, pretty sure BB knows all this, thus the total D make over.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

^^^^^ If the Pats win, it will be for the reasons I said.  If the Pats lose, it will be for the reasons I said.  I am always right.  LMAO I am so smart.

I am more realistic and smarter than you, I know that TCal/Mighty.  In your world, in a QB/offensive league, it's important our own HOF QB play mediocre as a way to help the team win.  Yes, gee, that's a swell premise. 

What does it feel like to be an adult and only be able to articulate or communicate your points like that of a 12 year old?  lol

Personally, if I were you Id never post, but then again, it's clear why you're posts don't really ever say anything and max out at 7 words. LMAO

Insecurity is an ugly trait.  It means you won't get far in life. Good luck, though. 

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, richest, and/or most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtype.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders

Stick to selling insurance over the phone at your CRAPPY 9-5 desk job, Pezzy.

TCal/Mighty probably shops at Walmart for cying out loud. Not hard to be smarter than a moron, especially on the internet.

lol

Too easy. Enjoy that commute home! If you are even employed, that is.  The board wonders about you, in particular.

Pretty sure that's your job.  Or is it pills or fertilizer or all the treasuers you find while dumpster diving, on EBAY.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here is the real truth:

One of Tom Brady's biggest games of his career is on Sunday night. He can show that he can actually play well for 60 minutes against Baltimore. It's been a while.  2010's matchup was the best example of that and it was when Branch returned, Moss was gone, and the balance returned to the offense for first time since late in the 2008 season when Matt Cassell was at QB and getting hot.

You BWs BEST hope Brady has it together on Sunday. No INTs, or at least no more than 1 INT in the game.

If he does do that crap again and has to be bailed out again, all you're doing is backing yourself into a corner here.

Period.

The D better be, or they will lose and that includes this Sunday..  No more gacking up 2 score  leads, twice in one game, against them.

Flacco loves the long ball and that is this D's biggest weakness, although better lately.

Nope. Ne's offense didn't do anything in the 4th qtr in Baltimore, JUST like the SB in February.

Hmm.

I could go on, but the D played closer to their ceiling last year just like I KNOW BB will have his D doing it again this year. Our offense did not in the AFC title game or SB with Brady far too reliant on Gronk. This year, he's been better than he was in 2011, so we'll see if he can answer the bell and atone for a subpar postseason last year. Bad in 2009, better in 2010, better in 2011, so he is trending up. 

His last two AFC title games at home?   5 INTs, which is clearly bad. You can't run from facts.

All about Brady.

Nope! The D didn't do anything the entire game.  Not 1 3 & out, not 1 turn over, not one stop in gints territory, allowed 10 play possessions all day long. 

Scoreboard.  13 points allowed through the 3rd qtr waiing on ust 1 FG from our offense was superb.

All any educated fan cares about is the scoreboard.

Hey, maybe you and Mel Kiper can compare draft boards next year too and look at rookie's combine numbers, exclusively, as if it's the end all be all, too?

Do you wear a wig like Mel does? Hmmm? You sure sound old and angry, which probably means you're fat and bald.

Enjoy!

That's 13 points on 5 possessions and 19 through 8. That's 38 minutes on the field.

19 points on 12 possessions = good

19 points on 8 while being on the field for 38 minutes,, NOT SO MUCH

Educated fans understand things like defensive ineffeciency hindering scores.

Any 5 year old can look at a score board  and see that one team won and not wonder why.

Are you 5?  ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.......

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I said I wouldn't let you guys be a buzz kill but I have. I give up, agree to disagree. As I said before I am happy we are back in the AFC game. I think our offense is the most versatile it has been since 2004 and probably ever. Imo this happened because we are once again committed to a run game which prevents defense's from keying in Tommy and the passing game.

I think our young and rebuilt defense is better then it's been for the past 3 years, and I think McD is 10x the O.C that Obrien was. I don't think he will fall back on the great one's right arm like imo Obrien did.

Let's kick the Ravens butts on Sunday and hope the Falcons pull off the upset...yes I will take the path of least resistance, I think we deserve it.

Go Pats!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Here is the real truth:

Period.

Hmm.

All about Brady.

Scoreboard.  13 points allowed through the 3rd qtr waiing on ust 1 FG from our offense was superb.

All any educated fan cares about is the scoreboard.

Hey, maybe you and Mel Kiper can compare draft boards next year too and look at rookie's combine numbers, exclusively, as if it's the end all be all, too?

Do you wear a wig like Mel does? Hmmm? You sure sound old and angry, which probably means you're fat and bald.

Enjoy!

That's 13 points on 5 possessions and 19 through 8. That's 38 minutes on the field.

19 points on 12 possessions = good

19 points on 8 while being on the field for 38 minutes,, NOT SO MUCH

Educated fans understand things like defensive ineffeciency hindering scores.

Any 5 year old can look at a score board  and see that one team won and not wonder why.

Are you 5?  ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.......

Yes, but what do you do for a living? Seems like a harmless, simple question to everyone here.

For example, Hurlie bakes cakes and then teaches 12 year olds how to do it.  What do you do?

Pretty sure Hurlie doesn't do that.  Just another of your delusions.

Your the only one that talks about his made-up job.  Which BTW, I wouldn't be bragging about since you supposedly went to UNC's school of Medicine to learn how to sell it.

BWAHAHAHahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I said I wouldn't let you guys be a buzz kill but I have. I give up, agree to disagree. As I said before I am happy we are back in the AFC game. I think our offense is the most versatile it has been since 2004 and probably ever. Imo this happened because we are once again committed to a run game which prevents defense's from keying in Tommy and the passing game.

I think our young and rebuilt defense is better then it's been for the past 3 years, and I think McD is 10x the O.C that Obrien was. I don't think he will fall back on the great one's right arm like imo Obrien did.

Let's kick the Ravens butts on Sunday and hope the Falcons pull off the upset...yes I will take the path of least resistance, I think we deserve it.

Go Pats!

Not much to disagree with here and not be splitting hairs. I see the running game as simply being more effective, you see it as being more committed to. Go Pats!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

On average for a 16 game season...

Team A scores 35 ppg.

Team B scores 26 ppg

Team A allows 21 ppg

team B allows 25 ppg.

Which team is more likely to score more points while allowing leSS points in a 14 possession game? A 10 possession game? A 4 possession game.

Hint... Team A is the answer to all 3 questions.? The only factor that changes things is if one half of team A under performs.

As Bill Belichick just said in Prolates postabove points is the number one determining factor in the outcome of a game.

Class dismissed, you can go back to cheer leading now. Try not to drop anyone while executing the pyramid Formation.

Flawed logic.

The smaller the sample the larger the chance of deviation from the average.

The Pats' offensive average was a greater difference from the Giants offensive average than the two teams defensive averages were. Therefore the Pats would want more total possessions than normal and the Giants less. The Giants got what they wanted. Just like they did in '07.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^^^^^ If the Pats win, it will be for the reasons I said.  If the Pats lose, it will be for the reasons I said.  I am always right.  LMAO I am so smart.

I am more realistic and smarter than you, I know that TCal/Mighty.  In your world, in a QB/offensive league, it's important our own HOF QB play mediocre as a way to help the team win.  Yes, gee, that's a swell premise. 

What does it feel like to be an adult and only be able to articulate or communicate your points like that of a 12 year old?  lol

Personally, if I were you Id never post, but then again, it's clear why you're posts don't really ever say anything and max out at 7 words. LMAO

Insecurity is an ugly trait.  It means you won't get far in life. Good luck, though. 

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines six subtypes of the disorder characterized as erotomanic (believes that someone is in love with him/her), grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, richest, and/or most intelligent person ever), jealous (believes that the love partner is cheating on him/her), persecutory (believes that someone is following him/her to do some harm in some way), somatic (believes that he/she has a disease or medical condition), and mixed, i.e., having features of more than one subtype.[2] Delusions also occur as symptoms of many other mental disorders, especially the other psychotic disorders

TCal/Mighty probably shops at Walmart for cying out loud. Not hard to be smarter than a moron, especially on the internet.

lol

Too easy. Enjoy that commute home! If you are even employed, that is.  The board wonders about you, in particular.

You have never bought anything at Walmart junior?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

New article find, read it and weep.

1.) I'm ahead of the curve. Drive stats, according to this sports writer, are the only proper way to look at a contest.

2.) This is basically slam dunk evidence ... the Giants offense quite simply manhandled the Patriots defense. 

And what games does it use??? The last two games between NE and NY, specifically because the score tells you nothing about how those two offenses actually performed given that the average NFL game includes 12.4 'real' drives. 

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/opinion-drive-stats-are-future-nfl-analysis

Come on Z get real. WHat does that word say that is at the start of that article link?

How can I take you seriously lately when you are stats stats stats and you are not a dumb guy so we both know stats are BS and you can make them say anything you want them to say depending on what lens you are looking at them through.

Really? Show me how, in per drive stats, NE's defense was "solid" in that game please?

yes really. ...and nice lawyerly move trying to use the word solid as if you were quoting me somewhere. Just a lil thing so you and anyone else reading knows you are putting words in my mouth as you love to do. I never called them solid, anywhere.

Show me in stats where the Patriots D was consistently solid in per drive stats all season long against a similarly capable opposing offense? Is that what would lead you to believe they should be anything more than what they were in the SB game?

What you are trying to prove is that one units reputation was really a mirage. Well the D was already ranked last or near last.

Was the Offense's rank and reputation merely a mirage then? Must have been since they need significantly more possesions to outscore the oppoenent you are saying. The Pats had 5 to the giants 4 in the 2nd half with the lead. 5>4 is some more math for you. Since you like math so much. They had more possession than the opposession and still scored fewer. They underachieved.

Sorry, man, not really meaning for that post to come across as testy. 

1.) Solid ... wasn't meant to say that is what you said. It was really a general challenge in defense of efficiency statistics. Under no circumstances was that defense efficient. 

2.) I've never maintained that they had 'illusory' success. Or that they fell apart.

I've maintained that the Patriots weren't a complete team, and expecting to win three games against three playoff teams is almost herculean. What you need to do is look at NE's record in the regular season, over the past three seasons, agaisnt teams built like NY. That gives you the likelihood of them winning. Everyone before that game was cocky, talking like NE had it in the bag. They didn't. They had already lost to NY (in roughly similar circumstances). 

3.) When people calculate 'per drive' they usually discard drives that aren't likely to score points. The Giants' kneeling drive, and the <1:00 drive NE had don't adjust the tally because they are not real scoring opportunities. 

4,) The debate isn't about who underachieved. IF your whole game plan is to rely on one unit the achieve at some basic level, we'll call that an average efficiency level against the NFL gamut in this case, in order to win every single game then it's structurally flawed. 

You don't blame the guy who shows up for work every day of the week when he gets sick and productivigty plummets, when you have another guy who never shows up. You keep the guy who shows up (now) almost every single day, and replace the guy who never shows up. Then your business is going to work. Until then, even if it works on the back of the guy showing up, it's always going to break down at some point, unless you assume people are robots that repeat the same performance every single time. 

I don't "maintain" like some others do, that NE will win this way, they will lose this way. At the outset of the playoffs last year I simply said .. 

1.) Ne loses low scoring games. It's a trend. Moreover, one that stretched into this season. Tony Mazz actually brought up the same stats four weeks ago. I think they've won 2 games in the last three seasons when they scored less than 23. Per Drive stats aside that is alarming. Even some pretty average teams have ~.500 records in these contests. I think NE is something like 2-9, iirc. 

2.) Thus, you are basically hoping the offense doesn't score less than that. The fact that it happened on 8 drives does make it redeeming for them. If they had scored that on 12+ (and they have before, against Seattle iirc) then it would truly be a bad performance. 

3.) When it happened ... I wasn't surprised. I didn't think NE had what it takes to win the Superbowl last season. 

I will say, however, kudos on the "lawlerly move" of calling me "lawyerly". Haha. It's basically as old as Plato, to build up your opponent as a "smooth talker" thus making people think it's likely they are spinning a lie. haha. 

I will come back later, after this dinner party, and give you *my* thoughts on the subject, because anything Wozzy, TC, or Rusty say I said is most likely an exaggeration or fabrication. I've actually defended the break point of rushing too little (-27%) and discussed the merits of late game rushing this season as a decided advantage over that past team. 

What I just refuse to maintain is that running the football a few more times would have had an impact on that game. It wouldn't have. Executing better would have though. Either the offense scores one more TD (giving it an all time great level of execution on the game, 3ppd would be higher than any season average ever) or the defense does just a little bit, executing on at least one drive (turnover, 3 and out, etc, preventing score) to prevent from showing up with a last ranked (based on season average) ppd, or by extending the game, and giving NE at least one or two more real drives. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

lol

Yes, but I hate going in there and sure as hell don't shop their regularly like you and your buddies do.

Seriously, dude? I didn't realize you were this stuck up. There's nothing wrong with a one-stop shop at good prices.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

lol

Yes, but I hate going in there and sure as hell don't shop their regularly like you and your buddies do.

I shop more often online for most non-food items junior. I do shop Walmart for certain food items. They have a no-fat sour cream that I find more tasty than any other I have tried for example. I go to other places for other food shopping needs. For instance, I buy meat at a local outfit that sells only meat. Just bought 30 lbs. of chicken breast there for $1.45 a pound. Won't find that price at Walmart.

Walmart actually has huge amounts of merchandise online that you will never find in their stores. You can use their free site to store shipping and do quite nicely on price compared to many other alternatives upon frequent occasion. After all, they have trucks coming there every day anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Seriously, dude? I didn't realize you were this stuck up.

Junior is a strange bird. Of this, there is no doubt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Wow I butchered the whole quoting thing lol

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

lol

Seriously, dude? I didn't realize you were this stuck up. There's nothing wrong with a one-stop shop at good prices.

How is not buying a lot of prepared, processed or packaged groceries being "stuck up"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They sell more than groceries at Walmart junior. Seems I have to take you under my wing and teach you every little thing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wow I butchered the whole quoting thing lol

Place is till screwy, but improving. Not your fault.