Baltimore's New Defense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Baltimore's New Defense.

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

Bellino is a basher of our D while ignoring Brady's flaws in recent postseasons.

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense junior. Z knows things about this game that you just cannot grasp. Which means just about everything.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 9 times each is a bogus number. Kneeldowns and 57 second desperation drives when you need a TD are moot to the point. They each had 8 legit drives.

Actually the defense played significantly worse than the offense compared to their regular season numbers per drive (despite the O missing the great Gronk's greatness).

The D gave up 1.9 points per drive on the season vs 2.62 in the SB. Or 37% more points given up per drive than on the season.

The offense scored 2.12 per drive in the SB vs 2.79 on the season. That's 24% less points per drive than on the season.

At 8 drives per team using the regular season averages we should have scored ~22 points and given up ~15. Therefore the O scored 5 points less than they should have and the D allowed 7 points more than they should have.

The D's inability to get even a single turnover probably led to their giving up more points per drive and the lack of Gronk and effective running from the backs probably led to the O's less point production per drive.

[/QUOTE]

Numbers per drive is complete horsesh-t!  

Let's just compare their points scored, points against, and who turned it over... you know, the only stats that matter according to Belichick.  

These convoluted stats per average are your way of squirming out of having to address the offensive ineptitude.  Its circular logic that leads you back to your own flawed conclusions.

Points scored, points against and turnovers are the only stats that matter, in that order.  

The Patriots offense scored 17 points but gave back two on a safety as well as turning the ball over = 15 points.   They turned it over again in cruchtime to start the 4th quarter.  15 points, that's nothing close to their regular season average if that's whats important to you, less than half if my math is correct.

Yes, the defense played average, in fact right at their season average, but received no help from their offense who stunk the joint up.  If they had received any help from the O by way of controlling the clock, maybe they wouldn't have been spent on that last drive.

You can look at stats using your secret decoder ring, focus on alternate stats that give you whatever data you need to support your BS premise, the simple fact is they play this game for POINTS.  Not points per drive, not PBRs, DBRs, or some other ridiculous stat that nerds sit around and calculate that add up to a hill of beans.  Offense has to score points, defense has to stop them and whoever turns it over reduces their chances of winning drastically.

[/QUOTE]

The D allowed more points and the D got no turn-overs.  There's your problem in a nutshell and there is really no defense of this.

By your own, flat standards, they failed unless you think these only apply to offense.

The Pats D played FAR below their regular season stats.  There is no disputing this either.

Never in the reqular season, did they go without a 3 & out or a 6 and Out or a turn-over in a single game except the one that counted.

Their average POOR ( bottom of the barrel) ToP in the regular season was 32 minutes.  They blew that poor stat out of the ubiverse with their stinking 38.

The facts are the D did NOTHING to help the O and hindered them greatly.

It is their PRIMARY responsibility to get the ball back to the O.

You do that by preventing 1st downs.  They allowed the gints 3 + of them a possession, resulting in 10+ play drives.  This is EXTREMELY POOR defensive play. 

There is no disputing this.

Listening to Bru, this week he said BB always stresses this to his D,  G.T.F.B.B.

In case you can't figure it out, it means; GET THE F'N BALL BACK!!!  Major, major FAIL.

NO TEAM, in the history of the NFL, has ever won a SB with a DPR as bad as the PATS. EVER!  In case you can't understand that, it means NO OFFENSE has ever been able to overcome, with as sh1tty a D as the PATS.    They basically have to beat the other team and over come the hurtin that their own D is putting on them. 

Montana would have lost with this D.

Plenty of teams have won with turn overs.  Plenty of teams have won without a pass/run balance.   But NO team has ever won with such a pizz poor DPR.  EVER!!!!!

There is no disputing this..........................................................................................

In fact, NO team has even reached the SB with a D as bad as the Pats, EVER!

[/QUOTE]

Dear Dummy,

No one has EVER, and I mean EVER looked at passing yards allowed as the main reason to analyze the quality of a D. 

The Giants were "ranked" 27th.  That's a difference of 4 spots, which is literally probably 100 yards or something, where garbage time yards are counted. How does that make sense?  The Denver game this year, BB told the D to sit back, tackle and use the clock. There was no point in scheming, showing things on film, etc, with  34-7 lead in the 3rd qtr at home.

WAKE UP. You're so dumb it's unbelievable.

Do you really think it's a coincidence GB was "ranked" 32nd and their offense is a juggernaut too?

Hint: It's not you unadulterated MORON!  THe Colts of 2006 had the 32 ranked RUn D. To me, that is far more offensive than some meaningless passing yards that added up over 16 game schedule.

Yards allowed happen as much in garbage time situations as it would in just subpar play situations. Also, PI calls, as bogus as we've seen on this team in particular also count as "yards against".

You have got to be one of the biggest morons of all time.

BB decides to wisely turn to a youth movement on D in 2010, and he's got an overachieving D in the SB last year with Brady tossing two god awful INTs in the AFC title game and you play ESPN moron talking head here trying to tell us our own D was so bad.

You are wrong now and were wrong then. IN fact, your whole presence on earth is wrong. lmao

Brady BEST show up on SUnday night, BIG MOUTH. 

[/QUOTE]

Dear, Mr. irrelevant.

There is more to it than yards allowed.

Fact is no team has ever won with the Pats pizz poor DPR. 

Your distorted opinion doesn't matter.  FACTS ARE FACTS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

This is turning out to be fun so here is something else to think about:

2011:           

Att       Comp      %      Yards        Avg       YPG        TD  

Pass Offense         612        402       65.7    5257       8.6        317.8      39

Pass Defense        619        386       67.4    4977       8.0        293.9      26

Rush Offense        438                               1764       4.0        110.3      18

Rush Defense       405                               1874       4.6        117.1      13

Net yards                                                 +170                    +17.1

2012:           

Att       Comp      %      Yards        Avg       YPG        TD  

Pass Offense         641        402       62.7    4844       7.6        291.4      34

Pass Defense        594        369       62.1    4555       7.7        271.4      27

Rush Offense        523                               2184       4.2        136.5      25

Rush Defense       415                               1630       3.9        101.9      10

Net yards                                                 +843                    +54.6

Make your own conclusions but those are the facts.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Those numbers are definitely encouraging.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

Bellino is a basher of our D while ignoring Brady's flaws in recent postseasons.

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense junior. Z knows things about this game that you just cannot grasp. Which means just about everything.

[/QUOTE]

Laughable. I question when he started becoming a fan. How about that?

[/QUOTE]

I question if you are a fan at all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nailed the Jets collapse, to a T, the new details on the lockout, why would lose the SB last year, BB's approach in his GENIUS rebuild on the fly, etc, etc, etc.

Nailed it all.

[/QUOTE]

We all nailed the jets' collapse junior. It's a miracle they ever accomplished as much as they did with Sanchez. And I have no idea what you are babbling about regarding the details of the lockout. I knew the players would fold, and they did,

And you are/were as wrong as can be about the SB.

You nail nothing. (Except maybe a hamster to a cross in your basement. The extent of your depravity is not fully understood at this point.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So...how did this thread about Baltimore's defense turn into the running game thing again?  Hasn't this been bantered about in other threads? 

The big difference from the beginning of the season to now is the improvement of the OL.  These guys are doing a terrific job.  You can't pass or run without these guys and they are at the top of their game right now.  The problem will not be about the offense this year even with Gronk out.

The question is still about the defense and hope that the special teams snafu last game was just a fluke.

[/QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

Bellino is a basher of our D while ignoring Brady's flaws in recent postseasons. So, when I caught him raving about Balt's D ("terriffic" I believe was the word choice), with ours actually being better than theirs now, with his inaccurate statement of Balt's D "better" with Ray Lewis than without, I challenged his disingenuous behind.

The Balt D has absolutely not been better statistically with Ray Lewis. They allow more yards and have trouble covering over the middle, something that HE and his Washers held our D to the wall for all LAST YEAR and this year as well. Ironic, isn't it? He doesn't even know how badly he slipped up.  It's quite funny, actually.

Even when I posted sources, including a recent study by the nerds at ESPN Insider, he still tried to deflect by posting Baltimore's record with Ray LEwis back. That's not what he said. We weren't talking "records", the discussion was about how their D fared with or without Ray, statistically.  He lost and refuses to ever, and I mean EVER admit he was incorrect.

Prolate does this, Babe is insane, and all the other Washers do it as well. If you have man lust for Brady, apparently can't see straight or feature an IQ over 100.

I bludgeoned Phat Rex here so many times in our "debates" because I saw how disingenuous the premise was and knew the agenda.

If I see phony behavior or inaccurate comments here, I will call that person out. 

In summary, that's how this thread got derailed. A normal human would say "You know, I didn't realize Balt's D was statistically worse with Ray. I just looked at their record as a team and figured it was."

But, nope. Not Bellino. Not any of em.

I don't believe Baltimore's D to be better this year or at least I don't fear it like I did in the past.  I expect the Pats to win.  Maybe not easily but win.  I don't know if you can call the Pats D better however.  It really didn't show any promise until Talib showed up and the pieces fell into place.  At least it looks that way.  The main thing to me is if the Pats can control Ngata and Suggs.  If they do it's a win.

Z is a pretty intelligent fellow.  I wouldn't brush him off so casually.  The problem is that you're so hell bent on defending the defense like Babe is Brady.  Some where in the middle lies the truth.  The problem with the Pats defense is that they couldn't do a 3 and out to save their lives.  It was hard to score a TD on them but precious time gets taken off the clock and usually means that the offense has the whole field to cover.  On the other hand the Pats could only go as far as Brady could carry it.  The win was entirely on his shoulders.  A heavy burden.  Even the greats of the past have folded.  Truth be known it takes a complete team to win a SB.  You go in depending on one side of the ball and your chances are not good.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laughable. I question when he started becoming a fan. How about that?

[/QUOTE]

I question if you are a fan at all.

[/QUOTE]

Were you at the first AFC title game in Foxborough? I was. You weren't.  I am much more of a fan than you.   I don't just have an unhealthy man lust for one player.   I like the TEAM. The TEAM.

[/QUOTE]

No junior. I was a fan before you or Tom Brady even existed. LMAO@U

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh, yes. Thanks D for giving up 33% more first downs than the average NFL D, and letting Eli make you look like fools at the end to lose another SB for us. You definitely did "what you could".

[/QUOTE]

How about you address the lack of scoring instead of blaming the defense for what the offense didn't do.  Both teams had the ball 9 times, actually the Pats had it one more possession than the Giant's with an Eli kneel down before the half... but again, instead of trying to deflect, deal with the facts.

The offense didn't score enough... period.

[/QUOTE]

It had nothing to do with our lack of running game due to our best back riding the bench in the doghouse allowing the Giants Front 4 to Tee off on Brady from beginning to end of the game and this guy still managed to complete 16 straight passes and only struggled when he re-injured his Shoulder after the Tuck hit but STILL put his team in position to win BUT there 3 DROPS on that potential game winning drive. Yea all those things arent important to point out...Carry on Wozzy!  My question is why are you trying so hard to make the stats work for YOU. I will ask the same thing I did last week to our newest Brady basher. DID you Expect him to be perfect??? Do you realize Tom Brady is a human being???

[/QUOTE]

"due to our best back riding the bench in the doghouse allowing the Giants Front 4 to Tee off on Brady"

i complained about this all year.

u play vereen and ridley all last year to see what you have and by sb we would have been too much for nyg.

thankfully by this year (today), and partialy by accident (woodys injury) , we have done so and pose a huge threat to any team we are facing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

in the SB, just waiting and watching in horror as the offense failed time and again.

[/QUOTE]

This is why you don't know the game junior. We didn't fail "time and again" because we didn't have the ball all that much. We actually did more with each possession than we did in other winning SBs. Learn the game.

The real horror was watching a mickey mouse D collapse yet again to lose another  Lombardi. (As if 99% of us couldn't have predicted that.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So...how did this thread about Baltimore's defense turn into the running game thing again?  Hasn't this been bantered about in other threads? 

The big difference from the beginning of the season to now is the improvement of the OL.  These guys are doing a terrific job.  You can't pass or run without these guys and they are at the top of their game right now.  The problem will not be about the offense this year even with Gronk out.

The question is still about the defense and hope that the special teams snafu last game was just a fluke.

[/QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

Bellino is a basher of our D while ignoring Brady's flaws in recent postseasons. So, when I caught him raving about Balt's D ("terriffic" I believe was the word choice), with ours actually being better than theirs now, with his inaccurate statement of Balt's D "better" with Ray Lewis than without, I challenged his disingenuous behind.

The Balt D has absolutely not been better statistically with Ray Lewis. They allow more yards and have trouble covering over the middle, something that HE and his Washers held our D to the wall for all LAST YEAR and this year as well. Ironic, isn't it? He doesn't even know how badly he slipped up.  It's quite funny, actually.

Even when I posted sources, including a recent study by the nerds at ESPN Insider, he still tried to deflect by posting Baltimore's record with Ray LEwis back. That's not what he said. We weren't talking "records", the discussion was about how their D fared with or without Ray, statistically.  He lost and refuses to ever, and I mean EVER admit he was incorrect.

Prolate does this, Babe is insane, and all the other Washers do it as well. If you have man lust for Brady, apparently can't see straight or feature an IQ over 100.

I bludgeoned Phat Rex here so many times in our "debates" because I saw how disingenuous the premise was and knew the agenda.

If I see phony behavior or inaccurate comments here, I will call that person out. 

In summary, that's how this thread got derailed. A normal human would say "You know, I didn't realize Balt's D was statistically worse with Ray. I just looked at their record as a team and figured it was."

I don't believe Baltimore's D to be better this year or at least I don't fear it like I did in the past.  I expect the Pats to win.  Maybe not easily but win.  I don't know if you can call the Pats D better however.  It really didn't show any promise until Talib showed up and the pieces fell into place.  At least it looks that way.  The main thing to me is if the Pats can control Ngata and Suggs.  If they do it's a win.

Z is a pretty intelligent fellow.  I wouldn't brush him off so casually.  The problem is that you're so hell bent on defending the defense like Babe is Brady.  Some where in the middle lies the truth.  The problem with the Pats defense is that they couldn't do a 3 and out to save their lives.  It was hard to score a TD on them but precious time gets taken off the clock and usually means that the offense has the whole field to cover.  On the other hand the Pats could only go as far as Brady could carry it.  The win was entirely on his shoulders.  A heavy burden.  Even the greats of the past have folded.  Truth be known it takes a complete team to win a SB.  You go in depending on one side of the ball and your chances are not good.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with pretty much everything you just said. Overall, a much better and balanced team this year versus last. It does not mean Ravens can't win. Every dog has his day. But chances are that this team will be harder to beat than the one they faced last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Agree.  This Pats team is better than last years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The 9 times each is a bogus number. Kneeldowns and 57 second desperation drives when you need a TD are moot to the point. They each had 8 legit drives.

Actually the defense played significantly worse than the offense compared to their regular season numbers per drive (despite the O missing the great Gronk's greatness).

The D gave up 1.9 points per drive on the season vs 2.62 in the SB. Or 37% more points given up per drive than on the season.

The offense scored 2.12 per drive in the SB vs 2.79 on the season. That's 24% less points per drive than on the season.

At 8 drives per team using the regular season averages we should have scored ~22 points and given up ~15. Therefore the O scored 5 points less than they should have and the D allowed 7 points more than they should have.

The D's inability to get even a single turnover probably led to their giving up more points per drive and the lack of Gronk and effective running from the backs probably led to the O's less point production per drive.

[/QUOTE]

Numbers per drive is complete horsesh-t!  

Let's just compare their points scored, points against, and who turned it over... you know, the only stats that matter according to Belichick.  

These convoluted stats per average are your way of squirming out of having to address the offensive ineptitude.  Its circular logic that leads you back to your own flawed conclusions.

Points scored, points against and turnovers are the only stats that matter, in that order.  

The Patriots offense scored 17 points but gave back two on a safety as well as turning the ball over = 15 points.   They turned it over again in cruchtime to start the 4th quarter.  15 points, that's nothing close to their regular season average if that's whats important to you, less than half if my math is correct.

Yes, the defense played average, in fact right at their season average, but received no help from their offense who stunk the joint up.  If they had received any help from the O by way of controlling the clock, maybe they wouldn't have been spent on that last drive.

You can look at stats using your secret decoder ring, focus on alternate stats that give you whatever data you need to support your BS premise, the simple fact is they play this game for POINTS.  Not points per drive, not PBRs, DBRs, or some other ridiculous stat that nerds sit around and calculate that add up to a hill of beans.  Offense has to score points, defense has to stop them and whoever turns it over reduces their chances of winning drastically.

[/QUOTE]

The D allowed more points and the D got no turn-overs.  There's your problem in a nutshell and there is really no defense of this.

By your own, flat standards, they failed unless you think these only apply to offense.

The Pats D played FAR below their regular season stats.  There is no disputing this either.

Never in the reqular season, did they go without a 3 & out or a 6 and Out or a turn-over in a single game except the one that counted.

Their average POOR ( bottom of the barrel) ToP in the regular season was 32 minutes.  They blew that poor stat out of the ubiverse with their stinking 38.

The facts are the D did NOTHING to help the O and hindered them greatly.

It is their PRIMARY responsibility to get the ball back to the O.

You do that by preventing 1st downs.  They allowed the gints 3 + of them a possession, resulting in 10+ play drives.  This is EXTREMELY POOR defensive play. 

There is no disputing this.

Listening to Bru, this week he said BB always stresses this to his D,  G.T.F.B.B.

In case you can't figure it out, it means; GET THE F'N BALL BACK!!!  Major, major FAIL.

NO TEAM, in the history of the NFL, has ever won a SB with a DPR as bad as the PATS. EVER!  In case you can't understand that, it means NO OFFENSE has ever been able to overcome, with as sh1tty a D as the PATS.    They basically have to beat the other team and over come the hurtin that their own D is putting on them. 

Montana would have lost with this D.

Plenty of teams have won with turn overs.  Plenty of teams have won without a pass/run balance.   But NO team has ever won with such a pizz poor DPR.  EVER!!!!!

There is no disputing this..........................................................................................

In fact, NO team has even reached the SB with a D as bad as the Pats, EVER!

[/QUOTE]

Dear Dummy,

No one has EVER, and I mean EVER looked at passing yards allowed as the main reason to analyze the quality of a D. 

The Giants were "ranked" 27th.  That's a difference of 4 spots, which is literally probably 100 yards or something, where garbage time yards are counted. How does that make sense?  The Denver game this year, BB told the D to sit back, tackle and use the clock. There was no point in scheming, showing things on film, etc, with  34-7 lead in the 3rd qtr at home.

WAKE UP. You're so dumb it's unbelievable.

Do you really think it's a coincidence GB was "ranked" 32nd and their offense is a juggernaut too?

Hint: It's not you unadulterated MORON!  THe Colts of 2006 had the 32 ranked RUn D. To me, that is far more offensive than some meaningless passing yards that added up over 16 game schedule.

Yards allowed happen as much in garbage time situations as it would in just subpar play situations. Also, PI calls, as bogus as we've seen on this team in particular also count as "yards against".

You have got to be one of the biggest morons of all time.

BB decides to wisely turn to a youth movement on D in 2010, and he's got an overachieving D in the SB last year with Brady tossing two god awful INTs in the AFC title game and you play ESPN moron talking head here trying to tell us our own D was so bad.

You are wrong now and were wrong then. IN fact, your whole presence on earth is wrong. lmao

Brady BEST show up on SUnday night, BIG MOUTH. 

[/QUOTE]

Dear, Mr. irrelevant.

There is more to it than yards allowed.

Fact is no team has ever won with the Pats pizz poor DPR. 

Your distorted opinion doesn't matter.  FACTS ARE FACTS!

[/QUOTE]

^^^Weak comeback.  Awful, in fact.

That means I win. You countered NOTHING as to what I just explained to you.

The real fact is no football analyst leans on passing yards allowed as the main reason to judge a D.

You're an imbecile.

[/QUOTE]

The weak comeback is your distorted opinion compared to cold hard football facts.

Do you even know what a DPR is????????  Bwahhahaha.  No, you obviously don't.

Maybe you should consult your football for dummies book, DUMMY!

[/QUOTE]

I don't care about QBR or DPR. Stats are for losers. I care about the scoreboard.  Last time I checked, our loaded offense SUCKED in recent postseasons putting up more than 20 points against good Ds.

Meanwhile, our D in those games held to 10 and 13 points respectively, in the SB, just waiting and watching in horror as the offense failed time and again.

We ain't winning SBs scoring 14 points. The arrogance of you and your ilk to demand our D hold to 13 points or less in this era is unparalleled.

[/QUOTE]

Why do youconstantly lie?  It was 17 and 19 points.  The O had the lead in BOTH games until the D failed in the last few seconds.

They failed due to their pizz poor DPR, so you should care.    Period!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

All posts have been removed...?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'l tell you why:

[/QUOTE]

How about just be fair?!!! I am not hellbent on overly-praising our own D whatsoever.  Their little group gives our D absolutely no credit whatsoever, EVER!

IN fact, Z mocked the 28 points they allowed but ignored how the STs plays by Houston and a totally ridiculous allowed time out for a FG before half, really means the D held to under 20 points of their own doing.

Also, the Mayo strip on Foster that was magically called "forward progress" as Mayo was trying to finish his tackle, would have limited more points.

Finally, no one claimed the Pats D last year was a strenght, but in the game itself, the D held to SIX POINTS, dude, in the second half! How is it a "heavy burden" when they held them to 2 FGs with our own offense not getting ONE FG off of 4 drives in the 4th qtr?

Really? We couldn't even get a FG to help out our own D!  I would argue a heavy burden is playing D in an offensive era and then expecting that D to be otherworldy in a dome.

You do realize that our SB D in 2001 and 2003 was also GASSED in domes, blowing a lead in the those SBs, too, right?

These guys are humans, they're not robots.  All Brady had to do WAS NOT throw an INT or miss his own wide open chances.

He failed.

Worst 4th qtr in any SB he's played in. Bar none.

You kinda missed my point in all of this.  I, for the most point agreed with you when all this stuff broke out about Brady and defense.  I agreed with you that the defense for what it was and that wasn't much gave the Pats the opportunity to win and that Brady let us down not so much that his performance was poor or anything like that but the game was dependant on him, not the defense.  Nobody, at least me, was expecting this defense to do 3 and outs.  Yards were going to be given up and hopefully little points.  Point wise they succeeded.  However, due to the limited time and length of field that the offense was going to be given, Brady had to be damned near perfect to get a win out of this.  He was less than perfect and the Pats lost.  

This Brady versus defense thing has really been over blown.  I chose to not enter the fray.  My arguement is this.  Was one expecting the defense or Brady to pull out this game.  It was going to have to depend on Brady.  It was on him.  Very unfair but Brady failed.  Afterall, if you're not depending on the defense to win the game for you how can you blame them if you lost?  It would be expected.  Why play the game?  Because with Brady we had hope and the Pats had a chance.       

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Test

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Was one expecting the defense or Brady to pull out this game.  It was going to have to depend on Brady.  It was on him.  Very unfair but Brady failed.  Afterall, if you're not depending on the defense to win the game for you how can you blame them if you lost?  It would be expected.  Why play the game?  Because with Brady we had hope and the Pats had a chance.       

If you want to blame Brady because...

Receivers couldn't hold on to the ball...

7 blockers couldn't contain 4 rushers for more than 4 seconds.

The defense couldn't get a single turnover.

The defense couldn't count how many men they had on the field.

The defense couldn't limit any but a single Giants' drive to less than nearly 4 minutes.

The defense couldn't keep Eli under a 75% completion rate.

The defense couldn't keep Eli under a 100 PR.

The RBs couldn't manage more than 3.6 ypc.

The Gronk was hurt.

..... then be my guest. But it looks like your expectations of him were rather ludicrous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Because I made a comment about the ravens new look defense was going to get man handled by the patriots new look offense. The author of the OP disagreed saying the pats offense isthe same as it has been. I showed him it wasn't as we run more then we have in 8 years and use shotgun less then we had.

I think our versatile offense will keep a very smart defense guessing all game.....something the OB offense never did. I would also add that are o line has never really been an issue. It is a yearly top 5 unit due both to having a great o line coach and the best QB in the game. When you ask them to pass block a 2-1 ratio in the SB when they're going against the best pass rush in the LG well then maybe. But o lines love to run block, and we were second in the LG in that area. 

Sections
Shortcuts