Ban Rusty Pact

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Ban Rusty Pact

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Greg-Bedard's comment:

Here ye here ye, 

All whom wish to ban Sir Rusty Griswold from ye old boards say "Ay".

I chose, not to say "Ay".

Greg, I know you're only doing this to get a laugh, but its actually pretty sad that so many who have posted here for so long think that they really do put as much thought into what they say when it comes to NE Patriot football as Rusty does. Go ahead, in chorus you fools, "RallyC is proving he is Rusty!!!" Nope, can't say that I am, honest to God. But the facts are, I'd rather be him than the majority of you who are so intimidated by his energy, knowledge, and thoughfulness that you talk to him like he's a lesser being because he snaps in his own defense at times at the stupid ignorant babble that some of you harrass him with incessantly. Rusty would be one of the last I'd vote away from here. I'm with Mr. Bedard.

whatever u say Russ

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

In response to 232's comment:

Ronald has such nice hair, is fireman Ed Rusty?

LOL...I doubt it...he's sitting there very quietly...  :)

BTW...I don't have any kind of problem at all with Rusty...he should be here as long as he obeys the rules...if NY Jets trolls and NY Giant trolls can be here, so should Rusty, or anyone else who obeys the rules...Just my opinion

there's ur problem: he doesn't follow the rules

oh I forgot! he has been banned not once, not twice, not six times but at least 12 times because he follows the rules!

of course!

it's always the mods fault! or the other posters fault! He is the ultimate victim and everyone is out to get him...it has nothing to do with his name-calling, personal attacks, calling people corky and losers and 40 year old virgins and the fact that he judges everyone's self-worth based on their job and education and age and the fact that he is the common denominator in EVERY fight and the fact that he does the same exact thing on other boards here...

nope ol russ is being persecuted unjustly!

you know, kind of like Charles Manson

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcu7MCtuTs

The real message is at 3:20 of the tape (end). Love each other anyway. Understand?

I vote NO. ;-))

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

It takes two sides for  a thread to blow up. Unfortunately, there's always someone willing to pick up the side opposite him. Just ignore.

That's half the point and why I hate that this poster said "ban." You don't just ban someone. You aren't above the rules. 

Half the reason for trying to get a some people to put him on ignore is to quiet his fiercest critics down as well .... the folks who can't help but trade barbs with him. It isn't an anti-Rusty notion as much as it is  .... let's promote a better board idea. 

Rusty won't break it off, and basically fights with everyone, but a few posters really egg him on.  Getting some of those guys to go into their separate corner (because we know Rusty won't) would make this place a lot more peaceful. 

As far as a "ban" pact, I find it vulgar. People get banned for breaking the rules, you don't just team up on one person. Let them get banned for breaking the rules if it so happens. If it doesn't let them post. You don't plan something like that. 

Got it, Z. Thank you for the clarification.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rusty does us a favour by recycling his old names rather than recreating new ones.  It's pretty clear by this alone that he's not trying to hide.

I admit, though, a bit of trepidation about the new avatar.  Rusty with a gun is a tad frightening.

He creates new ones sometimes. There was Bassfishing, wasn't there one about a musician? I forget, anyhow that counts the Rustys that are him, and not the handful of guys that come on to "agree" with him or tell us he is brilliant. 

Per your other post. It's pretty sound. I've only really posted to Rusty maybe 20 or 30 times, and usually when he says something pretty out of whack. His normal Brady runs the Patriots routine? I'm over it. No one but Rusty believes that as many times as he'll post it. And I really don't care about him calling me names. 

It is about, when he's at his worst, how he turns the board upside down. Every single thread becomes about whatever narrative he is foisting on people, and whatever squabble he is in. It leads to tons of OT threads.

That is a major annoying drag. 

Maybe getting some of those people to put him on ignore together would help cool the board off, and get everything on topic. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It takes two sides for  a thread to blow up. Unfortunately, there's always someone willing to pick up the side opposite him. Just ignore.

That's half the point and why I hate that this poster said "ban." You don't just ban someone. You aren't above the rules. 

Half the reason for trying to get a some people to put him on ignore is to quiet his fiercest critics down as well .... the folks who can't help but trade barbs with him. It isn't an anti-Rusty notion as much as it is  .... let's promote a better board idea. 

Rusty won't break it off, and basically fights with everyone, but a few posters really egg him on.  Getting some of those guys to go into their separate corner (because we know Rusty won't) would make this place a lot more peaceful. 

As far as a "ban" pact, I find it vulgar. People get banned for breaking the rules, you don't just team up on one person. Let them get banned for breaking the rules if it so happens. If it doesn't let them post. You don't plan something like that. 

Got it, Z. Thank you for the clarification.

No problem. I just wanted to clarify. The guy who has a gag account who started this thread is not affiliated with what I suggested yesterday. 

A few guys said "we should all ignore him" and I said "I've seen it work on a camera forum." Then I mentioned that it was a pact thread, that no one would repsond to the guy. 

I wasn't advocating "banning" Rusty. 

If he is here and posting within the rules and community guidelines, which is rare these days, he has just as much a right to be here. 

I was an attempt at mediation after watching him tear through half a dozen threads with TFB, and a few others, and looking up and seeing him licking his wounds by mentioning West Coast offense in another half dozen threads that had nothing to do with it. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckles' comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

In response to 232's comment:

Ronald has such nice hair, is fireman Ed Rusty?

LOL...I doubt it...he's sitting there very quietly...  :)

BTW...I don't have any kind of problem at all with Rusty...he should be here as long as he obeys the rules...if NY Jets trolls and NY Giant trolls can be here, so should Rusty, or anyone else who obeys the rules...Just my opinion

there's ur problem: he doesn't follow the rules

oh I forgot! he has been banned not once, not twice, not six times but at least 12 times because he follows the rules!

of course!

it's always the mods fault! or the other posters fault! He is the ultimate victim and everyone is out to get him...it has nothing to do with his name-calling, personal attacks, calling people corky and losers and 40 year old virgins and the fact that he judges everyone's self-worth based on their job and education and age and the fact that he is the common denominator in EVERY fight and the fact that he does the same exact thing on other boards here...

nope ol russ is being persecuted unjustly!

you know, kind of like Charles Manson

YOu can't be this dumb, but you are.  Here's how the reporting process works, very obviously so.

1. If you get reported, the mod can either look at why you're being reported or just delete your comments.

2. If you get reported a set amount of times, you get banned outright. See, you and all the others know this, so you literally just report every post of mine, until it works.  Who knows what the number of times reported limit is, but that's the best way to get someone banned.

3. And, this is a more recent development, because there is no way they can react so quickly, but they clearly stick on me to see if I come back to quickly remove a thread I start because they think the thread topic is too inflammatory. See yesterday's "Williamson Thinks Brady Is In Decline" thread for an example.  It proves that many (off this board) see Brady's latest postseason failures is a real thing that should be discussed and allowed to be discussed by Pats fans.

I started that thread TWICE, and it was deleted. Within seconds. Seconds.  They didn't even last a full minute, which proves whoever the mod was at that time, was stalking me. My third now actually stands because I called out what the mods were doing and how ridiculous it is to try to use fascist approaches in moderating a board like this.

It's just simple. Ban you, other trolls and the irrational belligerent Pats fans who only like Brady and his passing options as bandwagon type fantasy football fans, and this board is fantastic.

Funny you mention Charles Manson, cuckoo bird, as you sit there and actully think Rally C and I are the same person. Yowza. Takes a lot for you to get embarrassed, huh? Or, is it because you aren't bright enough to realize you SHOULD be embarrassed? lol

Or it could be, that like nearly everybody else here except for your fake accounts, the mods just realize that you suck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rusty does us a favour by recycling his old names rather than recreating new ones.  It's pretty clear by this alone that he's not trying to hide.

I admit, though, a bit of trepidation about the new avatar.  Rusty with a gun is a tad frightening.

He creates new ones sometimes. There was Bassfishing, wasn't there one about a musician? I forget, anyhow that counts the Rustys that are him, and not the handful of guys that come on to "agree" with him or tell us he is brilliant. 

Per your other post. It's pretty sound. I've only really posted to Rusty maybe 20 or 30 times, and usually when he says something pretty out of whack. His normal Brady runs the Patriots routine? I'm over it. No one but Rusty believes that as many times as he'll post it. And I really don't care about him calling me names. 

It is about, when he's at his worst, how he turns the board upside down. Every single thread becomes about whatever narrative he is foisting on people, and whatever squabble he is in. It leads to tons of OT threads.

That is a major annoying drag. 

Maybe getting some of those people to put him on ignore together would help cool the board off, and get everything on topic. 

I've never been banned, but I think you need to create a new name (and probably use a different email address) when you reregister.  A glitch in the system conversion is allowing Rusty to go back and use old accounts of his which were apparently restored by accident at the conversion. Despite what some think, I firmly believe Rusty uses one account at a time and makes no effort to disguise who he is.  Quite the opposite actually.  Rusty clearly wants people to know who he is.  He's kind of egomanaical that way. 

I agree that Rusty sometimes goes way over the top and becomes more an annoyance or distraction.  Still I think overall he's an entertaining poster who keeps the board active, sometimes has very good points, and sometimes reaches such levels of absurdity in his arguments that it truly is fun to observe. Overall he adds more than he subtracts.  But I do agree the personnal attacks and tendency to take over threads could be pulled back a bit, especialy as it probably alienates others who might be good contributors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I like Russ, agree with a lot of his comments, and if we did disagree, never shown me no disrespect. Course, I try to show him same courtesy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

I like Russ, agree with a lot of his comments, and if we did disagree, never shown me no disrespect. Course, I try to show him same courtesy.

Careful, comrade - you will be labeled as a Rusty sympathizer (or Rusty himself) and be purged.  You fail to sign BDC's answer to the Grover Norquist no-tax-increase pledge at your own peril.

You have been varned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

LOL! ATJ, always one of the best Posters here.

Formely Bobbysu. Got banned here myself, still scratching my head as to why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

LOL! ATJ, always one of the best Posters here.

Formely Bobbysu. Got banned here myself, still scratching my head as to why?

Ah, wondered what happened to you under your old banner. Welcome back.  

And just trying to lighten the mood in here a shade or two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Years ago I asked Rusty to post less, thinking that brevity is the soul of wit.  Whether you win or lose an argument, once you've had your say, stop.  

It's funny because on threads that aren't football related Russ comes off as a real genuine, thoughtful, nice guy.

The problem with Russ is that he posts with his emotions, and football is cool logic.  If he can leave his emotions out of it, he probably wouldn't blow up every thread, step on other's posts or lose his train of thought.  

He cares too much and passion as a fan is great, just don't end up like DeNiro in The Fan.  Nobody should be banned or censored, but if you think a poster is too much, you could always ignore them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Nay. The guy actually talks about football and knows what he is talking about. 

Rusty "knows what he's talking about"?? Seriously?? LOL!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Years ago I asked Rusty to post less, thinking that brevity is the soul of wit.  Whether you win or lose an argument, once you've had your say, stop.  

It's funny because on threads that aren't football related Russ comes off as a real genuine, thoughtful, nice guy.

The problem with Russ is that he posts with his emotions, and football is cool logic.  If he can leave his emotions out of it, he probably wouldn't blow up every thread, step on other's posts or lose his train of thought.  

He cares too much and passion as a fan is great, just don't end up like DeNiro in The Fan.  Nobody should be banned or censored, but if you think a poster is too much, you could always ignore them.

Bolded are wise words. Assuming you have a life outside of these boards, why does it matter if you win an argument here? You have an opinion about football, air it. That's it. It's your opinion. There is not even a need to defend it if someone is critical. If you are getting upset over something, go back to your real life. Have fun.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

RESPONSE: You had a pretty good post going PT...until you said the following:    

This is a Patriots board, and if you have more critisizm for the team than appriciation, maby you truely should support the team you see to be more worthy of your fandom.

Why can't it sink through to you homers that Pats' fans who are critical of their own team do so not for the sake of being critical, but because they care. They want their team to win a championship. Yet, here on this forum, anyone who dares criticize the Pats is deemed a troll...and gets personally attacked.

This is a Pats' football discussion forum. If everyone arees with everything that the Patriots or BB ever does, what is there to discuss?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You can also throw in these wonderful tidbits for further proof that rusty doesn't "know what he is talking about".

Jermaine Cunningham is better than Carlos Dunlap. We should trade Brady (said after the Cardinal's game). Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC. The receiving core is the best we ever had (said before LAST year's training camp). McCourty=better than Revis.  If we only gave the ball more to BJGE we would of won that Super Bowl. Shawn Springs is really really going to help this team. The reason why Ocho Cinco failed here is because of the stubborness of Tom Brady (Ocho then went on to slap his wife and never play in the NFL again). I could literally go on for an eternity.

Quantity does not equal quality - just because you have the time to post 500 times a day, does not mean you know football. 

LOL!!! Amen, brother.

Sections
Shortcuts