Banta-Cain still a Pat!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Banta-Cain still a Pat!!

Ian Rappaport of Boston Herald reports that Banta-Cain knew about getting cut and the plan is for him to resign..

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/

Still a weird thing to do. I mean He was making the veteran minimum of like 600 some thousand and it actually only charges 400 some against the cap I think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Banta-Cain still a Pat!!

Can't wait to learn the Paul Harvey Rest of the Story on this.  Something is going on...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

Maybe he is scared of flying... so they cut him the week they have to fly to London... lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

housekeeping

The contract probably had some vesting in it that wouldn't kick in. Who knows.

I knwo this. He is a much better edge rusher than Vrabel has been the last two seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Banta-Cain still a Pat!!:
    Ian Rappaport of Boston Herald reports that Banta-Cain knew about getting cut and the plan is for him to resign.. http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/ Still a weird thing to do. I mean He was making the veteran minimum of like 600 some thousand and it actually only charges 400 some against the cap I think.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan
    I'm no Paul Harvey but here's my guess as to why they released him its called roster spot protection,they have players on their practice squad that have knowledge or are valuable and just in case someone submits a claim the Patriots can only block any raid of their squad by having an available roster spot to put that player out of reach.My guess is that they are protecting Bruce Davis since there were quite a few injuries to linebackers this past weekend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

They might be clearing some cap space for something....  :O

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Banta-Cain still a Pat!!:
    Ian Rappaport of Boston Herald reports that Banta-Cain knew about getting cut and the plan is for him to resign.. http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/ Still a weird thing to do. I mean He was making the veteran minimum of like 600 some thousand and it actually only charges 400 some against the cap I think.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan
    it has to be with the players comeing off the pup list.for they are saying they will practice this week.sure there is a 21 day window,but i think they are going with these two players.they are also saying there isnt any trades in the works.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?&articleid=1205985&format=&page=1&listingType=pats#articleFull

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: Banta-Cain still a Pat!!:
    housekeeping The contract probably had some vesting in it that wouldn't kick in. Who knows. I knwo this. He is a much better edge rusher than Vrabel has been the last two seasons.
    Posted by zbellino

I like Banta-Cain and Vrabel was way down last year, but didn't Vrabel have 12.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles in 2007?  He was always around the quarterback two years ago.  Banta-Cain doesn't come remotely close to that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Banta-Cain still a Pat!!:
    In Response to Banta-Cain still a Pat!! : it has to be with the players comeing off the pup list.for they are saying they will practice this week.sure there is a 21 day window,but i think they are going with these two players.they are also saying there isnt any trades in the works. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?&articleid=1205985&format=&page=1&listingType=pats#articleFull
    Posted by mosseffect43

The PUP guys have 21 days and we have a bye next week. Tate has not played football for a year, never played in the NFL, never run a play with the Pats and they do not know if his knee is OK. I would be stunned if Tate is on the 53 man roster in the next three weeks. Maybe it is some housekeeping thing with TBC. Galloway is gone because there was no trade for him, so that opens a roster spot - why do they need two roster spots?

I think there is a trade or someone they are going to sign. Don't forget we just released Terdell Sands. Why not release Galoway or TBC one week earlier and keep Terdell? Something is up. Maybe Terdell is on his way back.

Sections
Shortcuts