Barkley stays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Barkley stays

do you think he saw what happened to the dirty sanchez and realized the need to develop more at the college level

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Barkley stays

I don't know what was behind his decision. It could be that with several QBs ahead of him the difference in what he could make as an earlier prospect next year is a better financial move. It could be that he just wants to win a bowl game or he may want a degree. Sanchez came out early and stunk but Leinart stayed and stunk more so I don't think there's any guarantees the fourth year. Personally I would take the money. Bradford stayed and damaged his shoulder the first game of his next year. He was able to heal and still be the first pick but that decision could have cost him millions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Life is short...he's got a chance to build some life long memories, get his degree & still be a top pick in the NFL draft next year....good for him...he'll still be a very rich man & have some more fantastic memories to carry with him for the rest of his life....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He's chasing a shot at a national championship and because of the new CBA he isn't risking an absurd amount of guaranteed money by staying.  Plus not being in the same draft as Luck makes it more feasible for him to be #1 next year (particularly if RGIII comes out this year).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Yeah, college football should be a big winner with the new CBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i tihnk it's the wrong decision.

i believe being in the nfl when you're young is like being in school. you don't really have to grow up. the only difference is that in the nfl you are rich; in college you are broke.

sure nfl now isn't as much money as it used to be, but top 5 salary is still more than what a big majority of college diploma holders will earn in their first 10 years post-college. the cost of the injury risk is still huge.

go nfl, get paid. if you want to go back to school, the do so after an nfl career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Top ten money is still alot it's just capped now, the NFL will not always be there, college will, colleges will accept students with bad knees the NFL won't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

I wonder if USC made him an offer he couldn't refuse. 

This decision impacts this draft quite a bit. Many pundits had the QB's ranked: Luck 1 and Barkley 1A. Now the top draft pick can command even more if a team wants to trade up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Barkley stays:
    [QUOTE]He's chasing a shot at a national championship and because of the new CBA he isn't risking an absurd amount of guaranteed money by staying.  Plus not being in the same draft as Luck makes it more feasible for him to be #1 next year (particularly if RGIII comes out this year).
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

dont think #1 pick came into it. yeah looks like hes thinking (been talked into believing they can win a championship) and the memories.
    if you get hurt and lose your career, maybe 100 million dollars.
     anyway a lot of money.
    dont think its the responsible thing for yourself or your family to risk it playing football for free. just not a smart move.

good luck to him though. till he goes to a rival in the nfl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Top ten money is still alot it's just capped now, the NFL will not always be there, college will, colleges will accept students with bad knees the NFL won't.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

exactly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if USC made him an offer he couldn't refuse.  This decision impacts this draft quite a bit. Many pundits had the QB's ranked: Luck 1 and Barkley 1A. Now the top draft pick can command even more if a team wants to trade up. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

yip.
    i posted in the other thread on same topic.