Bart Scott say's anything less than a superbowl will be a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Bart Scott say's anything less than a superbowl will be a joke

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/new-york-jets-linebacker-bart-scott-says-season-without-super-bowl-title-would-be-a-joke.html

Saw this article on NESN. I was pretty sure the Jets were a joke already!?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Bart Scott say's anything less than a superbowl will be a joke

"after a while"? I think "joke" is already the word most apt to define the jets circus.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If the Jets go further than us in the playoffs again this year, our season will be a joke. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

the best part is our team is getting better they are getting worse with age!  plus they might lose a lot of players in FA when it finally arrives.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There are only two things that are of great significance in an NFL season. Did you make the playoffs? Did you win the SB?

If managing to fail took you a bit longer than the next guy, it really doesn't mean much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

The Jets had a better season than us to Bart Scott can say what we wants - for now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This thread is only two threads away from the May 21, 2011 doomsday thread.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I read the article on NFL.com, and it seems most of the comments suggested the Jests were already a joke! Except, of course, the few delusional fans who claimed Sanchez was better than both Brady and Manning as the Jests won games against NE and Indy in January. Bart Scott is correct, to a degree. But the simple fact is that the Jests have been a joke since before this idiot was even born! Other than the Lions they have gone the longest without winning a conference championship, yet being from NY (or at least near it) they feel the need to continually run their mouths. Rex Ryan is only the latest of the braggarts. Though I suppose he's got the biggest mouth of all (having to be able to talk smack and still have enough room for a foot and a couple twinkies in there!), and therefore gets more press. But the biggest problem with the Jests is that they do not seem committed to building a championship team. They have not done so since the 60s. Look at the teams to continually make it to SBs. The Patriots, Steelers, and Colts have appeared in 8 of the last 10 SBs. All these teams have built through the draft. So did the Giants when they won SB42. Same with the Packers. The Jests are more like the Skins and try to buy talent for a quick shot. That very seldom works. Ryan's philosophy is to let these guy be "themselves" and to speak their minds. But reality is that a football team is 53 guys mostly under 35 years old. And football is a team game, so discipline is needed. The Jests have little to none. Bart Scott is trying to be the Ray Lewis of the Jests. But Ray didn't just talk smack and rile up his teammates. He taught the younger players and led by example. The only example Bart is setting is that whoever talks the loudest gets the most air time. All smoke and no substance. But the one thing he gets right is this...if they don't win it all this time around everyone will consider them a joke. Of course, us Patriots fans have known this fact since before Bart or Rex joined the team!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When you think about it, wouldn't we agree that for any NFL team to have the SB as the ultimate goal is what we want to see out of the players and coaches of the team we support?  To not get there is considered a failure for the reason to play the game, which is win and attain the league championship.

I guess the issue we have here is the "tone" of the comments emminating out of the Jets camp that they feel it is already their's to lose.  When you make predictions you are going to win it all, PERIOD, is a mighty big boast that is truly hard to back up no matter how good your team is.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bart Scott say's anything less than a superbowl will be a joke:
     In high school I lettered in cutting class,smoking hash(REMEMBER THAT) and stealing rims and tires.No one smokes hash anymore so that skill hasnt helped me,but midnight auto can always be useful.On a different note operation Miranda is back on track along with Iceman already in progress.My beer can moon rocket has suffered a series of set backs based around the crushed velvet seats and staining.
    Posted by Mybologna

The only Blonde I ever enjoyed hitting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: Bart Scott say's anything less than a superbowl will be a joke:
    If I memory servers me right and I believe it does, the JETS have won a Superbowl.  They won it most likely before any of you idiot kids were even born!
    Posted by PatsHaterinCO

Nobody here ever said they hadn't won a SB. What we have been saying is that it was 42 years ago, before Bart Scott was even born! The only team who has gone longer without appearing in the SB is the Lions. And I think we'd all agree they are pathetic! Even their own fans will admit it!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

If I memory servers me right and I believe it does, the JETS have won a Superbowl.  They won it most likely before any of you idiot kids were even born!
    Posted by PatsHaterinCO

I was born but here's a few historical references for you.....

The Jets won a Super bowl....

While the Beatles were still together.
    Before the first moon landing.
    Before Woodstock.
    Before Nixon became president.
    Before the personal computer was invented.
    Before most people owned color TVs.
    Before touch tone phones.
    When gas was 35 cents a gallon.

Sections
Shortcuts