BB A Hypocrite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

BB A Hypocrite?

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20131005-belichick-longs-for-the-day-when-loyalty-mattered.ece

Is he a hypocrite when discussing loyalty in the NFL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BB A Hypocrite?

He talks about loyalty yet cuts a guy for having diabetes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Yes and no. this isn't the nfl from the 1960s. Elite players get paid elite dollars. Some who are not selfish and do what's best for the team are rarity. In this day you can't expect elite players to take hometown discounts just because they like being here. Football players have a short life span, so they need to maximize earnings while they can. This is reality. Bb knows that. Anything else except for the occasional one off is yesteryear. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Our QB's last 3 AFC Title games:

3 TDs, 7 INTs

I have the right to bash my team's QB who sucks, yes.

Just yesterday you said that stats don't matter in football.  Now you're using them.

Oh, and you are the only person ON THE PLANET that think Tom Brady sucks.  You are the biggest troll on this site. 

I'm honestly stunned even to read that.  You've posted so much garbage, but never that Brady sucks. 

Credibility:  zero

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

3 TDs, 7 INTs

Just yesterday you said that stats don't matter in football.  Now you're using them.

Oh, and you are the only person ON THE PLANET that think Tom Brady sucks.  You are the biggest troll on this site. 

I'm honestly stunned even to read that.  You've posted so much garbage, but never that Brady sucks. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't pay mr fact checker any mind. He uses whatever "facts" and then most of the time supposition to support his lame hypothesis. You know, things like Brady's ego, things he can prove. Things you'll find in the Enquirer or on TMZ. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He talks about loyalty yet cuts a guy for having diabetes.

This is so trollish.  

Zolak said there were some laziness issues with Love. His weight loss and diabetes was a secondary issue. You can't have a lighter, one dimensional DT who has no value as reserve NT make your team.

B's Legion was on here defending you last night for not being  a troll. I have lost respect for B's legion.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, speaking ill of BB is "trollish" yet bashing Brady every day for years is "speaking the truth"  What an idiot you are.

[/QUOTE]

3 TDs, 7 INTs

Even your bust. Geno Smith, can find a way to not throw INTs like he did last night.  Amazing what happens when you don't ignore a run game as a QB, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Yes you do, it's called a free country. Just don't get your panties all creamy when someone does the same to BB the GM and resort to name calling and put downs. What's good for the goose...right Russ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Its not hard for Belichick to be loyal while being paid more than any other coach in the league.  He's probably pretty happy that there's no salary cap for coaches, but I do wonder if there is a stipulation in his contract that says "in order to maintain this salary, the team must remain under the cap by 5 mill every year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Belichick isn't a hypocrite in my book, players know that he acts ruthlessly on behalf of the team which is what at good coach/GM have to do in this league. People who expect these guys to be saints are the ones who need to rethink. 

Unfortunately for him the Pats are judged by postseason play, that's because the bar is so high given the legacy he has built. 

The only things I object to about Belichick in this forum are: 1. treating him like is a God or someone who can never be questioned, or 2. pretending like the brilliant cap minutia fussiness is supposed to be a consolation for losing actual games. We are judged by results in this world not by the ability to fiddle around with rosters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20131005-belichick-longs-for-the-day-when-loyalty-mattered.ece

Is he a hypocrite when discussing loyalty in the NFL?

How is this "hypocritical"? He's simply reflecting back to the days where coaches weren't jumping from team to team like they do now in a BILLION dollar business.

Stability and continuity within the infrastructure of an organization is VITAL.

Thanks, Kraft and BB. How can you call yourself a Pats fan?

You trolls are a flippin' disgrace.

[/QUOTE]

Right and I agree with bb on this. But as you stated, its big business and people have goals, are impatient and want to get ahead. Just like Joshy. Not ready for a HC job, but took it anyway. Look where ended back up. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

3 TDs, 7 INTs

[/QUOTE]

This is hilarious.  where's russ?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Belichick isn't a hypocrite in my book, players know that he acts ruthlessly on behalf of the team which is what at good coach/GM have to do in this league. People who expect these guys to be saints are the ones who need to rethink. 

Unfortunately for him the Pats are judged by postseason play, that's because the bar is so high given the legacy he has built. 

The only things I object to about Belichick in this forum are: 1. treating him like is a God or someone who can never be questioned, or 2. pretending like the brilliant cap minutia fussiness is supposed to be a consolation for losing actual games. We are judged by results in this world not by the ability to fiddle around with rosters.

Do you object to scary dorks drooling=over an underperforming Brady, where they run around saying "GOAT" all day long as he gets worse and worse every year since 2010?

Hmm?

No one treats BB like a god, but when you understand your team has the best coach and GM ever, it's kinda hard to watch some here try to smear BB on a daily basis.

Defending BB is not "treating him like a god".

[/QUOTE]

Agree. But either is defending Brady or the defense. I can point to a number of brain fart$ bb the HC has had in recent playoff games as well but don't..because these are far and few between. 

Your point is correct, but also applies to everyone else on this board with an opinion. It's not your job to insure everyone sees the world like you do by using a mix of facts, supposition and insults in discussions with those that have different opinions.  Not unless you are running for president or political office...then obviously it's all fair game apparently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I use them for a quick synopsis as to why our QB sucks in AFC title games since 2007 at home.

That does not mean stats tell all within the sport of football. But, we ain't winning anything against good teams with that kind of QB play.

I already explained to you stats don't tell all but can be used to tell part of a story.  Part of our story is that Tom Brady has been a WORSE postseason QB since 2007.

It's not up for debate.  

Credibility and Honesty: 100%

What you consistently fail to mention is that they won two of those three games.  Why is that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Do you object to scary dorks drooling over an underperforming Brady, where they run around saying "GOAT" all day long as he gets worse and worse every year since 2010?

They only do it 365 days out of the year while mixing in a few "Kraft is cheap" lines while ignoring a worsening Brady.

Hmm? I can see if they're gay and think Brady is dreamy, but it's become annoying here. Some fans want to be real and follow the team. We don't care about Brady's looks or want to stop by his mansion for tea and crumpets.  That's their business. Don't make it everone else's here.

No one treats BB like a god, but when you understand your team has the best coach and GM ever, it's kinda hard to watch some here try to smear BB on a daily basis.

We're 4-1, would be 5-0 if Rosenhaus didn't involved and BB is the architect for what we have here.   

BB. 

Brady is not the end all be all. Never has been.  That became a myth in 2007 when BB unfortunately spoiled him and Brady became a stats hound for our team.

Anonymis is a troll. Either he did not read what he posted or he's doing more trolling. Or, he needs to buy a dictionary, Troll Spanky.

How about slapping  troll or two? Otherwise, it appears YOU are the hypocrite enabling them.

Bb spoiled him? a stats hound? Again, 2 very wrong and misleading statements.

First, bbs job is to surround great players with other great players to maximize talent and outcomes. He finally gave Brady a cadre of top notch wr's to utilize. And Brady killed it. exactly what bb wanted that offense to do. If they were one dimensional, blame bb and josh. They architected that 2007 offense. 

Second...Brady's job is to score points. He did this better then anyone else in 2007 and the facts support it. even bb says the offense job is to score. The 2007 team racked them up and ran up scores. Bb could have pulled Brady and the starters when we were 4 TDs ahead, but never did...why? I think some of it has to do with bb's ego, and wanting the flip the finger at goodelll. For the spy gate mess. Again, bb controls who plays and how much, not Brady. the mastermind has a very big ego.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Apparently winning a game with a lot of throwing TDs is not good.  A team must win with rushing TDs or they are not really wins.

A quarterback who throws for a lot of touchdowns isn't a good quarterback.  In order to be good, he must hand the ball off and have others do the work for him. 

Because that makes sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

3 TDs, 7 INTs

I use them for a quick synopsis as to why our QB sucks in AFC title games since 2007 at home.

That does not mean stats tell all within the sport of football. But, we ain't winning anything against good teams with that kind of QB play.

It's why GOmer Manning sucks in the postseason, especially outdoors.  It's why Denver got toasted by Baltimore for his 8th ONE AND DONE.  

I already explained to you stats don't tell all but can be used to tell part of a story.  Part of our story is that Tom Brady has been a WORSE postseason QB since 2007.

It's not up for debate.  

Credibility and Honesty: 100%

WRONG.  100% WRONG. 

If you deem something as extraneous (you said stats don't matter), then you cannot use them in any context to make a point.  not as a synopsis, not as a distertation, not at all.  Don't start qualifying and backpedaling your comments.  Own them.  If you were wrong, then first admit you were wrong.  No one put those words in your mouth for you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You don't have to agree with my gut feelings on Brady wanting to be more like Manning after getting 3 rings. But, you aren't changing my take on things. I have great instincts and I am right a lot. Period. I've been following sports for 30 years and have seen it all.

Brady put titles second, stats first.

I happen to be one who believes the story that Brady was pissed at the end of 2006 and let BB have it for needing to deal Branch.

BB then gets Welker and Moss. That's not spoiled? One slam dunk HOFer in his prime and the yang of that in an underneath slot guy in Welker?

Really?

YES. Spoiled.  SPOILED.  Gronk is the best TE to ever start a career in NFL history.  Hernandez was no slouch with what he provided a QB. SPOILED.

BB already acquired Moss and Welker before the witch hunt, by the way. Has nothing to do with it.

The fact is, if you aren't tweaking your offense every offseason in some small way, defenses catch up to you.

From 2005-2006, they unveiled a shotgun spread base.  They needed the tools. They got them in 2007.

In 2009, Brady still thought he could channel 2007. NOPE. Ok, so, then BB drafts two TEs to drive the seams with Welker. Success!

Moss was expendable, Branch was a better move because Branch runs all the routes from eevery spot, so in 2010, Brady's best year since 2006 in terms of being that wise QB, we had the best blanance and less predictability since 2004.

Brady was probably ticked when BB dealt Moss, but it was for his  own good. CLEARLY.. Brady was floundering early in 2010, hence why the best GM ever fixed the problem.

But, Brady was so spoiled overall like Rodgers or a Brees, now a Manning in Denver, he lost much of what made him THE BEST QB, pre 2007.

When the end of this month rolls around, just watch how much better Brady will look. He will look like 2010 from Weeks 5-17. Just watch. If he doesn;t, then he's mailed it in and he's done.

That is the longest list of garbage I've read here.

Ever.

Can't make that stuff up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Insecure.^^ Unable to counter, which means I win.  Not surpising.

Tell us again how Jagr was such a great fit for the Bruins, Nary A Clue.

With 1,900 posts in 16 days, the only think you win is the Loser of the Year Award.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I never said they don't matter, moron. I said they aren;t the end all be all like they would be in baseball.

With Rusty, the lies never end.  Even when facts are in black and white and undeniable, he still lies about them.

<br/><a href="http://oi44.tinypic.com/263zpty.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Must suck constantly losing debates to a loser, huh, Handy? Cannot be made up.

Every time you post something that no one ever reads or respects, means you're more of a loser than me.

Tell us why you moved to crappy Florida, Handy. bwhaha

Okay, so at least you're now admitting that you're a loser.  That's a good first step.

As for my personal life, it's none of your business you freakin' creep show.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Insecure.^^ Unable to counter, which means I win.  Not surpising.

Tell us again how Jagr was such a great fit for the Bruins, Nary A Clue.

With 1,900 posts in 16 days, the only think you win is the Loser of the Year Award.

I agree.  Does this guy have a life?  Does he even work? Does he live with Mother and sponge of her social security?  He thinks I am some other poster, a jets fan, and all I see from him here is attacking Brady and defending Bill Belichick and the defense to no end.  He contradicts himself all the time.  I'm not sure he is normal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Do you object to scary dorks drooling over an underperforming Brady, where they run around saying "GOAT" all day long as he gets worse and worse every year since 2010?

They only do it 365 days out of the year while mixing in a few "Kraft is cheap" lines while ignoring a worsening Brady.

Hmm? I can see if they're gay and think Brady is dreamy, but it's become annoying here. Some fans want to be real and follow the team. We don't care about Brady's looks or want to stop by his mansion for tea and crumpets.  That's their business. Don't make it everone else's here.

We're 4-1, would be 5-0 if Rosenhaus didn't involved and BB is the architect for what we have here.   

BB. 

Brady is not the end all be all. Never has been.  That became a myth in 2007 when BB unfortunately spoiled him and Brady became a stats hound for our team.

Anonymis is a troll. Either he did not read what he posted or he's doing more trolling. Or, he needs to buy a dictionary, Troll Spanky.

How about slapping  troll or two? Otherwise, it appears YOU are the hypocrite enabling them.

Bb spoiled him? a stats hound? Again, 2 very wrong and misleading statements.

First, bbs job is to surround great players with other great players to maximize talent and outcomes. He finally gave Brady a cadre of top notch wr's to utilize. And Brady killed it. exactly what bb wanted that offense to do. If they were one dimensional, blame bb and josh. They architected that 2007 offense. 

Second...Brady's job is to score points. He did this better then anyone else in 2007 and the facts support it. even bb says the offense job is to score. The 2007 team racked them up and ran up scores. Bb could have pulled Brady and the starters when we were 4 TDs ahead, but never did...why? I think some of it has to do with bb's ego, and wanting the flip the finger at goodelll. For the spy gate mess. Again, bb controls who plays and how much, not Brady. the mastermind has a very big ego.

You don't have to agree with my gut feelings on Brady wanting to be more like Manning after getting 3 rings. But, you aren't changing my take on things. I have great instincts and I am right a lot. Period. I've been following sports for 30 years and have seen it all.

I happen to be one who believes the story that Brady was pissed at the end of 2006 and let BB have it for needing to deal Branch.

BB then gets Welker and Moss. That's not spoiled? One slam dunk HOFer in his prime and the yang of that in an underneath slot guy in Welker?

Really?

YES. Spoiled.  SPOILED.  Gronk is the best TE to ever start a career in NFL history.  Hernandez was no slouch with what he provided a QB. SPOILED.

BB already acquired Moss and Welker before the witch hunt, by the way. Has nothing to do with it.

The fact is, if you aren't tweaking your offense every offseason in some small way, defenses catch up to you.

From 2005-2006, they unveiled a shotgun spread base.  They needed the tools. They got them in 2007.

In 2009, Brady still thought he could channel 2007. NOPE. Ok, so, then BB drafts two TEs to drive the seams with Welker. Success!

Moss was expendable, Branch was a better move because Branch runs all the routes from eevery spot, so in 2010, Brady's best year since 2006 in terms of being that wise QB, we had the best blanance and less predictability since 2004.

Brady was probably ticked when BB dealt Moss, but it was for his  own good. CLEARLY.. Brady was floundering early in 2010, hence why the best GM ever fixed the problem.

But, Brady was so spoiled overall like Rodgers or a Brees, now a Manning in Denver, he lost much of what made him THE BEST QB, pre 2007.

When the end of this month rolls around, just watch how much better Brady will look. He will look like 2010 from Weeks 5-17. Just watch. If he doesn;t, then he's mailed it in and he's done.

Brady's JOB is to manage the offense wisely, not just score a lot of points. Gomer Manning once thought what you just said is true, but we saw why for years and still do, what that is absolutely false.

There is a lot more to the game than just racing to score points.  Buffalo Bills lost 4 straight Sbs with that, Dan Marino never got it, Gomer still doesn't get it, Dan Fouts didn't get it, the Rams lost a SB with it and we lost TWO of them.

Fix Brady.

I am not trying to change your mind. But you pass off your gut feelings as fact, and although you may be right more than others, it doesn't mean you are always right.

let me use your logic here Russ. So, bb drafts a HOF in Seymour, then he goes out and grabs wilfork. Is bb spoiling Seymour? You are missing the point. This has nothing to do with spoiling. This has to do with winning. Wouldn't you want to surround your best players with guys that are also good? Thats bb's job as GM. Get the best talent to compliment your existing talent. That's all he did with moss and welker. You laud bb for fleecing uncle al, then in the same breath crap on bb for spoiling Brady? If anyone spoils, which they don't, its the guy at the top who acquires players. 

Getting the best players you can get is not spoiling players, its called doing your job as a GM. And using them to win is doing your job as a coach. What should have bb done...pick inferior talent like our receiving corps this year just to not spoil Brady and make it tough on the offense? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Really?

Brady's JOB is to manage the offense wisely, not just score a lot of points. Gomer Manning once thought what you just said is true, but we saw why for years and still do, what that is absolutely false.

There is a lot more to the game than just racing to score points.  Buffalo Bills lost 4 straight Sbs with that, Dan Marino never got it, Gomer still doesn't get it, Dan Fouts didn't get it, the Rams lost a SB with it and we lost TWO of them.

Fix Brady.

Harvey, I don't think getting Moss and Welker was spoiling Brady. Moss was considered pretty much washed up and I dont remember anyone predicting Welker would have the kind of numbers he did.

Also, back to the original topic, it's a business, but I never liked the fact that they cut Underwood the day before the SuperBowl. That was kind of shady, and Underwood handled it with a ton of class.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Moss was washed up in 2006?  Are you new to football? Moss was a malcontent and Moss's QB ws Andrew Walter.

Case closed.  The logic was to put a talent like moss in a sound environment with Brady.

Obvious slam dunk move.

Welker, was grabbing 70 balls from Cleo Lemon in Miami. Cleo Lemon is not a future HOF QB. DO the math.

FInally, cutting Underwood before the SB was roster move related due to inuries elsewhere on the roster that needed addressing, not to stick it to Underwood. Underwood wouldn't have played anyway, Ocho barely did. If we had won and Brady/Welker didn't choke for us in the 4th qtr, Underwood would have had a ring.  

Please try to gain the facts before mouthing off.

[/QUOTE]

Harvey, First of all how did I mouth off to you?  I simply engaged in a conversation with you. Thansk for attcking me though.

Moss had 42 catches for 553 yards with 3 TD in 2006. Pats got him for a 4th round pick. Declining performance and character issues made him a bit of a gamble. Was this not mentioned at the time?

And like I said before, I dont think anyone envisioned Welker going from 67 receptions to 112 and then consistently going over 100 receptions.

But hey, if you predicted Moss breaking TD records and Welker leading the NFL in receptions, then my apologies.

I thought you and I were discussing football latley in a friendly manner. Guess I was wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts