BB and Nick Busy - Sign a RB/FB

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: BB and Nick Busy - Sign a RB/FB

lol typical Pats. Every year they make a handful of moves where they sign then release the player they just sign then do it again and again right before the season starts.

I'd be surprised if Hilliard is on the team on Sunday

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

don't forget that Hilliard comes from the Phins. It's just as likely that it's a move to get into the Phins playbook as it is about getting a FB.

Also without Tennant what does that mean for C? Before they had Wendell, Connolly, and Tennant as an emergency because of McDonalds injury. It know looks as if Waters is truely gone which would move Connolly to RG and leave Wendell pretty much by himself to handle C? Unless they move Cannon to RG as the starter but since he hasn't played there yet it would be a huge sign of faith

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

wait a min, according to the article he was cut from Minn, but I thought he played for the Phins

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think this points to Waters comming back. He picks this guy up on waivers and signs him. Hilliard can't help the team much the first week but can help by week 2. The move will be to add Waters and waive either Bolden, Francis, Forson or Shincoe (or IR). The first three would be practice squad eligible and don't  offer a whole bunch to other teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They're getting free looks at players, this is how you file through multiple positions to find a skill set just in case of injury, you may sign one of these guys later in the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

They're getting free looks at players, this is how you file through multiple positions to find a skill set just in case of injury, you may sign one of these guys later in the season.

Although this could be true why would you do it wit a valuable roster spot right before the season starts unless you know you are going to fill that spot after week 1? Branch and Gaffney are possibilities to return simply because then their contracts aren't guarentied at that point and of course Waters could also suddenly come back but that's a lost spot just to update files? How much can you actually learn from a workout and 1-2days of workouts? I actually can't think of a player they did this to and they later made the team with some type of improvement.

Rusty - I'm not to concerned with RT honestly. The surgery on Vollmer's back usually drastically improves the issues significantly or actually causes more pain almost immediately. If he felt well after his preseason game then odds are in his favor that at least for this one season his back won't revert. But, we'll get a much better idea on if that's the case after week 1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Has there ever been a greater search for a fullback in NFL history? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

PatsEng,

We've had players on our practice squad that bounced around the league, eventually made their way back to our practice squad and contributed to the team.  Detailed files of players you scouted out of college who could provide depth down the road is only a good thing...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

PatsEng,

We've had players on our practice squad that bounced around the league, eventually made their way back to our practice squad and contributed to the team.  Detailed files of players you scouted out of college who could provide depth down the road is only a good thing...

PS and the 53 man squad are two completely different things. I completely agree that having up to date files is essential but you usually do it in preseason before the 53man cut. Once you reach the 53man mark it's rare that you use a spot just to update files. Bringing them in for workouts or onto the PS is one thing but taking up a roster spot with less then a week before the opening game to update files?

imo, it's more likely they thought Tennant was going to work out and then after a couple of days decided he needed more work then they wanted to put into a 53man squad guy so they moved on to the next guy. Typically they do this a lot but the guy they finally do settle on tends to stick for the season or goes on the IR with a mysterious injury. I think it's more of them looking for that instant connection, sort of like speed dating, instead of just updating files

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

At this point, Waters will not be around for week one. Maybe he doesn't want to play with replacement officials and is waiting for Ed Hochuli's return.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I think that this might turn out to be a nice pick up. Hilliard is a better blocker than any of the other running backs. So if he helps keeping Brady upright and catches an occasional pass out of the backfield I see it as a big plus.

Sections
Shortcuts