BB: "Encouraging with Cannon"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: BB: "Encouraging with Cannon"

Put this guy's locker next to Brian Waters. let him learn to be a pro and then let him get his feet wet if possible this year and unleash him next year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: BB: "Encouraging with Cannon":
    [QUOTE]Put this guy's locker next to Brian Waters. let him learn to be a pro and then let him get his feet wet if possible this year and unleash him next year
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Why would we not have Waters for another year atleast. That guy is a stud. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB can only have 53 players on the active roster at one time.  As long as Waters and Mankins are performing well, Cannon can sit on the PUP list through week 9 or can go on the IR and be a non-rookie next year.  If needed, Cannon jumps right off the list and onto the roster.  Right now, BB needs Faulk and Ron Brace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB: "Encouraging with Cannon" : Why would we not have Waters for another year atleast. That guy is a stud. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

I like waters too, but not sure what he signed for.....I assumed it was a one year deal and even if not, I guess I was hoping he would be ready to start next year.

If healthy and he is comfortable I think it will eventually be an upgrade. if not for his condition he might have been a second rounder

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Waters signed a 2-year deal; undisclosed terms.  I think a lot will depend on Seabass' health as to whether Cannon is brought onto the 53-man roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is adept on how and when to include a player. The situation is in good hands.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He practiced today.  Go Cannon!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Is SeaBass looking at IR then?  Back problems can take a while.  Dogged Urlacher for years.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

easy king...

Mankins>Waters

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Agree King.  As good as he is, Mankins has been beat a few times and had a couple of stupid, costly penalties.  The same could not be said of Waters this year.

The beauty is that this may be one of the best O lines in Pats history.  Even the guys on the bench are very good.  You can see it in the running game. Sorry Nick K., but you were hurting this team big time.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Cannon was the one OL I was really hoping to get. It's rare you see someone his size running with a RB and blocking down field but this is what Cannon did in college. I thought he was a low 1st early 2nd talent (for a G that's high praise) and was beyond excited we got him in the 4th. Steal of the draft if he starts.

But, I'd like him to be red shirted this year and just learn next to Waters. If Waters can be signed for another year I'd do a Light/Solder type of thing with Waters and Cannon for a year. I know because of Vollmer, Solder has had to start but the idea imo was that Solder would be worked into the starting role eventually taking it over for the last 4 games of the season. I can see Waters starting the season then becoming a backup by the end of next season. The only question is, if he's playing himself out of NE next year and if he'd want that type of mentoring role knowing Cannon's right on his back

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I think waters is better in the pass game but Mankins is better during run. Either way both are top 5 guards in the NFL. good to have for tom

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Mankins needs to take Waters out to dinner every week. The difference in their pay is probably huge but the dropoff in play is minimal.  I guess leadership is pricey...lol

I know one thing. Mankins better not give up any sacks in the playoffs!  Does anyone think Logan has looked anywhere near what he was in his 1st and 2nd years here compared to the last couple years?  He is still good but when he first go here he was a rock who constantly moved his man to where he wanted him to go. Now he is still good but doesnt look like the best guard in the league

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]No, he too, is sounding like he's in much better condition with his issues. He fielded questions today, which is usually a good sign. Very realistically, here are the names that could be added back or be closer to full health: DL:  Haynesworth, Brace, Deaderick OL: Vollmer, Cannon DB: Bodden, Dowling, Sergio Brown RB: Kevin Faulk All examples of high quality contributors, regardless of name on the jersey or how big their role is in the mix.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Great list.  Would think you could add edlman to the list. Only problem is can they stay healthy.  Most of these guys have spent multiple times out, not just once.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Not really trying to get involved in the Mankins/Waters argument! I really hope Cannon is a sucess though. God bless him for going what he's been through!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Waters is yet another example of a Belichick pick-up that is a great contributer. Anyone know about the health of Vollmer. Having Vollmer and Cannon healthy creates depth on an O Line that has been very good so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Adding Cannon will have nothing to do with Waters or Mankins but (1) Cannon V one of the back up OLs and/or (2) injuries to any of the OLine and of course (3) Cannon's readiness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Great news on Cannon. Inspiring that BB picked this kid when all the odds were against him. I agree make him eat, sleep and whatever next to one of the veteren OL and learn everything and become a beast

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we use one of our 4 picks in the first two rounds on a C, we can have an O-line of Solder-Mankins-stud rookie-Cannon-Vollmer next year and for years after. Very pleased.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]BB can only have 53 players on the active roster at one time.  As long as Waters and Mankins are performing well, Cannon can sit on the PUP list through week 9 or can go on the IR and be a non-rookie next year.  If needed, Cannon jumps right off the list and onto the roster.  Right now, BB needs Faulk and Ron Brace.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

why does bb need faulk?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

As Tom Brady gets older having the best O-line he's ever seen becomes all the more important.

Sections
Shortcuts