BB and Seau

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

BB and Seau

Gotta wonder if those phone calls BB made to Seau from 2006-2009, extended his life (allowed him to continue doing what he loves) or helped shorten it (more concussions)

Anways, can't wait to hear what BB has to say about Seau... I know he was very fond of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: BB and Seau

In Response to BB and Seau:
    Gotta wonder if those phone calls BB made to Seau from 2006-2009, extended his life (allowed him to continue doing what he loves) or helped shorten it (more concussions) Anways, can't wait to hear what BB has to say about Seau... I know he was very fond of him.
    Posted by dapats1281
    great post comrade.. fact is bb could have done more but its not really his job. he saw a guy in need who he could exploit as a baller and brought him in.. period. just like with lawrence taylor, bb didnt focus on all that other peripheral life stuff. its all football all the time. the good news about bb's approach is you get great football players. no hobbies, no distractions, all in guys. bad news is you tend to attract a lot of lawrence taylor-seau types who can only thrive within a robotic structure like the pats present.

once they leave a bb, they are lost. they are really mental  midgett and stunted men. i do believe there is some cte brain damage involved but part of it is just life coping skills. y isnt jim mcmahon shooting himself? y is it always defense types.. notice that? always the tough one-dimensional safety, linebacker types that tend to off themselves (duerson, waters, seau) and take the coward way out  rather than working on their souls and admitting to their human weaknesses. you just show no weakness at all times, everyone must always see him/them at his superhero best no matter what.

i hope the blowhards who start threads like goody should be fired, can get the connection between what he is trying to accomplish and how it could impact the long term quality of these guys' lives down the road. the bb way is a winner's football way, i just hope he would risk broadening it up just a little bit to make sure these guys have meaningful lives beyond football they can return to. i would be shocked if ty warren ever shoots himself. yet going with the feedback from my sources, bb was outraged to find out how much ty was emphasizing his education over football  during his rehabs. to me, that should be encouraged. finding perspective is a good thing as long as they dtill put in their football reps. i just hope in 18 years, these current pats arent trending the way of the 1994 chargers or 1986 bears! that would be a shame!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: BB and Seau:
    In Response to BB and Seau : great post comrade.. fact is bb could have done more but its not really his job. he saw a guy in need who he could exploit as a baller and brought him in.. period. just like with lawrence taylor, bb didnt focus on all that other peripheral life stuff. its all football all the time. the good news about bb's approach is you get great football players. no hobbies, no distractions, all in guys. bad news is you tend to attract a lot of lawrence taylor-seau types who can only thrive within a robotic structure like the pats present. once they leave a bb, they are lost. they are really mental  midgett and stunted men. i do believe there is some cte brain damage involved but part of it is just life coping skills. y isnt jim mcmahon shooting himself? y is it always defense types.. notice that? always the tough one-dimensional safety, linebacker types that tend to off themselves (duerson, waters, seau) and take the coward way out  rather than working on their souls and admitting to their human weaknesses. you just show no weakness at all times, everyone must always see him/them at his superhero best no matter what.  i hope the blowhards who start threads like goody should be fired, can get the connection between what he is trying to accomplish and how it could impact the long term quality of these guys' lives down the road. the bb way is a winner's football way, i just hope he would risk broadening it up just a little bit to make sure these guys have meaningful lives beyond football they can return to. i would be shocked if ty warren ever shoots himself. yet going with the feedback from my sources, bb was outraged to find out how much ty was emphasizing his education over football  during his rehabs. to me, that should be encouraged. finding perspective is a good thing as long as they dtill put in their football reps. i just hope in 18 years, these current pats arent trending the way of the 1994 chargers or 1986 bears! that would be a shame!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Commie

This is one of your best posts. Nice to see you providing some moral leadership to the board!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Hopefully more info will come out down the road as to whether this had something to do with concussions, ped's, or if he missed football so much he didn't know what else to do.  Maybe it's a combination of the three.   The whole thing is sad and hopefully some good will come out of this. 

Not sure the NFL really knows what to do in regards to head injuries.  Maybe they need to come down harder on guys that deliver head shots.  I think they also need to come down on offensive players that put their head down and use it like a battering ram.  If you're going to call it on defense you should call it on offense too.  Maybe they develop programs for players after football and have help more available to them.  They have programs for rookies entering the league but correct me if I'm wrong nothing for players retiring. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: BB and Seau:
    In Response to BB and Seau : great post comrade.. fact is bb could have done more but its not really his job. he saw a guy in need who he could exploit as a baller and brought him in.. period. just like with lawrence taylor, bb didnt focus on all that other peripheral life stuff. its all football all the time. the good news about bb's approach is you get great football players. no hobbies, no distractions, all in guys. bad news is you tend to attract a lot of lawrence taylor-seau types who can only thrive within a robotic structure like the pats present. once they leave a bb, they are lost. they are really mental  midgett and stunted men. i do believe there is some cte brain damage involved but part of it is just life coping skills. y isnt jim mcmahon shooting himself? y is it always defense types.. notice that? always the tough one-dimensional safety, linebacker types that tend to off themselves (duerson, waters, seau) and take the coward way out  rather than working on their souls and admitting to their human weaknesses. you just show no weakness at all times, everyone must always see him/them at his superhero best no matter what.  i hope the blowhards who start threads like goody should be fired, can get the connection between what he is trying to accomplish and how it could impact the long term quality of these guys' lives down the road. the bb way is a winner's football way, i just hope he would risk broadening it up just a little bit to make sure these guys have meaningful lives beyond football they can return to. i would be shocked if ty warren ever shoots himself. yet going with the feedback from my sources, bb was outraged to find out how much ty was emphasizing his education over football  during his rehabs. to me, that should be encouraged. finding perspective is a good thing as long as they dtill put in their football reps. i just hope in 18 years, these current pats arent trending the way of the 1994 chargers or 1986 bears! that would be a shame!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Im not blaming BB for potentially damaging Seau even more... He couldn't have known.

And I agree about Goodell. I've been in full support of him for a while. Players seem to hate him...but most analysts will agree with Goodell's rulings. 

Players want to play the game, and their focus is playing the game. Can't bash them for that...but this focus seems to be clouding them from the bigger picture. Looking back in hindsight, I'm sure most players would wish for safer rules had they known what we know now...

Players will continue to hate on Goodell from taking them away from the game they love with these suspensions...but Goodell's hope is that 10-20 years from now, players wont be going through what many retired players are going through now.

The short term costs outweigh the immediate benefits....but the long term benefits of what Goodell is trying to do should save lives

Sections
Shortcuts