BB Blames Increase In Injuries Due To Practice Rule Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: BB Blames Increase In Injuries Due To Practice Rule Changes

read this on espn a couple hours ago. not surpised by it. sort of an exucse but totally true in what he is saying. that lockout is still having trickledown effects to the present day

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

I think BB just wants to be able to coach his players up more on the practice field than he currently can. NEs practices are very well run and his teams always get better as the season progresses, especially on D. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

All the conditioning and practice in the world would not of prevented GRONKS injury. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Maybe not Gronk's injury but what about Willfork's. I can see the Pat's doing some tweaking in their off season program to help these guys prevent career/season ending injuries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't agree with the premise. If you look at starters games lost to injury, the Pats have been pretty much around the same number in 3 of the past 4 years, including this year...

To say the Pats are the "most injured" is also false, as a few other teams have lost more "starters games" to injury than the pats have this year...

I would agree with Vince and Gronk, and I guess include Kelly and Mayo, one could argue the Pats have lost more pro bowl starters games to injury, but by shear numbers, that pats are in line with prior years! and with other teams this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't agree with the premise. If you look at starters games lost to injury, the Pats have been pretty much around the same number in 3 of the past 4 years, including this year...

To say the Pats are the "most injured" is also false, as a few other teams have lost more "starters games" to injury than the pats have this year...

I would agree with Vince and Gronk, and I guess include Kelly and Mayo, one could argue the Pats have lost more pro bowl starters games to injury, but by shear numbers, that pats are in line with prior years! and with other teams this year

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  I would have thought otherwise but I'll take your word for it.  I think (opinion here, not based on any evidence) Gronk's injuries are a function of two things:  his size and how he plays.  He's a big, athletic guy that presents a high profile target to defensive players and he fights for extra yardage with seeming disregard for his own physical well-being.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I'm going with BB on this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

If anyone should know BB does as he makes the case for what he truly believes the issues are...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

We used to always seperate ourselves from the pack around this time by having more padded practices which led to better tackling down the stretch and usually saw us being the tougher teams of whatever matchups we incured. This new lack of two of days, no extra padded practice days has reduced us to the same playing field and we still have a great december record but we arent beating up on people like we used to. I can agree with what he is saying but the bigger issue is when they started legislating hits and now you see all these knee injuries which S*cks but what are you gonna do? Good'hell is here to stay. He has an Agenda and is enforcing it.

The lack of practice makes us worse because BBs teams are prided on preparations so of course less practice hurts us more but most these injuries this year are result of goodell and his BS agenda to stop highlight reel hits. Now everytime someone goes down hard, the flags fly, so guys are going for players knees to protect their pay. Game is going to Chits now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  I would have thought otherwise but I'll take your word for it.  I think (opinion here, not based on any evidence) Gronk's injuries are a function of two things:  his size and how he plays.  He's a big, athletic guy that presents a high profile target to defensive players and he fights for extra yardage with seeming disregard for his own physical well-being.

[/QUOTE]

thru 15 games starters games missed by year;

2013-62

2012-35

2011-72

2010-71

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

I simply dont see the correlation.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I really dont care who the poster is, and if he is using an alias. I actually agree with the premise put forth by BB regarding some injuries, but not all injuries across the board. I simply dont see how a broken bone or ACL/MCL is averted by different practice rules.

I actually do see the concusion issue...better technique may lead to fewer concusions... 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

I simply dont see the correlation.

[/QUOTE]

Of course you don't, troll.   The lack of flow and repetition with less practices or the over-managament of those practices screws with human body schedule, so to speak.

We're not talking about a broken leg like Vollmer or the normal in game bad luck injuries. We're talking about everything else.

The spike in injuries is real and not a coincidence.

[/QUOTE]

the truth ding a ling is that there were more starter games missed (ie injuries) in both 2010 and 2011 than there were this year. So how come the numbers do not back up the assumption? coincidence? hmmm?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If Phatvirgin is a troll, he sure is doing a good job of posing as a pats fan. Other than the name phatvirgin that is likely a humorous insider joke, I dont see it. He just posts regular threads like anyone esle. Are you letting paranoia set in Rusty? Why is phatvirgin a troll?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You will never, ever be more intelligent than Bill Belichick, RKarp.  Ever.

Show us all players not just starters, as you sneakily maniupulate the data. Show us all of it or expect to be called out as a sneak that you are.

[/QUOTE]

the information available is only for the starters games missed...

I never, ever said, nor assumed I was smarter than BB. this board is simply a fun place to come and throw out Pats thoughts, comments and interesting reads..and it is fun to either agree or disagree. It is not "trolling" to disagree. We are still Pats fans if we disagree or do not agree 100% with some thing said. We are passionate Pats fans, who would like 16 wins per year, and a SB every year. Of course we understand it not possible, but like to have fun spewing about it.

Only you come here, with no life, and read into every little disagreement or criticism as some one threatening your existance..it must be a very small and lonely life you are living Russell. I actually take pity in you.

That said, I cant help myself bludgeoning you almost daily..it is so much darn fun!  

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

i totally enjoy when rusty gets bludeoned ,  the guys a total moron, i love the pats , thats why i come here,but what most of  you all say is drivel, but rusty is entertaing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoratLikePats. Show BoratLikePats's posts

Why people are upset in US and A when I pull out my schtick?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

did you even read the article, or because BB said i, it must be 100% correct? Let me mention some parts of the article;

What’s in question is whether injuries are, in fact, on the rise in the NFL, as Belichick suggested.

Though he didn’t cite specific numbers, Belichick said he was citing “a matter of record not opinion,” in saying injuries league-wide have been on the rise over the past three years.

League spokesman Michael Signora disputed Belichick’s assertions.

“We carefully monitor player injuries,” Signora said. “There is no evidence that the new work rules have had an adverse effect on the injury rate or that injuries have in fact increased.”

The NFL declined to released its numbers. But according to STATS, the number of NFL players finishing a season on injured reserve has risen significantly over the past 14 seasons.

From 2000-06, there was an average of 239 players on IR. That average has jumped to about 314 over the past seven years.

The low over that span was 192 in 2001, with the high being 353 in 2010, but that was before the new offseason rules came into effect.

As of Monday, there were 288 players on IR, the lowest total since 287 in 2008.

Those figures, however, don’t include players who have been on injured reserve and released by their teams during the season.

I simply ask the question, would the old rules regarding practice reduce injury? Common sense says no. The NFL says no. The data says no.

I stated I could see that the old practice rules could help teach better technique simply due to more reps. This indeed may help lower the rate of concussions. But how doesit lower the rate of broken bones and ACL/MCL injuries? 

Sections
Shortcuts