1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: BB Blames Increase In Injuries Due To Practice Rule Changes

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Phatvirgin is a troll, he sure is doing a good job of posing as a pats fan. Other than the name phatvirgin that is likely a humorous insider joke, I dont see it. He just posts regular threads like anyone esle. Are you letting paranoia set in Rusty? Why is phatvirgin a troll?

[/QUOTE]

Because he claims to be someone else here who we would know, but he's never divulged who that is. He knew far too much about this board immediately to not be someone else.

Not to mention, the name was debuted in a thread where Bustchise and I were going back and forth where I was calling Bustchise a fat virgin with almost every retort.  lol

Further, Bustchise once used his moniker "Phat Rex".  Get it? Bustchise went away for a bit, came back and debuted "Phat Virgin" in that same thread and his very first post was "there can only be one".

Thta's how I know. He thinks he's being sly, but he's too obvious to see where he slips up.

Why do you think I caught him with Bustchise, too? He thought he'd never be suspected as a Jets fan if he had a board name which admitted Sanchez as a bust with a little play on words board name like that. I thought it was way too obvious and I caught him.

It's too obvious. What's next, "HunterThompson45" and FootballExpert45" aren't Bustchise board names, too? LOL

All he does is showcase those names to make it seem like there are more human beings against me or others here, subtly taking shots at BB. He's here because BB left the Jets at the altar, dude. Could not be any more obvious.

We're talking about  45 year old virgin who lives in Paramus, NJ, works at a movie theater, lives in a basement, etc, so this means he was born in 1968. That is the year the Jets won the SB.  He's never even seen his Jets win an AFC Title game, whether it be 1983, 1998,, 2009 or 2010. 

See, I'm kinda intelligent SHizzles, at least more so than some here who think they know more than BB 24 hours a day, put it that way.

Born at night, not last night.

[/QUOTE]

Thats right sir. I dont know how I ever forget that. I am just a lowly gvmnt worker trying to pay the bills. I will leave troll espionage up to you. You keep fighting the good fight and thx for the insight.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

players should stop working out all together and add layers of fat to protect themselves

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going with BB on this.

[/QUOTE]

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

I simply dont see the correlation.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously have no clue about human physiology. Do you know why martial artists smack their hands into logs they have no hope of breaking? They cause themselves little injuries that heal quickly but make the injured area tougher and less likely to be reinjured. The same thing happens during training camp.

On top of that your stats are wrong again.

Why are you here when you are obviously a Jets fan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

We have lost 6 starters to IR (and one murder lol)

are we saying that every team loses that many every year? I

or even this yr

I don't think so

abnd btw ACLs are way up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

did you even read the article, or because BB said i, it must be 100% correct? Let me mention some parts of the article;

What’s in question is whether injuries are, in fact, on the rise in the NFL, as Belichick suggested.

Though he didn’t cite specific numbers, Belichick said he was citing “a matter of record not opinion,” in saying injuries league-wide have been on the rise over the past three years.

League spokesman Michael Signora disputed Belichick’s assertions.

“We carefully monitor player injuries,” Signora said. “There is no evidence that the new work rules have had an adverse effect on the injury rate or that injuries have in fact increased.”

The NFL declined to released its numbers. But according to STATS, the number of NFL players finishing a season on injured reserve has risen significantly over the past 14 seasons.

From 2000-06, there was an average of 239 players on IR. That average has jumped to about 314 over the past seven years.

The low over that span was 192 in 2001, with the high being 353 in 2010, but that was before the new offseason rules came into effect.

As of Monday, there were 288 players on IR, the lowest total since 287 in 2008.

Those figures, however, don’t include players who have been on injured reserve and released by their teams during the season.

I simply ask the question, would the old rules regarding practice reduce injury? Common sense says no. The NFL says no. The data says no.

I stated I could see that the old practice rules could help teach better technique simply due to more reps. This indeed may help lower the rate of concussions. But how doesit lower the rate of broken bones and ACL/MCL injuries? 

[/QUOTE]

Be suspicious when given chopped up data.  Notice they didn't give you the data.  They didn't even give you the data post 2011 except for this year which they admit is high.  Then they use an average of a completely irrelevant period (2000-2006 when we are talking post 2011).  Ever hear about the man who drowned in a river an average of six inches deep?

Then, the data they did give you was for IR only while missed games would be the obvious stat.  Is it true?  I don't know.  But I know two things, chopped up stats of partial averages compared to partial seasons of irrelevant stats don't give me confidence I'm getting the truth.  And Billy football isn't known for shooting his mouth off at press conferences about things he doesn't know about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

did you even read the article, or because BB said i, it must be 100% correct? Let me mention some parts of the article;

What’s in question is whether injuries are, in fact, on the rise in the NFL, as Belichick suggested.

Though he didn’t cite specific numbers, Belichick said he was citing “a matter of record not opinion,” in saying injuries league-wide have been on the rise over the past three years.

“We carefully monitor player injuries,” Signora said. “There is no evidence that the new work rules have had an adverse effect on the injury rate or that injuries have in fact increased.”

The NFL declined to released its numbers. But according to STATS, the number of NFL players finishing a season on injured reserve has risen significantly over the past 14 seasons.

From 2000-06, there was an average of 239 players on IR. That average has jumped to about 314 over the past seven years.

The low over that span was 192 in 2001, with the high being 353 in 2010, but that was before the new offseason rules came into effect.

Those figures, however, don’t include players who have been on injured reserve and released by their teams during the season.

I simply ask the question, would the old rules regarding practice reduce injury? Common sense says no. The NFL says no. The data says no.

I stated I could see that the old practice rules could help teach better technique simply due to more reps. This indeed may help lower the rate of concussions. But how doesit lower the rate of broken bones and ACL/MCL injuries? 

[/QUOTE]

Be suspicious when given chopped up data.  Notice they didn't give you the data.  They didn't even give you the data post 2011 except for this year which they admit is high.  Then they use an average of a completely irrelevant period (2000-2006 when we are talking post 2011).  Ever hear about the man who drowned in a river an average of six inches deep?

Then, the data they did give you was for IR only while missed games would be the obvious stat.  Is it true?  I don't know.  But I know two things, chopped up stats of partial averages compared to partial seasons of irrelevant stats don't give me confidence I'm getting the truth.  And Billy football isn't known for shooting his mouth off at press conferences about things he doesn't know about.

[/QUOTE]

This is more of the "double secret probation ESPN" based #'s rkarp loves to spout when he tries to destroy the Pats...he does this all the time....he wants to be Trey Wingo when he grows up...aim high karper, aim high! (BTW, only a pair of circus clowns would name their kid "Trey Wingo"!)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I do sort of question the stats, 

I would say this

these guys are getting too big, too strong  and  too fast for their frames

When you see so many guys just fall down without contact, when you see the incredible hits put on players there has to be , if not only more injuries, but more serious injuries

Then you have the cheap shot injuries like Gronks, where players don't take care of other players. Any player can be taken out and some are just too stupid to understand

The whole thing about aiming for the knees cause you cannot hit the head is mostly stupid, there may be times, but there is at Keats a 3ft difference if not more

I think its why BB has gone to more and more younger players,  and doesn't believe in over paying  for a player who may very well get injured.

Every year the war of attrition seems to be bigger and bigger

It was also posted here that a rb is using a safer helmet for coccusses, when the season is over we ought to comment on some of the Stupid things the nfl does like why the nfl doesn't mandate  the safer helmet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another poster put out the info yesterday, that there are 6-7 teams this year that have missed more starters games than the Pats. 

The same info stated that the Pats have lost more starters games in 2010 and 2011 than they have this year. 

Injuries are not up, they are simply more high profile this year for the pats than usual. 

Reported concussions are up...but concussions are the black hole that the NFL is afraid of. Non concussion injuries are on par with other years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

[/QUOTE]

You obviously have no clue about human physiology. Do you know why martial artists smack their hands into logs they have no hope of breaking? They cause themselves little injuries that heal quickly but make the injured area tougher and less likely to be reinjured. The same thing happens during training camp.

[/QUOTE]

This is clearly the dumbest response anyone has ever offered since I have been visiting the board. Congrats on your stupidity. 

Maybe the more times a player hits his head the less concussions will occur? Maybe the more times some one rolls on Vollmers leg, the less chance he will break it? 

Thank you for the laugh and come back when you have your high school equivalency certificate. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're wasting your time trying to explain anything to him.  He's dumb. He's literally dumb trying to sound smart after announcing he works for ESPN.

[/QUOTE]

Russell, even a dumb koff such as you must admit this analogy to karate is the dumbest offered here in all your years posting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to melswitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is more of the "double secret probation ESPN" based #'s rkarp loves to spout when he tries to destroy the Pats...he does this all the time....he wants to be Trey Wingo when he grows up...aim high karper, aim high! (BTW, only a pair of circus clowns would name their kid "Trey Wingo"!)

[/QUOTE]

Nitwits,

your aim should be attempting the English language with words and sentences, not pictures! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

these are the facts. yes they include starters only, not the entire roster;

thru 15 games starters games missed by year;

2013-62

2012-35

2011-72

2010-71

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

So when a Coach who has 40+ years of experience, has an opinion like this, stats prove him wrong?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this was also put out by ESPN/John Clayton

Games Missed By Starters, not the entire roster, starters only 

Games missed by starters due to injury or suspension through 15 games over the past four seasons.

Team 2013 2012 2011 2010

ARZ 54 44 38 29

ATL 69 30 31 13

BAL 34 58 24 43

BUF 35 50 79 53

CAR 52 56 77 61

CHI 47 20 52 19

CIN 31 51 40 36

CLE 23 52 47 42

DAL 53 65 34 23

DEN 61 58 30 41

DET 34 64 22 52

GB 56 77 42 83

HOU 45 22 33 33

IND 52 59 83 64

JAX 55 63 37 34

KC 21 51 50 18

MIA 30 19 24 34

MIN 44 26 34 42

NE 62 35 72 71

NO 71 21 17 30

NYG 87 41 62 25

NYJ 11 43 19 30

OAK 78 46 51 25

PHI 26 57 19 40

PIT 47 62 53 47

SD 74 35 59 63

SEA 64 13 62 51

SF 42 6 19 32

STL 41 25 72 33

TB 51 50 34 47

TEN 25 45 29 34

WAS 39 70 58 28

Total 1,514 1,414 1,403 1,276

Source: John Clayton's research

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is clearly the dumbest response anyone has ever offered since I have been visiting the board. Congrats on your stupidity. 

Maybe the more times a player hits his head the less concussions will occur? Maybe the more times some one rolls on Vollmers leg, the less chance he will break it? 

Thank you for the laugh and come back when you have your high school equivalency certificate. 

[/QUOTE]

Boy are you stupid, you always beat me by a wide margin for the stupidest post of all mankind! I love baiting you into your favorite game of taking things out of context. They train you well at ESPN!

Have you ever herd of micro fracture sugury? Do you have a clue about how muscles get stonger? Do you have any idea what flexibility training can do to avoid injury. Nope you don't. You just fire off the "stupidest" comment like it means something other than "I'm wrong, I know it but I don't want others to know rkarp doesn't really know what he is talking about."

So what retort will you come back with using your kindergarten education that the rest of your family is so proud you attained. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

these are the facts. yes they include starters only, not the entire roster;

thru 15 games starters games missed by year;

2013-62

2012-35

2011-72

2010-71

[/QUOTE]

The term Starters don't really apply to the Pats and haven't for a while. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

this was also put out by ESPN/John Clayton

Games Missed By Starters, not the entire roster, starters only 

Games missed by starters due to injury or suspension through 15 games over the past four seasons.

Team 2013 2012 2011 2010

ARZ 54 44 38 29

ATL 69 30 31 13

BAL 34 58 24 43

BUF 35 50 79 53

CAR 52 56 77 61

CHI 47 20 52 19

CIN 31 51 40 36

CLE 23 52 47 42

DAL 53 65 34 23

DEN 61 58 30 41

DET 34 64 22 52

GB 56 77 42 83

HOU 45 22 33 33

IND 52 59 83 64

JAX 55 63 37 34

KC 21 51 50 18

MIA 30 19 24 34

MIN 44 26 34 42

NE 62 35 72 71

NO 71 21 17 30

NYG 87 41 62 25

NYJ 11 43 19 30

OAK 78 46 51 25

PHI 26 57 19 40

PIT 47 62 53 47

SD 74 35 59 63

SEA 64 13 62 51

SF 42 6 19 32

STL 41 25 72 33

TB 51 50 34 47

TEN 25 45 29 34

WAS 39 70 58 28

Total 1,514 1,414 1,403 1,276

Source: John Clayton's research

[/QUOTE]

ESPN's stats are not to be trusted, everyone knows that!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't agree with the premise. If you look at starters games lost to injury, the Pats have been pretty much around the same number in 3 of the past 4 years, including this year...

To say the Pats are the "most injured" is also false, as a few other teams have lost more "starters games" to injury than the pats have this year...

I would agree with Vince and Gronk, and I guess include Kelly and Mayo, one could argue the Pats have lost more pro bowl starters games to injury, but by shear numbers, that pats are in line with prior years! and with other teams this year

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. We have had problems with too many injuries for years now, not just because of these new practice limitations.

I will say however that what he is saying - in theory - makes sense. I just don't think it has changed anything for us.

I think the real problem is we have had to over use some starters (because of busts)...Vince comes to mind. And we have signed too many older, cheaper players that haven't worked out (Kelly, Wilson). And then you can add in the fact we have drafted guys with injury problems in the past (Gronk, Dowling, Vollmer)...who are out with injury. And signed free agents who historically have been injury prone (Talib, Amendola).

When you bring in injury prone players, they tend to get injured.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boy are you stupid, you always beat me by a wide margin for the stupidest post of all mankind! I love baiting you into your favorite game of taking things out of context. They train you well at ESPN!

Have you ever herd of micro fracture sugury? Do you have a clue about how muscles get stonger? Do you have any idea what flexibility training can do to avoid injury. Nope you don't. You just fire off the "stupidest" comment like it means something other than "I'm wrong, I know it but I don't want others to know rkarp doesn't really know what he is talking about."

So what retort will you come back with using your kindergarten education that the rest of your family is so proud you attained. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough Dr Andrews..so tell us, how does more practice time and more pads practice reduce concussions and broken bones, as well as torn ACL's?

And please include the topic, do any players get hurt while practicing, and does fewer practices and less intense practice mean fewer injury during practice?

I am also very familiar with micro fracture similar to what J Ballard had. And Amare Stoudamire had. So tell us, does micro fracture improv the strength of bone to be stronger than before the surgery?

Go ahead and post any figures that you can find that contradict the numbers that ESPN put out....

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts