BB Blames Increase In Injuries Due To Practice Rule Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: BB Blames Increase In Injuries Due To Practice Rule Changes

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

BB and the rest of you are just positioning yourselves to blame the injuries on getting into the playoffs and then losing in the first round again.

BB and the rest of you are fooling no one.

You mean second round.  Please keep up.  They're going to get the bye.

What's the matter, Little Leon?  Didn't get that new rattle for xmas?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hey soups and how are ya!?

Let me rephrase that for you and the rest of the horribly accented!Instead of losing in the first round. Lets say that the pats will lose the first game they play in the playoffs and lets not forget.....the word.....again.

Then you will all fall back on the injuries.

I hope that clears things up!?

Are they going to lose that first round to the Jets?.....oh wait a minute...your beloved team didn't qualify. Maybe it's your coach or QB?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper. Show PestZapper's posts

BB and the rest of you are just positioning yourselves to blame the injuries on getting into the playoffs and then losing in the first round again.

BB and the rest of you are fooling no one.

LOL! YOU ARE THE FOOL!!!

Somehow, you think being eliminated from the playoffs 2 weeks before regular season ended is better than getting a playoff bye.

Must be 40 years of frustration $crewing with your understanding of the words winner and loser. Either that or you are just too dumb to know what a loser you are.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pesty! How are ya!? How much coal did you get in your stocking? You are coming acroos like you are mad at something or someone. We are here for you.

You obviously missed the point. Many of you do that all too often and then bring the Jets into the conversation. Why is anybody discussing the Jets in a pats forum?The infatuation with everything NYC is alive and well in NE I can see!

Focus-You are all setting yourselves up to use the injury excuse and I'm just calling all of you out on it. In a pats football forum of course!

but you said the Pats were going to lose to the Ravens 31-0 Leon. How did you come to that conclusion?..

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

The RAVENS?! In a pats football forum?

I thought we were discuusing the injury excuse that pats fans are setting themselves up to use!

Leon..repeat all the injury comments you want.......please justify your 31-0 prediction for a loss by THE PATS this past week?.......have a nice day!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

BB has a point with the injury theory. If the Pats get knocked out early because of that. They may have a justifiable point.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

it seems like the Pats were very effected by the injuries this season.  Maybe the change did have some sort of effect. They really should reconsider the rule.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

I'm going with BB on this.

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

I simply dont see the correlation.

You obviously have no clue about human physiology. Do you know why martial artists smack their hands into logs they have no hope of breaking? They cause themselves little injuries that heal quickly but make the injured area tougher and less likely to be reinjured. The same thing happens during training camp.

On top of that your stats are wrong again.

Why are you here when you are obviously a Jets fan?

This is clearly the dumbest response anyone has ever offered since I have been visiting the board. Congrats on your stupidity. 

Maybe the more times a player hits his head the less concussions will occur? Maybe the more times some one rolls on Vollmers leg, the less chance he will break it? 

Thank you for the laugh and come back when you have your high school equivalency certificate. 

Boy are you stupid, you always beat me by a wide margin for the stupidest post of all mankind! I love baiting you into your favorite game of taking things out of context. They train you well at ESPN!

Have you ever herd of micro fracture sugury? Do you have a clue about how muscles get stonger? Do you have any idea what flexibility training can do to avoid injury. Nope you don't. You just fire off the "stupidest" comment like it means something other than "I'm wrong, I know it but I don't want others to know rkarp doesn't really know what he is talking about."

So what retort will you come back with using your kindergarten education that the rest of your family is so proud you attained. 

Fair enough Dr Andrews..so tell us, how does more practice time and more pads practice reduce concussions and broken bones, as well as torn ACL's?

And please include the topic, do any players get hurt while practicing, and does fewer practices and less intense practice mean fewer injury during practice?

I am also very familiar with micro fracture similar to what J Ballard had. And Amare Stoudamire had. So tell us, does micro fracture improv the strength of bone to be stronger than before the surgery?

Go ahead and post any figures that you can find that contradict the numbers that ESPN put out....

I don't need to post figures, most of what I said is common knowlege. About the only thing that wouldn't be helped would be concussions.

So, all those hammys, groins, shoulders, pecs and hip problems probably wouldn't have happened.

With proper fexibility training some of those ligament tears wouldn't have happened. Just look what happened to Bruschi!

With more physical practices, the players wouldn't be as fatigued during the beginning and middle of the season and again injuries are more likely to happen when you are fatigued.

Ever hear the saying "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger." There is some truth to that.

As for ESPN stats, they make them up! They've been making them up for years so they can make whatever point they want and placate what ever fan base they want to appease.

What I can't understand is how does someone that pontificates about a subject they know nothing about have a job at ESPN... oh wait...it's ESPN!

Answer me this, why do martial artists hit and kick pieces of wood they have no hope of breaking? What happens to their bones and muscles when they do this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if you want to make a case regarding strains, muscle pulls or even concussions are due to poor technique, I can understand. I simply dont see the correclation between a blown out knee and practice time/prep and technique...as is the case with Gronk, Vince, Kelly, and Mayo.

Boyce and Cannon sprained their ankles. Vollmer broke a leg. Thompkins landed funny on his hip. Dobson cracked a bone in his foot. Hooman has a partial ACL...

You obviously have no clue about human physiology. Do you know why martial artists smack their hands into logs they have no hope of breaking? They cause themselves little injuries that heal quickly but make the injured area tougher and less likely to be reinjured. The same thing happens during training camp.

This is clearly the dumbest response anyone has ever offered since I have been visiting the board. Congrats on your stupidity. 

Maybe the more times a player hits his head the less concussions will occur? Maybe the more times some one rolls on Vollmers leg, the less chance he will break it? 

Thank you for the laugh and come back when you have your high school equivalency certificate. 

Boy are you stupid, you always beat me by a wide margin for the stupidest post of all mankind! I love baiting you into your favorite game of taking things out of context. They train you well at ESPN!

Have you ever herd of micro fracture sugury? Do you have a clue about how muscles get stonger? Do you have any idea what flexibility training can do to avoid injury. Nope you don't. You just fire off the "stupidest" comment like it means something other than "I'm wrong, I know it but I don't want others to know rkarp doesn't really know what he is talking about."

So what retort will you come back with using your kindergarten education that the rest of your family is so proud you attained. 

Fair enough Dr Andrews..so tell us, how does more practice time and more pads practice reduce concussions and broken bones, as well as torn ACL's?

And please include the topic, do any players get hurt while practicing, and does fewer practices and less intense practice mean fewer injury during practice?

I am also very familiar with micro fracture similar to what J Ballard had. And Amare Stoudamire had. So tell us, does micro fracture improv the strength of bone to be stronger than before the surgery?

Go ahead and post any figures that you can find that contradict the numbers that ESPN put out....

I don't need to post figures, most of what I said is common knowlege. About the only thing that wouldn't be helped would be concussions.

So, all those hammys, groins, shoulders, pecs and hip problems probably wouldn't have happened.

With proper fexibility training some of those ligament tears wouldn't have happened. Just look what happened to Bruschi!

With more physical practices, the players wouldn't be as fatigued during the beginning and middle of the season and again injuries are more likely to happen when you are fatigued.

Ever hear the saying "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger." There is some truth to that.

As for ESPN stats, they make them up! They've been making them up for years so they can make whatever point they want and placate what ever fan base they want to appease.

What I can't understand is how does someone that pontificates about a subject they know nothing about have a job at ESPN... oh wait...it's ESPN!

Answer me this, why do martial artists hit and kick pieces of wood they have no hope of breaking? What happens to their bones and muscles when they do this?

Okay. After reading what you say, I am convinced that I was correct. This is the dumbest post anyone has ever posted here at BDC..congrats. You did it, clearly beating out Mels Nit Witts who is actually Russell's porter here on BDC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Okay. After reading what you say, I am convinced that I was correct. This is the dumbest post anyone has ever posted here at BDC..congrats. You did it, clearly beating out Mels Nit Witts who is actually Russell's porter here on BDC

Surely the sign of a weak mind, giving up and declaring victory when shown how stupid your post really is. No wonder ESPN hired you! 

You never did answer the question why martial artists hit things they can't possibly break. Is that because if you did, it would validate my post? Try watching a particular episode of Time Warp from the Discovery Channel. It might enlighten you. But no, you obviously know everything and don't need to learn anymore.

And folks wonder why ESPN has gone so far down hill from when it was relevant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Surely the sign of a weak mind, giving up and declaring victory when shown how stupid your post really is. No wonder ESPN hired you! 

You never did answer the question why martial artists hit things they can't possibly break. Is that because if you did, it would validate my post? Try watching a particular episode of Time Warp from the Discovery Channel. It might enlighten you. But no, you obviously know everything and don't need to learn anymore.

The Dojo I am involved with ( yes, I am a brown belt) includes Shihan Don Rodrigues who has been National Coach of the USA Martial Arts team, as well as Sensei Christine Rodrigues, retired, but 7 times world champion, have both broken their knuckles countless times. So color you wrong.

I am waiting for you to post any legitimate figures be it ESPN or not that dispute the figures postd by John Clayton? 

You can admits you were wrong and defeat at any time, I will be watching for you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The Dojo I am involved with ( yes, I am a brown belt) includes Shihan Don Rodrigues who has been National Coach of the USA Martial Arts team, as well as Sensei Christine Rodrigues, retired, but 7 times world champion, have both broken their knuckles countless times. So color you wrong.

I am waiting for you to post any legitimate figures be it ESPN or not that dispute the figures postd by John Clayton? 

You can admits you were wrong and defeat at any time, I will be watching for you

Don't care who your coaches are other than to avoid them for not properly educating their student and also for possibly not knowing the limits of their own bodies (multiple broken knukles).

Just admit that you don't know what causes muscle to gain strength and bones to become stronger.

How many times have they broken their knuckles, did they do it during individual training or during a sparring session and did they break the same one more than once?

Have you ever heard the of the concept of "tearing down the muscle so you can build it  up"?

When you work out and feel "the burn" do you know what causes that burn?

Do you know what "Makawara training" is? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Take it easy with the LH. Not healthy. Slow down. Next week change it to RH.
    Or just change it to JO, keep it simple. We'll know who you are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Don't care who your coaches are other than to avoid them for not properly educating their student and also for possibly not knowing the limits of their own bodies (multiple broken knukles).

Just admit that you don't know what causes muscle to gain strength and bones to become stronger.

How many times have they broken their knuckles, did they do it during individual training or during a sparring session and did they break the same one more than once?

Have you ever heard the of the concept of "tearing down the muscle so you can build it  up"?

When you work out and feel "the burn" do you know what causes that burn?

Do you know what "Makawara training" is? 

I dont know anything about injuries. Neither do you. I did post accurate figures showing that injuries are not up since the practice rules have been changed. you have offered up nothing.

there have most likely been millions of pages of research on concussions. I would ask that you present 1 thought on how MORE HITS TO THE HEAD due to increased practice lower concussion rates.

I would like you to post simply 1 shread of evidence showing how additional practices reduce ACL/MCL tears?  

Practices have been reduced WITH PADS, weight training, has not been reduced. Strengthening muscles, tearing down muscles to build them up, an Makawara training has ZERO to do with practicing with pads on or off. (have you ever been to a practice session for any team?)

Rather than attempt to insult me, try to post something, anything, with some facts.

Until you do, I will stand by the information posted by John Clayton, which clearly states, since the practice rules have changed, there have not been more injuries than in years past.

I will also stand by my original premise. YOU WON! You have clearly posted the dumbest post on BDC most likely since its inception, and clearly since I have been here on the board.     

Sections
Shortcuts