BB building the all TE team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB building the all TE team?

Maybe not but it sure is funny. Not to mention that all these guys they brought in are ex-McDaniels players

But just for fun I'm building an O of TE's that the Pats have brought in for a look:

Fells(WR)                       Sciafe(LG)       Melillo/Herman(C)    Urban(RG)            Winslow (WR)

Gronk (LT)                                                   Schia (RT)  
                   Hooman (TE)      

Tebow (QB) 

Hern (HB)

Yes I know they didn't bring Tebow in for a look this year, but they did look at him in the draft and I kow he's not a TE but he might as well be since he's no QB either

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: BB building the all TE team?

Fells(WR)        Sciafe(LG)    Melillo/Herman(C)    Urban(RG)        Winslow (WR)

Gronk (LT)                                               Schia (RT)  
              Hooman (TE)      

Tebow (QB) 

Hern (HB)

Err this new format stinks this should look better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Could you imagine if Mark Bravaro was playing in this era?  Gronk, Hernando, Bravaro!  My gosh that would be awesome!  Wonder what typ of shape Bravaro is in these days...???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12 comment:

Could you imagine if Mark Bravaro was playing in this era?  Gronk, Hernando, Bravaro!  My gosh that would be awesome!  Wonder what typ of shape Bravaro is in these days...???

Not sure maybe BB will bring him in for a workout. He can give Wiggy another shot too!

I forgot about Ballard and Silvestro, lol. Either the person who is investigating these TE's really stinks or BB is playing a joke on all of us

List of players who have either practiced or expected to practice on the Pats:

Fells
    Schia
    Gronk
    Hern
    Ballard
    Silvestro
    Sciafe
    Urban
    Mellilo
    Herman
    Hoomanie%@c14(

That's 11 TE's! That is impressive
    did I miss anyone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

McD and BB want the right fit for the most important position on the team.

The real problem with the run game last year was not having more then 1 capable TE that could block AND catch.( We don't want Hern as a blocker) So when we marched Benny out in a run formation...they knew we were running.

Now we have 4 or 5 guys who could be used in 2 TE set's that can do both, PA will be better utilized. How about Gronk, Fells, with 5 O-linemen, a RB, Hernandez as off set FB, and Lloyd/ WW out wide!?!?! We could run, pass or play action pass, or screen!! Insert Fells as a FB with Gronk and Shank out there(or this other kid) POWER I FORMATION!

I love what we are seeing with the offense! This group screams variety, and has McDaniels thumb print all over it!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I mean Lloyd OR WW out wide of course....no edit....erghh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just had an idea. Why not dump Hilliard (lets face it he most likely won't last longer then a week anyways) and sign Winslow. Then you could see the first 5 TE formation  O.O

Picture it Hern and Winslow on the edges. Hern transitions back to HB and Winslow motions out to split WR. Then you have Gronk as your inside TE on the right side, Fells as your outside TE on the right side, and finally Hooman of the left side in tight. Now that would just be hcomical trying to see the D figuring out assignments

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

That's because Brady can't throw over 20 yards anymore.  So BB is filling the team with tight ends so all Brady has do is make 5 yards throws. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wonder if the search for a TE and the search for a FB aren't related.  BB gave his opinion on how a FB that lines up in the backfield prevents the defense from knowing thickside the extra blocker will be on like a TE or extra Olineman would.  

FBs and TEs have similiar size and skill sets and I think what he may be in search of is a guy to line up in the backfield who can block like Gronk, or run with the ball, or turn around and catch without giving away much to the defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I just had an idea. Why not dump Hilliard (lets face it he most likely won't last longer then a week anyways) and sign Winslow. Then you could see the first 5 TE formation  O.O

Picture it Hern and Winslow on the edges. Hern transitions back to HB and Winslow motions out to split WR. Then you have Gronk as your inside TE on the right side, Fells as your outside TE on the right side, and finally Hooman of the left side in tight. Now that would just be hcomical trying to see the D figuring out assignments

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21225741/report-winslow-fails-physical-pats
    \

Guess not Eng...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Maybe the most interesting and telling thing is when they move Welker to TE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Shank moved to new IR, eligible to return. The reason we signed monomnohhoommonuu.

Glad is was Shianco and not Vareen!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wonder if you have to declare Shank as the exception IR upfront or can you wait the 8 weeks and use it then?

If you have to declare that he's the exemption today then it's not worth using it this early on a #4 TE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I wonder if you have to declare Shank as the exception IR upfront or can you wait the 8 weeks and use it then?

If you have to declare that he's the exemption today then it's not worth using it this early on a #4 TE

from what i hear today, i get teh impression you decide now if they are in the "pool" to be eligible for that (and shank was made eligible for that i read today).

i answered someone who referenced shank as teh guy coming back from ir, with teh same thought you have. we'll see then, but at the moment, a te might not be teh most important piece; we'll have to see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's going to be very interesting to see how Belichick and McDaniels utilize all these TEs--and how defenses adjust.  Are we using them as receivers, run blockers, or extra pass blockers (to shore up a shakey O line and/or neutralize potent pass rushes)?  There are lots of possibilities here.  It seems like a three TE set would mean a de-emphasis of the deep passing game.  But maybe having three TEs in forces Ds to bring in more LBs or big safeties.  We can then keep the TEs in as blockers and give Lloyd (and other receivers) more time to run deep routes against fewer small, speedy DBs.   There are obvious ways to use TEs as receivers and run blockers--but don't forget they can be used to neutralize pass rushes too and to change the composition of the defense in ways that may actually help a single deep threat (like Lloyd) get more chances.  

Should be interesting to watch.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12 comment:

Not sure maybe BB will bring him in for a workout. He can give Wiggy another shot too!

I forgot about Ballard and Silvestro, lol. Either the person who is investigating these TE's really stinks or BB is playing a joke on all of us

List of players who have either practiced or expected to practice on the Pats:

Fells
    Schia
    Gronk
    Hern
    Ballard
    Silvestro
    Sciafe
    Urban
    Mellilo
    Herman
    Hoomanie%@c14( 

That's 11 TE's! That is impressive
    did I miss anyone?

[/QUOTE]Do you all realize 8 are still under contract with the Patriots! I said it yesterday and I'll repeat it today the 5 TE set is coming!The 4 TE set is a given....Hooman being the latest addition to the group and he has ties to McD also!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

4 and WW in the bubble behind all of the behemouths! No way does a defender find WW.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hernandez won't play as a tight end, they may as well remove that designation from his name.  He'll be an HBack, a Fullback, a slot receiver.  

Gronk and Fells will play tightend sets and Hoomanawanui if he sticks will be the road paving guy down near the goal line and on short down conversions.  

At the end of the day what all this means is that they'll try to keep Brady upright and more efficient in the clutch by running the ball... not always a popular sentiment around here but that's the way it is.

Sections
Shortcuts