BB Calls Out His O-Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: BB Calls Out His O-Line

"Explain this? Cause apparently I'm an idiot"

Much like you have taken away Maroneys big runs, I have taken away your meaningless chatter and revealed the true sentiment of your statement! You sir are an idiot and you probably just started watching Patriot football half way through 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: BB Calls Out His O-Line:
    [QUOTE]"Explain this? Cause apparently I'm an idiot" Much like you have taken away Maroneys big runs, I have taken away your meaningless chatter and revealed the true sentiment of your statement! You sir are an idiot and you probably just started watching Patriot football half way through 2007.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

You and Wozzy still haven't offered an explanation as to why Maroney's carries this year have averaged less than 3 YPC with the exception of 1, yes 1, carry a game. If you two want to continue wearing your Maroney underroos to bed together and support Maroney, then fine. All mediocre players have fans. But Maroney is hardly a stud RB. Even Maroney says himself that he hasn't played well this year. The stats are what they are.....and I've been watching the Pats since the 70's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Ok, so Wozzy seems to think that if we take all long runs away from "home run hitting RB's that all their YPC would look terrible". So here is a breakdown this season for Benson and Peterson. Benson certainly hasn't been a stud the past couple years, but Peterson has been. Lets look at their numbers, compared to Maroney's, and you all can see where the this analysis isn't off base.

Peterson

Game 1: 24 for 116 = 4.8 (64)
    Game 2: 14 for 65 = 4.64 (27)
    Game 3: 18 for 50 = 2.77 (35)
    Game 4: 24 for 43 = 1.79 (12)
    Game 5: 13 for 48 = 3.69 (15)
    Game 6: 21 for 85 = 4.04 (58)
    Game 7: 17 for 50 = 2.94 (19)

YPC for the season = 3.5

Benson

Game 1: 20 for 56 = 2.8 (64)
    Game 2: 28 for 127 = 4.5 (14)
    Game 3: 15 for 53 = 3.5 (23) 
    Game 4: 17 for 53 = 3.1 (21)
    Game 5: 26 for 92 = 3.5 (28)
    Game 6: 15 for 34 = 2.26 (10)
    Game 7: 36 for 163 = 4.52 (26)

YPC for the season = 3.45

So Benson and Peterson are #1 and #2 in rushing this season. Their YPC are way better than Maroney's. The stats show it. The same statistical comparison is used for all three. Wozzy, who complains that people use forums to complain (no irony there), alludes that Maroney's number wouldn't be so far off from other "home run hitting rb's". Here is the proof....want me to do the numbers for the rest of the top 10? I bet most are better than Maroney's AMAZING 2.76 YPC. Go to bed with Maroney all you want, but his production simply isn't there. He is mediocre at best considering how high he went in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: BB Calls Out His O-Line:
    [QUOTE]So Benson and Peterson are #1 and #2 in rushing this season. Their YPC are way better than Maroney's. The stats show it. The same statistical comparison is used for all three. Wozzy, who complains that people use forums to complain (no irony there), alludes that Maroney's number wouldn't be so far off from other "home run hitting rb's". Here is the proof....
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

Maroney is ranked 32nd in the league with 61 rushing attempts on the year and has only been the featured back in one game, like most good backs he gets stronger as the game goes on.  When he is featured and fed the rock he excels; that's not opinion but fact, regardless of how you skew the stats to make your point.  Maroneys stats are what they are...

BTW if we took all Babe Ruth's homers away from him he would be average hitter or worse, if we took all Gretzky's goals away from him he would be just a good assist man etc, etc, etc... your stats are junk science.

I don't "complain," I slap you upside the head with logic and challenge you to refute it... and this is what you come up with... laughable.