BB Calls Out Jets for "Pushing" Too

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: BB Calls Out Jets for

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

It was not the first time.  Why do you keep writing that?  Why?  Becasue when games are decided, players need to know that rules will be enforced. 

It was the first time. Nice try.

What are you doing in here anyways? Go to a NY website.

I always wonder what these people are doing on other boards.  As I understand it, the NY boards don't even like these guys.  

Why would anyone on any board like these guys?  They're jerks.

Idiots, best adjective I have for them.  

And you know the old saying... Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

best stay clear of them.

I agree.  Next thing you know, you are blaming refs for giving up 30 points to the Jets, saying that the NFL changed the rule in the middle of the season, yapping about plays not being called earlier in the game, but not earlier in the season.  

Nobody blames the refs for the Patriots giving up 30 points to the Jests.  They blame the refs for making a horse crap call in a key part of a game that they missed earlier when the Jets did the same thing. 

Samre thing?  You've got to be kidding.  You should watch both.  The refs also missed PI on Gronk after calling it on Hill to negate a TD.   Such is life in a game with humans as refs.  Again why aren't you outraged at the lack of call against the Pats in the Saints game?

I have watched both and only a troll Jets fan like you would say it's not the same as the one that was called on the Patriots.  If you're going by that horse crap rule in the book, the Jets did the same freaking thing.  No call.  If you're gonna call it, call it consistently.  If the Pats did it against the Saints, call it.  Be consistent.  Don't call it for the first time ever in OT in a division game on the road.  Either call it consistently or swallow the damn whistle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

It's not that the call was made in OT that matters. It's that the penalty occurred throughout the game, and was ONLY called in OT.

@Jets fans: If the refs decided to enforce the rule on Gost's game-tying FG, and the Patriots eventually scored a TD as a result of the first down, you guys would be all over the refs. Instead, you agree with the call because it led to a win for the Jets. Lame.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

It was not the first time.  Why do you keep writing that?  Why?  Becasue when games are decided, players need to know that rules will be enforced. 

It was the first time. Nice try.

What are you doing in here anyways? Go to a NY website.

I always wonder what these people are doing on other boards.  As I understand it, the NY boards don't even like these guys.  

Why would anyone on any board like these guys?  They're jerks.

Idiots, best adjective I have for them.  

And you know the old saying... Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

best stay clear of them.

I agree.  Next thing you know, you are blaming refs for giving up 30 points to the Jets, saying that the NFL changed the rule in the middle of the season, yapping about plays not being called earlier in the game, but not earlier in the season.  

Nobody blames the refs for the Patriots giving up 30 points to the Jests.  They blame the refs for making a horse crap call in a key part of a game that they missed earlier when the Jets did the same thing. 

Samre thing?  You've got to be kidding.  You should watch both.  The refs also missed PI on Gronk after calling it on Hill to negate a TD.   Such is life in a game with humans as refs.  Again why aren't you outraged at the lack of call against the Pats in the Saints game?

I have watched both and only a troll Jets fan like you would say it's not the same as the one that was called on the Patriots.  If you're going by that horse crap rule in the book, the Jets did the same freaking thing.  No call.  If you're gonna call it, call it consistently.  If the Pats did it against the Saints, call it.  Be consistent.  Don't call it for the first time ever in OT in a division game on the road.  Either call it consistently or swallow the damn whistle.

Oh man, I'm out of tissues.  Getzo used em all up.  Sorry.  How about some used TP?

So you lose the argument and resort to childish retorts.  Bye bye, troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

It's not that the call was made in OT that matters. It's that the penalty occurred throughout the game, and was ONLY called in OT.

@Jets fans: If the refs decided to enforce the rule on Gost's game-tying FG, and the Patriots eventually scored a TD as a result of the first down, you guys would be all over the refs. Instead, you agree with the call because it led to a win for the Jets. Lame.

I agree with the call because the Pats did something against the rules.  They got caught.  By your logic, any time a call is not made when you think it should have been, it should never be called again.  Every game has examples where a penalty could have been called and was not but flagged at a different point.  GET OVER IT.  Stop your whining.  The Jets drove down the field, attempted a kick.  The Pats broke the rules, were flagged and penalized.  The Jets kicked again and won the game. 

You are all a bunch of hypocrites.  If the same thing happened in the other way, you'd have no problem with it.  You will cry about this for years to come.  It's no different than spygate in that regard.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I agree with the call because the Pats did something against the rules.  They got caught.  By your logic, any time a call is not made when you think it should have been, it should never be called again.  Every game has examples where a penalty could have been called and was not but flagged at a different point.  GET OVER IT.  Stop your whining.  The Jets drove down the field, attempted a kick.  The Pats broke the rules, were flagged and penalized.  The Jets kicked again and won the game. 

You are all a bunch of hypocrites.  If the same thing happened in the other way, you'd have no problem with it.  You will cry about this for years to come.  It's no different than spygate in that regard.

Yeah, we're hypocrites.  The Jets did the same thing on Gostkowski's kick.  You're the biggest hypocrite in here.  Go to a Jets forum.  You're not welcome here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How dumb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Yeah, we're hypocrites.  The Jets did the same thing on Gostkowski's kick.  You're the biggest hypocrite in here.  Go to a Jets forum.  You're not welcome here.

The Jets not getting flagged for a play you think was a penalty does not make me a hypocrite.  If it was a push, which is certainly not able to be seen from the offensive side of the ball, then the Jets should have been flagged.  Your inability to admit that the Pats should have been flagged in the Saints game is what makes you a hypocrite.   Tell the welcome committee I said hello.  How did you even get that job?  Does it pay well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

There's no point in continuing this discussion if you're going to go full stupid. Yes, every game has non-calls that should have been made and calls that should not have been. Do we not have the right to call out the refs on their mistakes?

Frankly, I'm not one who dwells on missed calls because doing so does not change the outcome of the game. But if you agree with the call on the Pats but you're okay with the non-call on the Jets, then I believe that makes you the hypocrite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

There's no point in continuing this discussion if you're going to go full stupid. Yes, every game has non-calls that should have been made and calls that should not have been. Do we not have the right to call out the refs on their mistakes?

Frankly, I'm not one who dwells on missed calls because doing so does not change the outcome of the game. But if you agree with the call on the Pats but you're okay with the non-call on the Jets, then I believe that makes you the hypocrite.

I'm as ok with the non call on the Jets as I am the non all on Gronks offensive PI while Hill was flagged on a TD.  It's just the way it goes.  Crying about officiating is for losers.  Call out the refs all you want, just don't cherry pick plays that only benfit the team you root for.  Be honest. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

It's also lame that proof exists the Jets did it in the game and somehow are above the rules or absolve the refs for being incompetent for enforcing the rule there AFTER they were instructed by the league LAST WEEK to call it or look for it, specifically.

So, that means they think it's fair to call it in OT to help their team, but they Jets above the rules elsewhere.

Jerome Boger called it using your body to push. Coples does that on our kick to tie it.

Very clearly, this would lead one to believe the refs are instructed to favor the Jets in that game.

Think about it:

1. Geno Smith dive for the marker, out of bounds, clearly short, no measurement, but a quick 1st down signal and poor spot.

2. Gronkwoski on a phantom pick that isn't a pick. The DB engaged Gronk. That cannot be a pick. Also, Gronk turned to field a possible throw.  It's not his fault, the LB was asleep at the wheel and took a bad angle to cover Bolden.

3. Chandler Jones "roughing" call. Again, this happens every day in the NFL and has for 100 years. The defender wraps up the runner and pushes off the RB to help himself off the ground.  That's never been a penalty in the history of the NFL. That's football.

In the second half, the refs clearly were looking for any opp to get the Jets back into the game and help give them a lead or maybe a win.

They did just that.  The game was clearly rigged.

Yes, the penalty totals made it clear that the refs were on the Jets side.  Just like in the first game.    In your opinion, any call against the Pats is a bad call.  You cannot admit to poor coaching and or poor execution. 

As far as Geno's first down does, there are 10 plays a game where spots are questionable.  You first question where the spot was, then cry about no measurment.  It's a whine and a backup whine.  The spot, as made, was obviously a first down.  Why don't you post the video of the play and I'll see if I agree with where the ball was spotted becasue those are two separate tantrums you're having.  Why didn't Belichick challenge the spot?  You can challange spots.   Unless the NFL changed that rule midseason. Maybe he didn't think it was a bad one? Hmmmm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

It's also lame that proof exists the Jets did it in the game and somehow are above the rules or absolve the refs for being incompetent for enforcing the rule there AFTER they were instructed by the league LAST WEEK to call it or look for it, specifically.

So, that means they think it's fair to call it in OT to help their team, but they Jets above the rules elsewhere.

Jerome Boger called it using your body to push. Coples does that on our kick to tie it.

Very clearly, this would lead one to believe the refs are instructed to favor the Jets in that game.

Think about it:

1. Geno Smith dive for the marker, out of bounds, clearly short, no measurement, but a quick 1st down signal and poor spot.

2. Gronkwoski on a phantom pick that isn't a pick. The DB engaged Gronk. That cannot be a pick. Also, Gronk turned to field a possible throw.  It's not his fault, the LB was asleep at the wheel and took a bad angle to cover Bolden.

3. Chandler Jones "roughing" call. Again, this happens every day in the NFL and has for 100 years. The defender wraps up the runner and pushes off the RB to help himself off the ground.  That's never been a penalty in the history of the NFL. That's football.

In the second half, the refs clearly were looking for any opp to get the Jets back into the game and help give them a lead or maybe a win.

They did just that.  The game was clearly rigged.

Are you on record saying that the 17-0 run the Jets had in the third quarter was orchestrated by the NFL?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

You mean this play?

output_h09qz3.gif?w=750

here is a better view. Do you really think it is the same thing? Coples was engaged with a blocker the whole time.  The pats guy lines up 1/2 a yard deeper and never engages the opponents.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I'm as ok with the non call on the Jets as I am the non all on Gronks offensive PI while Hill was flagged on a TD.  It's just the way it goes.  Crying about officiating is for losers.  Call out the refs all you want, just don't cherry pick plays that only benfit the team you root for.  Be honest. 

You keep talking about how you don't cherry pick ref calls, but you keep doing it. If the refs HAD called the 15-yards on the Jets, you would be slamming them right now. And I would be too. If they had called it on the Jets on the kick prior to OT, and the Patriots won as a result, then I would say that the refs screwed up. I would not agree with the call, but truthfully, I probably wouldn't organize a protest about it either.

Crying about officiating is for losers because officiating sometimes causes teams to lose. I mean, you can adopt all the winners find a way despite the refs bravado you want (try telling the Packers that), but you would be right there cursing the refs for a never-before-heard-of penalty had they called it on your Jets. And before you start changing the subject to the Tuck Rule, I have no problem admitting that that was a bad call. I don't really know the history of the rule. It was implemented in 1999, and I'm not sure if it was ever called before the Oakland game. But I can point out poor officiating even if my team wins. Something I have trouble imagining you doing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Oh, and all of this is not to bring up the fact that the rule originally designated ONLY second-level players (players not on the LOS).

We can also debate whether the Jets violated the rule on the Gostkowski kick, but that's almost irrelevant. If the refs didn't call it on the Pats all game, then they shouldn't have called it in OT. Sudden changes in enforcement of a rule is the same as bad enforcement. 

For example, did you know that in many states, it's illegal to have sex before marriage? Now, if the police started enforcing the law without notice, going into bedrooms and arresting people, are those couples at fault? Or would that just be completely unreasonable enforcement of the law?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They should have let him rekick it.

Are you capable of making a single post that shows a modicum of intelligence?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, and all of this is not to bring up the fact that the rule originally designated ONLY second-level players (players not on the LOS).

The rule has been unchanged since it was written. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That's not true, the original rule sent in talked about second level players, it was the changed

afterwards

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Ah my mistake. Apparently, it wasn't the official NFL rulebook that talked about second-level players. In that case, the league should have done a better job making sure that was clear. If Belichick was confused, I would imagine a lot of other coaches were too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

That's not true, the original rule sent in talked about second level players, it was the changed

afterwards

Please stop.  You look foolish.  The rule, as adopted by the NFL prior to the start of the 2013 season is worded exactly as it was when it was printed in the NFL rule book released to the teams and the public prior to the season.  Just stop. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The only thing that really changed was the week in which the Not Yets get illimiated this year.  Let this go and let's more on to the Phins.  The Jesters aren't really worth talking about and their sumb bag fans aren't worth talking too...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

afterwards

Please stop.  You look foolish.  The rule, as adopted by the NFL prior to the start of the 2013 season is worded exactly as it was when it was printed in the NFL rule book released to the teams and the public prior to the season.  Just stop. 

No the Rule book was not changed but NFL.COM was that is the official Web site of the National Football League.  It's the same as if your Bank set a Mortgage Rate at 8% and advertise on their own webpage that is was 4%.  You would be pretty pissed if you applied for a loan with them and they sent you your first staement on a 30 year loan for double the payback!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Jets won't make the playoffs and Rat Ryan will not get another contract.  

Sections
Shortcuts