BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

I'm surprised BB "went there."  What can be possibly gain, except folks thinking he's either a sore loser, or just sticking up for one of his players?  Either way, there's nothing to gain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the worst he's ever seen. Says it was a bad football play.

That was no "cheap hit." He happened to run into Talib. It happens in a football

game with those crossing plays. Welker had his head turned to the side. Just an

unfortunate play. If Welker was playing for NE you guys would be applauding it.

NE got their heads handed to them. They were lucky to lose by ten. It could have

been twenty. A mismatch.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Bill, you're reaching for something that isn't there.  Welker lit up your best defender, sorry about your luck.  Would you rather he go to the head, which the league doesn't want?  By the way what happened to the "Patriot Way" the "next man, up?"  Oh, that's right.  Your team is hodged podged together with worhtless talent surrounded by a hall of fame QB. I guess Tommy couldn't bail you out this time.  Here's a tip for the future.  Don't base your whole defensive scheme on one player because if he goes down, "boom goes the dynamite."    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

It's very obvious that the play was designed for Welker to pick Talib. There was NO hesitation on Welker's part like some want everyone to believe. The play was strictly designed for receivers to run a crossing route with Welker NEVER looking for the ball just Talib. Most receivers on those plays just nick the defender. Welker put his entire body into Talib. You Denver fans would have been up set also if one of the New England players purposely hit one of your players in a similar play that seriously injured one of their star defensive players or offensive players. It made it so much easier for Manning. This play has made me a Seattle fan for this Super Bowl! I hope the Broncos get their butts kicked! Also I can't wait until the next Patriots and Broncos game. Hopefully Manning doesn't retire and Welker is healthy enough to play in that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

What does BB call Peyton shredding his D......gang rape from the receiving corps.

The Pats D is very young and this is the type of game that can be construed as a learning experience.

Different game with Mayo, Wilfork, and Gronk healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

It's very obvious that the play was designed for Welker to pick Talib. There was NO hesitation on Welker's part like some want everyone to believe. The play was strictly designed for receivers to run a crossing route with Welker NEVER looking for the ball just Talib. Most receivers on those plays just nick the defender. Welker put his entire body into Talib. You Denver fans would have been up set also if one of the New England players purposely hit one of your players in a similar play that seriously injured one of their star defensive players or offensive players. It made it so much easier for Manning. This play has made me a Seattle fan for this Super Bowl! I hope the Broncos get their butts kicked! Also I can't wait until the next Patriots and Broncos game. Hopefully Manning doesn't retire and Welker is healthy enough to play in that game.

+1

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Give me a break, Talib has to suck it up. Welker ways 100lbs soaking wet !!  Talib pulled same crap last year in AFCCG when he pulled himself out of the game and didn't return.

You have no idea what Talib's injury was. You would think if he could go he would be out there, if he was a liability to the team due to a gimpy knee than what are you going to do?

The point is would you give him big money to him with his injury history. That's the point 

They signed on the cheap because of his injury. They got a probowler DB for a fraction of the cost because of injuries and his past. It looks like he will be in the same boat again this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

They played well we sucked.  Next year if u cant get Brady some help get him out of here, and get a young guy who doesnt need a hurri cane.  Get some tough guys on defense who dont turn into walking wounded in the first month of the season

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Upon revisiting the play, I think I can see what Belichick is talking about. Clearly, you can see Welker finding Talib - literally adjusting his route - to set up the collision. I understand that it's probably a designed "pick" play, but you don't smash yourself at full speed and lower your shoulder into the defender for a pick play.

That being said, I don't think Welker intended to injure Talib, only to give him a warning hit. Something that says look out when you're going across the middle, much like a linebacker might do to Welker. It's a dirty hit, but I don't think the intent was to injure.

It does bring up the curious point of how the league will protect defenders from dangerous hits. There are a lot of rules against hitting helpless players on offense. What about rules protecting helpless players on defense, like Talib on that play?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

We need to get Bernard Pollard (MR. Knockout the Patriots)

and have him take out Welker. easy. one more big concussion this guy is done. over the middle BANG. he's done problem solved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

People saying the play was designed for Welker to pick Talib are missing the point.  OF COURSE IT WAS, but legal picks don't involve full on collisions where the WR adjusts his route and lowers his shoulder into the oncoming corner.  How people are even questioning the legality of this play is beyond me.  It was obviously illegal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You guys are confusing a Pick play with a lunging tackle. Hooman ran a pick play when he pushed a Bronco away from the play and took him out of the play, Welker TACKLED a defenseless player. There is a reason why a "moving pick" is illegal in the NBA and why a defenseless WR tackle is as well. It's a concussion waiting to happen or an equally severe knee or respiratory injury.

If someone had tackled that little rat as he was crossing the middle he would've gotten another concussion. Man, I hope that guy falls down some stairs face first! F'n rats, man!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This play just represents the hypocrisy of the NFL.  If a defender did what Welker did to Talib he would have been flagged, fined and probably labeled as a dirty player.  Defenses already have it hard enough as it is.  Let's at least hold offenses to some flipping standard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

You guys are confusing a Pick play with a lunging tackle. Hooman ran a pick play when he pushed a Bronco away from the play and took him out of the play, Welker TACKLED a defenseless player. There is a reason why a "moving pick" is illegal in the NBA and why a defenseless WR tackle is as well. It's a concussion waiting to happen or an equally severe knee or respiratory injury.

If someone had tackled that little rat as he was crossing the middle he would've gotten another concussion. Man, I hope that guy falls down some stairs face first! F'n rats, man!

two no three words: BERNARD F'N POLLARD.

he's coming to NE for one thing, Denver/Pats game next season.

i'm telling you

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bernard Pollard is a scum bag.  I hope he never plays another down in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Bernard Pollard is a scum bag.  I hope he never plays another down in the NFL.

nah, he'll be a Pat. Watch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lopez8173. Show lopez8173's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:

It was a cheap hit.  I know a lot of you are surprised that BB would point out something like that, but that just goes to show you just how cheap it was.  Aqib had one eye on the ball and the other on the receiver he was covering.  Wes Welker nailed him full speed on a crossing route, and you can tell it was intentional because he leveled lowered his pads and helmet.  Anyone who knows anything about our team knows that the biggest and most negative impact you can have on the D is when Aqib isn't out there.  The difference is night and day.  They also know Aqib has a lingering hip issue.  I don't normally complain about players who get laid out, but this one was pretty bad and seems very intentional.  It was certainly as bad as anything Pollard has ever done. 

For those of you thinking Wes is too light to do any real damage, please don't be stupid.  Wes is 185lb and Talib is 205.  185 coming full speed at you while you are off balance and not aware or ready for it can lead to a serious injury. 

Of course it's a cheap hit. When you commit PI well across the field like that while the ball is in the air, it's a dirty hit. The Great Gazoo also left his feet, too.  Lunging missle right into Talib's leg.

I hope Seattle rings his bell so much, his career comes to an end in 2 weeks. What a selfish me player Welker turned into.

What was Talib doing wearing his numbers on his legs? you flippin idiot.  Cause that's where Welker hit him.  Tell me, loser, are all "PI" plays dirty or just the ones that you want to cry about?

Calling someone a loser?... You should know alot about being a loser lol you are a jets fan and it doesn't get any better than that because when one speaks of J-E-T-S one can't help but think of a bunch of losers and gasbags such as that team and its fans so  I strongly suggest you take a good look in the mirror again before you mention or call anyone a loser lol.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

Why have the refs been so bad this year? The 49ers/Seahawks game was horrible.

because there is no accountabily for them so they just do as they please.  Thank the NFL for that!  But they sure are fast at fining a coach or player if they say anything remotely bad about a ref.

Sections
Shortcuts