BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

Re: BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a cheap hit.  I know a lot of you are surprised that BB would point out something like that, but that just goes to show you just how cheap it was.  Aqib had one eye on the ball and the other on the receiver he was covering.  Wes Welker nailed him full speed on a crossing route, and you can tell it was intentional because he leveled lowered his pads and helmet.  Anyone who knows anything about our team knows that the biggest and most negative impact you can have on the D is when Aqib isn't out there.  The difference is night and day.  They also know Aqib has a lingering hip issue.  I don't normally complain about players who get laid out, but this one was pretty bad and seems very intentional.  It was certainly as bad as anything Pollard has ever done. 

For those of you thinking Wes is too light to do any real damage, please don't be stupid.  Wes is 185lb and Talib is 205.  185 coming full speed at you while you are off balance and not aware or ready for it can lead to a serious injury. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course it's a cheap hit. When you commit PI well across the field like that while the ball is in the air, it's a dirty hit. The Great Gazoo also left his feet, too.  Lunging missle right into Talib's leg.

I hope Seattle rings his bell so much, his career comes to an end in 2 weeks. What a selfish me player Welker turned into.

[/QUOTE]

as bad as it sounds, I was thinking the same thing!  Let Sherman at him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's very obvious that the play was designed for Welker to pick Talib. There was NO hesitation on Welker's part like some want everyone to believe. The play was strictly designed for receivers to run a crossing route with Welker NEVER looking for the ball just Talib. Most receivers on those plays just nick the defender. Welker put his entire body into Talib. You Denver fans would have been up set also if one of the New England players purposely hit one of your players in a similar play that seriously injured one of their star defensive players or offensive players. It made it so much easier for Manning. This play has made me a Seattle fan for this Super Bowl! I hope the Broncos get their butts kicked! Also I can't wait until the next Patriots and Broncos game. Hopefully Manning doesn't retire and Welker is healthy enough to play in that game.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a cheap hit.  I know a lot of you are surprised that BB would point out something like that, but that just goes to show you just how cheap it was.  Aqib had one eye on the ball and the other on the receiver he was covering.  Wes Welker nailed him full speed on a crossing route, and you can tell it was intentional because he leveled lowered his pads and helmet.  Anyone who knows anything about our team knows that the biggest and most negative impact you can have on the D is when Aqib isn't out there.  The difference is night and day.  They also know Aqib has a lingering hip issue.  I don't normally complain about players who get laid out, but this one was pretty bad and seems very intentional.  It was certainly as bad as anything Pollard has ever done. 

For those of you thinking Wes is too light to do any real damage, please don't be stupid.  Wes is 185lb and Talib is 205.  185 coming full speed at you while you are off balance and not aware or ready for it can lead to a serious injury. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course it's a cheap hit. When you commit PI well across the field like that while the ball is in the air, it's a dirty hit. The Great Gazoo also left his feet, too.  Lunging missle right into Talib's leg.

I hope Seattle rings his bell so much, his career comes to an end in 2 weeks. What a selfish me player Welker turned into.

[/QUOTE]

as bad as it sounds, I was thinking the same thing!  Let Sherman at him.

[/QUOTE]

You can look at a lost of mine after he signed with Denver. Hoped he would get lit up by Mayo or someone. I feel even more about that now. The amazing thing is, even with the video evidence people still CAN'T see the truth. What a dipsh** society we live in. Hip area/lower leg area. Maximum chance for injury, especially on a blindside hit like that. I mean, thats not a PICK play. That's a tackle. If people can't see the difference between that and a pick play, then I sorry. Get some Lasik done.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the worst he's ever seen. Says it was a bad football play.

[/QUOTE]

lol... Well if BB says so, it must be true. 

I expected all you Patsie trolls to come up with some whiny excuse about why you lost but I never expected your leader to whine along side of you. 

I see all you Patsie trolls emulate your whiny leader. Have fun watching all the Peyton hype for the next 2 weeks.... Sleep well my whiny friends!  Laughing

[/QUOTE]

tell Gino Smith to take a private plane next time u jet loser

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By definition, an illegal hit that causes injury is a dirty play.

[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, like the leg whips that Bb coaches his OL for?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick must really hate Welker, I've never heard him bad mouth a player! 

[/QUOTE]

Of course BB hates Welker. BB's still pissed Welker took the tag instead of taking a below market deal at the time after he already took a team friendly deal previously. And now, BB's solution to Welker leaving, Mr. Clutch Amendola, proved that yes he is injury prone, wasn't worth the contract, and tossing egg on BB's face. Think about it, not only did BB look foolish replacing Welker with Amendola but now Welker might have cost BB a chance at a SB. Like many of BB's $ based decisions this one is biting him and his ego doesn't like to be questioned

[/QUOTE]

Put a sock in  it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's very obvious that the play was designed for Welker to pick Talib. There was NO hesitation on Welker's part like some want everyone to believe. The play was strictly designed for receivers to run a crossing route with Welker NEVER looking for the ball just Talib. Most receivers on those plays just nick the defender. Welker put his entire body into Talib. You Denver fans would have been up set also if one of the New England players purposely hit one of your players in a similar play that seriously injured one of their star defensive players or offensive players. It made it so much easier for Manning. This play has made me a Seattle fan for this Super Bowl! I hope the Broncos get their butts kicked! Also I can't wait until the next Patriots and Broncos game. Hopefully Manning doesn't retire and Welker is healthy enough to play in that game.

[/QUOTE]

That's also blatant PI and with no flags in sight, kinda creepy.

[/QUOTE]

hey Queenie, "Creepy" is your obsession with the sex life of Tim Tebow.  A non call on contact that occured at the same time a receiver missed the pass is just a judgement call.  PI was that play by McCourty on Denver's first scoring drive that the refs opted not to call, knowing that the Paper Tiger Patsies would need all the help they could get just to not get blown out.  "Rogie" must have phoned in the non call on first round bust turned demoted CB to safety McCourty.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

My 2 cents. BB lost his mind with this loss. I do not believe that Wes was looking to take Talib out of the game.  Absurd on a lot of levels. I also do not think that play was even flag worthy. Pick play.

Unless BB has some inside information that Wes informed his team he was going to take Talib out during his pregame team rally speech- this is really uncharacteristic nonsense from BB. 

I thought taking Gronk out by his knee was a whole lot worse, and that apparently was a "legal" tackle. Have watched the Welker/Talib collision replay many times now, and listened to Wes's explanation.  Not a dirty hit.

Wow BB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My 2 cents. BB lost his mind with this loss. I do not believe that Wes was looking to take Talib out of the game.  Absurd on a lot of levels. I also do not think that play was even flag worthy. Pick play.

Unless BB has some inside information that Wes informed his team he was going to take Talib out during his pregame team rally speech- this is really uncharacteristic nonsense from BB. 

I thought taking Gronk out by his knee was a whole lot worse, and that apparently was a "legal" tackle. Have watched the Welker/Talib collision replay many times now, and listened to Wes's explanation.  Not a dirty hit.

Wow BB.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and let's keep in mind that Welker is in danger of being trampled by dwarfs every day of his life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Do you guys really believe the Broncos would use a guy who is prone ot concussions to hit Talib full speed.  Geez, Welker looks like a full size bobble head his helmet is so big these days.  It was your standard pick play that the Patriots have been running for decades.  You got beat at your own game and now the hit was illegal.  There is nothing to see here move along.  Start talking about the draft or something.  Or maybe talk about how you can avoid being 4-12 or 5-11 without Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give me a break, Talib has to suck it up. Welker ways 100lbs soaking wet !!  Talib pulled same crap last year in AFCCG when he pulled himself out of the game and didn't return.

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what Talib's injury was. You would think if he could go he would be out there, if he was a liability to the team due to a gimpy knee than what are you going to do?

[/QUOTE]

The point is would you give him big money to him with his injury history. That's the point 

[/QUOTE]

If Talis's recovered a fumble and ran it all the way to win the game would you cry about his contract? The point is man up take the lose and stop the blame game.Most Pats fans have no clue at all . I feel for those on here that have a brain and understand .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Either way its was a flagrant pick block that the refs didn't call for offensive PI, Talib was playing his man, and hobbit welker took out our best DB, changed the whole game for our defense.

later on we got called for a pick block that was chinsy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you notice - Fox and Welker as well as lots of media types keep talking "intent"

Fox would never send someone to intentionally hurt

Welker would never try to hurt anyone

Intent has nothing to do with it. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

[/QUOTE]

+100

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

is that one of your family....real ugly kid.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Either way its was a flagrant pick block that the refs didn't call for offensive PI, Talib was playing his man, and hobbit welker took out our best DB, changed the whole game for our defense.

[/QUOTE]

Do you know the rule?  It's not a penalty if the Thomas touches the ball before Welker makes contact with Talib.  At reagular speed it is so close that you can't really tell for sure. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you know the rule?  It's not a penalty if the Thomas touches the ball before Welker makes contact with Talib.  At reagular speed it is so close that you can't really tell for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is penalty. Ball was in the air, so it's Off PI.  You sure you're a Pats fan?  Even when your team is jobbed, you can't understand it. Very odd.

[/QUOTE]

Jobbed??? LMAO at you and your crying.  The Pats were beat yesterday because once again they lacked the talent to win the big game and poor coaching/game planning.  Seems to be the norm nowadays.  It wasn't because of non calls, cheap shots or any of that garbage.  Take it like a many and stop making excuses.  I'm a Pats fan who can be objective.  You are the worst kind of fan.... a Homer fan with an agenda.

You need super slow motion to tell if Welker hit Talib before Thomas touched the ball.  You are a goofball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do you know the rule?  It's not a penalty if the Thomas touches the ball before Welker makes contact with Talib.  At reagular speed it is so close that you can't really tell for sure

[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Too many people are letting the frustration that resulted from losing Talib get in the way of the facts.

It's pretty much simultaneous contact.  In real-time action there would be no way for certain to say that the collision occurred before Thomas touched the ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It's a play definetly that should have had a flag thrown. Ball was not touched yet. But it's not the reason they lost the game. Denver beat them.

I agree with everything BB said except for it being one of the worst football plays he's ever seen. I think he went a little over the top on that.

That said, the fact that the Pats were in the AFC after all that had happened, is a credit to BB and the entire organization.