BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: BB calls Welker hit a cheap hit

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reminded me of the Bobby Wade hit on Rodney at the end of 2006. Jeff Fisher ordered it and it appears like this was premeditated as well. 

The ball was nowhere near Talib. At worst it was Off PI not called and it should have been a personal foul away from the ball.

You're not expecting people to lunge at your knees when you are away from the play like that.  It was clearly a dirty hit. Do people even know the rules anymore?

[/QUOTE]

no rules broken here. Thomas had his hands on the ball as Wes made contact. 

PI also don't think fox ordered it. You are suggesting fox using a valuable receiver who is one hit away from vegetable lasagna intentionally laying a hit on Talib to take him out? Poppycock.

all this illustrated was bb's sour milk. He looks like a moron because he let Wes walk and signed a more expensive option who had NO catches yesterday. Pitiful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The more you watch it the more it looks dirty but going full speed in the game hard to tell.  BB is right in that Welker doesn't try to get open and he does actually duck and throw his shoulder into Talib.  Still hard to know if that was the intention from the start of if at the last second he saw talib and braced for impact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Reminded me of the Bobby Wade hit on Rodney at the end of 2006. Jeff Fisher ordered it and it appears like this was premeditated as well. 

The ball was nowhere near Talib. At worst it was Off PI not called and it should have been a personal foul away from the ball.

You're not expecting people to lunge at your knees when you are away from the play like that.  It was clearly a dirty hit. Do people even know the rules anymore?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone missed another game.  Look at that play again, moron, Welker made contact right at the numbers.  Stop your crying.  Warnings were out.  You can't let an opposing QB have a rating of 120 and expect to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

That's the definition of an illegal pick play. Should have been offensive pass interference 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

It was a cheap hit.  I know a lot of you are surprised that BB would point out something like that, but that just goes to show you just how cheap it was.  Aqib had one eye on the ball and the other on the receiver he was covering.  Wes Welker nailed him full speed on a crossing route, and you can tell it was intentional because he leveled lowered his pads and helmet.  Anyone who knows anything about our team knows that the biggest and most negative impact you can have on the D is when Aqib isn't out there.  The difference is night and day.  They also know Aqib has a lingering hip issue.  I don't normally complain about players who get laid out, but this one was pretty bad and seems very intentional.  It was certainly as bad as anything Pollard has ever done. 

For those of you thinking Wes is too light to do any real damage, please don't be stupid.  Wes is 185lb and Talib is 205.  185 coming full speed at you while you are off balance and not aware or ready for it can lead to a serious injury. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I agree with Bellicheck.

1.  It was an intentional pick play - the WR made no attempt to get open - he went to set a pick.  this is done all the time in the NFL - and it should have been called.

2.  I don't think Denver coaches ordered the hit - that's silly.  But they intended to have a pick set and it should have been called as OPI.

3. What Welker actually did - is a huge problem.  the execution of the play was terrible because if you watch the play - he goes full speed and leaves his feet in taking out Talib.  he should have been called for a Personal Foul on that play- watch the video.

4.  Welker was definitely looking to send a message with that hit - he wanted to ring Talib's bell.  Did he intend to hurt him?  No of course not.  But that is why this kind of reckless cheapshot is illegal - because it will result in injury even when not intended.

5.  Losing Talib had a huge effect on the game and Welker is responsible for that.

The only good news from this?  bellicheck is furious.  The last time he was furious - they made great off season moves and went 16 - 0.

So I hope that Bellicheck stays angry!

*also it is stupid that BDC won't allow the word "s-h-o-t" Why is that banned??  It's a sports board and the term s-h-o-t is banned?  Goofy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's the definition of an illegal pick play. Should have been offensive pass interference 

[/QUOTE]

You're right.  Should have taken away the incompletion and tacked on the 5 yard penalty and replayed the down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It's proof positive of the bad blood between Welker and BB.....

Normally BB would say too much about the play....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It was a clear cut pick play.  All Nfl teams run them, should've been a off pass interference call.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was a cheap hit.  I know a lot of you are surprised that BB would point out something like that, but that just goes to show you just how cheap it was.  Aqib had one eye on the ball and the other on the receiver he was covering.  Wes Welker nailed him full speed on a crossing route, and you can tell it was intentional because he leveled lowered his pads and helmet.  Anyone who knows anything about our team knows that the biggest and most negative impact you can have on the D is when Aqib isn't out there.  The difference is night and day.  They also know Aqib has a lingering hip issue.  I don't normally complain about players who get laid out, but this one was pretty bad and seems very intentional.  It was certainly as bad as anything Pollard has ever done. 

For those of you thinking Wes is too light to do any real damage, please don't be stupid.  Wes is 185lb and Talib is 205.  185 coming full speed at you while you are off balance and not aware or ready for it can lead to a serious injury. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course it's a cheap hit. When you commit PI well across the field like that while the ball is in the air, it's a dirty hit. The Great Gazoo also left his feet, too.  Lunging missle right into Talib's leg.

I hope Seattle rings his bell so much, his career comes to an end in 2 weeks. What a selfish me player Welker turned into.

[/QUOTE]

What was Talib doing wearing his numbers on his legs? you flippin idiot.  Cause that's where Welker hit him.  Tell me, loser, are all "PI" plays dirty or just the ones that you want to cry about?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's proof positive of the bad blood between Welker and BB.....

Normally BB would say too much about the play....

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think he's tired of teams ordering dirty hits on his best players.  Face it, this has been going on for years in various ways vs our best players.

[/QUOTE]

He still never responds....this has more to do with it being Welker....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Of course it's a cheap hit. When you commit PI well across the field like that while the ball is in the air, it's a dirty hit. The Great Gazoo also left his feet, too.  Lunging missle right into Talib's leg.

I hope Seattle rings his bell so much, his career comes to an end in 2 weeks. What a selfish me player Welker turned into.

[/QUOTE]

where was the "left his feet" part?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

PI?  Maybe.  5 yards, replay down.  Broncos win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

where was the "left his feet" part?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean when Welker fell down from th.e collision, he technically left his feet.   Sounded like you were saying Welker "left his feet" to deliver the "hit to Talib's knees"  You weren't really saying that, were you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Welker is a garden gnome, a dwarf, an elf on a shelf...if Belichick thought the play was dirty then he should have Edelman stop running the exact same plays. I really don't believe Belichick would say that - I haven't heard it - I'd be shocked if he said that because all that does is show just how emotionally charged this team/organization was with this whole Welker thing. If it's true (that he said that), then it reeks of losing...a loser mentality...is that what we are going to do after every season now? Walk away and act like a bunch of losers because the better team won (the better built team) won.

Belichick knows what he's got in Talib...he's got a guy that always seems to be on the losing end of the stick...always the one limping off the field...remember that Monday night game against Carolina? Remember last year's AFC title game? Remember all those years of disappointment in Tampa? They all look like what Talib is, a loser. I want the days back when we didn't sign, trade for, pay or make excuses for LOSERS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Colin Cowherd was just saying that Welker is not classy.  Nevermind Sherman, Welker was trying to end Talib's career.

Yup.

Dirty play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

I wish he was as decisive about Kyle Arrington's skills as a football player....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker is a garden gnome, a dwarf, an elf on a shelf...if Belichick thought the play was dirty then he should have Edelman stop running the exact same plays. I really don't believe Belichick would say that - I haven't heard it - I'd be shocked if he said that because all that does is show just how emotionally charged this team/organization was with this whole Welker thing. If it's true (that he said that), then it reeks of losing...a loser mentality...is that what we are going to do after every season now? Walk away and act like a bunch of losers because the better team won (the better built team) won.

Belichick knows what he's got in Talib...he's got a guy that always seems to be on the losing end of the stick...always the one limping off the field...remember that Monday night game against Carolina? Remember last year's AFC title game? Remember all those years of disappointment in Tampa? They all look like what Talib is, a loser. I want the days back when we didn't sign, trade for, pay or make excuses for LOSERS.

[/QUOTE]

he said it.  they've been playing it non-stop on NFL radio. 

The pick play is not the problem.  The execution by Welker was the problem.  He was trying to send a message - ring Talib's bell. 

Dirty play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

when it happened, I thought it was a cheapshot. I didn't think anyone during the game did enough to say it was a cheapshot, and after the fact, it remains a cheapshot that altered Pats' way of defending the pass.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

when it happened, I thought it was a cheapshot. I didn't think anyone during the game did enough to say it was a cheapshot, and after the fact, it remains a cheapshot that altered Pats' way of defending the pass.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts