BB Continues To Be A Trailblazer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: BB Continues To Be A Trailblazer

Might add how now every team is looking at their 2TE sets and using Gronk and Hernandez as the prototype and BB got both in the same draft. (See SF, Cowboys all drafted TEs despite the prescence of good TEs on their roster Davis and Witten). Teams are getting the idea that TEs pose huge match-up problems if they bring certain skill sets. And the PAts still have Ballard who could be a great in-line blocker. Just an observation, but the Cowboys have traded up in the past with limited success (Claiborne, Bryant). They are learning that you can still fill out your roster with decent players drafted later than the 1st. I really think Belichick looks at 4 or 5 players he wants to draft in the 1st round and if those players aren't there he attempts to trade down and get some value picks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

As I stated in the post-draft thread; the addition of two rookie WRs not only makes for camp competition it means Brady has different options ; hopefully this means that Brady's favorite WR goes back to being the "open one" instead of Welker on a 4 yard screen or short hitch. Been lobbying for a FB for awhile now for the goaline and extra pass protector. Blount obviously is not a FB, but he could easily split carries with Ridley, Vereen, and Boldan IMO. Is Bolden still on the roster?

To me the Pats O needs to continue to improve the running game and develop better options in the vertical passing game. It seems like Brady is throwing more short to intermediate routes which usually endanger WRs and TEs to some degree. I think this is why so many posters lobbied for Wallace, but I knew that was not going to happen (to much $$$) so they got experienced route runners like Jones. Jones only needs to make like 30 catches to  be effective. Another thing I might add is the obvious, trite observation that no offense, no matter how complex and successful, should ever be predictable. Offensive predictability is usually the kiss of death in the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats have a good run D (8th overall), but the pass D needs some work. I do believe that teams are racking up yardage after the Pats have the game in hand thus inflating the yardage in games they lose anyway. Good news is Talib has a prove-it contract, Wilson was signed, and BB drafted DBs who improve the nickel and dime. The pass D continues to improve, but after Talib went down (against the Goths) it was clear that they suffered. People forget how young this D is when compared to good, but aging Ds (Steelers, Ravens). IMHO both Jones and Hightower will have better years (or I hope they do.....maybe Chandler gets more holding calls because they definitely happened) and the addition of Wilson will improve the pass D and could alter blitz packages. I hope Armstead could be the next Cameron Wake (CFL to NFL success) that would be huge, but I am not holding my breath. The pass D needs to continue to get TOs; I don't really care that teams rack up yardage, its far more important to get TOs and hold the other team to FGs. Scoring D is far more vital than yardage stats (points per game and TO differential is more important the yardage per game by far).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Might add how now every team is looking at their 2TE sets and using Gronk and Hernandez as the prototype and BB got both in the same draft. (See SF, Cowboys all drafted TEs despite the prescence of good TEs on their roster Davis and Witten). Teams are getting the idea that TEs pose huge match-up problems if they bring certain skill sets. And the PAts still have Ballard who could be a great in-line blocker. Just an observation, but the Cowboys have traded up in the past with limited success (Claiborne, Bryant). They are learning that you can still fill out your roster with decent players drafted later than the 1st. I really think Belichick looks at 4 or 5 players he wants to draft in the 1st round and if those players aren't there he attempts to trade down and get some value picks.

every team? I can't speak for all but the Giants don't use two TE sets...on the rare occasion they do it is just a wrinkle in a particular play or to mix things up a bit but that's about the extent of it and they don't do even this too often...and though they line him up at TE isn't Hernandez really an oversized WR? If they line up Ballard and Gronk then you have an actual 2 TE set using 2 TE's...

that said Dallas better follow somebody!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

When I saw the Cowboys trade out of the 1st rd I thought it was a smart move in this kind of draft. Raiders, too. 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Cowboys-Look-To-Follow-New-England-Model-Going-Forward/87cda4d7-bc67-462d-97f6-7a51cea3f5a9

I give Bellichick all the credit in the world for taking what Parcells and Young taught him and expanding on it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I give Bellichick all the credit in the world for taking what Parcells and Young taught him and expanding on it

Oh for the love of god not this again...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

indeed! and capitalize God you heathen!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Big Al.. back again I see.. Ny cant use 2 TE's cause we got one of them. Allah Akbar troll

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Big Al.. back again I see.. Ny cant use 2 TE's cause we got one of them. Allah Akbar troll

bet you hate that gay guy coming out huh?  better check your bible on that...the one next to the flag and the poster of John  Wayne, behind the NRA sticker...

see I can be an ignorant stereotyper too...now goodbye phil it's ignore time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

See? He's trolling. He's taking his own selfish agenda as a Giants fan and ruining what could be a very good thread.

See?

It's literally about 10-15 people here who are trolling and somehow allowed to troll.

well you know what Russ? though it is fun to wind you up and though we both know what I say is true and though I did make a coherent football observation regarding my team not following ant 2 TE set as Hannah stated EVERY team is doing...you are right and I will leave it at this and bow out and let you guys go on and discuss this

see deep down I am a really considerate guy so see you all on another thread sometime   Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Still, Reese has done a very good job drafting both D Linemen and O Linemen and WRs (Nicks Cruz). BB is good, but with Ozzie, Ted Thompson, and SF (I know it isn't Carmen Policy but the name escapes me )there are other good GMs out there. Remind me agian; How many SBs has Parcells been in the last 15 years? Great early with Jints, but did not accomplish nearly as much with Jets, Phins, and Cowboys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out trading down, or better yet trading into the future, might be a good idea in a weak draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I think you have the Bill's as# backwards. BP never won a SB without BB. BB won three without BP.

See? He's trolling. He's taking his own selfish agenda as a Giants fan and ruining what could be a very good thread.

See?

It's literally about 10-15 people here who are trolling and somehow allowed to troll.

well you know what Russ? though it is fun to wind you up and though we both know what I say is true and though I did make a coherent football observation regarding my team not following ant 2 TE set as Hannah stated EVERY team is doing...you are right and I will leave it at this and bow out and let you guys go on and discuss this

see deep down I am a really considerate guy so see you all on another thread sometime   Laughing

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

See?

Everyone has to learn from someone. Parcels and Young are all time greats. I don't see any issue with this post. Mr Gint also went on to say bb "expanded" on what was learned which seems to me as a compliment. Thank you for posting something reasonable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Still, Reese has done a very good job drafting both D Linemen and O Linemen and WRs (Nicks Cruz). BB is good, but with Ozzie, Ted Thompson, and SF (I know it isn't Carmen Policy but the name escapes me )there are other good GMs out there. Remind me agian; How many SBs has Parcells been in the last 15 years? Great early with Jints, but did not accomplish nearly as much with Jets, Phins, and Cowboys.

True, but parcels also to some degree resurrected those franchises from the ashes and in the case of dallas, built a pretty solid team to build on. Fortunately for Mr Gint, little Jerry has his hands where they shouldn't be, or perhaps the cowgirls actually win the division and advance. Same can be said for us and the Jests.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

not true re: Parcells

he did with Dallas and the Jets what he does better than anyone -ever -which is turned the organizations around and brought them to the playoffs while stocking them with good young talent, like he did in NE as well and then-rightly or wrongly-he moves on; the challenge is gone ( iwasn't happy the way he left my team but that's parcells)

you are smart enough to know hannah that Parcells loves to take c*ap and make gold then move on-he went to the AFCCG in 98 (two years after kotite went 4-32) and had Jets ready to roll...then Vinnie blows out his knee on freak injury-that team was loaded with talent and I do believe would have been the favorite to win it all - at least the AFC- if not for bad luck...he left BB a full cupboard if he wanted it

Dallas? team was 5-11 3 straight years and JJ opened the checkbook...by the time he was done Dallas was in the playoffs and he had talent on both sides of the ball-just Romo and Ware alone would be impressive but look at the talent he left...unfortunately for the Jets and Cowboys it didn't work out after he left-nor did it for a decade after for the Giants-but Parcells worked his magic in both those places

to me his greatness is also seen in his famous "Coaching Tree"...few have that resume of grooming successful HC

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

See?

Everyone has to learn from someone. Parcels and Young are all time greats. I don't see any issue with this post. Mr Gint also went on to say bb "expanded" on what was learned which seems to me as a compliment. Thank you for posting something reasonable.

thank you Lifer...I know it drives Russ nuts and I admit to doing it sometimes to watch him go crazy but what you said is all I have ever said but it drives some Patsies fans in a tizzie

hell Parcells and Young learned from people, too-so did Lombardi...everyone does at some point

but Rusty thinks BB is this self made genius who invented everything which is silly-I alreday said Bb is still the best HC in the NFL currently!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

See?

Cap era. Again, it's a myth Parcells gets many of the elements that are vital.  Go read my response to HannahRulz 

It's a huge, huge part of it. BB creted the model that Parcells never understood and every good GM in this league whether it Jerry Reese, Ozzie Newsome, or even Les Snead down in STLL now, Dimitrioff, etc, generally follow the unique and trailblazing tactics BB created.

It's the absolute truth. Watch Mike Lombardi in Cleveland. If their ownership is wise, they'll give him 3 years to get a progression going, but I'd bet money he'll have them challenging in that division by 2015.

You just have to have a bit of paitence and be methodical. Parcells never had that in with the Jets for that short time, when he paired with Jerry Jones (bad match) or with Miami.

Someone is going to have to step forward and make a case for Parcells. If anything, BB took what he learned from Jimmy Johnson and went from there.  But, not even Jimmy GM worthy in this era.

Top 3 GMs of the last 50 years:

1. BB (w/Pioli and now Caserio)

2. George Young

3. DeBartolo/Walsh/Policy

4. Bobby Beathard (incredibly underrated, learned under Young)

5. Rooneys/Chuck Noll

please stop the crapolla fantasy in your head that every GM follows bellichick around like clueless children-it makes you look like an even sillier than your "cap is the be all and end all" nonsense that you continue to use as the only barometer when having this discussion-along with your selective facts

I will say both points you never seem to want to understand for the 100th time and let it go at that:

1. the NY Giants have been drafting the same way since Young through Young/Parcells to Ernie Accorsi and now Jerry Reese and it's been the same through your sacred cap era as it was before-and it's to this day the same way Bill Bellichick drafts players and builds a roster...he is applying a "formula" that existed before he was a GM and one the Giants were oh so coincidentally using when he coached here

2. like any other very successful GM/HC who has a once in a lifetime QB-and by ur own words this is more important recently in this modern pass happy tilited towards the offense league-he must be judged with this in mind as such a player covers up poor draft choices and bad roster management..if you can sit here and say "Bellichick would have been this successful Brady or no Brady" then you are fooling yourself

3. and yes that division sure helps too thru no fault of the Pats-just like in the 70's the Cowboys and Steelers had fairly consistently mediocre division foes and the 49ers in the 80's...

Sections
Shortcuts