BB Continues To Be A Trailblazer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: BB Continues To Be A Trailblazer

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

ok so what we're saying is that Belichick really isn't the two tight end trendsetter. 

That's all.

Well, I think in this era and with the Gronk and Hernadez picks, he's rekindled it.  Look, you can be jealous all day like Gunty is here, when you try to discredit or tone down BB's trailblazing approaches, but I can make a list of 10 unique things in terms of tweaking ideologies on offense or defense that literally he's done by his lonesome.

One example is the trade for Welker and now Welker is arguably the best slot WR anyone has ever seen. 

He's incredibly creative, while most teams are just trying to build a team that makes the playoffs in successive years.

I'll take your feeble attempt to counter as a backpedal and concession. lol

If the jealousy resides anywhere its with you.  A statement is made and refuted with proof.  I don't find anything either jealous or regressive with that.  If you do, maybe you are the one who is sauced. 

Your jealousy is demonstrated by your incessant attempts to cover up and/or deflect from the mistaken statement. 

The Welker thing was done before too.  Brandon Stokely anyone?  Wallowed in Baltimore until he was made a star in Indy.  Thanks for once again ascribing something to Belichick that was done not too long before by the colts.  Maybe Belichick is like the Japanese of the 80's - inventors of nothing, but recreator extraordinaire. 

Umm, Troy Brown or even Wayne Chrebet were doing it LONG before Brandon Stokely.

LOL

Every time you attempt to showcase a trailblazing moment for the Colts, I can counter with ease.

Keep trying.

I have not claimed trailblazer status for anyone.  That's you, pumpkin, but nice trying to put that on me.  Not very smart are you?  

Read slowly and twice for understanding.  I was simply supplying facts to refute your claims.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

ok so what we're saying is that Belichick really isn't the two tight end trendsetter. 

That's all.

Well, I think in this era and with the Gronk and Hernadez picks, he's rekindled it.  Look, you can be jealous all day like Gunty is here, when you try to discredit or tone down BB's trailblazing approaches, but I can make a list of 10 unique things in terms of tweaking ideologies on offense or defense that literally he's done by his lonesome.

One example is the trade for Welker and now Welker is arguably the best slot WR anyone has ever seen. 

He's incredibly creative, while most teams are just trying to build a team that makes the playoffs in successive years.

I'll take your feeble attempt to counter as a backpedal and concession. lol

If the jealousy resides anywhere its with you.  A statement is made and refuted with proof.  I don't find anything either jealous or regressive with that.  If you do, maybe you are the one who is sauced. 

Your jealousy is demonstrated by your incessant attempts to cover up and/or deflect from the mistaken statement. 

The Welker thing was done before too.  Brandon Stokely anyone?  Wallowed in Baltimore until he was made a star in Indy.  Thanks for once again ascribing something to Belichick that was done not too long before by the colts.  Maybe Belichick is like the Japanese of the 80's - inventors of nothing, but recreator extraordinaire. 

Umm, Troy Brown or even Wayne Chrebet were doing it LONG before Brandon Stokely.

LOL

Every time you attempt to showcase a trailblazing moment for the Colts, I can counter with ease.

Keep trying.

I have not claimed trailblazer status for anyone.  That's you, pumpkin, but nice trying to put that on me.  Not very smart are you?  

Read slowly and twice for understanding.  I was simply supplying facts to refute your claims.  

Yes you did. You did it twice. Once with Pollard/Clark at TE and now with Stokely before Welker came here.

I read just fine thanks and I enjoy calling out your blatantly obvious agenda.

Wow - I can't get anything by you can I?  Can you show me exactly where I said the colts were trailblazers?  By the way can you define an era?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So how is BB trailblazing again? By committing some of the biggest reaches in recent draft history?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

"I think you have the Bill's as# backwards. BP never won a SB without BB. BB won three without BP."

BINGO!

oh I get it now

Because Bellichick was the D Co he couldn't possibly have learned anything watching Parcells, listening to Parcells, seeing how Young and Parcells drafted and developed players and built a championship team, he never ever asked either of them a question, nope none of that-Bellichick performed as a DC in a soundproof bubble miles away from any contact with Parcells and Young-hell on Sundays he wasn't ever on the sidelines he was locked in an underground vault on game days

And of course none of the other Parcells coaches who went on to create one of the most successful coaching trees in NFL history learned anything from Parcells either, it's all just one of those strange coincidences the way this played out

I got it now thanks for clearing that up 

oh boy...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Unreadable and he may be hammered^^

sober as a judge and right as rain!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

"I think you have the Bill's as# backwards. BP never won a SB without BB. BB won three without BP."

BINGO!

oh I get it now

Because Bellichick was the D Co he couldn't possibly have learned anything watching Parcells, listening to Parcells, seeing how Young and Parcells drafted and developed players and built a championship team, he never ever asked either of them a question, nope none of that-Bellichick performed as a DC in a soundproof bubble miles away from any contact with Parcells and Young-hell on Sundays he wasn't ever on the sidelines he was locked in an underground vault on game days

And of course none of the other Parcells coaches who went on to create one of the most successful coaching trees in NFL history learned anything from Parcells either, it's all just one of those strange coincidences the way this played out

oh boy...

parcells was a great coach and i obviously respect what he did for the giants and for his whole career, but you saying that BB learned everything from parcells is just absolutely ridiculous. yes, parcells most certainly helped out BB, but BB isnt a successful coach just because of parcells.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

BINGO!

oh I get it now

oh boy...

Of course he learned things from Parcells. Did we say he didn't? In fact, SMART people learn things through their life from ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE.

That aspect is what makes some morons on this board so ignorant.

It's like some peopel are so afraid to learn from others here. They just lash out instead, embarrassed and then go on to deflect to protect their own personal agendas.

Not everything in life is so black and white. There's a lot of grey. 

But, to form a premise that when there is a moutain of evidence that doesn't favor Parcells, but favors BB, is preposterous.

Even our Indy troll who hates BB and the Pats, would admit BB>Parcells as a coach and GM.

Parcells wasn't even  a good coach for Dallas for crying out loud. The game passed him by.

He was a GREAT HOF coach with the Giants and did a great job helping build up a quality foundation here with the Pats as a coach and a guy who helped pick SOME draft picks. But, he was never the GM here. It's why he left!

Don't bother expaining to Jints , he is ignoring the facts and going along with the assumption that because Belichick worked for Parcells he was not the key contributor. If you look at the areas BB was in charge of under Parcels you see where the real football IQ was.

Yes, I do think BB learned a lot about team managment from Parcels, but the key eye for talent and defensive scheming is what differentiated those Giants teams and those were all BB. You could say Parcels is a member of the BB coaching tree and it would be more accurate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Don't bother expaining to Jints , he is ignoring the facts and going along with the assumption that because Belichick worked for Parcells he was not the key contributor. If you look at the areas BB was in charge of under Parcels you see where the real football IQ was.

Yes, I do think BB learned a lot about team managment from Parcels, but the key eye for talent and defensive scheming is what differentiated those Giants teams and those were all BB. You could say Parcels is a member of the BB coaching tree and it would be more accurate.

A fair minded person would admit any DC would look good with LT playing for them.

Without LT and TB where the hell would BB be?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

A fair minded person would admit any DC would look good with LT playing for them.

Without LT and TB where the hell would BB be?

LT was old and limited in 1990, actually, and BB's genius gameplan vs a lethal Buffalo offense built by Polian, stymied the Bills and helped the Giants win it all.

Every time you try to diminsh BB, I'll be here to slap you silly.

31 is old now nutjob? Was 1990 the only year BB had LT?

Cherry pick away Mad Hatter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Parcells without Belichick has a sub 500% record.

Within one season of Belichick arriving to coach defense for Parcells, all his teams became winner or were in the Super Bowl within a season.  

Happened in 86' with the Giants, happened in 96' when Belichick came to New England, happened with the Jets in 98.'

The real architect of the Giant's coaching tree was Ray Perkins, not Parcells (also it was Perkins who drafted LT btw)... Parcells was a colorful character, a good team builder, hired the right people but Belichick has surpassed him and proven to be the real defensive genius of those early teams.

This isn't even up for debate...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

1. the NY Giants have been drafting the same way since Young through Young/Parcells to Ernie Accorsi and now Jerry Reese and it's been the same through your sacred cap era as it was before-and it's to this day the same way Bill Bellichick drafts players and builds a roster...he is applying a "formula" that existed before he was a GM and one the Giants were oh so coincidentally using when he coached here

not coincidentally

It is interesting the Giants had 0 playoff appearances between 1964-1980.

Then in 1980-1990 they had 13 playoff games and 2 SB's!!

Guess who arrived in 1979 and left in 1990...not Bill Parcells, he came in 1981 after the team had turned around...it was Bill Belichick who ushered in the new era for the Giants.

The last few years of BBs tenure Tom Coughlin arrived and smartly soaked up as much as he could of Belichicks ways.

So you seriously think anyone would believe the Giants drafted the same way in the two periods:

1964-1980 -- 0 playoff games

1980-1990 -- 13 playoff games, 2 SB's ??

What were the Giants most known for in this time ...there superior LB's...hmm who was the linebacker coach??

They started drafting better because of the arrival of BB!! You know BB , the linebacker coach at the time Lawrence Taylor was drafted.

BB made the Giants and now you of all people are denying the league is not emulating him?

not only is this wrong and rife with silly connections that wont hold up to history but you sound like bellichick's agent - or worse rusty!

bb made the giants! hahahaha-priceless...no george young and bill parcells made the giants as everyone but some patsies fans seem to know

see they picked the players -not bellichIck-and parcells was the head coach-not bellichick-and they assembled a staff that included such nobodies as crennel weis fox coughlin payton- but it was bellichick who "made" the team-the other coaches were just hanging around- i guess bellichick coached offense and special teams too...oh boy

oh and belllicheck the DC? great job, glad we had him, brilliant- but do you seriously think bill bellichick is the only DC who could coach the talent young and parcells assembled? life is sweet when u have the greatest lb of his gereration and such nobodies as guys named carl banks, pepper johnson, george martin, harry carson, leonard marshal, jim burt etc....parcells and young loaded that team for bellichick on defense-who did a great job with it

i mean how do you think bellichick learned how to draft and put a team together in the first place? oh thats right learning from young and parcells- i love the idea how they started drafting better once bb got there-hahahahaha...yeah george young was gonna have his linebacker coach tell him who to draft! that include the offensive players too? the punter?

and yeah it took bellichick to tell young to draft the greatest lb prospect since dick butkus-suuure it did -just like only bellchick could have coached him

when i said draft the same way i meant since young got there-1979 not 1960- if u read what i have posted here about 50 times...bellichick drafts just like young and parcells: you draft depth, you take the best players available regardless of position unless specifically addressing an immediate need, you take versatility and football IQ over talent...sound familiar? sure it does, it's the way bellichick watched young and later both young and parcells build a champion-hell bellichick even deals with injuries and the media just like parcells except parcells had personality bellichick is wooden...as i have said before the "patriot way" is a helluva lot the "parcells way" on and off the field

and ur coughlin point? oh man i just gotta hear what he learned from bellichick since he worked the other side of the ball and bellichick wasnt a gm or hc - i mean what the hell are u talking about? the only thing coughlin "learned' from bellichick was how to beat him-and you think bb might have then learned from coughlin?

and last since bellichick himself called parcells a "mentor" why exactly have we even been having these silly conversations?

its as simple as it's always been:

1. bellichick=great coach and gm, hall of famer, one of the best ever and very glad and proud he was a Giant

2. No Parcells=No Bellichick

PS: ur other post said the idea of a coaching tree doesnt matter (paraphrasing)? now really u think that all those guys coming from the same head coach/organization all having success in this league is a coincidence? all of them? kinda of also shoots down any idea parcells isnt a great leader/teacher and that bellichick wasn't among those who benefitted from it right? i mean when so many go on to success you gotta look at where they came from-if only one- say bb -was thats different but fox coughlin payton bellichick crennel weis..whats the common denominator?

PARCELLS THE MASTER!!

Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

BINGO!

oh I get it now

oh boy...

parcells was a great coach and i obviously respect what he did for the giants and for his whole career, but you saying that BB learned everything from parcells is just absolutely ridiculous. yes, parcells most certainly helped out BB, but BB isnt a successful coach just because of parcells.

now ur putting words in my mouth RSF...show me where I have ever said BB learned "everything" from Parcells and that is successful "only" because of Parcells

I would never make such statements because they would be over the top and inaccurate and i never have...to prove such has never been my goal-there is a big difference between my view of the parcells/bb dynamic that i put forth and defend and such statements as those

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Parcells without Belichick has a sub 500% record.

Within one season of Belichick arriving to coach defense for Parcells, all his teams became winner or were in the Super Bowl within a season.  

Happened in 86' with the Giants, happened in 96' when Belichick came to New England, happened with the Jets in 98.'

The real architect of the Giant's coaching tree was Ray Perkins, not Parcells (also it was Perkins who drafted LT btw)... Parcells was a colorful character, a good team builder, hired the right people but Belichick has surpassed him and proven to be the real defensive genius of those early teams.

This isn't even up for debate...

untrue wozzo - start with my post above then read below please

please stop with the silliness of parcells record without bellichick- it is beneath ur intelligence and i consider u rational- i am not talking to rusty the bellichick nut here-not only did parcells take over losing franchises so immediately his won-loss record is going to be compromised but that argument is akin to the ones bellichick lovers hate: show me bb's record without tom brady: .500? I don't say that because i know a helluva lot more goes into it than something like a black and white number, including the fact that parcells had staffs he helped build that had such talents as coughlin payton weis crennel fox-so u might as well say his record is .500 without ALL of them or none but please dont single out bellichick

btw he was with the jints as LB coach before parcells so he didn't arrive a "year" after-maybe u mean he became the DC?

george young drafted lawrence taylor not ray perkins not sure where u got that info but even if perkins did  lets be honest that one i give no one credit to anyone but LT being the best of his time-a monkey would have drafted the best lb propect since butkus and one of the best college prospects ever-come on-and don't tell me parcells and young didn't load that d up for Bellichick

btw it's amazing how b/c I give Parcells what i feel is his due it's like you all seem to forget how much respect i have for bellichick and how many times I have given him his due-a lot more than willfully blind pats fans seems to want to give parcells-ingrates that they are

you remember parcells right woz? he just turned your team from a joke into a winner-just like he did everywhere he went -something bellichick wouldn't even dare attempt

ask him sometime-BB will tell you who is truly THE MASTER!  Innocent

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

please show me all the coaches the Giants have hired away from the Pats, 

The New Jersey Giants started by hiring another Bill Parcells alum as their head coach.  The head coach sets all the policies.  You can say that HC Tom Coughlin didn't work dirctly for BB but it's a pretty close football bloodline.  BB down in Foxboro often liked the offensive linemen that the Boston College Eagles produced, because Coughlin could give him the inside scoop.  Good job on the Giants' part!  The Giants are a respectable 106-86 in the 192 regular season games of this century, so it's not like they want to pawn the family jewels tomorrow for a castoff Patriots defensive coordinator.  Baltimore got Dean Pees.

The Giants thought about signing WR Julian Edelman away from the Patriots last month.  He went over for a visit on April 3, 2013.  Good try. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The notion that Belichick learned the game solely from Parcells and that his success is based on what he learned from Parcells is incorrect. I am fairly convinced that BB learned from a wide array of coaches not the least of whom are Steve Belichick and Ted Marchibroda for starters.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Amazing.  My comment to Babe gets removed but yet he can run amok here namecalling and provoking with every comment and not get chastised for it.  What a joke.