BB does it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: BB does it again

In Response to Re: BB does it again:
    In Response to Re: BB does it again : I think Plax did pretty much what he was thought to do.  He had 45 catches and the Jets increased scoring and went from one of the worst red zone teams to one of the best.  Mason was a huge disappointment coming off a 60 catch season.  Funny thing is, in fewer games he had more catches than Ocho, just not with the 3 million dollar price tag.  Fortunately, the Jets had a 5th round rookie with somewhere around 2x as many catches as Ocho in fewer games.  I'll have to see if he made over the rookie minimum.  
    Posted by JetMangione

Funny thing is, the Jets went .500 and the Pats were a few snaps away from a 4th Lombardi in about a decade.  And the really funny thing is, Mark Sanchez is still the starting quarterback.  That's what's really funny.  Enjoy "ground and pound" with Shonne Greene, he of the nearly as many fumbles (7) as career touchdowns (10).  What a joke of a team....But keep boosting up Sanchez off 2 good playoff games, don't worry about the other 40+ that show he is at best a run of the mill quarterback.  With the 5th overall pick, the New York Jets select.....Mistake prone game manager.  And the crowd goes wild!  How many more seasons until he completes 60% of his passes?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : First, thanx andrew... Second, Anyone know how to draw some kinda keystroke human stick figure?  I'd like to know so I can place it pitilessly looking down on top of my comment from up above...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

ʇɥƃıɹ ʇno ǝɯoɔ oʇ ǝɹnƃıɟ ʞɔıʇs ǝɥʇ ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı  ˙zɐl ʎɹɹos

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : Straight from the rusty school pf how to backpedal when proven to be an idiot.  Nice job, rusty must be very proud.   When did the subject change from Ocho vs Plax?  Wait, I know, it was right when the facts made you look like an idiot.
    Posted by JetMangione

Backpedal?  Hardly....Ocho was a complete and utter bust, at no point have I even remotely "backpedaled" from that statement.  B-U-S-T.  I'm just keeping things in perspective, the Pats miss on a few players and nearly win (another) superbowl...The Jets miss on a few players and finish .500, adding yet another illustrious chapter to their storied history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

By all means, if you think Jeremy Kerley is the franchise savior....go for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : I apologize on behalf of my fellow Pats fan, Pezz. I told him many times it's toilets you clean, not gutters.
    Posted by BassFishingII

Ya, but sometimes when those potties are clogged, you have to go to the roof and blow out those vents.  Therefore, he would need a ladder and a bunch of hot air.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : Right, all those players they missed on - except that the Jets were under the final 4 FA rules the previous two offseasons.  As the Jets were the on team to have that restriction for both years, it's shocking they were able to do as well as they did, only missing the playoffs by one game.   But yeah, you did backpedal.  Didn't you hear rusty cheering for you?
    Posted by JetMangione

To please you I'll say it again, Ocho was a bust.  The Pats almost won the Superbowl, again.  The Jets didn't sniff the playoffs.  When they needed good qb play the most, Sanchez played his worst. End of story.  And I could care less about Rusty, we argue all the time.  Their Safetys are (still) useless in the passing game, their linebackers are absurdly slow, and outside of Harris simply poor; the O-line has been in decline since 2009 and they will be fielding the worst RT in the league again this coming season.  Let's see what else, average RBs, average quarterbacking, average WR group though I do like Hill.  Did I miss anything?  Or am I just not paying attention to the brilliance that is Bart Scott and Calvin Pace....  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : I just don't recall using that wording.  I did, however state the fact that as a 5th round pick with little playing time, he has 30 or so catches.  He's no Taylor Price, but aside from Brandon Tate, who is?
    Posted by JetMangione

Vlad D, Vernon "I can't do anything" Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Justin Miller, Dustin Keller, Shonne Greene...Teams miss all the time, Pats included.  Difference is the Pats keep winning, and the Jets keep sucking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : Yes, I would say they do.  Just not sure how a 1000 yard back, a 65 catch TE or a QB with 30 wins in his first three years fits into that statement.
    Posted by JetMangione

You really think Mark Sanchez is going to become a good/very good quarterback?  Let's forget for a second that he was drafted 5th overall, and should right now be a very, very good player.  Do you seriously think he's going to become a top 10, top 7 player at the position?  And my point on Keller and Greene were not that they were busts, it was that teams frequently draft players who aren't as good as their draft position.  Now frankly I think Greene is just a plodder with decent power who can press the hole, Keller is certainly a good player but for a first round pick on a TE...I'd expect more than a player who is useless in the run game, and frequently dissapears when played physically or chipped at the line.  But seriously....Mark Sanchez?  Seriously?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : Sorry, that's just not accurate.  The Jets did, in fact, sniff the playoffs.  
    Posted by JetMangione

They would have had to won 1 of their last 3 games and couldn't do it.
    Then there would have been a combination of something like 6 teams losing to get in.  That is not sniffing.  That is failing.

In 08, the Pats who were riding a 4 game winning streak only needed one team to win to get in the pay-offs.  Unfortunately it was the 3rd place jest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : Sorry, that's just not accurate.  The Jets did, in fact, sniff the playoffs.  
    Posted by JetMangione

And then Sanchez totally, absolutely, unequivocally; blew it.  But he's a "winner", just like Tebow, just like Vince Young was, just like Kyle Orton was...Really that's an insult to Orton though, he's a far better player than Sanchize.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : He sure did play a part.  I'm not sure why guys who win early and often, win 4 road playoff games in their first couple of years are thought to be a "winner".  It is really weird how some people describe a "winner", it's like they think that winning games is somehow important.   Do yourself a favor.  In the few posts that I've seen of yours, you've just posted such stupidity beginning with the Plax v Ocho, then claiming Keller was a miss, now saying that Orton is a "far better" player than Sanchez is.  The truth is, Sanchez 2011 season was virtually identical to Orton's.  In addition to that, Sanchez's first three years were better than Orton's.  If you have to post such stupid things, you're not really worth the (lack of) effort it takes to show what an idiot you are.
    Posted by JetMangione

By all means, please enlighten me as to why Mark Sanchez is significantly superior to Kyle Orton.  Even accepting that premise, is that what you expect from the 5th overall pick, who the Jets traded up to get?  Talk about value....And the Jets won those games in 09 in spite of Sanchez, not because of him.  By all means I hope he starts for the next decade, it will virtually ensure the Jets will never win the AFCE, let alone a Superbowl.  How long has it been again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again :
    Posted by JetMangione

Yes, and neither Watson nor Graham were particularly good picks.  But again, I hope they trot out Sanchez for the next 10 years.  They will never, ever, win a Superbowl with him.  Not happening.  Trading up to land a quarterback at 5, because you "need" one is the definition of a reach.  It's what sets franchises back, it's what keeps them out of the playoffs down the road.  But the Jets don't know much about the playoffs...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Damn....Why do I have to work?!  I was working and missed JetMangione's thread today!  :  (

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1. ^ #5: Cleveland → New York Jets (D). Cleveland traded its first-round selection (5th overall, used to select Mark Sanchez) to the Jets for the Jets' first- and second-round selections (17th overall, traded to Tampa Bay, who selected Josh Freeman; and 52nd overall, used to select David Veikune), Kenyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff, and Abram Elam.[source 1
    2. #17: Cleveland → Tampa Bay (D). Cleveland traded its first-round selection it acquired from the Jets (17th overall, used to select Josh Freeman) to Tampa Bay for first- and sixth-round selections (19th overall, traded to Philadelphia, who selected Jeremy Maclin; and 191st overall, used to select Coye Francies).[source 2]

so we can conclude that the selection and subsequent trade up for sanchez lead to the forfiting fo picks used to take Jeremy maclin, josh freeman, abram elam... all of which are better players than sanchez.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I wonder who will have a higher completion %, Tebow or sanchez?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: BB does it again : You're just showing your ignorance of the careers of many very good NFL QBs who had their careers begin much like Sanchez.  In addition, you are showing your ignorance of how many very good games Sanchez has had and how well he played in the playoffs against the best teams.  He has played very good, he has played very bad.  Why don't you look up inconsistent to make sure you know what it means.
    Posted by JetMangione

That is utterly false, most very good-elite quarterbacks show consistently good ability quite early on, for good stretches of time...Stafford was ready by year 2, Matt Ryan by year one, Newton by year one, Big Ben by year one, Cutler by year one, Rivers and Rodgers by their first year starting tore it up....Flacco and Freeman have taken some time, but they weren't drafted 5th overall and frankly don't seem to be great players.  But I guess the jets "needed" a quarterback, so moving up to 5 to draft an average west coast guy is worth it.  Eli Manning is the only high QB pick recently who took years and years to develop, he is the excetion to the rule.  If you don't see something resembling consistent play after 50+ starts, it is highly unlikely you have some stud player who just needs 50 more games to "develop".  Cosell wrote on Sanchez v Stafford coming out of college, and the difference in pure throwing ability was startling.  Sanchez lacks the arm strength to spin in it in the wind, the accuracy to fit it into smaller windows, and the decision making to make full field read progressions.  He reacts to open side pressure as poorly as any quarterback i've ever seen in this league, hit him a few times and he can't pull the trigger.  It was true at 'SC, it's true in the NFL.  Sanchez has never strung together a month of good football, 65+ completion %, >7YPA, 2-1 TD/INT ratio type stuff.  Not even close.  With a strong roster around him a few years back they made some playoff runs, but even then for the most part the game plans were simple one-read, half-field iso looks...It's laughable how little the staff trusts his ability to stay calm under pressue.  And those few decent playoff passing games allow Jets fans to disregard a 45+ game body of work that says he is nothing more than a marginal starter with a decent arm, sub-par accuracy, and scatter-brain decision making.  The notion that it takes many good quarterbacks half a decade to put together a good 16 game season is absurd.  Even guys like Schaub who don't get their chance for several years show consistent ability early on.  Sanchez, at best, has had a few individual games where he played like the 5th overall pick should.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have to ask myself why a fan of another team (not just the Jets, any other team) would expend so much time on a Patriots fan board while contributing nothing but negativity in the process. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I have to ask myself why a fan of another team (not just the Jets, any other team) would expend so much time on a Patriots fan board while contributing nothing but negativity in the process. 
    Posted by ATJ

Look the Jets havent won it all since Nixon was running the show....there just isn't much positive to talk about in Jersey.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Posted by JetMangione

It seems you're very satisfied with a .500 record (give or take a game or two) and "sniffing" the playoffs.  If your standards for your team are that low, I suspect you'll be "enjoying" your team for the next couple of years.  Have fun with it!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts