BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!

In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      After squandering 13 of 19 of his first to third round picks, from 2006-10, perhaps it's time that BB started to care what others think, before he wastes anymore picks, like he did with the 48th and 62nd overall picks, this year. His day two and day three choices...and, more specifically, where he took them, were horrendous.       To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

You're wasting your breath with these clowns. They are HOF dense. I'm just glad BB threw a couple of first rounders at his inept defense. How much worse can this second round D pick be than most of his other 2nd round D picks in the past?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : And Downnnnn goes Texas Pat......
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

He understands the game better than any 5 of you witless clowns put together ever will.

Hey, did you hear - BB let your star RB walk, LMAO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

TP is just upset that BB and the Pats never pick the players he wants yet make it to the superbowl on a regular basis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]lol, nope, he isn't going to lose any sleep over what mel kiper or jetmangione says
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Actually, this wasn't always the case. When the late Joel Buchbaum of ProFootball Weekly was alive, BB used to call him on the eve of the draft, reveal to him the Patriots' draft board, and seek his opinions on it. Then, if Buschbaum had criticisms, BB would often change his board, accordingly. BB had offered Buschbaum a job with the Pats...but he turned him down:

"...Joel was so respected by NFL general managers, coaches and personnel people. He seldom talked about who his sources were, but when we had a service for him at the 2003 scouting combine, I was amazed at the attendance.

The first speaker was Bill Belichick. He said Joel had become one of his closest friends even though he’d never met him in person. Belichick said he had tried numerous times to hire Joel, who politely declined because he felt that working for Pro Football Weekly allowed him to work for every NFL team.

Belichick said that before the draft, when the Patriots had their final board in place, he’d call Joel to see what he thought and make changes based on what Buchsbaum suggested. I thought that was quite an admission by Belichick." http://blog.chron.com/nfl/2007/04/on-texans-draft-granatos-lawsuit-and-the-late-great-joel-b-wvideo/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Belichick is a honey badger, he don't give a f*#k! After the draft he will go home, put on his 5 Super Bowl rings, turn on the TV and laugh at all the so called experts on TV questioning his picks after the first round.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Spot on TFB12

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

BB drafts Wilson in second round. Fans are perplexed, apoplectic, suicidal. Media is dumbfounded. Wilson doesn't have any comment. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      After squandering 13 of 19 of his first to third round picks, from 2006-10, perhaps it's time that BB started to care what others think, before he wastes anymore picks, like he did with the 48th and 62nd overall picks, this year. His day two and day three choices...and, more specifically, where he took them, were horrendous.       To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  

They are good picks no matter if Marilyn Manson made them or even Sid Vicious from his grave!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : I know you would be giving them an "A."  Just like you did in 2010 when they drafted Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse and John Conner and that's it!  Real genius there.  And what did you give the Pats that year as I recall, a "C"?  All they got were McCourty, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Mesko and Spikes. So they had a few misses. They could have had Mike Wallace or Joe Shmo instead of Taylor Price, big deal. Who could the Jets (who you gave an "A" to) have taken instead of the three worthless stiffs they ended up with?  Who gives a rip what ESPN or anybody else says. They give their grades and nobody ever calls them on their judgments after the fact, it's all forgotten. Well, I'm calling you out. Your grades are worthless like all the rest, and you don't know what you're talking about. How's that?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

TP

Et tu, Brutus?

(If you are going to give sh*t, you have to take it.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      Actually, this wasn't always the case. When the late Joel Buchbaum of ProFootball Weekly was alive, BB used to call him on the eve of the draft, reveal to him the Patriots' draft board, and seek his opinions on it. Then, if Buschbaum had criticisms, BB would often change his board, accordingly. BB had offered Buschbaum a job with the Pats...but he turned him down: "...Joel was so respected by NFL general managers, coaches and personnel people. He seldom talked about who his sources were, but when we had a service for him at the 2003 scouting combine, I was amazed at the attendance. The first speaker was Bill Belichick. He said Joel had become one of his closest friends even though he’d never met him in person. Belichick said he had tried numerous times to hire Joel, who politely declined because he felt that working for Pro Football Weekly allowed him to work for every NFL team. Belichick said that before the draft, when the Patriots had their final board in place, he’d call Joel to see what he thought and make changes based on what Buchsbaum suggested. I thought that was quite an admission by Belichick." http://blog.chron.com/nfl/2007/04/on-texans-draft-granatos-lawsuit-and-the-late-great-joel-b-wvideo/   

This is nothing but hearsay.  You overinterpret what someone else remembers (possibly incorrectly) Belichick saying at a memorial service.  People have been known to say things that were not exactly true at memorial services.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Belichick is a honey badger, he don't give a f*#k! Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

BillFknBelichick. BFB. Yeah baby

Anyone know any NFL headcoaches who've taken a team to the SB 5 times?

yeah, is BFB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

+1
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : I know you would be giving them an "A."  Just like you did in 2010 when they drafted Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse and John Conner and that's it!  Real genius there.  And what did you give the Pats that year as I recall, a "C"?  All they got were McCourty, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Mesko and Spikes. So they had a few misses. They could have had Mike Wallace or Joe Shmo instead of Taylor Price, big deal. Who could the Jets (who you gave an "A" to) have taken instead of the three worthless stiffs they ended up with?  Who gives a rip what ESPN or anybody else says. They give their grades and nobody ever calls them on their judgments after the fact, it's all forgotten. Well, I'm calling you out. Your grades are worthless like all the rest, and you don't know what you're talking about. How's that?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : You're wasting your breath with these clowns. They are HOF dense. I'm just glad BB threw a couple of first rounders at his inept defense. How much worse can this second round D pick be than most of his other 2nd round D picks in the past?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sure Underdog. Sounds like your still up to your thinly veiled BB insults. How he is an average GM and saved only by lucking into Tom Brady and has only had a good defense when other people built his teams for him and blah blah.

Good stuff Baby, way to be kid.

P.S change your name already, the gig is up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The name of this thread " BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!" is absolutely true.

Bill could give a crap that some feel like he reached in the second round. Bill could care less that people on here list his draft busts. Why? Because BB is the best coach in the NFL and when you're the best and have the best QB you go to Super Bowls...regularly. 

So now that we know BB doesn't care about our opinions and we're not hurting his feelings (and as long as we're all fans of this team), isn't ok to question/critique/judge/have an opinion/try to play gm/watch the draft and have an interest in players you like/wonder why the hell we waited five years to draft pass rushers/and try to predict what will happen with this team in the future? I mean it's not hurting his feelings (maybe Johny K Jr.'s, but not BB's). Otherwise why come here? Isn't having an opinion more fun than grabbing a pom pom and blindly saluting every single move made?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't mind if posters want to come here to criticize Belichick, it's the over-the-top arrogance of a few that really bug me. For example, the clown thread and even the draft thread right after Wilson was selected. Belicheck is not perfect but is he really an imbecile?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mind if posters want to come here to criticize Belichick, it's the over-the-top arrogance of a few that really bug me. For example, the clown thread and even the draft thread right after Wilson was selected. Belicheck is not perfect but is he really an imbecile?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Spoiled f'ing fans!  Name another team that has a chance of winning the SB every freaking season!!!  If you look at the sports books year after year I'm pretty sure the Patriots lead the odds on winning it all, over the last decade.   The NFL, especially New England Patriots, will never, ever see another coach like Bill 'Freaking' Belichick ever again.  He's one of a kind.  So shut up and enjoy it while it last...  Things could be a whole lot worse...  We could have Rex Ryan, Norv Turner or Jason Garret, to name a few, coaching our beloved team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : Spoiled f'ing fans!  Name another team that has a chance of winning the SB every freaking season!!!  If you look at the sports books year after year I'm pretty sure the Patriots lead the odds on winning it all, over the last decade.   The NFL, especially New England Patriots, will never, ever see another coach like Bill 'Freaking' Belichick ever again.  He's one of a kind.  So shut up and enjoy it while it last...  Things could be a whole lot worse...  We could have Rex Ryan, Norv Turner or Jason Garret, to name a few, coaching our beloved team.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Time for some Patriots Photoshop! Of course include the "fans" into it!  Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

These supposed draft experts are wrong more than right----why they are called experts is beyond me-----I bet their are a dozen posters on this board that would be better at pickin than these "Experts"--and Mel Kiper IMO is the worst. I'd like to have a job where I can screw up more than 50% of the time and still keep my job-these bozos are worse than weathermen/woman. I bet some if not most of these guys had  Vernon Golsten as early first round-he's backing up someone and not on the Jets roster--I don't even listen to these fools anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There have been several posters who have already clearly stated it oh so eloquently:  BB doesn't give a f&*k; he picks the player that he thinks will help the team the most.

I can't remember the precise wording but somone posted on another thread something along the lines of:  "BB ruined the entire Pats draft with the Wilson pick."  Holy jumped up knee-jerk guys!  Come in off the ledge.

TP, I respect your zeal as a Pats fan but your second guessing of BB really does blow the lid off.  I don't concur in your assessment nor do I subscribe to your characterization of BB's success rate in recent drafts.

BB is indeed a honey badger and there's no one who I would rather having making the Pats personnel decisions or coaching the team. 

Sections
Shortcuts