BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!

Bill Belichick doesn't care what draft experts think

The reaction from the draft analysts was unanimous. The Patriots took who in the second round?

When the defending AFC champions drafted Illinois defensive back Tavon Wilson No. 48 overall, the draftnik community was apoplectic. He was "rated" a seventh rounder or undrafted player, said draft gurus from NFL.com to ESPN.com. Wilson didn't even attend the combine.

"Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't," Belichick said via CSNNE.com. "I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter. ... How did (Patriots' right tackle Sebastian) Vollmer not get invited to the combine? I don't know. We can't really worry about that.

"We just have to try to evaluate them the best we can. If they're there, they're there. If they're not, they're not. If they play in an all-star game, we look at it. If they don't, they don't."

Vollmer became a second-team All-Pro in his second season. He was called a "reach" by the draftniks, too. Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great column on the subject that essentially asked: Do you trust the draftniks or Belichick?

The reality is that the draft community doesn't know how NFL teams think. There were a lot of teams that had Bruce Irvin rated in the first round. (Not just Seattle.) Seven teams worked out Wilson, so he wasn't under the radar.

"He played plenty. You can see him plenty at Illinois," Belichick said. "You can see him against whoever you want to see him against: all the Big Ten schools, Arizona State, teams that throw the ball."

Translation: We know more than you. It should be obvious, but he's right.

UPDATE: Belichick drafted Ohio State "safety" Nate Ebner in the sixth round. Ebner isn't in any draft preview magazines because he barely played on defense last year. He was a walk on  that mostly played special teams. (Before having a great pro day.) If the NFL doesn't work out, Ebner will pursue an international rugby career

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!

Bill Belichick is a honey badger, he don't give a f*#k!

After the draft he will go home, put on his 5 Super Bowl rings, turn on the TV and laugh at all the so called experts on TV questioning his picks after the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

lol, nope, he isn't going to lose any sleep over what mel kiper or jetmangione says

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

""Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't," Belichick said via CSNNE.com. "I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter. ... How did (Patriots' right tackle Sebastian) Vollmer not get invited to the combine? I don't know. We can't really worry about that."

LMAO. BB just told everybody to take a hike. Fans here need to read this!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

AMERICA PHUK YA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]AMERICA PHUK YA!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]Bill Belichick doesn't care what draft experts think 9 By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League editor Published:   April 28, 2012 at 04:54 p.m. Updated:   April 28, 2012 at 05:20 p.m. Print The reaction from the draft analysts was unanimous. The Patriots took  who  in the second round? When the defending AFC champions drafted Illinois defensive back Tavon Wilson No. 48 overall, the draftnik community was apoplectic. He was "rated" a seventh rounder or undrafted player, said draft gurus from NFL.com to ESPN.com. Wilson  didn't even attend the combine . "Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't," Belichick said via CSNNE.com. "I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter. ... How did (Patriots' right tackle Sebastian) Vollmer not get invited to the combine? I don't know. We can't really worry about that. "We just have to try to evaluate them the best we can. If they're there, they're there. If they're not, they're not. If they play in an all-star game, we look at it. If they don't, they don't." Vollmer became a second-team All-Pro in his second season. He was called a "reach" by the draftniks, too. Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great column on the subject that essentially asked:  Do you trust  the draftniks or Belichick? The reality is that the draft community doesn't know how NFL teams think. There were a  lot  of teams that had Bruce Irvin rated in the first round. (Not just Seattle.) Seven teams worked out Wilson, so he wasn't under the radar. "He played plenty. You can see him plenty at Illinois," Belichick said. "You can see him against whoever you want to see him against: all the Big Ten schools, Arizona State, teams that throw the ball." Translation: We know more than you. It should be obvious, but he's right. UPDATE: Belichick drafted Ohio State "safety" Nate Ebner in the sixth round. Ebner isn't in any draft preview magazines because he barely played on defense last year. He was a walk on  that mostly played special teams. (Before having a great pro day.) If the NFL doesn't work out, Ebner will  pursue an international rugby career
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

After squandering 13 of 19 of his first to third round picks, from 2006-10, perhaps it's time that BB started to care what others think, before he wastes anymore picks, like he did with the 48th and 62nd overall picks, this year. His day two and day three choices...and, more specifically, where he took them, were horrendous. 

To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      After squandering 13 of 19 of his first to third round picks, from 2006-10, perhaps it's time that BB started to care what others think, before he wastes anymore picks, like he did with the 48th and 62nd overall picks, this year. His day two and day three choices...and, more specifically, where he took them, were horrendous.       To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

I'd be scared about their pass-rush?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      After squandering 13 of 19 of his first to third round picks, from 2006-10, perhaps it's time that BB started to care what others think, before he wastes anymore picks, like he did with the 48th and 62nd overall picks, this year. His day two and day three choices...and, more specifically, where he took them, were horrendous.       To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  

Jury is out on the 48 but the 62nd yielded 4, actually pretty good picks.  Is that enough value for you?  Maybe you should have waited to criticize on that one.
    Maybe both.  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : I'd be scared about their pass-rush?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

yep, I would say "damn the Jets just LOADED UP ON DEFENSE" .

6 defensive players in a row and now a 7th rd steal with Denard. BB finds more talent in the 7th rd then half the Gms find in the 1st.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : Jury is out on the 48 but the 62nd yielded 4, actually pretty good picks.  Is that enough value for you?  Maybe you should have waited to criticize on that one. Maybe both.  :-)
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

No...it's not. Getting Dennard in round 7 doesn't cancel out wasting the 48th overall pick on Wilson. The 7th rounders came about due to the trade-down with pick #62. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : yep, I would say "damn the Jets just LOADED UP ON DEFENSE" . 6 defensive players in a row and now a 7th rd steal with Denard. BB finds more talent in the 7th rd then half the Gms find in the 1st.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Gholston scared the crap outta me and he turned out bust...  I can admit when the Jets make good moves... don't like Couples - love Revis-Cro back field... I like the what Pats did in the first round much more however. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      Careful not to gag on the koolaid. The Pats built up their pass rush in day one. Days two and three were the problem.

Bequette was a good pick for the 3rd. He could be an elephant or gain weight to be a 5 tech. He's great against the run with a noise for the ball and has better then average pass rush ability. Pretty good pick imo

Dennard was a steal in the 7th

Ebner has high upside and could be a Neal type of find. Good value in the 6th

Wilson is the only pick I don't like so you know what 6 out of 7 picks I like imo is a pretty great draft. Lets see how they work out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      Careful not to gag on the koolaid. The Pats built up their pass rush in day one. Days two and three were the problem.

There was one thing as a fan I wanted in this draft and years past.. Pass-Rush, and to be specific they did it in round 1 and 3... no need for Koolaid talk.  Very weak argument with me... I've been scolded on here for saying BB should get a pass-rusher... and Pats need a safety.. projection or not BB likes this guy Wilson... so be it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      No...it's not. Getting Dennard in round 7 doesn't cancel out wasting the 48th overall pick on Wilson. The 7th rounders came about due to the trade-down with pick #62. 

You still think the trade of the #62 was a poor value?  That's what I was referring to?  Lots of value in those picks.
    Wilson and Dennard probably could have been flipped, but who cares.
    BB got who he wanted and added 3 picks..  It's a wash.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : There was one thing as a fan I wanted in this draft and years past.. Pass-Rush, and to be specific they did it in round 1 and 3... no need for Koolaid talk.  Very weak argument with me... I've been scolded on here for saying BB should get a pass-rusher... and Pats need a safety.. projection or not BB likes this guy Wilson... so be it.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Who scolded you? After having lost Mark Anderson, and with Andre Carter perhaps on his way out, pass-rusher was the Pats' #1 need. They addressed that well, with Jones and Hightower, in round one. Lots of folks here are talking up Bequette, but he was rated as a 5th to 6th rounder. Still, he's a pass-rusher, who may pan out. 

Had BB not pulled the Wilson thing at #48, this would have been a great draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think!:
    [QUOTE]Bill Belichick doesn't care what draft experts think 9 By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League editor Published:   April 28, 2012 at 04:54 p.m. Updated:   April 28, 2012 at 05:20 p.m. Print The reaction from the draft analysts was unanimous. The Patriots took  who  in the second round? When the defending AFC champions drafted Illinois defensive back Tavon Wilson No. 48 overall, the draftnik community was apoplectic. He was "rated" a seventh rounder or undrafted player, said draft gurus from NFL.com to ESPN.com. Wilson  didn't even attend the combine . "Some guys play in all-star games, some guys don't," Belichick said via CSNNE.com. "I don't know who picks all those all-star teams. In all honesty, I don't know who picks the combine for that matter. ... How did (Patriots' right tackle Sebastian) Vollmer not get invited to the combine? I don't know. We can't really worry about that. "We just have to try to evaluate them the best we can. If they're there, they're there. If they're not, they're not. If they play in an all-star game, we look at it. If they don't, they don't." Vollmer became a second-team All-Pro in his second season. He was called a "reach" by the draftniks, too. Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great column on the subject that essentially asked:  Do you trust  the draftniks or Belichick? The reality is that the draft community doesn't know how NFL teams think. There were a  lot  of teams that had Bruce Irvin rated in the first round. (Not just Seattle.) Seven teams worked out Wilson, so he wasn't under the radar. "He played plenty. You can see him plenty at Illinois," Belichick said. "You can see him against whoever you want to see him against: all the Big Ten schools, Arizona State, teams that throw the ball." Translation: We know more than you. It should be obvious, but he's right. UPDATE: Belichick drafted Ohio State "safety" Nate Ebner in the sixth round. Ebner isn't in any draft preview magazines because he barely played on defense last year. He was a walk on  that mostly played special teams. (Before having a great pro day.) If the NFL doesn't work out, Ebner will  pursue an international rugby career
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Is there any GM who cares about at home draft experts? This is a worthless post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Bill Belichick is a honey badger, he don't give a f*#k! After the draft he will go home, put on his 5 Super Bowl rings, turn on the TV and laugh at all the so called experts on TV questioning his picks after the first round.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    I beileve that this present forum and some media haters have found some of his latest picks below par for this genius. This 1st round was pretty good, BB using a different drafting approach. We still don't know whether they'll pass BB's grade. Time will tell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      Who scolded you? After having lost Mark Anderson, and with Andre Carter perhaps on his way out, pass-rusher was the Pats' #1 need. They addressed that well, with Jones and Hightower, in round one. Lots of folks here are talking up Bequette, but he was rated as a 5th to 6th rounder. Still, he's a pass-rusher, who may pan out.       Had BB not pulled the Wilson thing at #48, this would have been a great draft.

One selection does not ruin an entire draft.. again the first 2 selections make this draft in itself for me. 

And I was complaining about pass-rush since like '09, and took heat for it then so I'm far from a koolaid drinker.  I just show respect I guess you could say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : yep, I would say "damn the Jets just LOADED UP ON DEFENSE" . 6 defensive players in a row and now a 7th rd steal with Denard. BB finds more talent in the 7th rd then half the Gms find in the 1st.
    7th rounders with baggage or just nut cases, which is the reason they're still there in that late round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : 7th rounders with baggage or just nut cases, which is the reason they're still there in that late round.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

7th rounder with baggage with one of 3 extra picks that were non-existent yesterday is a lot better than picking a bigger nut-job in the second round.
    Don't you think?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! :      ....To you koolaid drinkers who continue to defend the indefensible, what would you be saying if the Jets had made these picks?  

I know you would be giving them an "A."  Just like you did in 2010 when they drafted Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse and John Conner and that's it!  Real genius there. 

And what did you give the Pats that year as I recall, a "C"?  All they got were McCourty, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Mesko and Spikes. So they had a few misses. They could have had Mike Wallace or Joe Shmo instead of Taylor Price, big deal. Who could the Jets (who you gave an "A" to) have taken instead of the three worthless stiffs they ended up with? 

Who gives a rip what ESPN or anybody else says. They give their grades and nobody ever calls them on their judgments after the fact, it's all forgotten.

Well, I'm calling you out. Your grades are worthless like all the rest, and you don't know what you're talking about. How's that?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : I know you would be giving them an "A."  Just like you did in 2010 when they drafted Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse and John Conner and that's it!  Real genius there.  And what did you give the Pats that year as I recall, a "C"?  All they got were McCourty, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Mesko and Spikes. So they had a few misses. They could have had Mike Wallace or Joe Shmo instead of Taylor Price, big deal. Who could the Jets (who you gave an "A" to) have taken instead of the three worthless stiffs they ended up with?  Who gives a rip what ESPN or anybody else says. They give their grades and nobody ever calls them on their judgments after the fact, it's all forgotten. Well, I'm calling you out. Your grades are worthless like all the rest, and you don't know what you're talking about. How's that?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

And Downnnnn goes Texas Pat......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB doesn't care about what those stay at home draft experts/analysts think! : And Downnnnn goes Texas Pat......

Yes and he is one annoying dude. I like to read these posts,but only post on occasion. He either is a chick or a Jet's fan in disguise.