BB Draft Bashers Exposed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: BB Draft Bashers Exposed

I'm just going to start googling poor draft by the patriots and post them like rusty does for negative articles on Tom Brady. Here's one/few:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1140720-10-biggest-draft-mistakes-in-new-england-patriots-history

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/10/ras-i-dowling-the-patriots-latest-draft-bust-at-cornerback.html

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/10/ras-i-dowling-the-patriots-latest-draft-bust-at-cornerback.html

http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2011/9/7/2410852/secondary-issues-continue-to-plague-new-england-patriots-nfl

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/christopher-price/2012/10/16/why-drafting-and-developing-defensive-b

http://itsalwaysfootballseason.com/2012/03/25/for-the-patriots-poor-drafting-from-2006-09-left-them-without-starters-at-certain-positions.aspx

I didn't read any of them, but then again Rusty doesn't proof read anything he puts up either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Well sure, any mediocre team with a HOF QB borders on great. It's the mediocre team part that's the problem.

Oh that's right, one man team. The other 30 or so regulars are just mediocre. Does Brady also block and catch?

No, and neither do they. That's the problem.

Swap Brady and Sanchez and the Pats and jets swap records.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Put Sanchez on the 49ers and Ravens and they don't make the playoffs either. That was too easy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Put Sanchez on the 49ers and Ravens and they don't make the playoffs either. That was too easy.

Yeah, it is easy. Pats/jets = Two mediocre teams with the big difference being at QB.

Put Brady on the 9ers or Ravens and they are a dynasty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Listen to yourselves some of you.  You expect BB to be #1 at everything, and anything else is failure by your ridculously high standards that were -- get this -- set by BB himself.  That BB can't replicate the success of the early 2000's is not a surprise.  Spoiled, spoiled, spolied.  Some of you think superbowls grow on trees and you forget that the Pats were a play or two away from two more superbowl wins.  They got there, and they are competitive year in and year out.  Most any franchise in the NFL would gladly take the success NE has had.  

Exactly!

The NFL draft has to be the most overanalyzed, overrated event in the history of mankind. It's just one way teams acquire players and fill out their roster. Important, sure, but not close to the level of importance it is assigned by fans.  I think some fans care more about draft grades than wins and losses.

Also, if a team drafts a guy and he's not good enough for that team but nevertheless is good enough to play in the NFL, what does that mean? Maybe it means that the players on the team that drafted him are pretty good?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

True.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Why can't people understand that the better the team is, the harder it is to make the roster? BB demands perfection and if he sees an area that can be upgraded, not only does he draft at that position but also brings in FA's to compete with them at times. Other teams draft a guy, rely solely on them and ride them through the season regardless of whether the guy is good or s#cks (Jets).

I'm sure there has been some guys here over the years that hated being drafted by the Pats because they knew they wouldn't be handed a roster spot or playing time. Then we have guys who just want to win and be on the team and compete. Yes they've had some busts but who hasn't?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Listen to yourselves some of you.  You expect BB to be #1 at everything, and anything else is failure by your ridculously high standards that were -- get this -- set by BB himself.  That BB can't replicate the success of the early 2000's is not a surprise.  Spoiled, spoiled, spolied.  Some of you think superbowls grow on trees and you forget that the Pats were a play or two away from two more superbowl wins.  They got there, and they are competitive year in and year out.  Most any franchise in the NFL would gladly take the success NE has had.  

Exactly!

The NFL draft has to be the most overanalyzed, overrated event in the history of mankind. It's just one way teams acquire players and fill out their roster. Important, sure, but not close to the level of importance it is assigned by fans.  I think some fans care more about draft grades than wins and losses.

Also, if a team drafts a guy and he's not good enough for that team but nevertheless is good enough to play in the NFL, what does that mean? Maybe it means that the players on the team that drafted him are pretty good?

The draft is 90% of what wins SBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

True.

Actually, I'm not so sure about that. Those teams the last couple of years would probably have made the playoffs with anybody at QB. It's not like Flacco and Smith made all the difference for those teams over that time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Why can't people understand that the better the team is, the harder it is to make the roster? BB demands perfection and if he sees an area that can be upgraded, not only does he draft at that position but also brings in FA's to compete with them at times. Other teams draft a guy, rely solely on them and ride them through the season regardless of whether the guy is good or s#cks (Jets).

I'm sure there has been some guys here over the years that hated being drafted by the Pats because they knew they wouldn't be handed a roster spot or playing time. Then we have guys who just want to win and be on the team and compete. Yes they've had some busts but who hasn't?

Is our 29th ranked passing D an example of BB demanding perfection?

You mean a defender wouldn't want to be drafted by a team with one of the worst defenses in the league? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

You mean a defender wouldn't want to be drafted by a team with one of the worst defenses in the league? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't really care about yards allowed, I care about points allowed. Pats were 9th in the league in pts. allowed. Much more important stat imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't really care about yards allowed, I care about points allowed. Pats were 9th in the league in pts. allowed. Much more important stat imo.

Yeah, a lot of people cherry pick a stat to feed their denial. But anybody who knows the game knows points ain't all that defense is about. Nobody with any credentials is saying the Pats have the 9th best defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Yeah, a lot of people cherry pick a stat to feed their denial. But anybody who knows the game knows points ain't all that defense is about. Nobody with any credentials is saying the Pats have the 9th best defense.

I'm not saying our D is top notch and it's let us down at times this year but look at the top 10 pass D's in the league, 4 made the playoffs. Look at the top 10 D's in points allowed, 7 made the playoffs. I'll take the points allowed over the yards allowed any day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Exactly!

No, it isn't. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Sanchez is the anomolly in all this.  We're talking about a high profile position where chucks of money are thrown at you.  All teams in the NFL go with that type of a draft pick regardless.  Sanchez isn't the only QB to be thrown out there, to stink up the place and not be replaced.  A poor example here IMHO.

My belief is BB has done a good job.  If you're not getting those impact players at the top of the draft you're going to be lacking in areas.  That's the reason for getting players with some kind of upside.  Doesn't work a lot when you're low in the pecking order.  Why folks here can't see that I don't know. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

My belief is BB has done a good job.  If you're not getting those impact players at the top of the draft you're going to be lacking in areas.  That's the reason for getting players with some kind of upside.  Doesn't work a lot when you're low in the pecking order.  Why folks here can't see that I don't know. 

BB's first round picks: Seymour, Graham, Warren, Wilfork, Watson, Mankins, Maroney, Meriweather, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Jones and Hightower. All but Warren and Maroney still in the league.  Not bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Exactly!

No, it isn't. 

You're right. It's 95%.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Other facts are, BB asks a lot more out his defensive players than most if not all other defensive coordinators in this league. He doesn't run an exclusive 4-3 NCAA style man defense here like most NFL teams do."

Maybe if he started asking less they wouldn't suck so much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB's first round picks: Seymour, Graham, Warren, Wilfork, Watson, Mankins, Maroney, Meriweather, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Jones and Hightower. All but Warren and Maroney still in the league.  Not bad.

You think "still in the league" for a 1st round pick is good drafting? Five of those 13 were/are good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sanchez is the anomolly in all this.  We're talking about a high profile position where chucks of money are thrown at you.  All teams in the NFL go with that type of a draft pick regardless.  Sanchez isn't the only QB to be thrown out there, to stink up the place and not be replaced.  A poor example here IMHO.

Maybe they don't see that because they see tems like the Steelers and Giants winning 25% of the last 8 SBs each with lesser QBs. They must have done something right that BB didn't to achieve greater results and they weren't drafting in the top 10.

Try not rationalizing failure. You'll feel better about yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not saying our D is top notch and it's let us down at times this year but look at the top 10 pass D's in the league, 4 made the playoffs. Look at the top 10 D's in points allowed, 7 made the playoffs. I'll take the points allowed over the yards allowed any day

If your rankings of D's above existed in a void your point might make sense. But since an offense has a lot to say about who makes the playoffs your point is moot without that factored in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You think "still in the league" for a 1st round pick is good drafting? Five of those 13 were/are good.

By my count, 10 were/are "good." Guess it's in the eye of the beholder.  By the way, about 40 percent of the Pats roster was drafted by the Pats. So being generous, I'll say the draft is about half of the team building equation.  Frankly, after the first round it might as well be a lottery.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Maybe they don't see that because they see tems like the Steelers and Giants winning 25% of the last 8 SBs each with lesser QBs. They must have done something right that BB didn't to achieve greater results and they weren't drafting in the top 10.

So, if Samuels makes that interception in 2007 and Welker catches that pass in 2011 then Belichick would be a great GM. I see your logic!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Let me assure you I don't feel bad about myself at all.  It's you that wrings his hands in matter.  The truth is the Steelers and Giants have had better drafting spots than the Pats.  There are times when these guys don't get into the playoffs and the get into the top 20 picks.  The Pats are continuously at the tail end of the thing.  It could be as many as 15 spots and that's a lot.  The only way they have been able to move up in the draft is by sacrificing that first round draft pick one year to position themselves at a later time.  My only frustration in that was they didn't seem to be able to move up like they did last year.  I wanted JJ Watt pretty bad but I bet the list was long on that one. 

The draft catches up with teams like San Diego, Colts, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and in a way New England.  If it weren't for Tom Brady we would be in with those other teams.  Brees keeps the Saints afloat and of course the Luck pick will keep Indy going but these guys aren't the power houses they once were.  I think you'll see Baltimore fad in the next couple of years.  SF will be the power house for a while because of all those high draft picks they had in the first decade.  It is about where you draft.  The further down the list you go the odds aren't with you.  Teams get lucky every now and then like Brady with the Pats and Cruz with the Giants. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

BB is the greatest coach and GM ever. There are some who just don't like him and will be critical of everything that goes wrong. The type that will say brady stinks because he throws one incompletion. Once Belichick leaves they will learn.