BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself

In Response to Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself:
    In Response to Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself : Where am I ranting against the defense?  Fact is I've been championing the defense the entire season. It doesn't mean I don't think the draft picks aren't better spent on defense, the offense doesn't need any help in the way of personnel, it only needs better play calling and maybe a couple late picks for depth.  This defense is called by the greatest defensive mind of this generation but it doesn't mean the rebuilding hasn't ended. I say spend this draft primarily on defense.  We lost a starting tackle/end in Warren, we lost the starting OLB in Andre Carter and the guy that replaced him (Anderson) to the Bills, not to mention we have no depth at all at safety...   Saying that we should spend this draft addressing offensive concerns... we don't have any?!
    Posted by wozzy

The Pats don't have any concerns on offense? How 'bout at WR, where the Pats' youngest player is 31 years old? What about RB? Do you really feel comfortable with Stevan Ridley as the Pats' #1 RB? What about depth on the OL? Matt Light likely will retire, and RG Brian Waters is, at age 34, contemplating retirement. Sebastien Vollmer's bad back is rendering him worthless.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yup. You beat me to it. Back to the drawing board. But This is great news. Now we can get OL help in the 3rd or 4th round. Could BB trade both 1st round picks? If Barron, Perry, Upshaw, Bockers, and Mercilus are off the board, (with Coples, Poe, Kirpatrick and Cox, definitely gone) its possible!!! I don't see some of the other mock Pats picks as first round material, especially Reyes, Crick, Branch, Dennard, Still, Smith,Gilmore,McClellin - any of which would be nice mid second+ picks. And I don't see BB drafting Jenkins, Irvin or Hightower at all. But who knows...like you said things can change in an instant and BB is the least predictable drafter.
    Posted by elDunker2

I tend to agree with you, Dunk. I see BB trading down, too. As for Jenkins, my guess is that he's been taken off the Pats' draft board all together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself :      The Pats don't have any concerns on offense? How 'bout at WR, where the Pats' youngest player is 31 years old? What about RB? Do you really feel comfortable with Stevan Ridley as the Pats' #1 RB? What about depth on the OL? Matt Light likely will retire, and RG Brian Waters is, at age 34, contemplating retirement. Sebastien Vollmer's bad back is rendering him worthless.   
    Posted by TexasPat

We just signed Llyod, Stallworth, and Gonzalez to go with the crew we already have... how many roster spots do you think we have? Any rookie we don't give a roster spot to goes on the practice squad and gets swallowed up by another team. Yes I'm comfortable with a bevy of vets considering we're the best passing team in the league.

We signed Fells so take the 3rd tightend off your concern list, Koppen supposedly resigned at O line where there is a log jam with the amount of players we have coming to camp.

I don't think another rookie runningback is going to ease any of our concerns at that position, more likely a vet with a proven track record will be brought in to compete and teach the young guys.

The offense is as good as it gets, it's the best in the NFL, now the defense and special teams on the other hand...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HoleinOne402. Show HoleinOne402's posts

Giants a good draft model to look at.  Just as the Pats did in with their SuperBowl teams, Giants drafted for impact on defense.  Many forget that the Pats SuperBowl teams were made up 100% of #1 choices on D-line.

In Response to Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself : Much like the Pats, the Giants defense started poorly and improved as the season marched on, the Giant's defense was the best in the playoffs giving up the fewest points per game and causing turnovers.  Titles aren't won in September...
    Posted by wozzy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself":
    Giants a good draft model to look at.  Just as the Pats did in with their SuperBowl teams, Giants drafted for impact on defense.  Many forget that the Pats SuperBowl teams were made up 100% of #1 choices on D-line. In Response to Re: BB Draft History Will Repeat Itself : Posted by HoleinOne402
    Pretty sure they weren't. As I recall they had just Seymour in 01, and 02, got Warren in 03, and then had all first rounders when they got Wilfork in 04. Which was the same line that didn't win the SB in 05,06, 07, and 08. I agree they need help on the Dline, but I don't think it's the magic bullet for winning.

Sections
Shortcuts