BB Finally Pulls Plug On Shotgun Spread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: BB Finally Pulls Plug On Shotgun Spread

Who says they're changing the offense?

They offered Welker a deal and they talked with Amendola's people...Looks like they wanted to keep the offense together, just at a cheaper price...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

My only concern (a big one nonetheless) is Amendola's health if he is signed. When healthy, I believe he can be a viable replacement for Welker...but his injury history is concerning.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not sure how the deal for Amendola is structured, but its per-year amount seems pretty similar to what Welker got in Denver.  Just hope the production is near equivalent.  

Doubt the shotgun is going away anytime soon.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Who says they're changing the offense?

They offered Welker a deal and they talked with Amendola's people...Looks like they wanted to keep the offense together, just at a cheaper price...

Tweaking.  Less money and focus on the offense using a welker option.  Yes, more money for perimeter wr.

I was going to say I didn't think bringing in a guy who people around the league call the closest thing to Welker is a complete change to the offense but you've clarified your point and I now realise it's an excellent one. Last night I was thinking about the possibility of Welker leaving and I came to the conclusion that I didn't mind, it's one of these things, the team wern't winning the big games with him and paying him more would have only adversely effected the team I believe. To see him walk like that though and to the Broncos and for 2 M per more when he owes EVERYTHING to the Patriots is a real kick is the teeth, I hope he rots in Denver. You think watching one of the best players of all time cut his pay in half 2 weeks ago would be inspirational but nah Welker's just another greedy athlete. I don't know if anyone has realised but the Broncos are slowly dismantling their Defense for Offense. Good old 5 head...doomed to repeat his past mistakes!

EDIT, just read this:

Ian Rapoport   Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

I don't believe in coincidences. So: Welker leaves Patriots for $6M per year in Denver. Danny Amendola signs for $6.1M per year #Math

Retweeted by NFL

Now I don't get it at all I thought we were getting a bargain Welker type not paying more than we had paid for Welker. Age is a factor, but health also has to be involved in the decision. Could someone make sense of this for me?